Sarang- Life Of A Kpop Soloist

By Slytherin1604

"Choi Sarang I'm in love with you. I've always been and I'll always be." Jungkook whispered to Sarang. Follo... More

Bighit Artists
SARANG PROFILE AND FACTS
The start of it all
My Heart Will Go On
Meeting at Bighit
Finally a trainee?
Sarang's Aesthetic
Officially a Trainee
Boy in Luv
Meeting Yeonjun
A Day In The Life Of A Trainee
화양연화
Album & Hugging Jungkook
Concept photos
Officially A Soloist
Music Shows, MV, and reactions
Behind The Scenes Of MV
First Fan Sign And A Surprise
Fan Sign For The Loved Ones
Nation's Sweetheart
Photos from Fansign
CSAT and Year End Award Shows
2016- Album, Acting and OST
Behind The Scenes From Drama
Soaring Popularity
Running Man and Crushes
Running Man and Crushes Pt. 2
Knetz react to Gong Yoo-Sarang
College Life Of Sarang
Hello My Twenties!
Daesang
Dares, Drinks And Kisses
What Are We?
Reality
Lethal Love
LATE NIGHT SHOWS IN US
Male Friends
WORLD TOUR
Iconic Moments Of World Tour
Billboard Music Awards
Questions
Lead Role and Lee Jongsuk
Vacationing with Girl friends
Pics from the vacation.
Hiphop Album
NATION'S ACE
Magazine Cover
Juniors
Sarang On Knowing Bros
Birthday Night Kiss with Jungkook
Brand Ambassador Sarang
Moving Into New Home
Jungkook's Surprise
Vlive
College Music Festival
Unbeatable
Rude Bitxh and first Heartbreak
Lies
Dating Scandal
Confronting Jungkook,Jamie & More
Eunwoo
Eunwoo x Sarang Kisses
Collab Stage with Jungkook &more
Weekly Idol with Seventeen
Not the greatest New Year eve
Bighit Family and Jungkook
Jungkook is getting bolder?
Shareholder Sarang?
Still With You
Breakdown and Fan Song
HITIBO Reaction and Dynamite
New Album; Vintage
Reactions and Achievements
Mentor Sarang on Iland
Mentor Sarang On I-Land Pt. 2
Yoongi, Plans for 2021-2022
World records & Emmy Nomination
Hybe x Game Caterers
Hybe x Game Caterers pt. 2
Knetz react to Hybe Game Caterers
Emmys
Run BTS x Sarang x Jungkook
Hiding with Jungkook
Shopping with Jungkook & Jin's Enlistment
At Jungkook's Apartment
Dinner with Jeon Family
Confessions and New Year's Kiss
Officially Dating
Kissing At HYBE & Almost Getting Caught?
First Date With Jungkook
Stepping into Chinese Industry
Youth Periplous, Chen Zheyuan & More Chinese Friends
First Valentine's Day with Jungkook
🎶 New Album 🎶
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE ALBUM
Sarang in USA
Sarang on Suchwita ft. Jungkook
Sarang on Suchwita ft. Jungkook Part. 2
Discussing Seven MV with Sarang
Seven MV making and Behind The Scenes!
97 LINERS REACT TO SEVEN MV WITH JUNGKOOK AND SARANG
KNETZ REACT TO SARANG AND JUNGKOOK IN SEVEN
A Golden Date

Dinner at Grandma's House

2.4K 83 9
By Slytherin1604

"I'm absolutely famished." Jungkook groaned as he flopped onto Sarang's swiveling chair in her studio.

"So am I." Sarang said while rubbing her belly.

"Wanna eat out? Or do you want me to order some food? Shall we order Donkatsu?" Jungkook excitedly asked her, his mind already making up a menu.

"Well actually I was planning on visiting my grandma after my work's done."

"Oh." Was all he said, sounding a bit disappointed that he will have to miss on a dinner with Sarang.

"You wanted to eat Donkatsu right?" At his nod Sarang continued, "I remember you used to love the one my grandma made. Wanna come over to her place with me?"

At the suggestion, Jungkook immediately perked up. Not only was he happy that his dinner plans with Sarang weren't entirely spoiled but he genuinely missed her grandma's food.

The duo quickly tidied up the studio and Sarang quickly borrowed one of the lesser used company cars to avoid the eyes of stalkers or any photos of them being leaked. The last thing they wanted now was to be center of a dating scandal.

