Beauty is a Beast

Por writer_gone_wild

Kat Howlett is a vigilante. She has had her powers for a long as she can remember, which isn't a very long ti... Mais

Chapter 1: Bank Robbers and New Teachers
Chapter 2: A Game of Kat and Mouse
Chapter 3: Shawarma Anyone?
Chapter 5: SHIELD and the Avengers Initiative
Chapter 6: At Avengers Tower
Chapter 7: Gwen's Bright Idea
Chapter 8: Talks of Redemption
Chapter 9: Hidden Island
Chapter 10: Training and Parties
Chapter 11: Mjolnir and Worth
Chapter 12: Drugged
Chapter 13: A Hero's First Day
Chapter 14: The Gum on Gwen's Shoe
Chapter 15: Ghost of the Past
Chapter 16: The Nightclub Blues
Chapter 17: A Lesson in Lying101
Chapter 18: Can't Be Caged
Chapter 19: Hallucinations
Chapter 20: Chit-Chat
Chapter 21: On The Loose
Chapter 22: One and the Same
Chapter 23: The Hulk Isn't the Only Green One Around
Chapter 24: Jail Break
Chapter 25: The Asgardian King
Chapter 26: The Asgardian Queen
Chapter 27: Taylor's Message
Chapter 28: Warrior Wolf
Chapter 29: Asgardians vs Varulv
Chapter 30: Four Words That Kill
Chapter 31: Avoidance and Love Affairs
Chapter 32: The Pact
Filler Chapter: Trip to the Grocery Store

Chapter 4: Luna the Huntress

9.2K 401 98
Por writer_gone_wild

*Kat's POV*

The glass container I was held in crashed around me and the water poured out of it. The mask was removed from my face and the air hit it all at once. My eyes opened to see a man that I would later know as a friend and father, Logan.

He picked me up as memories slowly poured into me. I was an experiment. There were others like me. Then, I noticed that the man was carrying a boy in his other arm.

Men with what I assumed were weapons started for us and the man stopped. His bones moved under his arms and I knew what that meant.

"I can stand. I'll hold him while you take care of them." I said in the strongest voice I could manage.

Logan put me down and handed me the young boy. He was about 7 years old and I was 12 so holding him wasn't so bad. Logan either killed or knocked out most of the men before he picked us back up and started running.

Then everything changed.

We were with the X-Men, all grown up. The boy, Oliver was now 10 and I was 15. Suddenly, there was a bang and Oliver was on the ground, bleeding out.

I woke up with a start, my wide eyes searching the room for the boy who was like a brother to me. When I realized that I was only dreaming I calmed down a bit. But it wasn't a dream, it really happened.

It was the reason that I left the X-Men that same month and started living in the city. Logan was hesitant to leave me alone, but knew that I could hold my own. So over the years he visited less and less.

Even though it broke my heart I knew that there were kids who needed help understanding their powers. I was just glad that Friday had finally arrived, so Logan should be here this afternoon.

Looking at the clock I noticed that it was 6 in the morning. There was no point in going back to sleep if I was going to wake up in an hour anyway.

I found myself in the training room of my Bunker, beating the nightmare away with a punching bag. More memories followed.

Someone firing a gun at Magneto; him stopping the bullet; it turning on Oliver who followed me; then Oliver on the ground; his grey eyes closing for the last time, never to open again.

The next thing I knew, my claws were out and ripping though the leather of the bag. Sand pooled at my feet as my claw retracted back into my arm. I left the mess to deal with later, not in the mood to clean it up.

***************

"Then what happened?" Gwen asked.

I was telling her about meeting the Avengers Wednesday night. She was doing a science fair thing yesterday so this is the first time I've been able to talk to her without people listening.

Who listens to other people's conversations at lunch?

"Then I check on the girl I saved and left." I finished, then took a bite of my sandwich.

"Do you think they're still suspicious?"

"Oh yeah. Clint told me that I was a hero then went all 'time will tell' on me. It was weird. But I couldn't let that girl die for the sake of my own identity."

"You could have told one of them." Gwen said, as always, pointing something out to me.

"And who knows how much time that could have wasted."

"Let go!" Someone cried out.

My head shot up and saw a crowd gathering in the middle of the courtyard.

"That can't be good." Gwen said as we stood up.

"When is it ever good?" I asked rhetorically.

As we got closer we saw a freshman being held in a headlock by none other than Flash Thompson.

"Oh great. Just what I need." I muttered under my breath.

"Just say it." Flash tried to convince the boy.

"No! Let go!"

"Just admit that they didn't want you. Your real parents didn't want a freak like you."

The freshman was James Lee, he was adopted by Mr. and Mrs. Lee when he was a baby. He was in my painting class. Really talented, if you ask me.

"Hey, Thompson! Why don't you let him go." I said, stepping into the circle of watching students.

It made me sick, people will just stand by but won't do a dang thing because God forbid that they become Flash's next target.

"Well, well. Two freaks. It must be my lucky day."

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size, Eugene?" I taunted, knowing what buttons to push.

Immediately, I got a reaction out of him. James was able to squirm out of his grasp.

"James, go." I ordered, not taking my eyes off of Flash.

He left, knowing that I'd take care of Flash for the both of us.

"What did you call me?" Flash asked threateningly.

"You heard me, Eugene. What are you gonna do about it?"

