Beauty From Ashes

By IsaacFogle

Cheyenne Mitchell grew up as an average Christian girl, in a strict Seventh Day Adventist family. But she ALS... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 Part 1
Chapter 18 Part 2
Chapter 19 Part 1
Chapter 19 Part 2
Chapter 20 Part 1
Chapter 20 Part 2
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 Part 1
Chapter 22 Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24 Part 1
Chapter 24 Part 2
Chapter 24 Part 3
Chapter 24: Part 4
Chapter 25: Saved Part 1
Chapter 25: Saved Part 2
Chapter 25: Saved Part 3
Chapter 26: Surprises Part 1
Chapter 26: Surprises Part 2
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 1, Spiritual
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 2, Mental
Chapter 27: Conflict Part 3, Physical
Chapter 28: Wedges
Chapter 29: Unity Part 1
Chapter 29: Unity Part 2
Chapter 30: Mercy Part 1
Chapter 30: Mercy, Part 2
Chapter 30, Mercy Part 3
Chapter 31 Part 1: Farewell
Chapter 31 Part 2, The Next Step
Chapter 32: A New Beginning

Chapter 29: Unity Part 3

23 3 0
By IsaacFogle

Future Cheyennes POV:
So for a little while I've been sharing some of the aftermath of me finally sharing my testimony to everyone. And how we were all just going out and growing closer and hanging out doing all kinds of stuff before the last night we had with all of them..

Tamara and Sidney are smiling and chuckling. "Well Ms. Mitchell. It certainly sounds like you had quite a positive experience after being truthful to your friends."

I smile bashfully. "Yeah. And, I even said it to them. It wasn't a mystery that they accepted me overall, but I could hardly believe how QUICKLY they all did so."

"Mmmmm. Grace and mercy does feel like that," Tamara said. "And, have you seen or spoken to those people since coming here?"

"Uh....unfortunately no. For whatever reason we haven't heard from them since. My guess is that, maybe they've been too busy. Although, Albert has recently gone back to Bakersfield for a little conference. And things sound like they've been just as crazy, if not crazier than when we were last there."

"So, I'm assuming the last night of your time in Bakersfield, after that was you first day up here in New York?"

I nod my head. "Yes. Yes it was."

"What was that last night like? And after that, hopefully we can finally start talking about your time here like we were supposed to be doing!" Sidney said with a chuckle.

Tamara giggles. "Are you sure? I feel like I could talk to this sweetheart all day."

This leaves me laughing loud in response, all blushing. "Well thank you, you really are too kind. Uh... But yeah, the last night we spent back there in Bakersfield.....it was a bit of a wild night. First, Albert and Vinnie randomly decided to throw a sudden 8 year class reunion. So they got together with their friends from school and brought them into the church.

"And them after that, we all went into the Sanctuary, and, we were all having fun with music, and partying and dancing. And Albert was leading up on the stage, loving every single minute he was worshipping and celebrating with everyone. You could tell that, he was so happy that so many people came and, ot just made me happy thinking, how much support he had and how....like he said earlier, I was causing all of this joy and everything to happen. It was literally a full house, and everyone was having a great time."

We're all smiling together. And I start to wince. "But then...uhhh....one thing had led to another and.....for a while, that whole night had turned into....something else."

"Hmm? What do you mean?"

"I'll, keep it as brief as I can. But overall, this was a night that was very important to me, and importsnt with who I've become now. When it was over......I was blown away in every possible way...." I then grimace. "But it didnt start out with that same feeling. At.......At one point as it was nightfall, i......I found out about a couple things that happened.

"I'll explain in a moment, but when I first heard those things, I was..... terrified by what it could've meant. And, low and behold......as some people learned about.......worse things started to happen. Looking back.....this was one of the most.....remarkable and pivotal nights of my life but, while it was happening.......it was also one of the scariest nights of my life..... Definitely THE scariest time of my life here on Earth..."

Pause.
"How's that, Ms. Mitchell?"

I open my eyes. "Well it all went like this. You see- Oh wait. And before I forget, that last dsy in California? While it was a day where i said goodbye to a lot of friends. It was also a day where, I made a new friend as well," I said while smiling and blushing my hands through my pink hair.

Cheyenne's POV:
Phoebe, Miranda I pull into the Divinity parking lot at quarter til 6. And, right off the bat I'm surprised by how many vehicles are here.

The school reunion had gone on for a couple hours and half an hour ago, albert left Mark and the worship team on "watch duty" while he, Curtis, the Amigos, Duncan, Patrick, Colton and Mitch take off to prepare the Sanctuary.
In the sanctuary Albert and the guys are finishing up on setting their sound, setting up chairs and helping Coltons friends prepare their cameras.

They open the doors and their friends begin stepping into the room.
"Wow. Can't believe we actually got a full load tonight," Albert said.

"I haven't seen this many people in the halls since I worked as the Counselor here," Curtis said.

"Indeed. Everyone is here! Even some of the kids from Fresno got the word and came inside."

"Gosh. It feels insane being back with everybody. Brings back memories for sure."

"Pretty much describes this past week."

"Yeah. So, you still haven't told me much about this new band you found to play at 645."

"Uhhh yeah. These guys aren't gonna break anything are they?" Curtis asked.

"Oh I don't think we have to worry about that. In fact, I think they'll be-"

"Albert?! Albert!!" Miranda shouted.
"Hey!!" Phoebe runs into the room. "Okay. You guys ready to see the NEW Cheyenne Mitchell?"

"Heh? New Cheyenne?"

"Yeah. We...kinda thought we should give her a little makeover to get her ready for New York."

"Uh-oh!" Vinnie spoke out. "How does it look?! Or first, how does she think it looks?"

I yelled out from behind the walls. "It's perfect! And with just the right get up, NO ONE will recognize me as Phoenix NOW!!" I said excitedly.

"Whatever you say," Curtis said. "But you used to be good at not shouting that out."

"Just saying!"

"Well don't leave us hanging, let us see!" Albert yelled out.

"Okay. Okay, coming inside!!"

They all turn over.....before they see me stepping through the doors.

Both their jaws and their eyes go wide.
"Oh my God," they all said in unison.

I step out. My hair has been cut half short, and it's been dyed with a dark shade of pink. I'm wearing s due scarf, a teal jacket

"Now she may not look normal, but I think this will be more than enough to help her with the attention and recognition," Phoebe said. "We thought the first step to help her, was to make her look more unique."

"We've also bought some contact lenses and new clothes to cover that neck of here. Lots of sweaters and turtlenecks," Miranda said.

"What do you think?"

"Umm.....you want my, honest thoughts?"

"Yes, please. You'd only harm me by dishonest flattery."

"Well.....?" Albert stares at me. "You look like if Stephanie from LazyTown had a sudden growth spurt, and then fused bodies with the Stephanie from Game Theory, which is another YouTube show."

"Oh. Well, uh......"
I have no idea how to respond to that.
"Okay, uhm, anyone else?"

"I.......canNOT say anything different," Curtis said.

"Yeah that is, Terrifyingly accurate," Vinnie added.

"Hmm. Well, I guess it's a start."

"It looks good though. Just, it's gonna take awhile to get used to."

"Eh. Fair enough."

"And you got the contacts and.......did you give her a haircut too?"

"Yeah. It took us an extra 30 minutes."

"I figured, just to be safe."

"It looks very nice......but, uh- if you don't mind, I'd like to add my own little touch," Albert said standing behind me.

"Uhmm.....one second," I said, stepping forward. Two of the other women, Abby and Carly (one of Phoebe's sisters) are conversing together with several of the people I briefly saw at the house last week. I quietly approach them and clear my throat. And several of them turn to me. "Uh.......hey guys. You all.....look, well tonight....?"
Wow, that was terrible.

These people gather around me silently, looking on edge. The two girls, and two guys named Ryan and Philip step closer to me. I begin to grow nervous as Carly folds her arms at me with that stern look in her eyes.
But then she chuckles and slaps me in the arm. "So do you, cheyenne."

"Ha Ha Ha!"
"Good to see ya back!"
Several of the people I recognize begin to pat me on the back and approach me with smiles as they either shake my name or embrace me.

Albert walks over and smirks.
"See? Already you're finding people who are accepting and welcoming you "

"Yeah and I'm leaving the next morning and they havent shown this kind of attention to me before tonight."

"Maybe it's the new look." I scoff in response to this. "Speaking of which, I have something I'd like to add to the look real quick. Close your eyes."

"Uh oh. Ohh no, don't EMBARRASS ME!!" I pleaded.

"NOW NOW NOW, don't worry!" We both chuckle. "Close your eyes." I close my eyes and I feel something cold.

"Brrr. What on Earth are you doing?"

"One second.....Okay, open them up."

"Oh brothe-!" I look down and become confused. He....he put my gemstone crucifix around my neck.
"What.....? You- You put the-?"

"You haven't worn it once since I got it for you, I figured....why not make use of it for the makeover." I look down and hold it in my fingers. "Besides.....you were saying, you didn't like how you forgot about that impact and the feel from when it.....happened. This could be a good reminder, knowing you carry his mercy and forgiveness, wherever you go..." I turn the cross over with Jesus on it and stare down at it....remembering sitting before him, and I smile. "And......" he then wraps my fur scarf around it. "See? I think it really compliments your scarf motiff. What do you think?"

I look to myself.....it really is a transformation. And this cross.....not even the representation of Christ on it. This necklace literally saved my life.
I squeeze the cross in my hand really tightly, as it is in front of my heart and smile. "I think this will do JUST fine....."

Curtis beams at the sight of this. "Well, this is a blessing. I'm so happy that you can join us tonight."

"Me too, Curtis...." Then I gasp. "Oh, and uh, if you don't mind, I- I actually brought a guest."

"Oh really? Well that's splendid!" Curtis replied.

"Oh. Right..." Albert said with a wink.

Venus then peeks her head out. "So, ate you guys good to go, or are...?"

Curtis turns his head then squints at her before his left eye widens. "Wait...! It's You."
Venus widens her eyes as Curtis approaches her. "You were there at the Restaurant. But I- I thought you and your friends were-"

"It- It's a.....long story! Uh...I don't actually know what I'm doing in here but I'll just-"

Curtis shakes his head chuckling. "Come on in!"

"Oh no i couldnt-"

"Yes you could," I said, pulling her in.

Curtis lays a hand on her shoulder. "Please stick around. So, what has she been doing here?"

"Well it turns out that after a little invite forwarding accident, she found out about this place. And good ole Albert here seems to have piqued her interest with his last message here."

Curtis smirks. "Niiiice! Good work."

"And as we all know, these doors are open to all who are curious and seeking," Albert added.

"Yes sir!" Curtis then pats her on the back. "Well, welcome to the Divinity youth, Keneisha. I'm sure you're gonna love what's in store for tonight."

"Hmm. Well, I'll be the judge of that," Venus chuckled. Curtis nods and walks off.

"Speaking of being the judge...." Mark softly spoke out behind Venus. She turns around to see him and the rest of the band staring.

"What the heck...?"

Venus wavesawkwardly. "Hi there...."

Albert then approaches them. "Right, looks like I forgot to mention that. This one's a friend."

"Welll.....we sure hope so," Felicia said. "But we've got our eyes on you."

"Don't worry guys. She's been behaving well so far," I said coming up to them.

"Goodness gracious!!" Mark said behind me. I turn over and see him and the worship team entering the room. "At least your scarves help Us recognize you!"

"Yeah? I would've hoped so!"

Curtis taps me on the shoulder. "So you're gonna stick around and hang with the group tonight?"

"Even if I didn't want to attend a service, I at least wanted to come back to where it all started before we start this new journey...." I said. "I hope you all don't mind, now that you-"

"Are you kidding me?" Mark interrupted smiling. "This is just what the party needed. We're glad you could make it."

"Ditto," CJ said.

"So does this mean we get to do......The Thing?" Mason asked Albert.

"Of course!" Albert said.
"Alright!!"

"What thing?" I asked
"You'll see," Felicia replied with a wink.

Samuel and Isaac are the last ones to walk past us. "Hey, Isaac?" I approach him as he turns around. "I really owe your father my thanks."

Isaac smiles. "So I've heard. But what were you really doing lying asleep in the woods so far out past the city?"

"Doing what I've been doing the past few years: running. But now....I think I'm ready to stand still and, admire the blessings around me."

Isaac nods his head. "Yeah, I know what that's like. Life can be challenging, especially if you have a disability like me....but we're still blessed and cared for by God." I smile andnnod before stepping away. Isaac then looks around the room and checks out the door. He then peeks over and sneaks over to Wes. "Hey Campbell?"

Then another guy steps in, tall and blonde.
Albert approaches him. "Ah, so you must be the new guy."

The blonde chuckles quietly and smiles. "Yeah. I mean, I was already filling in for you with your college time. Just figured I'd stop by and see you for myself."

"Well, glad to finally meet you. I'm Qlbert.

"You too Albert. I'm expecting to hear wonders from NYC," he said stepping by.

"I hope, even though I'm a western foreigner." We then snicker.

Then JT and Tyler enter through the Sanctuary doors. "We heard this was where we could meet some cute girls?!"

"And maybe a little bit of a party and fellowship as well."

"JT! Tyler! You made it!!"

Both me and Albert greet them and embrace. "Hey! Good to see you guys again!"

"Oooh, didn't you visit Candyland recently?"

"Cute, JT," I said.

"Man, it's crazy seeing people like you two, I'm this building!" Albert said.

"Yeah? We nearly got lost trying to find this church. We actually wandered into an airport by accident in the neighboring city. Luckily, JT got proper directions from a woman there."