While they were cleaning the room Jungkook had asked his manager to get him a fruit basket, a flower bouquet and some pain relieving medicines that he knew Sarang's grandparents used. The manager had sneakily place everything in the car's trunk before Sarang could see it.

The drive to her grandparent's house wasn't that long. Sarang was the one driving and she kept looking over, making sure they weren't being followed. Unfortunately, Jungkook and Sarang both knew how likely it was that some crazy ass stalker might be trailing them, this wasn't the first time it had happened. Sarang chose to go from the longer route to avoid any such crazy encounters.

Jungkook of course was delighted, cause despite the reason behind taking the longer route he got to spent more time with her and that is all he wanted.

What he didn't know was that Sarang purposefully chose the other route because she wanted to spend more time with him too. They've been apart for so long, and soon Jungkook will be going back for his tour. This was the only way she could enjoy some quality time with him without being bothered.

She wasn't going to tell him that of course.

About an hour or so later, Sarang finally pulled up in her grandparent's garage. As they made their way up to knock on the door, Jungkook suddenly felt like he was sitting for his CSAT and had to ace the exam. Or like he was auditioning and his life depended on it.

Sarang noticed his nervous look and gave me him a soft smile. Before any of them could say anything, the door was opened and there stood her grandfather.

"Sarang-ah is that you?" Her grandpa asked while squinting a bit, partly cause he wasn't wearing his glasses and partly cause he wasn't expecting a surprise visit like this.

"Yes grandpa, it's your Sarang." Sarang happily said while she immediately went in for a hug which her grandpa returned.

"Oh my sweet child, how long has it been since you saw your old man?" Grandpa said in the typical grandparent voice.

It was then he noticed that someone else was standing behind Sarang, smiling at their reunion.

"And who's this young man? Your boyfriend?" Grandpa Choi asked while smirking at Sarang who immediately started blushing and sputtering.

"Harabeoji, it's me Jungkookie." Jungkook introduced himself, breaking into a bunny smile that Sarang found absolutely adorable.

"Jungkookie? Oh is it really you?" At Jungkook's confirmation that it was indeed him, grandpa Choi immediately went to hug him, patting his back and welcoming him in.

"Yeobo look who's here." Grandpa Choi called out, and soon an old woman holding a spatula came rushing in.

"Sarang?oh my how long has it been?" Grandma Choi said the same thing as her husband as she came practically ran to hug her granddaughter. "Let me take a look at you." She held Sarang at an arm's distance before examining her from top to bottom. "Oh my poor child you've lost so much weight. Look at your limbs, you used to be so chubby when you were with me."

Jungkook was silently laughing as Sarang tried to shush her grandma who had finally noticed Jungkook, and made her way to him.

"Jungkookie?" Grandma Choi asked, looking him up and down. And at his nod she immediately went ahead to hug him, almost choking him with how tight it was.

Jungkook couldn't help but think that for someone as short and petite as her, the grandma sure had a strong grip. He now knew where Sarang got her strength from.

"Aigoo, Jungkook-ah how long has it been since I saw your face? Look how thin you've become." As grandma said this, she hit Jungkook's butt with the spatula she was holding, making him yelp and jump a bit in surprise.

"You promised you'd be over every weekend, why did you not come for so long?" As grandma admonished him, Jungkook kept a smile on his face, finally he hugged her tight.

"I missed you and harabeoji too, sorry that it took me so long to come over halmeoni." And just like that grandma Choi melted. She wrapped her arms around Jungkook, spatula still in hand as she mumbled "as long as you come back, it's all fine."

Grandpa Choi who had been watching from sidelines, joined their hug.

Sarang stood at a distance, watching the wholesome scene unfold. She almost teared up and to change the mellow mood she scoffed a bit.

"One would think he's your grandchild and I'm some stranger he brought home." Though Sarang said this in a mean tone, there was no malice in her voice.

"What do you mean? He is our grandchild." Sarang's grandma said as she affectionately patted his back, the spatula in her hand hitting the back of his head.

Sarang and her grandfather just laughed at Jungkook's little wince before they all moved to sit in the living room.

"Oh halmoni, haraboji, I got something for you, just a minute." Jungkook rushed back to the car and within a minute came back with handful of gifts.

"Ya when did you even prepare all this?" Sarang slightly impressed and slightly surprised asked. He just gave her a wink and shrug.

"Haraboji this is the Ginseng liquor that you like, I bought it sometime ago but finally got the chance to give it you now."

