Let Me Live

By Sammipott

Perrie Lancaster has zero plans after college. No dream job she's working toward, no one to impress, and no c... More

Welcome Page
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four

Epilogue

1.7K 87 40
By Sammipott

One Month Later...

His fingers grip my hair, pulling me down to kiss him as his hips thrust upwards. A soft moan escapes my lips as he gently presses a kiss to my already swollen lips. My hands press into his chest, my nails scratching the sensitive skin on his pectorals.

A strained groan leaves his lips in garbles. I try not to giggle at the sound, pushing up until I sit with my back straight, throwing my roughed-up hair over my shoulder. His hands move across my stomach, tickling me before landing on my hips, holding me down as he thrusts into me again.

A choked sound strangles out of me at the feel of him. "Levi," I murmur breathlessly, almost in a whine.

Nails dig into his abs and he hisses, offering me a devilish smirk. "Like that, Peeps?" He moves to do it again and I wait in breathless anticipation but instead, he settles back down, rubbing his thumbs along my waist.

I want to punch him. I really want to. But he's so good at this.

That's fine, two can play this game. I lift my one leg as if I'm going to climb off him but his grip tightens and he sits up. Our chests press against each other as he looks up at me. His one hand trails up my spine until he's gripping the back of my neck. "Where you going, baby?" he whispers, our mouths a hair breath away.

No matter how much he affects me, the petty part of me holds strong. I shrug casually...you know, while he's still inside me. "If you're not going to get me off, I might as well do it myself."

He grins, and his other hand wanders across my stomach again.

A quick knock sounds on his bedroom door before it slams open. "Dude, are you still sleeping? We have to leave in—AHH!"

Nico and I scream at the same time as we make eye contact I dive for the other side of Levi's bed while Levi scrambles to pull the sheet over my naked body. "Nico, what the fuck?"

Pulling the sheet tight against my body, so tight I'm pretty sure I'm cutting off the blood circulation to my head, I glare at the idiot in the doorway. "Yeah, what the fuck, Nico?" I demand, brushing my messy hair out of my face.

Poor Nico looks traumatised. "I didn't know you were here!" He yells, eyes wide. He points an accusing finger at Levi. "You went to bed alone!"

"What did we say about knocking?" Levi demands, pinching the bridge of his nose. I'd laugh if I wasn't so mortified.

Nico's mouth drops open in offense. "I knocked!" He points to the door as evidence.

Giving him a pointed look, I sit up, clutching the sheet to my chest. "Knocking while opening the door does not count, you idiot," I inform him, my voice stern.

Nico raises both hands. "Again, I didn't know you were here, bitch," he says slowly, annunciating each word with sass.

Scrambling up further onto the bed, I launch myself at him with one hand. He squeals, launching himself out of Levi's bedroom. Levi's hand wraps around my waist tugging me into his bare chest. "I'm going to kill him," I whisper, glaring at the empty doorway. "I'm going to kill you!" I yell out before hearing his bedroom door slam shut.

His lips brush against my flushed cheek. "You are so hot when you're mad." He runs his hands over my shoulders, kneading the tension in my neck. "But he's right about the time, I'm going to be late if I don't shower now."

Huffing, I fold my arms across my chest with a pout. Great. Now I'm going to be worked up the whole fucking day.

He chuckles at my expression, kissing the back of my head. "Wanna join me?"

My head perks up and I twist my head to look up at him with a devilish grin, slowly pulling him toward the bathroom in the hallway.

|| ✨ ||

I sit in the living room, waiting for the two of them to finish getting ready. My hair is in a messy bun on top of my head and I'm wearing a pair of sweatpants and one of Levi's hoodies to keep warm. The apartment feels so quiet without their nine-month-old puppy, Abby running around anymore.

Apparently, a few weeks ago, a neighbor from a few floors down complained about a dog barking in the building and the landlord came snooping around. She's now comfortably living the life with Nico's parents where she has a massive backyard to run around in. But I still miss cuddling on the couch with her.

A single glance outside confirmed my suspicions that it snowed a ridiculous amount in the middle of the night. It'd only started flurrying when Hallie dropped me off but now there's at least a foot of snow on the ground.

Even now the snow plows rumble along the streets down below, shoving the snow onto the side of the road.

Hard to believe it's already the end of February. The last month has been nothing short of blissful and exciting. We officially got back together shortly after his Swim Meet where we all wore matching shirts with his abs on them. That night, in fact, he took me to dinner and asked me on a date.

We've spent the last month getting to know each other while also putting a lot of our focus on our other priorities. For him, his swimming, obviously. But I've made my schoolwork a priority. I know, who would have thought, right?

He's afraid of birds, something he's mentioned a few times, but the story about how one of them tried to build a nest in his hair when he fell asleep outside will forever make me cry from laughter.

The main thing is that while we've been together, we understand that we can't physically be around each other all the time. Hence this morning. I finished my assignment last night before the cut-off and bribed Hallie to drive me over here at almost midnight on a Friday.

His parents are definitely still an obstacle that we're slowly getting over. They still don't like me and see me as a distraction and a bad influence. Boo-hoo. But they're attempting to settle their difference and try. His mother even invited me to grab coffee with her one day. I haven't agreed yet, Levi just told her I'd think about it.

My parents on the other hand are a different story. Dad tried to play off Thanksgiving like it was no big deal and wanted us to come over during Spring Break to make up for it. I told him no flat out. Unless he's willing to show his effort, I'm no longer interested in spending time with him. I left Wren to decide for herself but ultimately she sided with me.