"I didn't even mean to ask her directly, I asked if she knew anyone familiar with the place, and she immediately gave the details," he said.

"Huh. Well that was nice!"

"Yeah no kidding!" spoke a man.

"Glad you guys could make it.

"Are you kidding? This news is MIND-BLOWING for you. And, be sure to give James our blessing for us?" Tyler asked.

"Oh absolutely!"

"Well, we made it JUST in time to say hello to you both. Do you know a good spot where we can sit?" JT asked.

"YES, OF COURSE!! Right this way!!" Albert said before he leads the former roommates away.

So I stand in the hallway, watching them walk off, while more people are flocking into the room. I recognize some of these people from the last times I came here, a couple years ago. A lot of them....look new to me. I guess some of these people are the former classmates from the reunion, here to see...an apparent musical performance that was promised. Sure seems like it, since some of them are wearing high school attire with their gruadauon year on it.

Then later, after Cheyenne sneaks off to the bathroom, she accidentally bumps into someone coming out of it. "Oh! Oh gosh, I'm sorry!"

"Oh no no. It's totally-"
But the person stands straight and it's Lacey, who still has the cast on. Lacey groans. "Well.....can't say I'm surprised. So you finally became smart and disguised yourself?"

"It's my way of.....planning ahead."

Lacey shrugs. "Sure. Whatever."
I glance down at the cast. "How is it holding up?" Lacey says nothing. she just gives me a dirty look. I sigh. "You know I didn't mean to do that. And it wasn't-"

"Save it. And I haven't had any luck with the doctors yet. My mom's trying everything she can to find a good professional. But so far...I might never be able to use my hand again."

I shake my hesd. "I'm sorry....."

"Oh sure. Say that now...." Lacey then groans. "I might as well be worse, after your business partners decided to play-"

"Hey dont blame me, I didn't have anything to do with that. And Brock? He has a weird sense of humor where he does stuff like that. Especially when he's with Tabitha."

"Doesn't matter. I don't care if one of them is doing crap to impress a friend or get a boner out of their spouse. Bottom line, they're psychos."

I nod. "Yeah. They are."

Lacey then approaches me closer. "And so are you."

My eyes widen and I opened my mouth. "No. No no no no! No, don't even think about it. I won't have any of it from you."

She then pokes her finger at my turtleneck. "Now you may have fooled everyone into falling for your transformation, but you and I both know that the Phoenix side of your life..... it's always going to follow you around."

"I know that. And you know what? I'm tired of pretending that it won't. And I'd rather make peace with it now before I lose anything else from my friends, or even myself along the way."

"But yet here you are. Still dead to your family, and your friend and your partners." I then look to her, slightly offended. "So what are you doing here, when you already had a safe place with loved ones? I always tell people that it's bullshit to think you could ever replace the people who biolo-"

"Stop it. Right now," I quietly asserted. "You are not gonna make me fall for that, and you have no right to tell me that. Because now I feel like I do have a family."

"Yeah. Because just like you steal other people's partners, you earned another family by stealing it from another."

"I didn't steal any of them. You were the one attacking me and msde Every one tense. Like you kept saying, all of this, is what you've done to yourself."

"What did you just say?!" Lacey growled. Then she oins me against the wall. "Oh you wanna see what I do to myself now-?!"

"Hey hey hey!" Madison shouted, rushing over to pull Lacey away from me. "Lacey not now."
Theresa stands behind her as well.

"Oh dont worry, Mads. By the time we're done, this filthy cu-"

Madison then shoves her back. "No way! We already know that she's leaving with Albert tomorrow, so there's no reason that we can't put this hate boner with Cheyenne behind you for just one night!"

Lacey squints her eyes. "Behind me?" Both Madison and Theresa stare into her eyes. "You guys too? Have you forgotten what she did? Madison you said that she allowed your boyfriend to be-!"

"Lace?!" Madison then stands tall, feeling triggered. "Don't start with me...."

"You start this defense on her, and you're telling her that she can get away with his death. Get away with all of her other shit, including my arm!" Lacey said. "She needs to pay for crossing us like that!"

"And what you just said.......which part of that makes you sound any better than Angela? Or the others she worked with?" Theresa softly asked. Lacey turned to her shocked. "Liana said that Albert gave you guys that whole speech about doing unto others. That's why we're here tonight, so lets focus on that."

Lacey then squints at them. "What the hell? Even you two are taking her side now? That's not cool!"

"And neither is whatever we've been doing to her," Madison said, glancing at me. "We've done enough, and she finally struck back. So maybe then we should just move on..."

Madison walks away, and Theresa follows her. "It was getting old anyway."

I then watch them walk off, when I smile. Looks like I really did win them over. "Well ain't that something. Looks like forgiveness wins in the end."

I try to walk away, but Lacey still holds me against the wall. "Pfft. Yeah right. You might have them fooled with your so-called, transformation. But you can't fool me."

"Good. Because I ain't trying to fool anyone. And I'm getting sick of caring about what others think about me all because of my past!" I said gently pushing her back.
"I'm tired of letting my enemies and my haters define my life. I know who I am to someone else. And that's all I need to know."

"Yeah, you know it alright. When it comes to Taylor, or Johnson and his pals, you're nothing but a tick who's hiding under their ballsacks. You're a leech who's hiding on their backs. All the while they carry you around, not even relaxing that you're sucking out their blood like a parasite. Just to survive. You're a GODDAMN freeloading mooching parasite. Nothing more...."

"You're right. That's exactly who I WAS...." I shake my head. "Look, I don't need this, and I don't want it. I'm just here to enjoy the last night I have here. So why can't you and I just agree to let this pass, and why can't you just leave me alone already?"

Lacey stands in front of my face. "That ain't ever gonna happen. And you know why."

"Yeah. Because you and Liana are the ones who choose to keep holding onto the past. It's No better than-"

"Because you did everything and made it public......so you're always going to be looking over your shoulder. Not looking at your past. But being fearful of the future that's coming, because its gonna bring you the consequences that you've long deserved. Only this time.....it's putting all of us at risk."

Madison comes back over to us. "Lacey elts go."

"As if I'm gonna let this-"

Madison grasp onto her shoulders. "I don't think triggering anything out of her again is an interest for any of us. Not again. We didn't come here for triggers, we came here to have some fun and support our friend who invited us in the first place." She lets go. "Now if you're done, let's hurry up and pick our seats."

Lacey turns to me and sneers. "Just one last thing. I don't know what kind of trouble you're trying to stir up, or why the others are getting involved.....but if anything happens to your 'friends?'" She snarls. "Then the only difference between my condition and yours, is that the doctors won't be able to fix what I'm gonna do to you..."

I squint in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

Lacey snickers. "Acting like you don't know what you've done. Classic move..." She then walks off. "Oh and.....news flash. I only need one hand to gasp you out."

I then turn around to face her back. "And to think I was gonna share with you, someone who could help your hand back to normal. But I guess you're already content with keeping it busted." She looks back at me confused. "You have faith as well. Do you not? Don't you believe that you'll get better? That you can heal, or receive miraculous healing?"

Lacey glances to the side. "I'd say that you're a fucking braindead cunt for assuming anything about my beliefs.......but, if I'm being honest? I don't even know what my own beliefs are. And I certainly won't let someone so troublesome like you lecture me about it."
Finally she walks away.

I shake my head and groan after she's out of sight. "Why am I not surprised? But seriously. what do I have to do to show them that I've changed?" I thought to myself.
Then I speak out loud. "And- And seriously, do I REALLY look like someone who WANTS to cause trouble?!!"

"Who? You, Cheyenne?" a girl's voice spoke out. "No, you always look perfectly normal to me."

I then sigh with relief and turn around. "Aww, well thank you. That really means-"
But then, I find that the person talking is Sierra, one of the worship singers from the Fresno campers, the one who's blind. I narrow my eyes down. "Hey...!"

Sierra chuckles to herself. "Good to see you again. Oh, umm...?"

I scoff. "Why do you have to do that?"

Sierra chuckles and shakes her head. "Sorry. Couldn't resist."

"Umm, are you lost?"

"What makes you say that?" Sierra shrugs. "I mean, I kinda. Guess I made the wrong turn after the door. Uh, are the bathrooms close to this spot?"

"Yeah. Why, do you need to go?"

"No, but my friend Jennifer is there and so, we might as well help each other find out way in."

I then squint. "Wait. Isn't Jennifer, that one girl who stood on stage with your worship team, translating ASL?"

"Yup. As soon as we found out she wouldn't be the only deaf person on campus anymore, we knew she would be a perfect addition."

"Sure. A.....worship team with s blind singer and a deaf singer....and the blind one is leading the deaf girl inside?"

Sierra then grins. "You know, I don't need working eyes to know that you're squinting at me." I then groan and shake my head. "And now you're shaking your head sideways."

"H- How did you know that?!"

"I didn't. But now I do!" she teased.

I then roll my eyes. "Okay, you got me. But um......"

Sierra then broadens her smile into a curious expression. "Is this something you can't finish?"

I then sigh. "I- I have a couple questions. It's something I've been wondering about for a while and, I might as well keep you company until she steps out, yeah?"

"Hmm. I'm listening."

"Were you born this way? Or was your blindness caused by.....something else?"

She sighs. "I was born with it. My mother grew blind during an eclipse and, she thinks she spread that to me. I'm not entirely sure if I agree with her on that, though."

"Just.....you believe in all this, that there's a potential god who created our universe and is perfect. He can do anything, and yet he creates people like you, who are born blind, or deaf like Jennifer, or, we even have a kid coming tonight who was born with one arm. Doesn't it bother you that God would create you with such a major disadvantage in life?"

"A disadvantage?" Sierra then chuckles. "Cheyenne? Being blind is one of my biggest blessings from God."

"What do you mean?"

"Growing up as a kid, everyone would tell me about the stuff they'd see on TV, or in their personal lives, and all.of that....just makes the world sound like an ugly place. And overall.....I'd rather stay in the dark and live joyfully, then step into the light with open eyes and live fearfully," Sierra said.

"But yet, you can't even read any scriptures. You, have a promise ring, so you're seeing someone but you can't even see his face. I just-" then I shske my head and think this through. "Let me pause for a moment?"

"Of course."

I think it through, and I ask out. "You believe in those miracles, yes? That Jesus healed men who were born blind, and gsve them eyesight?" Sierra slowly nods her head. "So......have you ever tried asking God to heal you just like that? I- I'm not gonna say sorry because he failed if you did ask, but I just-"

"I've never asked," Sierra calmly said. "Not even once since I became a Christian."

I squint. "Why haven't you?"

"Because I just....... I believe that if I ask Him, that he would heal my blindness. But I just don't know if it would be right for me to do so. Because......I'm pretty sure God already knows about it, so it's not like he'll be surprised if I confess to him about it," Sierra said before we snicker. "But, I feel like I might come off as ungrateful. For being upset and whining about this one thing that I don't have, rather than appreciating what God has already given me."

"Why do you feel that way?"

"I don't know. But, when I came to Christ, I was having a lot of struggles in middle school. And it was having that....faith that I belonged to God, that I felt encouraged to endure what I was going through. And I worked my way through all of the obstacles I had from not being able to see. Being blind is one of my secret teachers for challenges in life. And I just supposed to, act like my struggles meant nothing if I could just pray for myself to see?"

I shrug. "I mean.....I guess I see where you're coming from. Sort of?"

"And yes I can't read. But I have audiobooks, and my father was a pastor, so he always read them to me. I may not be able to read, or watch TV, but also.... I don't ever get uncomfortable by TV violence, and I met complain about what we watch visually. I haven't been able to chase after guys because they look hot Or whatever, and I can't be tempted by what others see, or who others see. So I can see them exactly how God sees them, by knowing who they are on the inside. By their hearts rather than their charming, enticing faces." She then smirks. "I mean isn't that what you were wanting from most people? I can only imagine you look super radiant to be an adult star...."

My eyebrows rise up. "Wait a second, you-"

"I've heard talks.....and I've heard your voice before the campus, from videos in the background. But I'm not the only person from the college band who knows about that."

"And.....you never brought it up or even felt worried?"

"Well, do you believe that God could've had me be born blind for a reason?" Sierra asked.

I squint intently. "Maybe."

"Then who's to say he didn't allow you to live that life for a reason?" I lower my glance to the floor.
"You're probably thinking why we haven't had this conversation ages ago while we lived closer, eh?"

I snort and snicker. "I've been asking that question about a lot of things. And....I've spent a long time looking for answers."

Sierra nods her head. "Everyone is. Everyday. And we'll always be able to find the answers that we're looking for...." Then she grimaced. "Oh. Wait a minute-"

I burst out laughing. "Well, you can hear it when others find them for you."
Then I turn to the side and notice Jennifer approaching, in a yellow sweater and a
"Oh, speaking of hearing...."

Jennifer then waves at me with a smile, and pokes Sierra on her shoulder. "Ah. There you are. Um, is this where she can see them?" she asked raising her arms.

"Yeah, You're good."

Sierra then speaks through sign language (a little messy albeit):
'I got lost on the way in. The others are already inside. Care to help me find them?'
Jennifer then nods her head and locks arms with her. "Oh and, she may not be able to hear the music, or hear the preaching on her own. But she can read the words. And oftentimes she talks about how that's enough for her."

"And above all else," spoke their friend Andy, who was the leader for the players of the college band. He lays a hand on both of their shoulders. "When the two of you make it to Heaven, you'll enter the kingdom with new bodies. New eyes to see the glory, and new ears to hear his praises."

