dead soul(scaramouche x fem r...

By mi_riku

˜"*°•.˜"*°• "What a shame, i thought you'd be happy to see me!" •°*"˜.•°*"˜ "I ɯαʂ ɯɾσɳɠ." ˜"*°•.˜"*°• wha... More

prolouge
1. the chosen one
2. I suppose this is goodbye
3. threats won't work on me
4. Better swim for your life
5. weak
6. "He" "fatui"
7. Vision
8. quarrel
9. Fever
10. Start over despite memories
11. Miracle
12. Jealousy
13. Hot spring
15. Ruby
16. Drown once, drown twice
17. Arranged marriage
18. Immortality curse
19. Last day
20. Sweet injury
21. training
22. Perfect dad
23. Test of courage
24. awakened makoto
25. last act of obedience
26. fatui in disguise

14. Romance

197 6 26
By mi_riku

Tenshukaku, the greatest palace in the whole nation, the house of the almighty shogunate and her beloved followers. Today was a brand new day, i had a perfect sleep after taking a bath last night and kinda feel freshen up already early in the morning.

I stretched my arms and limbs, getting ready to embark on today's journey like usual, nothing special. Well i thought nothing special was coming so far.

First i set foot out of my room, i felt the emptiness of the whole palace. The people there were gone. Tenshukaku has always been filled with samurai, guards, staff and people placing commissions every now and then but today there was no one to be found.

At first i freaked out, thinking i might’ve reincarnated in another empty world or something that can be found in books which has the highest sale in the yae publishing house for the last two years. People enjoy these stories with a complicated plot and so did i.

Back to the matter at hand, i found myself running around the palace's huge terrific garden and spotted a guard near the entrance of the Tenryou commission. I sighed in relief for a second, realizing nothing terrifying happened. I mean who could i blame? Waking up one day and see the place you're living in is empty when everyday the hustle and bustle of the palace is intolerable.

Having gone towards the Tenryou commission, i asked the guard inside "um excuse me?"

He ignored my question, what a weirdo. I asked again making a fool out of myself "do you know why's no one here? Can i meet general kujou? Isn't she suppose to be here, giving us commissions?"

The samurai guard looked down at me and thought he'd better give me an answer otherwise i won't be leaving here soon "today is Tenshukaku's anniversary young lady and miss kujou is probably around the palace doing some hobbies of her own. Why do you want commission for today? Wait are you miss y/n? Lord kunikuzushi’s companion?"

I nodded and he apologized quickly "forgive me young lady y/n for not recognizing you."

I responded in a polite manner not making the guard feel ashamed "no worries! What is the Tenshukaku's anniversary?"
He raises an eyebrow, not believing what I've asked. Wait did i make a fool out of myself again? I mean i have no idea about everything going on around the palace, I've been here for only a month now!

The samurai cleared his throat "never heard of it? Alright, it's a day-off for everyone at the palace, they all leave to visit their families and spend time with them for a day. I mean normal day-off's are common here but it's not the same day for every people here! It's history is long, many ages ago, today the Tenshukaku has been officially built. The house of the electro archon!"

I listened closely enjoying the new lovely details I've never heard of! I smiled in return "so how many people are around?"

He sat on the Tenryou offices desk, wondering just like i did "not a clue honestly! Miss kujou might be hanging out around the palace, OH LIBRARY! It's one of her hobbies but there are also a few people around like the shogun! Or even your master."

After chatting for a while i decided to go look for sara at the library. I never had much time to visit the library since I've been working so hard accompanying that idiot everyday doing commissions and making sure he won't die while doing it. I barely had time for myself but today is the day. There are no commissions, no meetings, no celebration, just a normal day. I really missed having a whole day to myself.

As for scaramouche, i had no idea what is he up to right now. It's my duty to pay him a visit and make sure he doesn't have a particular plan for today but i won't go near him, not at all. What had happened last night seems like a blur memory but obvious as a bright sunny day, we kissed. That was sweet but he probably won't remember it.

To be honest, the only reason i desired to share a kiss with him was his drunk self. He said he had about 11 or less shots if i remember correctly. So far, he won't remember anything from previous night or at least that's what i think. I'm afraid to face him, what if he remembers? Then what? How am i suppose to justify myself for my action? Screw you scaramouche! You made me an overthinker after i met you!