"I'm not suppose to hurt weak, little girls." Flashed smirked.

"That's funny. I was going to say the same thing to you."

"You should keep your mouth shut. Or maybe I should teach you a lesson."

"Oh no. I'm so scared. Ah, whatever shall I do?" I replied with bland sarcasm.

"That's it." Flash's face was the color of a tomato.

He lunged for me, allowing me to move to my right in order to miss him.

"Oops. Better watch it." I smirked as he got back to his feet.

That's what kept happening. Flash tried to hit me but I dodged every attempt. Soon, he became flushed and his breathing deepened.

"Why don't you take a nap?" I poked his forehead and he fell onto the grass.

His football buddies rushed to him and tried to help him up as I walked back to my table with Gwen by my side.

"Do you think he's learned his lesson yet?" Gwen asked.

"I don't know if he ever will." I said truthfully.

We sat back down and talked about whatever came to out minds, but I felt like I was being watched. When Gwen was looking at her phone, probably texting her boyfriend, Peter, I took the chance to look around.

Brown met brown when Dr. Banner caught my eye. He gave me a small, knowing smile that scared the crap out me even though it wasn't meant to. It meant that he knew. He was putting the puzzle together with pieces I had given him.

*******************

Turns out that Logan wasn't going to be here until first thing in the morning so after I cleaned up my mess from this morning, I decided to go out. The city was calling my name.

I've always loved the hustle and bustle of the city. Thousands of people with their own stories in the same city, under the same sky. Street dancers dance on cardboard made dance floors as I passed or stopped to watch them.

The lights in the city were so bright that you didn't need the stars or the moon to guide you home. That was the only thing I didn't like about the city. You couldn't see the stars. While I wondered around, I listened to my surroundings. Laughing, horns honking, music bursting through speakers, people screaming...

Wait, screaming?

People ran out of the way as a huge muscular man with an army cut hair style threw a taxi that landed in the middle of the road. It was Kraven the Hunter.

He's been after me since he caught my scent three years ago while he was trying to attack Spiderman.

Well, he's back.

"Come out, my little friend! I know your still in this city!" Kraven called out playfully as I backed into a dark alley.

My suit was under my clothes so I had no problem with the sudden wardrobe change. I stuffed my clothes in my backpack once my mask and belt were on. After my bag was hidden for me to retrieve later, I climbed up the ladder to the rooftop to the building next to me.

Kraven was still calling for me, like a little kid playing hide-and-seek.

"Looking for me?" I asked as I stood on the rooftop.

"My pet, why are you so far away?" Kraven pouted.

"I don't know. Maybe because you're insane?" I jumped down from the building and landed gracefully. "Now leave while you have the chance."

"You know I don't give up that easily." Kraven laughed, throwing his head back in the process.

That was a mistake.

I lunged for him, knocking him to the ground. My hands found his wrists as I tried to pin him but he managed of throw me off of him. We were both on our feet in record time. Fists were thrown and blocked as we tried to get the best of one another.

"Enough of this!" Kraven yelled, pushing me away so I slid a good 10 feet away from him.

He pulled out a gun that launched a large net at me. My claws slid out and cut the net into several pieces as it tried to tie me up. Then, after retracting my claws, I landed a punch to Kraven's left.

The unexpected impact knocked him to the ground, allowing me to grab the net gun and shoot it in his direction. Soon, he was tangled in the mess as he tried to escape.

"This isn't over!" Kraven raged on, still struggling.

"Oh, but it is." A mechanical voice said from behind me.

Iron Man was standing there with Thor and the Black Widow. It was weird seeing them suited up when I just had dinner with them the other night.

"Thanks. We've been looking for Kraven for sometime now." Black Widow said.

"We'll take it from here if you don't mind." Iron Man as Thor moved towards Kraven.

"Be my guest. I have no need for him anyway." I said as I began to walk away.

"Wait," I turned back to Iron Man. "What's your name?"

It was the first time someone asked me that question. There was one that Gwen said would have been cool if anyone ever asked me.

"Luna," I answered.

"Arggh!" The sudden outburst made every head snap to Kraven.

He had another net gun. His arms were still tied down to his sides so his wrist was at an odd angle to point the gun at me.

"Really? Haven't we been through this?" I asked sarcastically, but that didn't stop from firing.

Once again my claws connected with the rope but instead of slicing through it, the net sent out an electric shock. It coursed through my body, making me cry out in pain as the net covered me entirely.

There was yelling and a deep laugh that belong to Kraven. The current of electricity stopped after what felt like hours, but that didn't stop me from passing out.

*****************
I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a few days. I've been busy, but great news!

I'm ahead on Beauty is a Beast so, hopefully, more updates more often! *cue confetti*

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I'll be back soon;-)

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1M 28.3K 18
Whilst in combat in the US Army, Ava Richards stormed a terrorist base which contained chemically manipulated gas with extreme side effects; in Ava's...
1.6K 42 20
Amelia Carney has a hallucinating-manipulative power ever since she was 17 (Materializing objects). Amelia tends to find a very specific thrill in li...
50.3K 1.3K 39
Raven, 24 years old, ex well train military and spy living in Washington DC, ex assassin, taking care of her two nephews, now boxing in illegal fight...
25.2K 579 19
Aurora Stark has always been in the spotlight. As the only daughter of Tony Stark, she has been expected to maintain a certain image. But all she tru...