I then grin. "Were you snooping on us?"
"Yeah I was about to ask."

"Albert reserved a spot up front for you two, so I just remembered and thought I'd point you there," he said. "But it seems like you already found good company before you could get lost. Even though you wouldn't have recognized her with that new hair."

"Oh brother."

I then smile. "It's....good to see you guys again."

"You too kid. And you look infinitely better compared to last time too. I'd rather choose to not ask why and just praise God for the joy we're about to experience."

"Haha. Have fun with that!"

Andy then walks away with the two girls and leads then to a row beside the wall. "Okay, keep going forward until you feel no other chairs in front."

"Okay, got it."

I smile and roll around as more people start rolling inside.
Even some of Albert's relatives, the latter of whom I only saw once or twice briefly at certain family events, are starting to venture in.

The taller of the three silently walks past me, waving his camera. If I recall right despite his appearance, he is Jillians younger brother, Jason.

The shorter two glance at me. "Oh hey, it's the mystery tenet," joked Lucas Hopkins, who steps in with his younger brother Logan.

"Pfft. Hey twerps."
That's the only thing I remember about these two. But we did it as a teasing game."

"Hmm. Guess we'll sit next to her and Colton," Logan suggested.

"Good idea!" They then take a selfie on their phones.

Until their phones are slapped out of their hands to the floor by Hunter, one of Sean's former friends. Hunter scoffs as he walks past. "Sorry. Force of habit."
He enters the Sanctuary with most if the other guys who were on the same team as him and Sean. The only ones I really recognize are Najee and Scott.

Lucss picks up their phones and shrugs. "Good thing we just bought the new phone cases."

"And the screen covers."

Albert then steps past them to see me. "Hey. Aren't you gonna find your seat? You better hurry because we're filling up."

"You didn't tell me that you invited Lacey. Or, the guys from Sean's team."

"What? Lacey and I have our moments and memories. And you remember right? Hunter, Najee, Scott are three of the reasons that Sean himself didn't kill us."

"Well yeah, but-"

"And besides, the guys were already here for the reunion. This is our last night in this state before we start a new life. Like I said before, we might as well make peace with some of our enemies before we make.....new ones?"

"And are you.....happy that some of them are here?"

Before Albert can speak, I hear a scoffing cough from behind me. "Um, excuse me?"

"Hmm?"

I see a blonde woman and a tattooed pale white emo looking girl beside her. She's looking at me, almost offended. "Albrrt who told you you could invite people who challenge my beauty? The top face of Freelance Modeling doesn't appreciate this?"

"Shameful, Johnson. Shameful."

"Un, excuse me, but I don't recall-:

"Hmph!" They turn their heads with shut eyes and walk away.

Albert sighs with annoyance on his face. "I was about to say, I have no way of stopping a few of those people from being here."

"Who the heck was that? And why was she such a stereotypical diva mean girl?"

"Oh don't mind them. That was Cassie and Nikki. They're l rich chicks who thought themselves high and mighty over us, maybe now more than ever since Cassie is a model now in Santa Barbara."

"Tch. A challenge to my beauty? Who says stuff like that anymore?"

"Somebody who's got nothing on you."

I turn to him and smile. "Well, thanks. But, why is she coming in here?"

"Oh she's probably wondering if she'll see any cute guys in thr band thats before us."

"Really? Geez how many people are coming out bete tonight?"

"I feel like, I outta be asking that," spoke a voice from behind us. We see my old roommates, Sara and Gennifer. Sara folds her arms at Albert. "I'm not even sure if we've exchanged more than a dozen words together, Albert."

"And your point is?" Albert said with a grin. "Well, I'm not the only one who's having a farewell tonight. Like I said, this is dedicated to you as well."

"I.....I guess."

"Well, I think Colton just arrived. So, I'll ask him to save a seat for you and Vee." He pats me on the back and steps away.

I nervously approach the two of them. And awkwardly. "You two look well tonight."

"Uh, thanks. So do you, actually."

"Although your hair is so distracting."

"Yeah? That's new."

"You holding up okay? After you dropped out when you were almost there?" Sara then shrugs. "Oh I'm sorry, that's what I've been told. Along with the fact that you, Reese, Oscar-"

"Sara?" Gennifer grabs her shoulder. "Now's not the time for that."

"I agree," Susan said stepping behind them, much to the surprise of all of us.
"Is there a problem with you three?"

Sara glances at the floor, since she and Susan don't have s peaceful history. "No. We were just- going."

She and Gennifer walk away. She then whispers to me. "It's good to see you again."

I smile. "You too."
After our talk about her attraction for me, she free distant and mostly avoided me until she graduated that year. But she looks like she's grown from that.
I then turn to Susan....who isn't wearing the overuse of makeup the she normally does, and plain simple clothes. "Woe. Barely even recognized you."

"And yet look who's talking, Katy Perry."

"Hey ill take that any day." We giggle and embrace briefly. "What are you doing here?"

"You said I should start fresh, find real faith. I was wondering how to do that, under Albert sent me a link for this." Susan then closes her eyes. "I don't remember any memories with me and him but, I appreciate feeling wanted here." She shakes her head. "So, I heard that you're going with him?"

I sigh. "Yup. Apparently New York city has a job opening for dead internet models."

"I'm glad that you are." She then smiles brightly at me. "Trust me, there's a lot more people over there who are gonna need to meet you on their rooftops..... And whoever or whatever this.... God molds you into, I'm always gonna be the first one that you saved." She sniffles at me. "You'll remember that, right...?"

I look at her emotionally, and the smile on her face is almost making me burst into tears.
"How could I forget? So.....you're a believer now?"

Susan sighs. "I don't know if I'm there yet. But, I believe I heard something from Him so, I'm giving it another shot. See where things go with me and Him."
She then looks into the room and sees Albert hooking up his equipment on the stage. "Here we are. A pornstar and a slutty, bankrupt bitch of a single mom, stepping into a Christian party."

I shrug and grin. "Would you believe that this isn't the strangest thing I've seen this week?"

"Well then you're raising the bar for my expectations." Susan said. Then she waves her hand to the door. "Shall we?"
I nod and enter the Sanctuary with her.

Well this is already more surprising than I thought. Looking even more surprising. Seeing so many of the people I've met the past few years of.all different backgrounds and mindsets all in one place together.
And honestly, I feel a little upset that I'm leaving tomorrow. Because now I have formed actual friendships with some of these people.

As I step away, Wes, Johnathan and Mitch are hyperly speaking amongst each other as they pace down the hall.
"No, I'm serious! Isaac says that we're up to 500 people right now!"

"Well if people keep showing up like this, it'll have 600 by the time we start this party. Maybe even more than that," Johnathan said.

Mitch stutters and shakes his head. "What is even happening right now? I- I don't know! What are we a part of tonight?!"

"How should we know? We're the ones who help set up and schedule, Albert's the one who's gonna run the show."

"Still, we're gonna end up running out of folding chairs soon. Samuel and I have already checked all the closets," Wes hurried.

"Well weve got enough tables for double this current size. But I'm not sure we're gonna have enough chairs if it ends up past 500."

"Should we even tell them?" Mitch asked. "It might be good if he tells us

"Look we'll be fine," Johnathan encouraged. "Just, do me a favor and make sure the wires are set up."

Mitch snickers. "Sure thing. Hey Duncan!" Mitch jogs off.

Wes taps John on the shoulder. "I'm starting to think this is s little but overkill for what's secretly in store."

He sighs. "Maybe a little bit."

"What is?" Albert asked from behind.

Johnathan sighs. "We're just thinking, isn't thos too many people for the showdown? Isaac says we're looking at a full house with the seats."

"Well yeah but not everyone is gonna be sticking around. Even if half of this crowd crowd after the band is done, it'll still be enough to handle the group of a hundred Conquerors."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. We aren't gonna be so gung-ho about the whole outca-"
Suddenly, something starts tugging on Albert's leg from behind.
"Oh, uh I'm sorry, we're kind of in the middle of something right now and-?"

"Ahh blabba goo."

Then Albert turns around and finds a toddler pulling on his leg. "Oh? Hey little dude. Where did you come from?"

Wes folds his arms and snickers. "Sorry but I don't think we have any seats for a kid your size."

"More importantly-!" Johnathan said before lifting the toddler off thr ground. "Your mom should really teach you not to run up to strangers."

The kid giggles and lays a hand on Johnathan's cheek. "Dada...?"

"Oh? Well then, hahaha, I guess your mom has q fine taste in men!"

"What?!" Wes said with a snicker.

Albert snorts. "Oh brother...!"
But then.....

"You're one to talk."

Johnathan, Albert and Wes turn around to see a young woman in a green tank top, a ribbon on her chest, a camouflage hat with matching pants, piercing dark blue eyes and her black hair is wrapped into a ponytail.

She stomps down her feet together and salutes. "Lieutenant Colonel Earheardt-Frymoyer reporting for duty, SIR!!" She diverts her eyes to Johnathan alone, who grins and chuckles in response. And the girl does the same. "I never get tired of saying that. Especially now that it's.....updated."

Johnathan looks surprised. "Amelia... I.....I thought you weren't coming in until tomorrow."

"That was the plan. That is, until I got a little invitation from your little friends to come here."

"That uh....was me. Wait so...you're Johnathan's wife?" Albert asked. She nods. Then I look to the kid. "So then, this....is....?"

Amelia smiles ornerily. "Figured it out yet?"

Johnathan is taken aback, as he takes another look at the child's face. He chuckles and smiles dearly.

"The godchild!" Wes exclaimed. Albert and Johnathan laugh. Wes snickers.

Albert widens his eyes. "Oookay, we'll catch you in a bit," I said before slapping John on the shoulder, stepping away, dragging Wes into the Sanctuary with me.

Amelia then smiles. "I only brought him so he could see you real quick. I don't think he needs to spend time with your bozo friends yet."

Johnathan scoffs. "For once, I completely agree." Johnathan approaches Amelia, and pulls her in before he kisses her. He snickers. "You know, I was starting to wonder whether you were even gonna show up at all. Thinking maybe you changed your mind about me."

"Before maybe. But....you know how committed I can be.

Amelia closes her eyes and nods with a light smile. "He's good... Better than I could've asked for." Then when she opens her eyes back up, she puts on a
"Which makes me worried that Little John is gonna be spoiled after tonight."

"Little John?"

Amelia shrugs. "Well, I thought it would be a better name than Cornelius, which is what the foster family named him."

Johnathan cringes. "Oh god..."

You always said that you preferred things simple. Right?"
Johnathan snorts and shakes his head. "You're full of color, imagination, and chaos. While I am solid, wise, and stable. Intertwined, and we balance each other out. Just like he'll do to you...."

Johnathan smiles emotionally. "Can't wait..... Oh and, speaking of balance, your brother and I are pulling something off tonight. We've got room for one more..."

Amelia scoffs. "I was afraid that you were gonna say that."

"C'mon, it'll be fun. And you did offer to be a queen to the king of pranks...." Amelia rolls her eyes and sighs nervously. "Cmon, Mitch will show you what to do."

While Albert and Wrs are sitting in the corner checking off a list. Albert chuckles to himself. "Wow. Don't tell Johnny but that girl is way to pretty for him."

Wes wheezes. "Thank you! Hard for me to believe he met a girl like her overseas."

"And had a child and got married before any of us."

"Yeah well, we'll get there someday. As tough as it is having to wait to find a fair maiden."

"It'll be worth it. Knowing you, you're a catch."

"Same with you. I mean I'd go out with you if I could."

"And you had to make this weird?"

"Can't help it. You know how it is. I gotta speak whats first in my mind before I go to a dark space again."

"God forbid you look any more dark," Albert teased.

Wes rolls his eyes. "I walked right into that one, didn't I?"

I chuckle in response. Then, I get a text on my phone. "Oh yes..! Finally...!"

"What is it?"

"Oh uh, I'll be right back!"

I hurry outside, and sneak over to the back alley. Since for some reason that's where the text said to meet them.
Although, at least two minutes go by with me waiting. This is odd.

Uh oh. This wasn't a trap was it? Angela did try to ambush these guys. What if they-?

"Psst! Hey, Albert!"

"Huh?"

"Over here!"

I follow someone's voice down the alley.
And when I reach the corner, I'm able to see Elijah. "Hey."

"You texted me saying meet you between the alley?"

"Did I? I meant to say behind the alley. Ugh, stupid autocorrect again, I really gotta get this phone fixed. Anyways, we're not too late are we?"

"No, of course not. Why would you say that?"

"How could be not? Look at all these cars!"

"Yeah I know the estimated guess you mentioned but I didnt think theyd all be here at once. and in such a smaller location."

"This used to be a school. There's a lot more room inside than you would think."

"Uhhhh....who are you?" another man spoke.
Behind him are Drew, Billy, Skyler, Devon, Freddie, Nathan, Zoey and Gracie.

"Ahh. The rest of the band has arrived."

"Well, some of it. The others are parked about a block from here, getting dressed up."

"Dressed up?"

Elijah snickers. "You'll see."

Teenton then turns around. "Oh! Guys, this is Albert Johnson, the one who asked us to be here."

Two guys glance at each other and point to him. "That guy?"

"Are you for real?"

"Is, there a problem?"

"We.....We've heard quite a bit about you."

"Oh yes. Words have been travelling fast."

"Well, we thought you'd be.....Sort of....?" One of them trailed off.

Albert shrugs. "Crazier looking?"

"More stoic looking?"

"Ahhh."

"Hearing someone threatened, and spoke up against the PCs and challenging them, most of us expected a more confident compotent looking individual, much less.....this."