I wasn't even planning to tell him about last night but if he remembers, I'd kill myself for sure.

I entered the library and stood there shifting my eyes from left to right observing everything that had been there, it was like a dream come true. How could such a huge, majestic, stunning library exists in the palace that I've never been aware of. This is the archon’s home, of course they made this palace the best possible home an archon would need.

I looked around again, those large crystal chandeliers, the terrific wide windows on the left side with the oceans view and everything, the magical books in every color and with ladders around so you could reach higher shelves for grabbing books, an open area for desks and sofas around to chill and read.

The most luxurious library I've ever seen with my eyes. I began to walk more towards its center to catch a glimpse of everything and everyone around, to my surprise it was completely empty or i thought so when sara grabbed my wrist and pulled me on the floor. I needed a moment to process when she put a finger on her lips as a sign of "shhhh!"
She then pointed at the location she intentionally was trying to observe.

I lifted my head to the direction she was pointing at and found Scaramouche on a large gorgeous desk reading a book. WAIT HE READS NOVELS TOO?

then i waited for a moment to think "probably reading 'how to suffer people around me then burn them alive' genre book."

Sara covered her mouth forcing her laughter to fade before being discovered by the nerd scaramouche. We both knew if he find us spying on him, it'll be over for us. We should have reservations already for a nice beautiful grave, the longer we stay here.

"I wonder if he's reading a romance novel." Sara said with a curious face.

"Trust me, the feeling is mutual." I looked at him again, his lavender gorgeous hair was covering parts of his eyes while reading. He looked as if interested in a novel then i also ask sara for what has been on my mind for a while "what makes you think he's reading romance?"

She replied "he was using a romance section ladder when i arrived here. that's enough proof, don't you think?"

"Makes sense."

Sara finally gave up telling me she wanted to grab a book and read since scaramouche is doing what his hearts desire and sara was tired of her curiosity she then excused to leave and there i was stalking him while he was reading a book.

They say people read what they like and especially romance books reflects what you want or would love for a relationship in short, your desired live life. I shook my head just to concentrate on reality, that jerk would never read a romance novel. What he needs in his life is only himself not people like me, that's most likely why he rejected my offer as his shrine maiden at first.

But i wanted to see what he was reading so bad, he might be reading something in a philosophy, psychology or history genre and no romance is involved. Misunderstandings happens though even if sara saw him goofing around the romance section. But all these thoughts wouldn't help my curiosity to be repressed.

I GOTTA SEE WHAT HE'S READING!

sara on the other hand spotted me still looking at him. She sighed at first but got closer to scaramouche "oh lord kunikuzushi! I've been looking for you everywhere, there's something i gotta show you about your latest commission respond which needs your answer personally."

Scaramouche who seemed awfully frightened by sara's unexpected and sudden appearance right behind him, closed the book instantly. So there's something he didn't want sara to see! It might seem embarrassing for him so it's a sign that i must take a look at it.

"Seriously right now? I'm not buying that!"

"It only takes a few minutes my lord." After sara's complaints, they were gone for good. The sooner they left, the more excited and stressed i felt. I immediately ran towards his desk and looked at the books cover.

It was just a random normal cover, then i opened it where he left off. I interestingly looked into the words reading them.

•••

He ignored her shyness and came closer, whispering "do you want it the hard way or the easy way?"

She panicked and tried to get out of his embrace, letting go of her feeling and such but there was something blocking her.

"Trust me it's gonna be good for both of us."

She silently laughed "Don't act like you love me, it's a fake marriage! Remember?"

•••

OHHHH SO HE WAS READING A NOVEL WITH AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE PLOT TWIST?

•••

He raised his arm slapping her own wife "You're right, me just trying to build a relationship here is pointless."

His wife's expression changed into sadness showing she also wanted that.

"Sorr-

•••

I heard footsteps when i came to my senses, shit scaramouche is back!!
This book honestly had a great charisma. It made me drown in it for more than a minute now, my whole plan was to just look at it real quick before he arrives.

Mission failed.

I was late to save myself from this mess, if he sees me it'd be over. I have to bear a long term punishment for sure.
Regardless of my thoughts, i went down the desk and hide under it. I had no choice but to hide and pray not to be found.

I obviously couldn't ran away and hide in the mean time so this option became the most suitable one.

He approached the desk and slowly opened the book, paging through it. I put my hand on my mouth before fainting here, if he sees me, only archon’s know what awaits me.