Sarang's grandfather, ever the liquor enthusiast almost jumped around with delight and hugged Jungkook before thanking him.

"Halmoni, beautiful flowers for a beautiful lady." Jungkook presented her a  bouquet of her favorite flowers; peonies and tulips. Grandma Choi accepted the flowers with a beautiful smile and instantly went to place them in a flower vase.

"Jungkook-ah, do you still like dakgalbi? Shall halmoni cook some for you?" Grandma asked excitedly.

"I do! Halmoni I missed your Donkatsu and Gukbap too. Can you please make them for me?" Jungkook said in a pleading tone, his bambi eyes on full display.

"Oh child you don't even have to ask, of course I will make them for you." Grandma, ever eager to feed everyone she could, replied happily.

"Is anyone going to ask what I'd like to eat? Hello? I came home after a long time too?" Sarang sulked in her seat.

But the grandma was already back in kitchen by the time Sarang finished whining.

Jungkook and Sarang spent most of the time chatting with the old couple, often smiling at the obvious love the couple had despite being married for so long. Sarang joked that they behaved like they were newlyweds who were still in their honeymoon phase.

Grandpa Choi let out a booming laugh winking at his wife, while a blushing grandma ran past them into the kitchen muttering something along the lines of "the old man is absolutely insane." But the fondness was so apparent in her voice that everyone knew she meant it in a loving way.

The dinner was a hearty affair as everyone laughed and joked around, more often than not grandma not so subtlety hinting that she wished Jungkook and Sarang would start dating already.

As Sarang and Jungkook made their way back to the dorms, (Sarang had moved into Bighit dorms couple of months ago as she was busy with her schedule and didn't want to disturb her grandparents.)  Jungkook stayed silent the entire drive way back.

When Sarang finally parked her car, she turned towards him and looked at him carefully.

"What happened?" She asked looking at his face for any signs that could give away his feelings.

"Huh?" He looked at her a bit startled.

"You've had this pensive look on your face for an hour now. What are you thinking about?" At this Jungkook finally turned to look at her.

"Your grandparents have such a lovely relationship don't they?"

Sarang smiled fondly, before replying "Yes. Yes they definitely do."

"They look so in love with each other, even after so long after their marriage." He continued.

Sarang unsure where he was heading to, nodded. "That's cause they love each other so deeply. They've known each for more than two-thirds of their life. Besides it's not like after a set amount of years of marriage, your love starts fading right?"

"Do you think-" Jungkook trailed off, looking outside the window.

"Do I think what?"

"Do you think maybe someday, maybe one day I could find that sort of love too?" He whispered while looking at her eyes, searching for the answer he desperately wished he could find.

Sarang sat back in her seat, looking ahead. She was sure that if she stared at him for a minute longer she might end up doing something she knew they both weren't ready for yet. Her heart and brain were in a constant battle.

She had thought that her silly little crush had lessened over the time, but sitting in a car beside him made her realize how wrong she was.

"You will." She replied back in a whisper.

"Huh?"

"You will. We will. We will find a love like that Jungkook." This time she repeated firmly, looking in his eyes for a split second.

He nodded, as if that was all the assurance he needed before he reached forward to squeeze her hand slightly. "We will."

-❤-

A/N:-
Words you might be unfamiliar with;

Haraboji:- Grandfather.

Halmoni:- Grandmother.

Yeobo- Honey, darling (usually used to call your spouse.)

Donkatsu:- A panko breaded, deep-fried pork cutlet.

Dakgalbi:- Spicy stir-fried chicken dish made with boneless chicken pieces, rice cakes, and some vegetables.

Gukbap:- Hot soup with rice.

Jungkook and Sarang have a pretty slow burn romance in this story. I want them to experience every little thing that made them gradually fall for each other. So please bear with me ❣️

Special shoutout to WHYISJINSOAHHHH and dummerthenhell Thank you for voting and commenting 😊💗

-❤-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

480K 10K 65
You get recruited by BigHit to be the fifth member of their new girl group TIGA. Along the way you meet BTS and end up getting close with all of them...
147K 6.2K 30
your best friends are you are very important persons in your life, you share everything with them but what will happen if the person that you trust m...
1.4K 53 44
[Warning: contains sexual content, violence, and maybe hurtful for sensitive readers.] Follow the bizarre lives of three females- The foodie with nev...
322K 7.2K 34
Park Mi-Cha always dreamed of becoming an artist. A makeup artist that is. She herself never wears makeup, but she finds it beautiful on others. Havi...