"Billy...!"

"No no, I'm not offended," I chuckled. "In fact, is this not how the Jews thought when Jesus didnt look like a warrior?"

"Well....yeah but, this isnt what I expected at all when I heard someone had Angela enraged."

I shrug with a grin. "Glad I could disappoint you."

"Not as much as they're gonna be by the time we're done with those clowns," Drew said

"Let's....not worry about that right now," I said. "For now, let me introduce-"

"Oh no no no@"

I turn to him confused. "What?"

"Well, I told you before that, we like to make our entrances a surprise, right?"

"Yeahhh....?"

"So just, tell us where we need to go. Then get back inside, and we'll be there when it's quarter til 7."

I squint my eyes. "What are you guys gonna do?"

Trenton snickers. "You'll see."

So a while later, Albert comes back to the Sanctuary where, we literally have everyone sitting around. I swear to God there are at least 700 people in this room. Which is shocking since, the most I've seen in here was less than 200. All of the people who showed up to the reunion are here, all of the current youth group members, then older youth members, then people we've known from the college and various relatives.
But I'm in the middle of the rows of seats sitting beside Venus, Colton, and the two cousins Lucas and Logan.

Curtis, Vinnie, Wes Johnathan, Mark and the rest of the worship team is sitting around the front while Albert makes his way to the stage.
"Oh. Oh wow. I didnt think we'd have this many people tonight. I'm guessing it was the free food?" Everybody chuckles.

Albert smiles. "No but really, thanks to everyone for coming out tonight, both for our 2014 high school reunion, and for this very special youth service on behalf of Pastor Curtis Taylor here, thank you again for letting us borrow the building tonight. And, it feels so wild seeing all of your faces again, and all in one room. And...as most of uou guys may know, uh....this is in fact, my last night here in California with all of you. And the crowd cheers with joy, he's finally going away!" He joked, which brought laughter again. "Yesh to those of you who aren't aware, I've just been offered an....incredible opportunity to move to New York where, as a few of you from Fresno might recall, a friend named James has invited me to be part of his family's upcoming mega church as the Youth Leader."

"Yeah JAMES!!"
"WOO!!"

Albert chuckles. "Yes I am beyond excited, and yet, a little sad that I'll be saying goodbye to so many of your lovely faces tonight-"

"Where's the Band!" Cassie shouted.

Albert shakes his head. "I was getting to that. Don't make me put you in time out little girl!" The whole room laughs while Cassie scowls in annoyance. This, actually makes me giggle a little bit. "But yes, like she said, before we let our high school friends depart from here tonight, we have some special entertainment saved for last."

"Now, as you all may remember. Our class president Maddie Bix had a bit of a bad habit of dropping tasks to people at the last minute." Half of the people here chuckle in response. "Like how I was asked by her to find new musical entertainment after our friends Noah and Bret came down with sore throats. Love you both, and I'm sorry."
Two people raise their hands and wave to the crowd.

"Now, I know they're not....really I'm sight at the moment," he said searching around the room. "But I did manage to find a musical group pretty early, and they agreed to come here. And so, many of you might not be too familiar with these guys but I think you're all gonna be very happy to meet-"

Then all of a sudden, the lights flash off. And the whole room goes dark. The girls in the room scream while the guys holler out in confusion.

Curtis speaks out. "Uh, Albert, what is this?"
And that's when I can briefly hear doors creaking open.

I can hear Albert try to speak into the mic but it's off. So instead he just speaks out loud. "I'm not entirely sure. We don't usually have power black outs at this ti- OH?! WHAT THE-?!! HEY!!"
Then we start to hear muffled grunting.

"Albert? Albert?!
"AJ?!
"Albert!"
"Dude?!"

Then, a red flare is lit up at the altar, and there is some guy in a black ninja suit holding onto Albert, much to his shock.

"Whoa, Albert-? WHOA!!!"
And then, more glowing red lights (from what I think are meant to be replicas of Sith lightsabers) start lighting up around the room, and more of these black ninja suited people emerge and jumpscare various people in the audience.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD?!!" Wes shouted
"Order 66?!" JT hollered.
"SHIT!!" Hunter shouted as a ninja grabbed his shoulder.
"Holy Crap!" Jason yelled in shock.
"What the- WHERE DID THESE GUYS COME FROM?!!" Cassie shouted.

"I-I- I DONT KNOW!!" Albert shouted. Mark and Curtis try to rush up to Albert but two ninjas point their glowing swords at them and they step away. These figures begin to move toward the altar, some of them even flipping over seats, quite literally going over our heads, and they begin to circle in on Albert!

Then the back door on the stage opens up and there's a giant blue light flashing inside. The ninjas all turn around. "Huh?"
A Microphone is being turned on and tapped.
Then something begins to play over the speakers. A song that lowly utters out.
"We stand. We rise. We give. Our lives."

Then, lights begin flashing from the walls to brighten the room more and we can see that there are TWELVE Ninjas, and all of them are turned around for us to see that they have something written on them: RAPE, PERSECUTION, MOLESTATION, SLANDER, ASSAULT, ABUSE, ENMITY, EXPLOIT, HARASSMENT, MANIPULATION, VANDALISM and BULLYING.

And then, a very familiar voice shouts out:
"LIONHEART!!!!"

Then the front doors to the Sanctuary fly open, and we all turn our heads around where we see two lines of people jogging inside, running down in-between the middle rows of seats. All of whom are chanting out LionHeart. And, it's the youth group from Reno!

While it has been 4 years since seeing all of these people, I actually DO recognize most of them. The people I recognize are Drew, Trenton, Devon. Billy, Skyler, Zoey, Freddie, Carlos, Gia, Riley, Craig, Dakota, Karen, Aliyah, Jessica, Calysta, Zig and Max. There are 4 other kids among this group, Luke, Mika, Shun and Joel who I remember being in grade school before I left home, but there are two people who I don't recognize at all, a hefty black man and a tomboyish looking girl.
Nathan and Gracie.

Albert sees this, and begins to snicker to himself.
And as the music continues playing, the kids begin to surround these ninjas in a circle.

Then a stage light flashes onto the stage and we see a figure standing at the center in shadows!
"We stand up! We rise up! To give our lives a purpose!"
"This burden, this passion! To burn a lifetime for YOU!!!" Then we see that it's Elijah on the stage, who leaps off of the stage and dropkicks the ninja holding onto Albert. He gets released and Elijah clutches onto him and moves over to lay him down in a spare seat at the front before rejoining his group, who surround the ninjas huddled up in a circle.

Then the chorus of a song begins to play while the 25 LionHeart kids proceed to fight off the 12 ninjas with…..surprisingly displays of martial arts.
Savior, send your
Presence to this dying world
We needed
To breathe it
So come and release
Your fire again.

At the very end they all take them down. Trenton kicks one over, Drew judo flips one down, Skyler spin kicks one knocking into another one who Billy punches over, Devon suplexes one down, Zoey sweeps one down by the leg, Freddie punches one down, and then Elijah backflips kicks one of then before wrapping his legs around his head and flipping him over.

As soon as the ninjas are all lying down, Devon runs up the stage and starts setting up what looks like a DJ stand on Samuel's platform. And Elijah steps up onto the stage.
"Alright, Let's go!"

And then Elijah begins to sing a Linkin Park song, rapping at the start.
Nah, you don't know me
Lightning above and a fire below me
You cannot catch me, cannot hold me
You cannot stop, much less control me
When it rains, it pours
When the floodgates open, brace your shores
That pressure don't care when it breaks your doors
Say it's all you can take, better take some more

(oh, oh)
'Cause I know what it's like to test fate
Had my shoulders pressed with that weight
Stood up strong in spite of that hate
(oh, oh)
A night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you, makes you more strong
And I've been waiting for it so long

Then he raises his hand up and singsput. .
🎵 All The nights go on
Waiting for a light that never comes
I chase the sun
Waiting for a light that never comes

While he sings, various youth members go sprinting up onto the stage.
Elijah stays at the center front of the stage with Drew and Freddie grabbing Mark and Phoebe's mics. Trenton goes picking up Albert's silver stratocaster guitar. Billy grabs Isaac's guitar, Skyler runs behind Vinnie's keyboard, Zoey goes to Miranda's piano, Carlos goes to the drum kit and two of the people I don't recognize are going to Mason's bass and Felicia's percussion set.
The rest of them scatter around the altar, some of them setting up other mic stands. They're all setup and playing. and Elijah raises his hand. "C'mon get up on your feet and let's get this started!"
The new lights go out.

The others on stage with him begin playing along.
Oh, Oh
Oh Waiting for a light that never comes

They begin jumping on the stage along to a beat. And then Elijah begins to rap again.
🎵 When I was young, they told me, they said
Make your bed, you lie in that bed
A king can only reign 'til instead
There comes that day it's "off with his head"

The night gets darkest right before dawn
What don't kill you makes you more strong
You'll have my mercy then when you're gone

And then as Elijah sings again, another flash of light fills the room. After that, the ninjas all sprawl around the altar floor, then jump up to their feet where they remove their Ninja outfits and reveal themselves. Once again, I only recognize four of them, Mary-Anne, Penelope, Logan and Tim, because they were also too young to be youth members before I last saw them. In fact one of them, Mary-Anne, was the lead singer for the last kids' play I led before leaving Reno.
I don't recognize any of the other Ninjas. Although one of their faces reminds me of Dave Chat-Williams, this one karate guy I used to go out with, until my parents thought he was too violent so we broke it off.

It IS him, hahaha!

The nights go on
Waiting for a light that never comes
I chase the sun
Waiting for a light that never comes

But yeah, the now unmasked ninjas begin to stand with the rest of the kids on the altar as they do karate inspired choreography while Elijah and the others sing and play.

Oh, Oh
Oh Waiting for a light that never comes!
“Alright here we go!”
They then begin to run through brief covers of various songs. Usually one verse and a chorus, and each one is sung by a different person. And all this time, everyone else on the ground is dancing in sync with karate moves and actual dance moves. Elijah later picks up Mark's acoustic guitar and strums through most of the following songs.

Drew and Nathan- Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. (Which is quite surprising because, Drew was always the serious athletic star of his school. And, I never would've expected him to dance as GOOD as he is, and rapping so fast to the point that he should be losing breath during some of his sharp movements. And this other big black kid, he's surprisingly fast for his massive size, rushing up to Drew to take his mic and moving around the stage waving his hand around.)

Freddie- Back in the Game by Airbourne. (Which, is very shocking to seeFreddie, someone i knew as one of the shyest, most strong silent typekids, so full of energy, rocking out, not caring that he's dancing in a way that jiggles his thick body, and singing like a true rockstar! With wails and growls in his voice! And Billy and trenton are rocking out like crazy on the guitars, heck all of them are jamming out rocking so hard that it seems impossible to think that these are the same kids who grew up in my strict church!)

Trenton- Let Her Go by Passenger. (Which I know Trenton has never been the best singer, but this song really seems to work for his vocals and everyone songs along with him. He definitely sings with emotion.)

Billy- Demons by Imagine Dragons. (Which, this sing definitely fits his new edgy bad boy style of appearance compared to how he looked like a homeless surfer kid 4 years ago despite how rich his family is. And it's crazy with how deep his voice sounds and how TALL he is now!)

Skyler- Animal by Maroon 5. (Which is funny because man Skyler looks like a total animal with his hair all grown out. In terms of who's on stage, he's the youngest next to Zoey, but he looks like the oldest. And he sure sings high now!)

Gracie- Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus. (Which my goodness, is this new girl a confident powerhouse. She's really full of passion and spunk and she honestly sings it better than Miley ever did, especially in how she holds out some of these notes)

Zoey- Brave by Sara Barallies. (which is very impressive to see, considering how badly Zoey used to struggle with stage fright, despite being very skillful on piano since she was little. So the song is quite fitting given that context)

Carlos- Paralyzed by Big Time Rush. (Which, this song sounds almost too fitting for his voice. And it's impressive that he's able to sing so stably with as hard as he's playing on those drums. And of course, he ends the song by slamming his head into a cymbal as an ending note. I'm surprised he didn't bring one of his 50 collected helmets tonight)

Dakota- Happy by Pharrell Williams. (Which of course he would sing this. Dakota was always one of those kids who you would never see him without a smile on his face, always looking happy. But he sure sounds like the gospel choir boy out of this team. Much like his choir family.)

Joel- A Sky full of Stars by Coldplay. (Which, even though I still recognize him now that he's older, I'm very surprised by his glow-up. He used to be very skinny and mercy looking.but now he's so tall, his hair is grown out, he looks more muscular and he looks good. And I can imagine by his soulful deep voice that the ladies must love him now)

Riley and Craig- Story of my Life by One Direction. (They're twins but it's interesting how one of them sounds higher in vocal and the other sounds lower. And much like Joel, Riley has grown out his hair and has glasses, which makes it easier to tell him apart from Craig)

Mary Anne- Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys. (Which, holy crap, Mary was always the best singer in out children's church productions, but her voice is just SO POWERFUL now!)

Gia- Here's to never growing up by Avril Lavine. (Which, this song is way too perfect to be singing in front of this youth group, and they're all into the lyrics. And, there was a moment where Gia was about ti shout the f-bomb in the verse, but Devon smacks something onto his Drum pad and we all hear a Censored bleep. And that made almost everyone laugh, me especially because she was the first Girl I ever heard to use words like that.)