The situation was an uncomfortable one, he was lifting his feet right to left and reverse. If he moves it forward, I'll be done for. If i ran away, i would've been in less trouble than i am in right now.

Sweating and breathing slowly at the same time got me all exhausted and hot already. I needed to get out of here. His feet were facing me and i tried not to look but i did eventually check him out and cursed myself for doing so.

I was shaking with fear of being discovered, how am i suppose to justify myself and get out of this mess?
Maybe i have to wait long and he leaves, right?

Through all these thoughts i did something which wasn't part of my plan.

"Achooooo-"

Scaramouche looked down, under the desk and his eyes met mine. He had smirk written all over his face and at the same time pure evilness.

I panicked. Having done such a mess, i wish i could've disappeared like a fart in the wind. But he wasn't angry like i pictured it. He came down from his chair and got closer to me.

"Wait i can explain!"

"do you want it the hard way or the easy way?"

HEY! IT WAS THE EXAXT LINE I READ! NOW I KNEW WHERE HE LEARNED TO RIZZ ME UP.

i blushed and looked away, not meeting his gaze however he grabbed my chin forcefully and looked into my eyes, those eyes, they were lovely and frightening simultaneously. I wanted those eyes to look at me often which i replied.

"You're eyes."

"Huh?"

"They're beautiful."

"Don't try to get away with this by complimenting me."

"I'm not."

"I ask you once more, do you want it the hard way or the easy way?"

"You're hopeless flirting without your books."

The flame which had been burning brightly in his eyes made me scare a bit "sorry, sorry, the easy way."

I showed him my puppy eyes and he smiled in return "stalking on a crown archon is everyone's habit, you just looked halerious."

Eww now he's complimenting himself.

"I want you to..."

"??"

"Cook me a meal!"

I became speechless, meal? Is he that hopeless that once the staff are gone he doesn't have anything to eat?

"That's all? Phew!"

"What? Were you so positive to service me in other ways when i asked you to do me a favor?"

More like an order!

"No! Nope haha of course not! I'm gonna go cook now! Bye"

♤♡◇♧

Later he arrived at the kitchen and i prepared my best ramen, i could even eat my fingers!

It took me some time to make this but i mde it carefully since he asked me to do that and if i fail to meet his expectations then i have to service him in some other ways he mentioned before.

I put it infront of him and he smiled a bit then changed it before his happiness getting noticed, luckily i caught it in time.

Suddenly i remembered last night he had so much drink and the kiss. He asked me to remind him of the kiss but i didn't and probably won't. That wasn't suppose to happen and it's better if i take this secret to grave rather than telling him. Kissing or doing anything while people are drunk is disrespectful, i shouldn't have done that but i was too drunk to think straight as well.

I call it accident anyways, we aren't a couple after all. It was just a childish mistake we made!!! We mean nothing to eachother.

"It was delicious."

He mentioned and my heart flattered "th-anks..sss!"

"You should’ve said your welcome idiot."

I laughed at his silly joke, do we really mean nothing to eachother?

(A/N)

heyyyyy, sorry for a long wait for a new chapter, I've been sick and mostly heartbroken by my crush giving me mixed signal and shit.

Gosh school is a shitty place full of drama...

Anyways i may be taking long to upload chapters since I've been busy studying as well but not longer than this one lol.

Thanks for votes and everything ily<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 85 12
ㅤ࣭ ㅤㅤׂ ㅤ ㅤˑㅤ ㅤ۟ ㅤ₊ ♡ ─ ❝ 𝐖𝐡𝐲 𝐝𝐨 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠? ❞ ─ ❝ 𝐖𝐚𝐢𝐭. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭...? ❞ ۪ ˑ 𓂂...
3K 112 18
✎﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏ "𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑓𝑎𝑖l, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 ℎ𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑙𝑝 𝑚𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑖𝑠𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑏𝑖𝑔𝑔𝑒𝑠𝑡 𝑎𝑚𝑏𝑖𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑡 𝑎𝑛𝑦 𝑐�...
5.6M 181K 46
As a member of the Fatui military, it is extremely important to follow the rules of your superiors. Betraying them would be similar to a death senten...
72.3K 3K 44
On January 7th, 2020, the 7 hero's of Sumeru all mysteriously went missing, leaving the city in Chaos. Their secret identities were revealed, leaving...