Paige is like a ghost. She keeps to herself mostly. Wren said she offered her a ride to school the other day and she asked if she was dying. I don't talk to her. I've let her go. We can be civil in front of the kids and Henry but as far as I'm concerned she's that odd family member you're forced to see but stay far away from.

Henry is amazing. He's already visited. He wanted to meet Levi once he heard we'd gotten back together. The two of them got along so freaking well they started ganging up on me, telling each other some of my most embarrassing moments.

But I was happy. Life was good. Great even.

I haven't given up partying or drinking alcohol altogether but it's all done and planned in moderation. All of my friends know that it's okay to ask me how many drinks I've had, or how I'm feeling, I want them too. Because that way I can hold myself accountable for my actions.

My phone beeps from the coffee table. Picking it up, I see an open image text from Nova.

Opening our text thread, I picture loads onto my screen. Nova is sitting in the dinner, smiling brightly with a rough and half-asleep-looking Jonah next to her. Distinctive purple marks the side of his neck.

A text pops up underneath the image.

Get your ass down to the diner, caught this one sneaking out of a certain sorority PRESIDENT'S room this morning!!! —Nova

My jaw hangs open. No fucking way.

Be there in ten, order me a hot coffee, please.

She sends a thumbs up in return.

Levi steps out of his room first, straightening the collar of his shirt before fiddling with his tie and suit jacket. Holy fuck, I am one lucky girl. He's wearing a frown on his face when his tie won't sit a certain way on his chest before glancing up at me.

There.

That look right there. That is the reason I'm slowly falling in love with this man. The way the smile breaks out across his face when he looks at me while I look like a bum still brings butterflies to my stomach.

He struts right up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me into a breathless kiss.

Swoon.

"You look great, Peeps," he murmurs, swaying us lightly as he places short, sweet kisses on my lips.

I snort. "Right, of course," I say unable to stick with the sarcasm because of my smile. "You look so handsome in your suit, Superstar."

Another door opens. "Okay, the next person in this room that is getting kissed, is me. So either pucker up or get out," Nico orders, throwing an arm out toward their front door.

"Wow, Bestie, you clean up well too," I remark, grabbing my tote bag off the couch. Levi takes it from my hands and throws it over his shoulder, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

Nico tugs on the lapels of his suit jacket and winks. "I know," he replies cockily as we file out of the apartment.

This thing they're going to, it's some event the school puts on for the top-performing athletes in each sport. Not every team member attends it but the team captains do and other athletes with the most promising stats. I guess it's a fundraiser event, kind of like the ones our sorority puts on for the alumni in order to buy new things for the sorority or for charity.

A blast of wind smacks us in the face as we exit the lobby of their apartment building. I tug on the strings of Levi's hoodie, letting it cover more of my face. The three of us run to Levi's car and dive in, shaking off any excess snow from our clothes.

I make myself comfortable in the backseat, knowing better than to fight Nico for the passenger seat. When I tried to last time, I ended up with a bruise on my elbow for a week. He ended up with a black eye.

Levi twists in the driver's seat to look at me and Nico fiddles with the seat warmer buttons. "To the house?"

"Nope, Nova and Jonah are at the diner off Lakeside, is it okay if you drop me there?" I ask, buckling up.

He nods, facing the front and pulling out of the parking lot. "Of course it's okay."

"Why the hell did those two leave the warmth of their beds? It's fucking freezing," Nico mutters, upping the heat in the car.

For someone who spent most of their time on the literal ice, he's a pussy when it comes to snow.

I lean as far forward as my seat buckle lets me. "Get this, Nova caught Jonah sneaking out of Gianna's bedroom this morning. We're going to interrogate him," I say smugly mixed with excitement.

Besides, the wind seems to be subsiding and there's no fresh snow, just dirty piled-up snow on the sides of the streets.

Nico turns in his seat with an open mouth. "No fucking way. Jonah with Gianna? That's hilarious."

"Right?" I say too loudly.

Nico points a finger at me. "I want the full tea when I get this fucking show pony event over with, got it? All the dirty details, I'm invested." Levi rolls his eyes from the driver's seat.

I grin, slapping Nico's palm. "Deal."

We pull up to a red traffic light and Levi holds his hand out behind his seat. There's those damn butterflies again. Leaning forward, I link our fingers together and squeeze tight. He squeezes back, pulling my hand forward and twisting his head to kiss the back of my hand.

Never have I felt so loved and cared for. We may not have said I love you to each other out loud yet but I know that we both can feel it in every touch and glance. This is someone who makes me a priority without having to give up his dreams.

He makes me happy. And I hope we hold on to that feeling for as long as we can.

|| ✨ ||

Wow, and it's over.

I know it may come as a surprise. The intention was not to finish it so soon but after the last chapter, I sat there and just kept saying to myself. That felt like the perfect ending to me.

I didn't want to drag out this story because then you lose that pull of emotion while reading. The other chapters would have felt like filler chapters and no one wants that.

But to me, this ending is perfect.

I hope you loved it!

Feel free to ask me any questions on this line! Anything about the story, other stories, my life, random things, anything! I'll answer them as honestly as I can :)

For the last time on Let Me Live,

Sammipott xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.3K 2.2K 98
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
1.5M 32.5K 58
Ethan Knight is living his life just as he imagined it. Being the captain of the basketball team, he has to make sure they win this year's championsh...
386K 15.2K 38
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. ❝I always loved you, even when I pushed you away, but now I have a new mission.......i want to win you back.❞ From a...
1.1M 18.1K 43
Book 1 in the Colliding Series One Dream, Two Ambitions Katherine Mitchell has grown up around hockey, with her father being a hockey legend, James...