Jessica- I knew You were Trouble by Taylor Swift. (Which is good to see that Jessica has never lost her fierce, sassy side. When I first met her as a kid, she had fierce body movements and a sassy tough demeanor, and it's only tenfold with her all grown up. And my gosh, does she look BEAUTIFUL now! Probably next to Stephanie being one of the girls who aged like wine. And I'm a little scared by how HIGH she's able to throw up her legs for kicks!)

Calysta- Titanium by Sia. (Which, much like Joel, she has had a major glow-up. She used to be very fat and was very low on seĺf-esteem as a result. But she's gotten a new figure and with it a newfound confidence)

Karen, Aliyah and Penelope- Bang Bang by Jesse J, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj. (They all take turns singing the individual parts. Karen starting off low, Aliyah singing higher and Penelope doing the rap and final high note. And it's something to see Karen and Aliyah performing together since, I remember they used to hate each other. But they're totally in sync. And little prep-school dancing Penelope rapping, is one of those things I never thought I needed to see so badly, but she really pulls it off)

They then stop the music when Elijah shoots up his arm into the air. “And hey? Since we are in a church after all, boys?!”

They begin to play a rock style song.
Drew sings the first verse, lowly.
Say His Name within the darkest hour
And see His light illuminate our path
The road is narrow but our gaze is set
On the love of Christ 'til the very end

Then Elijah sings the second part with him.
We walk in the truth that overcame our sin
Leaving our past and how we once had lived
Giving our lives to see
Your Name made known
'Cause the love of Christ is what the world needs most

So Lord
Lead us in the ways of Your love
To lead a broken world to Your cross
Lead us in the ways of Your love

We are Yours forever
Our lives won't be the same
Yours forever our eyes won't turn away
Yours forever

Then Freddie starts singing wirh a higher vocal range. And from here on, Elijah, Drew and Freddie sing together.
We sing Your praises 'til our lungs give out
To the hope of the world
The One who gave us life
Giving our lives to see
Your Name made known
'Cause the love of Christ is
What the world needs most

So Lord
Lead us in the ways of Your love
To lead a broken world to Your cross
Lead us in the ways of Your love

We are Yours forever
Our lives won't be the same
Yours forever our eyes won't turn away
We are Yours forever
Our lives won't be the same
Yours forever our eyes won't turn away
Yours forever our lives won't be the same
Yours forever our eyes won't turn away

Then Elijah stomps down and leans far back and let's out a very loud shriek that, I would expect to hear from someone like Aerosmith! Meanwhile everyone stops paling except Carlos on the drums and Billy who plays a few riffs.

Then they start playing and dancing snd kicking again. "YEAH!!"

Then he snaps pointing to Trenton who plays another brief guitar solo. Then there's a groovy little bass riff.

[Bridge] [2x]
We're living in the One who gave
His life to see our sin erased
We know, we know
Our hope is never gonna fade away

Elijah jumps onto the drum platform and leans in staring at the drummer as he sings it again.

And as he wraps that section up, he spins around doing flips before he leaps up into the air and does this, crazy flip where he spins in the air, sideways, like three times! As soon as he does that everybody gasps out loud.
And they sing the chorus again.

As they do it one more time, Drew and Freddie sing the verses while Elijah dies an impromptu rap.

"We are Yours oh Lord, in present future and past
For we know you're the only part of our lives that's gonna ever last
They might try to strike me down and shut off all the noise
But it's gonna take much more than than to full suppress my voice
I've got the roar of the Lion and the power of the pride
And I know I'll always count on you to be my daily guide
From the dangers of this world after school and after hours
Because with you I have turned avees to the Heavens Power!

Cuz we're YOURS! FOR! EVERRRRRRRR!
They finish off with Elijah, Drew and Freddie hollering out their last note into the mics as everyone gives out one more heavy chord.
The whole crowd jumps to their feet in massive applause. And the Lions all look around and smile.

Colton taps on my arm. "Holy heck, your guys are insane!"

"I- I didn't think they were THIS free lanced now, holy heck!"

Venus however is squinting hard to herself.
"Why are they here....?"

Elijah is taking a moment to fix his balance and catch his breath. "Sorry. Sometimes I forget to breathe and stand still." Laughter.
"And you know I'm sure a lot of you are jealous that we can move the way that we do." More laughter.

Then Elijah snaps his fingers and points ocer at me. "Say, Albert. Why dont you come up here man, cuz I've got some thing to say."

"Uh okay."
Albert steps up onto the stage, right in the center where Elijah and Drew are.
"You about to apologize for scaring the daylights out of us?"

"Nope, that was all free." Everyone Laughs. "But I wanted to say this. So.....for those of you who don't know, we're LionHeart, and we're all part of a church in Reno, Nevada and I'm the pastor to our Youth. And to be honest, I was sort of......pressured into becoming a youth pastor, after my long time best friend, suddenly didn't feel like pursuing his youth group anymore. So I know some of uou guys are probably thinking, 'what's the big deal, why are we congratulating you for having a job that's as simple as being a pastor for teenagers?' Let me tell you, it's not an easy feat. When I first got into it, it was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. I've had, stressful times assisting people with kids, and the thought of holding an entire group of them together and leading and teaching them, it scared me."

"But the kids here, they've held it together, with me. They've reminded me that, I don't have to do everything on my own, that we are just as part of the church and body of Christ as the adults, that just because we're younger, doesnt mean we don't understand important duties and priorities. And it's their hard work and our unity that has accomplished all that we have. And also, I know how hard it is to be faithful in times like these. Where the world is spinning itself around and we have all of these conflicts and people trying to persecute us." Then Elijah wrapsnhis arm around Albert. "And I'll tell you something, it's people like Albert here....Who always continue to inspire me. I haven't known this man for too long and I know he doesn't look like much, but ypu aren't gonna find too many people who have the same heart and faith and dedication that he has shown me. If there was any person who would be the roaring Lion of the 21st century, it'd be this guy."

"So we just wanna take this moment to say, thank you Albert for inviting us out here, and thanks for honoring God the way that you have. And really quick, before we all take off and give you back your stage, we've got a little video message for you. Care to roll the tapes, Devon?"

We look up at the front for a few seconds. With a pause of awkward silence as we wait. Then the lights turn off, and a video starts playing on monitors. It shows a man and a woman standing in front of an altar. A blonde bearded man, and a brown haired woman with green eyes.
And as soon as Cheyenne sees these two people, she covers her mouth with a gasp, and immediately gets misty eyed.

"Good evening, everybody. I'm Reverend David Mitchell, and this is my wife Sylvia Mitchell, and we're the pastors of the Roaring Church of Reno, Nevada. And we just wanted to take a few moments to share a quick word with you all."

Albert looks down to Curtis and the Amigos and they all smile and chuckle to each other, understanding who these people are.

"So as we have understood, some of you people are gathered for a young man who is venturing out to share the message at New York, after what I've heard has been a long period of frustrated waiting. Well, here's something that's important to remember. God knows which ones of us are waiting. And we may pray for things to come immediately, and feel frustrated when it doesn't come at the time. But the thing is, trusting in God also means to trust in his timing. None of us love to wait, even the figures kf the bible gave into impatience as well. But even Jesus said himself, things will be coming soon. And his timing doesn't match our own."

Sylvia then speaks up as well. "Yes and when things happen in our lives, whether it's miraculous or life threatening or....outright mysterious, we all act so quickly to look around for answers. To look for what our hearts are seeking. And sometimes it's easy for people to give up on them, to feel like God isn't listening and giving you what you want. But God is giving you what you seek. He's just giving it to you within His timing. God keeps his promises to those who wait and he's always listenint and looking out for you even when it feels like youve been neglected. Even if the world is coming down to punish you, even if there's a million obstacles getting in the way of what you're going after. All you have to do is trust in his timing, and when it comes, God will send what you need to move forward. Or whoever uou need to get you there."

"And its also important, that you don't act alone. People are willing to help if you reach out. I myself have had to learn this. And good deeds and strong bonds will come a long way. Good things are in store for those who wait and look out for others. God unites us together and it's important that you do the same. We thank you all for staying faithful. Stay blessed and have a wonderful celebration tonight, on behalf of our family to yours," David said before waving off. Then the Video ends and the lights come back on.

Albert takes a moment to process this, not just the message itself, but the encouragement from this other church, and my own family. Plus, deep down he knows that this message wasn't just meant for him.
"Wow. That...that was something. Thank you."

"You're very welcome. Well, I think our times' about up so I'll load my knuckleheads out of here and give you all back your platform."

Albert nods. "Well, let's give it up for Elijah and the Lions everybody!" Everyone applauds and Albert and Elijah shake hands and share a quick embrace. Albert then points down. "Vinnie, why don't you and the others come.up and realign our sound system. Then Wes and John, you two help you guys find your way."

Vinnie and the other worship team members come up stage as the Lions set down the borrowed instruments and Wes leads them out the back door. Albert helps Trenton set down his guitar.

"Thanks for not breaking this bad boy man."

"It's quite well made. I gotta get myself one of these."

Elijah takes time to shake the hands of the worship team.
"Thanks guys."

"Holy heck you guys are awesome!" Phoebe exclaimed.

"I can't believe you guys could do all that without skipping a beat," CJ said.

"Can't believe eyes," Samuel said.

"Thanks for coming out tonight," Mark said.

"Hey I'm always down to come put and support our brothers. And sisters," he said as he shakes Isaac's hand. Isaac squints confusion. "Don't look at me, you're the one who shaved your face and grew your hair as long as one."

"Haha, got em!" Mason cackled, slapping Isaac on the back as he shook his head groaning.

"Thanks for coming, everyone!" Wes said. "And don't forget your souvenir!" Johnathan comes up with a box full of clothes.

"Oh I'm not sure I can wear black," Trenton said.

"Why because of bad vibes or bad sunwaves?" Drew teased before picking up one and picking out a white one for Trenton.

"Surely it can't be any worse for the ninjas," Johnathan said.

"Or this dude who looks like he takes shirts off regularly!" Wes said looking at Devon.

Devon rolls his eyes and snickers. "My reputation proceeds me still."

"Bey Bebop and Rocksteady, you two can have these dandy mega T's," Wes said, glancing at Nathan and Freddie.

"Oh Ha ha ha!"

"And one for you. A pair for you two fine ladies. And uh, you?" Wes asked, looking over at Skyler. "Huh, I don't recognize you but wow! We're not afraid you'll steal our tithes, we're afraid you'll steal our women, look at this Lion's Mane! He's like Milo from track!" Skyler grins in amusement.

"Oh please, his hair flows more than Milo's!" Johnathan remarked.

Elijah then steps out last. "Oh cool! We get souvenirs!"

"That's it, John, no free stuff for Eli."

"Oh what did he do this time?" Freddie said.

"Got into adult trouble!" Wes exclaimed.

"Ohhhh ho ho ho!!!"
They all laugh and surround him.

Wes then snickers. "I'm just kidding, here you go brother."

Johnathan sets down the empty box. "It was good to see you again, kid!"

"Likewise! Nhoy the rest of your night! C'mon boys!" Then everyone runs down the hall.

Wes and Johnathan snicker and pat each other. "And they say we're too insane for church."

"I know man. You ready to get the costume on?"

"Oh you know it!"

As the Lions are all moving away, Cheyenne steps out into the hallway. "Hey wait. Wait."

Elijah turns around and gives off a soft smile and chuckle. "Well, youre lookint more sweet than before."

"What was that about? Why did you....?"

Elijah grins. "Just figured you should see that your parents are doing well, just like us. Show you that they're holding on strong for now while you're away."

"I dont.....i- I don't even...." Sigh. "Thank you... You...Those words...really, it was, definitely something I...needed to hear myself. After......so much...."

Elijah then lays a hand on my shoulder. "Well then....I guess even now, your family is still guiding you."

My eyes tear up with a soft smile on my face.

Then Curtis comes out.
"Hey Cheyenne. You don't wanna miss the next part do you?"

"I don't know Pastor Curtis."

Elijah then glances at him. "You're Curtis Taylor."

Curtis squints over. "Yes?"

Elijah smirks and approaches him. "I've heard quite a bit about you good sir."

Cheyenne walks off as Curtis shakes his hand. "So you have.'

Then Elijah leans up into his ear. "Do not worry sir. Trust that God will watch over you all."

Curtis squints even more. "What do you mean?"

Elijah leans away. "Just something I felt encouraged to share. Thanks for having us again," he said jogging off.

Curtis is confused but he shrugs and re-enters the room.

Albert's POV:
So I tap my mic and whistle out to the crowd. "Well, even I didn't expect it to get that crazy?" The crowd erupts with applause once more. "I mean I've done a few flips on stage for Jesus but I'm lucky to keep my back in one piece after one!"

"Yeahbyoure telling me," Mark added.

"Now now, there's nothing to be ashamed of by being the old man here."

"Hey!" Mark then grins. "Well, that's why we're all gonna give it our absolute best tonight. That's what you've done every single night. And they've raised the Bar for us!"

"So are we ready to do it once more?!"

Curtis then grabs a mic and runs up the stage. "I'm sure we are indeed. But, uh, before I hand this stage over to the man of the hour....for several of you here tonight, I have an announcement to make." Curtis then snaps his fingers above his head. "And to help me deliver this announcement, this man needs no introduction, but for most of you, he's gonna have one anyway. Mr. Travis O'Donnell, could you come up here for a second?"

"Absolutely," spoke a young man in the front.

Cheyenne squints. "Wait. Who's that guy?"

"Um, I believe that's the son of the senior pastor here," Colton said.

"Oh... Yay..." she spoke with flatness.

I'm also confused. "Curtis, what's going on here-?"

"Shh. Shh." Curtis steps to the side as Travis comes onto the stage. Travis takes a Mic, and comes standing next to Curtis. "Mr. Travis, would you care to share the announcement?"

"Yes I would Mr. Taylor. First of all, we are honored to welcome back our 2016 class into this building which makes this an even more fitting time to announce this. It was members of your class many years ago who helped this man start his new faith and fellowship club among the schools and all these years later, my father, Senior Pastor Thomas O'Donnell has given him this building to let his ministry continue to grow. And with that one little gift, Curtis has continued to give many more blessings onto me and my family, as well as our church and our community."

"Well, it's time for us to give something else, and really- I feel like this is quite ironic given the reason for why some of us are all here. But uh, after many talks between my father and Mr. Taylor over the last two months, and after much thinking and prayer, my father, Thomas O'Donnell, has decided.....that it is time for him to step down as Senior pastor for the Divinity Church. And he has chosen Curtis Taylor to take his place, as senior pastor."

A lot of our eyes widen and a good majority of the room erupts in applause hollering.

"Alright!!"
"WAY TO GO CURT!!"
"WOO!!!"

Curtis waves his hand around I'm am attempt.to hush us up, which takes a moment or two.

Travis chuckles. "Yee, very exciting indeed. It may not be a secret that Curtis and my father have disagreed on many topics. And there have been a few....situations that I will not remind you about, where he had to be stern with him. But one thing he knows for sure about Curtis, as the rest of you do, is that Curtis is a man of loyalty, honor, and a man who's soul longs for thr purpose of gathering people together as he has for many of you. He has done mighty things for the Lord and for the youth of this town, and after this week, it's time for him to take the next level." We applaud again. "As for the future of this youth group, we're still figuring it out. Curtis will still be in charge for right now, but it's very possible that Mark, Phoebe and myself will be helping him run this fort of the church."

Curtis nods. "Yes we're still in talks about it. Things will be changing. But in the words of Isaiah: Behold, I am doing a new thing. And.....really, I agree with your claim of it being ironic, given how Albert was offered a job at another church before the final decision was made! So we could've easily had him take over as the youth pastor here!"
Some of us laugh.
"But you know what? I've been working with this incredible young man for a long time, and I've always believed that he is full of some incredible potential. And I also believe that he is one of those men who God is calling toward high stakes than what we have here." Curtis then snaps his fingers. But, and guys, you can come on up and prepare while I wrap this up."

Tanner steps down from the stage while me and the rest of the band come back up on stage. But not before Travis firmly shakes my hand and pats me on the back with a smile. "Congrats. God bless you man."

"Thanks Travis."

"It's a little sad that we have to say goodbye to Albert Johnson tonight since, he eouldve been an INCREDIBLE pastor for this group. But here's the thing about, Mr. Johnson," Curtis said. "I was right next to him, when this young man gave his heart to the Lord. And since that day, I can't even put into words what this man has become. But what I can say is that he is a leader for God's kingdom, and one with a heart as strong and bright as the strongest fire.

"And with what he has done in each and every one of our lives......just imagine what he's gonna do to the people of New York? To all of those families, and to their children?! Oh my goodness!" Curtis exclaimed. "Those folks over there have hired a warrior for Christ, and I'm absolutely excited to see what comes out of his work with them. But until then, I just wanna tell you that it's been an honor- it's been my privilege to watch you grow into who God has called you to be. We love you brother, and we're gonna miss you, but above all, truly, we're all proud of you.....Pastor Johnson," he ended with a grin.

The room erupts in applause and Curtis extends his hand out to me. But instead I just tearfully smile and clings to Curtis in an embrace. Curtis chuckles as he hugs me back.

So I take the stage with the rest of the team behind him on standby.
"Well thank you for the encouraging words Pastor Curtis, and don't worry, I'll send the money with you after." Everybody in the room laughs. I chuckle as well. "Glad to know you're all listening to me. Uh, but no seriously, I can't even fathom, just how happy I am to be here tonight and how happy I am to see each and every one of your faces here tonight. And I know some if you are confused as to why I invited you. Maybe some of ypu because you bullied me, or because we only shared a few words together in our whole lives, or maybe we only worked on one project together. Or some of you, I didn't even meet you. I might knew your siblings or your spouses."

"And don't lie to yourselves. I suggested to some of you, sit next to people you didnt know rather than be comfortable with people you knew. I can still see the awkwardness on your faces. A lot of Stiff backs! Alot of...clenched buttcheeks!" I spoke through a voice that sounds gravelly and old, which makes them laugh more hysterically. "Because, some of you are looking around going, wait a minute what's this person doing there? Hey what, you're not supposed to be in here."

"But..... I brought you all here tonight, because......several of you are my family. We may not all be bound by blood, but we have grown together over the past years, and learned that we could rely on each other. The rest of you? Well those who know me well know that I believe we can be changed by those around us. But I also believe that every person you meet, plays a part, a role in your life. And that's what I believe you all have been for me. For better or for worse, for painful reasons or for wonderful reasons....I stand on this stage, about to make future achievements, because this is where so many of you have brought me. The truth is... you never know what can happen just by choosing to walk up to someone. How that simple choice, can affect that person for the rest of their life. Our actions, and our words...have far more impact than we could ever hope to imagine. And I've seen that firsthand so many times. And it hurts....to see what some people choose to do."

"Now....I know this is gonna be a groaner for some of you but....this is soon going to be part of my job, so I'd like to share a quick scripture with all of you. This comes out of James Chapter 2. Verses 12 through 20. Now bear with me. And listen closely. I promise, to all my high school reunion friends here, I'll go as quick as I can so you can leave when we start playing, if you want."

I pull out my phone and start reading my bookmark in my Bible app. "It says this:
So whatever you say or whatever you do, remember that you will be judged by the law that sets you free. There will be no mercy for those who have not shown mercy to others. But if you have been merciful, God will be merciful when he judges you. What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say, "Good-bye and have a good day; stay warm and eat well"-but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do? So you see, faith by itself isn't enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless. Now someone may argue, "Some people have faith; others have good deeds." But I say, "How can you show me your faith if you don't have good deeds? I will show you my faith by my good deeds." You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God.[f] Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can't you see that faith without good deeds is useless?"

I then sigh. "These past few years, I've seen so many people, especially fellow Christians, and how painfully easily they forget to show mercy and love to other people. It doesn't even matter who they're around or who they're talking to. They so easily forget. And it pains me, because I was brought into a church group that had been so willing to accept so many others like myself who were nothing but broken and twisted. And so I say to you, if they can accept, and if I can accept and show mercy to people....there's no reason as to why you can't do the same. So as I depart from you... I want the believers who are gathered around here....to remember that you are called to help bring others to Christ, and to love and show mercy wherever you can give it. It's easy to judge first....and be offended by others.....and in some cases, to believe we are superior to others," I said glancing at Curtis, who nods with a soft smile.

"But Romans 3:23, Paul tells us this. 'For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.' Now let me repeat that. ALL OF US! ALL of us have sinned and fallen short." I shrug my arms with a grimace. "It's easy to accept anything else, yes? But we are all God's children, we were all washed clean by the blood of the cross.....and as Jesus gave his life for your sins and your life, he did the same for all of us. And Matthew Chapter 7 states, and so do unto others what you would want done unto you. So if you attack, judge or assault somebody for who they are or what they've done, is that what you would want done unto you? No. So please.... Do not forget that. And learn to open up your heart and act in lice to those who surround you.... If you hage faith in these things....then remember to act on it."

I then look around and smirk. "But lastly, before we start playing tonight, I only have one more favor to ask you. If you decide to participate and sing along or dance or whatever, I don't wanna see any casual still movements, and I don't wanna hear no soft, tender, NOTHINGNESS from your voices."
People laugh in response. And I grin big.
"I wanna see and hear a Loud....rowdy.... Hell you've Lost, and God is exalted.....display of craziness as we praise God! I wanna see Leaping! I wanna see crazy dancing! I want the voices so loud so we can hear all of the BAD singers in this room!"

"You wanna know why? Brcsude every lyric I'm about to sing tonight. I believe them with all my heart, and with my voice snd my body tonight, I'm gonna ACT like I do. I've always aimed to show my genuinity

"So if you decide to sing along, and you believe in these same words, if you believe about God in these ways, I wamt you to PORVE IT! I wanna hear you sing it like you MEAN IT!! Can you do that for me?!"

"Yeah!!"

"Well if you're a believer in this place tonight, and you believe Jesus is with yiu, and he's daved you snd given you poeer over He'll and the Devil, then let's shout out that victory right now!!"

Nearly half of the room shouts out!
Then I turn around as Mark strums a chord. He, Vinnie, Mason, Isaac, and felicia hage all stood up onto the highest part of the stage. And CJ does a drumstick counter.
"One two three!!"
And they all start playing and jamming as they all leap down from where they sre standing.
People rise from their seats and begin clapping and people start herding up to the front where they start jumping.

"And so that's why I'm ending my ministry here, with this reminder. What Christ did on the cross, he would've done it whether I was the only man in the world. Whether it was Curtis. Or whether it was whoever we think to be the worst person in the World. He thought we were worth something. Worth dying for. Worth loving. So as i leave this place tonight, i only ask that you would do the same. Because you never know who's life you could be saving that way."

We begin to sing and worship. And... to my honest surprise, none of the people who showed up to the reunion have left the room like I thought they would. Even the bullies and mean girls are still remaining. I guess my words are leaving more of an impact than I thought.

But that makes it even more wonderful when I look out while playing our songs, and seeing all of my friends, acquaintances and relatives singing along. Of course there are some people, mainly Hunter, Najee, Scott, Cassie and Nikki who are just awkwardly standing and looking around, which I kinds find amusing, mainly Cassie not knowing what to do for once.
And I can see Cheyenne clapping watching, and singing with Colton, and Venus is watching, looking, pleasantly surprised by what she's seeing of our passion.

So we pretty much spend almost a whole hour singing these songs:
Mighty To Save
Stir It Up
Courageous
Our God
Whom Shall I Fear

(Halfway through the worship set, Curtis sneaks over to Cheyenne. "Don't mind me, I just gotta do some cleaning downstairs and then talk to Thomas in my office. This shouldn't take long." And he leaves.)

Faithful Now
Surrounded
Hold On
Anthem
So Will I

Although the fun part comes after Mark and Phoebe sing their duet of So Will I....

"Oh wait. I just realized that I missed a line," Mark spoke out into the mic. "That as you speak, 100 X creatures catch your breath, evolving in pursuit of what you've said."

"Yeah and uh, wasn't there controversy about that line?" I asked. "That people accused that verse to support evolution rather than God's intended creation."

"Guys? What are you doing?" Phoebe asked.

"Yeah but the people who argue agsinst that might probably say dinosaurs never existed. Well here's what we say!"

Me and Mark strum our guitars together,
and suddenly the lights flicker before a portion of the ceiling opens up, and a giant inflatable dinosaur head hangs down while a Jurassic Park T-Rex roar plays over the sound equipment.

Everyone screams and flinched when they see and hear the dinosaur. And then the side doors on the stage open up and two people in inflatable dinosaur costumes jumpstart the other band members, while a third one rushes inside through the front entrance, and Duncan and Patrick lift this person into the air with a wire and sned them flying across the Sanctuary room.

Mark bursts out laughing while Vinnie and I play the Jurassic Park theme with his keyboard and my guitar.

Cheyenne and Venus cannot stop laughing nor remove their hands from their own chests. "What in the world just happened?!!" Venus sneezed.

"I think I know."

Then the roof of the T-Rex mouth opens, and someone hope out of its mouth.
It's Johnathan! And he's wearing his King of Pranks outfit.

"LIFE.....has found a way!! Much like bow I ALWAYS do!!"

The two costumes dinosaurs on stage then hop around yelling out. They then remove their heads, revealing them to be Wesley and Mitch.

"Oh man that was AWESOME!!!" Mitch hooted.
Wesley grabs onto Phoebe and Isaac.
"Oh man, you should've seen your face!"

Phoebe then breaks free and shoves Mark to the ground as he laughs. "You could be WARNED me you know?!"

"Now what fun would that be?" Mark laughed before I pulled him back up to his feet.

"And you all know I can't say goidbye without pulling ONE LAST SURPRISE with my Amigos, AND the King!"

"Oh-ho-ho!!" Johnathan boasted before approaching the stage. "The crowned king is humbled by your presence once more!!"

"ARIBA!!!" Wes shouted while shaking maracas.

"Hey give those back!" Felicia said, knowing that they came from her percussion stand.

"Talk about a dynamite entrance, am I right?"

Albert chuckles. "You know, I think we need to tske a moment and thank these three knuckleheads for helping me set this all up for everyone." There's a brief applause. "It's uh....it's funny, having you boys in my life has been unpredictable and crazy, too much so at times! But, I also couldn't have done so much without you guys." They all smile and we all join shoulders together. "Vinnie and John you guys have been there for me so many years, and Wes since we've met Wes, you've helped us embrace...different sides of ourselves. But I talked about how everyone here has made me who I am at this very moment. And you three are a prime example."

"We're happy to be, man. Knowing you has changed a lot of us and, I can only hope to be as big hearted and kind as you've been to me."

"Or as fiercely loyal as you've been with us, even though we got into trouble....lord knows how many times," Johnathan added. "But this isn't the last time. No way nohow.".

"That's right. No matter where you go in life, may there be smiles, jokes, and laughter everywhere you walk! For you will always be the founding father of La Quadro Amigos!" And God is always with you, just like us. Abs we're looking forward to seeing what you accomplish."

"Says the guy who got married this week!" They all chuckle.

"Speaking to the choir I know. Speaking of which, don't we have one more surprise song?"

"Thats right! So.....this Last song that....we're gonna play for tonight is....I apologize if we sound a little rusty, I only taught them this song last night," I explained. "But uh, this- this is a song I wrote myself, and id love to share it tonight."

"Hmm? I didn't know he wrote a song."

"Me neither," Venus added.

Then Cheyenne's eyes widen. "Oh yeah. He's been struggling to write one for the whole summer so far. Guess he finally finished it."

"Now....this song? It- it's about a few things i've learned over this past week. And really.......it's dedicated to a very special friend here tonight....as some of the words in this song are inspired by, an incredible testimony."

"Yeah!!"

"Once you hear these words, I know you're all gonna be wondering, geez, whag exactly happened to this perosn?' But it's not gonna be my story to tell. And I believe that once you hear it from their mouth, it's gonna impact all of you just as much as it has impacted me."

My eyes then widen. "Oh my gosh. He- he wrote it for me?"
My face starts to grow red and I look down with a bashfully shy smile that both Venus and Colton notice.

"Boys?"
Johnathan, Wes and Mitch begin to step down from the stage.
"So without further ado, I'd like to present you my very own-"

But then before all of us can begin playing the instrumental parts to the song.....
ZAP!!
Zooooooooooomm..
The power and lights go off again. Only this time, it's the ENTIRE BUILDING!!

"What the hell?" Isaac asked.

Lacey speaks out. "Okay, who's making a dramatic entrance this time?!" And a few people chuckle.

"Hey! Why can't we get any sound?" Mason asked, trying to turn his bass all back on.

"I....I think the power just went out!" Colton called out.

"Wait, what?!" JT asked.

"Are you serious?" Cheyenne asked.
And she can't see it but.....Venus is incredibly unsettled.

I groan and speak out. "Johnathan?! How many times had I told you and Colton not to mess with anything other than the lights!"

"Albert?" Johnathan pulls out his phone and shines a flashlight at me before he removes his fake beard. "I didn't do this."

"What is this, those Lion kids trying to surprise us again?"

"No. I led them out of here a while ago," Wes said, coming back up to the stage.

Mark sighs. "Hold on, I think I forgot to lock the back door. The main power control grid is at the back of the building."

Vinnie sighs. "It's okay! Everyone dont worry. Someone must have arrived late, and flipped the power off and tried to scare us."

"But why would they do that?" Phoebe asked.

"And why would someone come in through the back at all?" CJ asked.

Miranda then speaks out. "Listen up?! Does anyone else have any guests who are arriving late?!"

"Uh, No, my gang's all here!" Hunter spoke.
"And mine!" Andy added.
"Pretty much everyone who's a regular here is already here!" Travis said.
"Yeah, and I only came alone," Amelia said.
"So did we!" Tyler and JT said.

"Well..." Colton spoke out. "My wife is supposed to be here a little later, but, I don't think she'd pull a scare like-

"Wait. Where's Curtis?" Cheyenne asked.

Then we hear a distant thud.
"What was that sound?"

And I hear someone yelling. It's....Brock's voice. "It's OVER, Taylor!"

I then turn around as the worship team members are shining their faces with their phone flashlights.

"Phi? You asked why somebody would do that...?" Mark whispered.

"It's because we know whose office is back there.... Next to the grid," I whispered.

Phoebe shudders. "Oh no."

I then take my guitar off of my shoulder and lay it down. And stand tall. "They're here."

Cheyenne's POV:
Less than three minutes fly by after the power goes out.

"What the heck is going on?"
"Albert is everything okay? Albert? Mark? Vinnie? John?!"

"Wes?! Phoebe?!"

Then l it sounds like a slamming noise is coming from outside.
Suddenly, the lights come back on and it nearly blinds everyone for a moment.

"Ahh finally. There are the lights!"

But before anyone can cheer out in celebration like I know they were about to,.....
JT and Tyler stand up tall.

"What in the....world...." JT said in confusion.
"Hey where'd they go?" Tyler asked.

Right after that, everyone immediately notices that.....Albert and the rest of the band members are gone. Wes and Johnathan are gone.
Their guitars and various instruments have been laid onto the floor. Most of their phones are even left behind.

Duncan and Patrick step out. "Don't worry every one. They most likely just went out to go turn the power back on."

"Then they're gonna find Curtis and they'll all be back here."

"But shouldn't they have already been back by now? It's not that far from the back of the building."

Then I hear something from outside.
"You have NO RIGHT to do this..!"
"SHUT UP!!" Then I can hear laughter.

Lacey turns to Madison and Theresa. "What the hell's going on?"

"I don't even know."

"Me neither."
Then, Madison turns her head and notices Venus sitting beside me. "Hold on a minute."

I then squint my eyes for a moment. "Wait. Did anybody hear something out in the halls?"

"Oh that was probably just their movement."

"No. I thought I heard....slamming and, shouting. But it didnt sound like their voices."

Venus then taps me on the shoulder. "Cheyenne, please. I need to tell you something."

"Huh, what is it?"

"Your friends. They- AHH!!"
Madison suddenly drags Venus to her feet by pulling on her hair.

Madison then growls when she sees her face. "You! You're that Venus girl! What are you doing here?!"

"Oh no," Colton whispered.

"Hey now let's calm down-" Duncan said.

"No don't tell us to calm down! Okay, why is this creature even here?!" Theresa exclaimed.

"Whoa whoa now, wait a second-!" Venus shouted,

"Guys calm down. There is an explanation for why she's here," I said.

"Yeah, Because You're here!!" yelled Lacey. "Are we even surprised? Considering what you two filthy things are?!"

"Whoa, what's going on here?" Tyler asked.

I raise my hands up. "Lacey, we DON'T have time for this!"

"Yeah why not?! Cuz you're leaving tomorrow?!" she yelled out. "No, I was hoping you would be here so I couldn't finally let loose!"

"Well THAT can wait, just like your hand!" I backed up. "Right now I need to go find the others!!"

"Because they're the ones who are gonna protect you, PORNSTAR?!!" I turn around and several people gasp. "Yeah you heard me?! THIS WOMAN is a pornstar, Cece Phoenix! And she's also part of a porno gang."

JT and Tyler stare at each other. "Say what now?"

"Cheyenne?"

"What the-?" Amelia whispered.

"Wait. You're Cece Phoenix?!" Cassie asked. "From the Anarchanal Kingdom's Pussy Conquerors?"

"But I thought she was dead?" Nikki asked.

"Nox shed alive."
"And she's right here," spoke two girls who were close friends with Liana: Anna and Talia.

Everyone is now looking at me.
Lacey grins. "Yeah. Did you think you were gonna leave without everyone knowing about it?"

I pant nervously, but then I put my foot down. "No. But I don't care. Yes, I was a pornstar! But I don't do that stuff anymore! And I may not be a Christian like some of yoy, but I do believe in God, and now I have friends who have helped me believe that I can make things right and be accepted by others! Despite the sins I've committed!" Then I point to her. "So what's your excuse for sinning and not accepting me, Lacey?"

"What did you say?"

"Isn't forgiving and accepting others and showing love instead of hate exactly what being a Christian is even about??!!!" I asked. "You know your behavior doesn't exactly spell that out! Attacking me on the sidewalk, gossiping to the rest of the church about Albert, smashing my car, accusing people of being cheating sluts before I even came here? All foe what?! All because your boyfriend left You all of a sudden??!!!"

"Oooohhh....!"

Lacey shakes her head and growls in anger. "I wouldn't know. Because the truth is, I gsve up on God after years of praying for a partner, and the first one he gives me, leaves me in hopes of working for people like you. God has given me nothing but trouble, and problems because of people like you!'

"Lacey, I DON'T want to be a Problem!!"

"WELL I NEVER ASKED YOU TO BE!" Lacey shouted. "You DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE, to spend almost TEN months away from home with STRANGERS giving me treatment for my head, trying to control my sudden anger! And then coming home WANTING TO START FRESH AGAIN, then the VERY FIRST FACE I notice here gets me TRIGGERED, it REMINDS me of my pain and anger!!! You don't know how it FEELS!! THE WAY YOUR VERY FACE IS JUST A TRIGGER TO ME NOW!!!!!"

"Wow, anybody got a Care Bears DVD for her?" JT teased.
"JT..."

"Shut up!!" Lacey shouted at them. "You? You have NO IDEA how that feels for me!"

"Yes I do! I KNOW EXACTLY how that feels Lacey!" I responded.

"How would you possibly know??!!!"

"BECAUSE I'VE BEEN TRIGGERED AND HAUNTED BY MEMORIES FOR THE PAST 4 YEARS OF MY LIFE!!!! All becuase of peoole like YOU and because of what they did to me!!" Lacey's eyes slowly widen and she takes a step back. "And I'VE BEEN RUNNING AWAY because I HATE being reminded of it!! JUST LIKE YOU!!"

Lacey then sneers and scoffs. "Comparing yourself to me?"

"Yes. Because neither of us chose what happened to us, we didn't mean to be triggers for each other, but we've suffered at each other's hands. But the differences is, at this point, we've been forgiven by those we love. And I've finally come to accept what happened to me and what i had done, and I'm working to learn from it......and yet you're srill choosing to hold onto the pain and anger, while blaming everyone else. Even at a time where we're supposed to be celebrating instead of FIGHTING LIKE THIS!!!!"

Theresa then storms toward me. "Listen here. You have NO RI-!"

"Okay guys, STOP!!" yelled out one of the other girls, a girl named Abby, before shoving us apart stepping out the exit. "We didn't come here for a fight, or to judge another person's past!"

Then Carly approaches us and pulls Lacey back. "Abbys right. We're celebrating for two of our friends. One of them is someone who wouldn't want to spend his last night watching us going at each other's throats!!" Lacey looks to her on edge.

I shudder and turn to Lacey. "And that's what I did last week. I've made so many messes, and I wanna STOP! We NEED to move on, NOW!"

Lacey then begins to step towards me, lifting up her broken hand. "But after THIS, how do you expect me to just MOVE ON?!!"

I shake my head. "I- I don't know. But we shouldn't act like its impossible. I used to think of it as such, until I finally confessed after what you did to me!"

"And WHY would you even confess at all!! Why would you want any of these people to know that mysterious little Cheyenne is actually a pornstar slut trying to com the world into thinking THAT SHE'S DEAD-?!!""

"Because you don't even know what I've been through. What I've done to ly friends. My family and how I feel ashamed of it all, and scared."

"You mean those two people we saw on camera. And those kids were all people you knew. Please, you can't fool me. I'm sure they're all as slutty and twisted as you are."

"WHAT?!!!" I shouted, about ready to lunge out at her.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" Colton pulls me back as Madison and Theresa pull back Lacey. "Don't give in. She knows she can't do anything physically with her good arm."

"Lacey, stop it."

"Let GO of me!"

I look over at Lacey, then shut my eyes, take a deep breath. "You wanted to prove a point and share your anger? Well it worked. So it's time to STOP, scaring us, when all we want to do right now......is just spend this last night with the few friends we have left. I just.....I just wanna get away, and move on from all of it. Forget about Angela, and try to focus on....where I'm being called now." I then push past her.

Lacey scoffs. "Maybe you can say that now. But then what is this other good for nothing Pussy Conqueror doing here?"

"Wondering why the hell you're every bit as bitter as Angela despite being on her opposite side." Lacey's eyes widened with offense. "In fact you're reminding me so much about her right now just by your annoying rageful voice!"

"You take that back. Take it back or I SWEAR im-"

Madison pulls her back. "Lacey, Knock it off! Right now!"

Lacey looks pondered. "You're standing up for her. You said Venus was one of the Conquerors who was at Vincent's house on Sunday!"
Upon hearing this, my eyes twitch.
"I'm guessing she probably helped Angela try to trash our friends!"

"I did nothing but try to stop something foolish! And I tried to stop them from fighting!"

"Oh that's just BULLCRAP-!"

"Wait!" I called out. "Wait, why did you say that?"

Venus's eyes widened.
Colton then looks down. "Ohhh no."

I then Storm back up to Lacey. "What do you mean she showed up at Vinnie's. I was there that morning and I didn't see her or any other Conquerors."

"That's because you were showering inside for so long," Colton said.

"Colt, what are you doing?" Patrick asked.

"Shut up. Lacey, answer me," i demanded sternly but calmly.

Lacey scoffs and turns to Madison. "You were the one who told me. Why don't you share your new girlfriend too?"

"Lacey..!" Theresa said grabbing onto her right shoulder. Lacey looks annoyed but steps away a little.

I turn to Madison in worry. "You all had bruises that afternoon..... But why...?"

Madison can see how scared and anxious i look and she sighs heavily. "We.... We kinda got attacked by Angela and some of her Conquerors on Sunday."

"What?!"

"They just showed up out of the blue with a giant tour bus and said they were looking for Curtis."

"What? You mean Angela Fox and Pussy Conquerors showed up at your houses instead of mine?" Cassie asked.

"Quiet," Travis said. "Why would they be looking for Curtis?"

"I don't freaking know," Lacey said. Then she continues to speak with a tone of laughter. "Apparently Albert told a couple of them at the mall about some, silly story of Curtis scamming them out of something. He was acting like a mad man, even saying if that fox ever came back, he'd strangle her with her own tail."

I then begin to widen my eyes......
.....until some of the other guests begin to snicker and grin. "That Albert said that?" Hunter said. Lacey nods subtly, and then Hunter loudly chuckles. "Oh ho ho! Could any one like Albert say that?"

"Ask him yourself."

"Maybe he could," his friend Najee said. "If he's using his car to pull the rope. Otherwise he'd whine after one pull from his hands!"

Colton sneers him. "Are you serious?"

"Are you sure we're even talking about the same guy. The loser who acted like John Mayer just a few moments ago, even though he got his nose cracked every week?" Scott added.

"Okay, uncalled for," Susan interrupted. "But they have a point. Saying Albert Johnson. Threatened to harm anyone is laughable. He's practically harmless."

"Yeah and I'd be inclined to believe that. If Madison hadn't have told me about he punched Angela right in the face and broke her nose til it was flooding out blood!"
My eyes suddenly widen my skin grows pale. "The way she told me, he and his friends beat the SNOT out of them after Albert declared war on that slut. Specifically on the rabid fox herself..!"

"He WHAT?!!" I screamed in terror.

"Shhhhhoot!" Tyler hollered.
"Well, I'll be damned."

Duncan then laughs. "Oh yeah, and you should've seen that Brock guy's face after Johnathan beat him up in the alley!"

"Dude!" Patrick and Mitch shouted.

"What? You two were involved two when they were coming at us!"

"Wsit Mitch?! You and John were in this too?" Amelia asked.

"I mean, they barged into the house I found them in and they were threatening my brother in law right in front of me."

All of this is making me lose my mind.
"Wait so this is REAL?! THIS Actually HAPPENED??!!!"

Colton sighs. "Unfortuantely yes. And these people were even crazier than you described."

"Wait. You mean you didn't know about this?" Lacey asked, actually confused. "I- I thought you might have been telling him to do this as some sort of sick joke?!"

"NO!!"

Theresa then squints. "Wait. So why are you here? After what happened?"

Venus sighs. "Because Angela got too obsessed with getting payback. Both on Albert and on Elijah. I.....I came here, because she was going after Elijah and his friends.because they were supposed to be speaking at a press conference for Storm tonight, explaining why he made the claims he did about Angela. And I wanted to find out why...why a good Christian man like Albert would be stirring up such a storm against her. Then I saw you at his house."

"Wait a minute so, this girl who you said raped and manipulated you.....she was here in our town?" Abby asked.

"Raped....?" Cassie asked.

'Yeah. She was here. And she. Was. Pissed."

"But that Johnson kid was ready for her. Spiritually, mentally, and even physically," Andre said.

"Well I guess, that would explain what Sean meant when he texted us he had some handiwork from a foxy encounter," said Hunter.

"Yeah but that didnt last long. Turns out that dumbbell isn't as dumb as we thought," Josh commented.

"What the-?!" Im looking all around the room surprised at how many people are talking about this now. I shake my head, wave my arms and loudly speak up. "Listen up! If anyone else in this room knows about all of this and saw Angela here in town, raise your hands now!"

Madison, Theresa, Colton, Duncan, Patrick, Spencer, Mitch, Josh, Andre, Drake, Carly, Kim, Piper, Gage, Harris, Penny, Jake, Max, Jane, Joseph, Devone, Leon, Louis, Mike, Natt and Timmy all raise their hands.

"And our parents. And the three guys and all of the other worship team members," Colton said.

"It was a good thing we had as many people as we did there."

I am in absolute shock of how many people are aware about this, and have been involved. "All of you...?"

"They were rough on us but, we managed to hold them off without too much trouble."

"Speak for yourselves. My brother and I got flipped over by some midget," Jake remarked.

I then turn to venus and start to get angry. "And YOU...? And you waited until NOW to say something?!"

"I thought we could all get some time to relax after this shit storm! And we DID!" Venus argued. She sighs. "And yes. I was wondering whether i should tell you or not but Albrrt insisted that I stay quiet, saying he didn't want you involved."

"Wait a minute, this Angela person? Is she like, this tall? Black hair, piercing green eyes wirh some curves?"

"Yeah?"

"Holy crap, I think we saw her and those guys at the airport that day!"

"Yeah and ohhhh boy did her nose not look good! I thought it might've exploded or something," JT said.

I then grsh onto my hair. "Man he's crazy, if he thinks he can do all of this to-!"

JT and Tyler then rush out of their seats over to grab me. "Hey, hey hey! Just calm down girl."

"Calm down, are you two serious?!" Lacey asked.

"Yeah!" JT hollered. "You two, you're leaving tomorrow, so it's not like you'll have to worry if they come here."

"And he said they held their own, so maybe they're not as bad as you're all making them out to be," Tyler added.

"That's not the point! Ohhh i knew it. I KNEW that they figured it out!"

"Figured out what?!" Levi asked.

"That I made Curtis scam them into giving them the money I earned with them, so I could use it for Albert's college and this church! After YOU got us all in trouble, Lacey!!"

Gasps!
Lacey's eyes widened. "Wait. Wait wait wait. So...So he wasn't lying about Curtis-?"
She actually looks worried...!

"NO! You got the pastor to kick us out for a few months and I wanted to do something so he wouldn't have to feel-!"

"Hey hey hey!" Andy said standing up. "So, a few coo-coo inappropriate people found out about a favor that this youth pastor did for you and they're overreacting. What's the worst that could happen?"

"Oh you don't even-"
Then all of sudden, all five of the doors get pounded on violently and aggressively and so loud that everyone jumps.

"Anybody else who tries to join in. And you're all gonna get it next!!"

"What was that?" Amelia asked.

"WHO was that?!" Lacey added.

Then the screens start getting tampered with
"Wait, NOW what's going on?"

"Why are the screens acting up?" Patrick asked.

Colton looks up to the projector room. "Ricardo? What are you doing up there?"

"How do uou know its him?"

"I make video game playthroughs on YouTube I know these things."

"Uh i just noticed this but, our livestream went back. And....it's been recording through the old hallway cameras outside."

"What? Why would it be doing that?"

"Can you get it on the screens?"

"I think so."

We wait for a few moments. The new stream comes up on the screens.... and we see Albert, his Amigos and the Worship team In a hallway.

"Why is it showing this?"
"Wait a minute. I know that wall..."

"I don't get it. He should be out here," Albert asked.

"Not just him? Where are the others?"

"I know, we just heard 'em!" Isaac called out. "And they clearly called out his name!"

"Well he's not here. He's not in his office. The office is trashed. His cell phone isn't taking my calls. I don't know."

"But he is still in the building somewhere," Mason said.

"Yeah but where? We don't even use half of the rooms in this building."

"Hang on. I think I know someone who can help us look around," Albert said while pulling out his phone. He starts texting.

"Well we know he's gotta in the building so, let's split up," Johnathan said stepping out. "I'll take Wes and go down this hallway, then maybe Chris and mark-"

"Can I help you boys with something?" a woman asked from behind. They all turn to see her. "Yes?"

"Who do you think you're calling boys?" Isaac asked.

Wes smiles. "Why yes we could use-"

"Wesley..!" Vinnie halted. "I'm sorry, who are you? Are we supposed to know who you are?"

The woman shrugs. "I don't know. That depends..."
Then this woman looks over at Albert.

"We're just trying to find somebody. And it's not making sense right now."

"Many things don't make sense at first glance. Not until you look further..." The woman looks over at Albert.

Albert seems to freeze up, as his eyes begin to widen. "Oh my god... Destiny...?"

Destiny then smiles softly. "My dear Albert... My you really have grown..."

Mark squints. "Hold it...You mean this is-"

"Awww crud.." Vinnie whispered.

Wes looks to me while Albert while Johnathan clutches his wrist with an angry face.

"You shouldn't be here right now!" Albert said.

"That's too damn bad," said a deep male voice. And then....Alex comes out of the hallway. "We can't miss seeing you before you leave..."

"Alex...?"

A lot of us squint as we're Watching this inside. "Wait, who are those supposed to be?"

Colton stiffens with his eyes widen open. "No. "That.....That's Destiny and Alex!"

My eyes widened. "What...?!"

"What's going on here?"

"Seems like you should just know," spoke out another man. Then a group of ten guys step out. "You must be Albert huh? We've been hearing a LOT about you..."

"What? All.of.the Shiners are here too?!"

"What are all these people doing out there?" Travis asked.

"I don't know but it doesn't sound good. They need to get back in here!" I said preparing to run out of the room.

"No Cheyenne, wait-!"

CRASH!!!! SMASH!!!!
"AAGHHH!!!" Curtis gets thrown through the window, smashing through the glass and slamming into the wall on the other side of the hall. "Ughhh!!!"
I quickly stop and turn around, where me and everyone else gasps loudly in shock, several of us are startled by the sudden moment. Even more so when it shows Curtis upclose. He's been beaten, and his lips, forehead and nose are covered in blood!!

"CURTIS!!!!" I screamed out rushing down to him.

"OH MY GOSH!!!" Phoebe yelled out before we all circled around him. "Curtis? Oh no...!!"

"CT, what HAPPENED?!!" Johnathan asked, kneeling down beside him.

Curtis groans and coughs up some blood before he looks up at them. His face is frozen in worry. "What is going on....?" he asked.

Before Albert can speak up, 5 people step out ot the room he was thrown through. It's Brock, Snake, Griffin, Romeo, and two other guys I don't recognize.

Albert and the guys see this and they're tense. "You guys."

"Surprise," Snake said.
"It's payback time," Brock added.

Mark pulls up Curtis. "Chrid, take him..!" He passes him over to CJ's arms.

"Guys get back...!"
"Move!"

Johnathan and Mark step out in front and they begin stepping backwards looking around, and Brock and his small group approach them slowly.

Then the doors burst open, and people start storming inside. Then, I see five figures stepping out in front of then, blocking their path in the hall. It's Tabitha, Tobias, Ryan, Lexi......and Angela!
As soon as I see Angela my eyes become the widest they've ever been. "Oh my god..."

Angela stands out and stares at all of them. "We heard there was some kind of party. Hope we won't mind if we crash it.

"Angela..."

Then the lights flashed back on, and after all of them open their eyes and look back up, they can see DOZENS upon DOZENS of people surrounding them in all of the halls around them. Almost all of the Conquerors are there, as well ad many other people I don't recognize.

"Great, you guys made it!" spoke out another voice. Hearing this one.....freezes my entire being. Even more so.....when i see my brother on the screen.
"Welcome to where you put yourselves."

Albert sighs. "Kevin..."

"Damn right, motherfucker."
And then another group of guys walk out and stand behind him. They begin to step back.

Albert turns his head back to Angela. "I told you nobody threatens us...and gets away with it." Cheyenne is super tense watching this inside.

"Wait, has this been going on this whole time?" Venus asked.

"Yeah."

I then widen my eyes. "What's it showing in live time?"

"Uhhh....it's showing this."

Angela's still standing before them, with the Conquerors surrounding them.
"Times up. Conquer them all!!"
Then various Conquerors start running forward.

"No...!"

Angela storms marchibg forward with tobias and Ryan running beside her. Wes, still wearing his dinosaur suit, charges out first.
Ryan runs past Angela, so Wes shoulder slams Ryan against the wall, and then he lunges after Angela, grabs onto her kicking her, causing Tabitha to rush in after him. Meanwhile Vinnie swings at Tobias, but he ducks and shoves Vinnie out of his way before he enters our circle.
Tobias kicks Miranda into the wall, and punches Samuel to the ground, while Ryan grabs onto Isaac for balance before punching and throwing him towards Tobias prepares to attack him. But Felicia grabs Tobias by the arm, and drags him away before she catches Isaac, and Ryan tries to charge at them before Mason rushes out and punches Ryan before shocking him to the ground. Vinnie leaps onto Ryan's back and Samuel starts punching him.
Behind them, Tabitha drags Angela away from Wes, and then fiercely kicks him down to the ground and stomps down on his head. Then Felicia rushes out and grabs onto Tabitha, getting her away from Wes so he can stand back up, while clearing a way for Miranda and Isaac to charge after Angela, Lexi, and a few other men approaching.
After shoving down Ryan, CJ tosses Curtis over to Mason before Tobias can grab him, and while Mason lays Curtis down besides the table at the other wall, CJ eucks a punch from Tobias and locks him in a chokehold.

Everyone tries to create enough distance within this tight, small hallway.
Albert is still at the back covering Phoebe and checks the surrounding area. To the right, Mason leaping out of the way before Snake rams Johnathan against the table behind him covered with decor, and Johnathan, growling angrily, grabs onto his head and smashes it against his knee, then sucker punches him back by striking under his chin as Bryce charges in beside them. Then to the left, Mark gets kicked back by Brock, and then he grabs onto Donnie's wrist and flips him over his shoulder punching down at him. And when I look forward-

"Phoebe, watch out!!" Albert yelled out before dragging the shrieking Phoebe out of the way as Griffin attempts to lunge after her, and after Mason punches and shoves Bryce backwards while he kicks Zackary back and the two of them crash into each other.

Then Albert lunges out as Kevin sprints toward him Albert grabs onto.him and pins him against the wall while screaming out.

To be continued....

Yes in chapter 30, things are GOING DOWN!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369 20 32
Melodious Lightening had it all the money, the fame, and the fans. But when her newfound faith is put into the spotlight, and she has to choose betwe...
2.6K 89 8
(DISCONTINUED. REWRITE IN PROGRESS) The year is 2050. The world has gone to hell. Everywhere you look, it's just ruins and devastation. It's so fucki...
25.9K 1.6K 51
*sequel to A Boy Named Jasper* ~~~~~ When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked him, "Do...
306 5 9
Harley Maddie Johnson a careless 17 year old girl. A personality screaming "I don't give two shit who you are, if you're not my friends or family the...