Limitless - Gilmore Girls

By ParisGraystone

If she had an opinion, she wouldn't hesitate to share it with you. If she wanted something, she would find a... More

ACT I
1 - Sadie, Sadie...
2 - Red light on the wedding night
3 - The road trip to Harvard
4 - Presenting Lorelai and Avery Gilmore
5 - The bracebridge dinner
6 - Lazy-Hazy-Crazy days
8 - They shoot Gilmores, Dont they?
9 - a deep fried korean thanksgiving
10 - the big one
11 - A tale of poes and fire
12 - Those are strings Pinocchio
ACT II
2.1 - Ballrooms and Biscotti
2.2 - Avery's first day at Yale
2.3 - Ted Koppels big night out
2.4 - Raincoats and Recipes
2.5 - A messenger, nothing more
2.6 - Written in the stars
2.7 - We got us a pippi virgin
2.8 - The party's over
2.9 - Midnight Memories
2.10 - Wedding bell blues
2.11 - Say Something
2.12- Pulp Friction
2.13 - Live and let diorama
2.14 - But I'm a Gilmore
2.15 - How many kropogs to Cape Cod
2.16 - A house is not a home
Act III
3.1 - The new and improved Lorelai
3.3 - Twenty-one is the loneliest number
3.4 - Let me hear you balalaikas ringing out
3.5 - Friday nights alright for fighting
3.6 - Bridesmaids revisited
3.7 - the real Paul Anka
3.8 - super cool party people
3.9- partings
3.10 - Sweet Sorrows
3.11 - Senior year
3.12 - Avery? Avery?
3.13- Unto the breach
3.14 - Limitless
Infinite

7 - Application anxiety

5.7K 159 14
By ParisGraystone

"This is sublime," Rory says as she, Avery, and Lorelai sat on the couch watching 'The Brady Bunch Variety hour' "It was the golden age of television" Lorelai says, agreeing with her daughter.  "The music, the sets, the costumes," Avery lists "And who knew they could all sing so well," Rory states "And such far out booty shaking abilities," Avery says

    The mailman walks through the front door and sets the mail on the bench. "Mail, ladies"  Avery gets up to get the mail "Thanks Eddie," She says with a smile.  Avery shuffled through the mail as her mother and sister continued to babble on about the Brady Bunch "Oh my god. Rory," Rory looked over at her sister who had an excited smile on her face.

    "Our applications are here," Avery said happily, handing the older twin the application for Harvard, while she continued to beam at her Yale application. "Oh, wow. They're beautiful," Lorelai says standing next to her daughters "Impressive letterage, huh?" Rory inquiries.

***

    The next day Avery was sitting cross legged at Tristan's desk while they worked on their applications together. Or rather, while Tristan worked on his application. Avery was more so staring blankly at it. "Hayden?"  Tristan waved his hand in front of her face, effectively snapping her out of her daze. "What's wrong?"

    "Every time I look at the application every word in the English language disappears from my head." Avery groans. Tristan laughs at the girl a bit. "You're overthinking. Come on, maybe a muffin with help you think," He tells her while pulling her up from the chair.

    The two walked downstairs to be met with Tristan's mom, Elenore Dugray. "Oh, perfect. Tristan, your uncle and cousin just got here. I'd like to introduce them to Avery," She beams "Mom, we need to work on our applications," The tells her. Avery shakes her head and smiles "No, It's fine. I could use a break,"

    Elenore gently grabs Avery's hand and pulls her into the living room with Tristan trailing behind. "Mitcham, this is the girl I was telling you about, Avery Gilmore. Avery, this is my brother Mitcham and his son, Logan," Avery smiles at Logan "We've actually met before, Aunt Elenore,"

    "Oh when?" The woman questions "Logan and his friends gave Tristan and I a tour of Yale," Avery tells her "Yeah, I'd like to think we're partially responsible for Angel's decision in attending," Logan says with a smirk. Avery scrunches her nose at the nickname. "Angel?"

    "Yeah, according to Finn, you are an Angel walking amongst mortals. You're stuck with the name now," Logan tells her. Earning a snort from Tristan in the background, while Avery just nods slowly. 

***

    Avery ended up having dinner with the Dugray's and the Huntzberger's before heading home. The girl no longer had any excuses to procrastinate anymore, so she sat on her bed looking at her Yale application before groaning and falling back against her pillows "Hey, kid. How's the application coming?"

    Avery looks up to see her mother standing in the doorway. The girl sighs and sits back up "I've got everything done, except the most important part. The essay," She says "Really? I didn't think you would get stuck on that part. You love writing, and you're incredible at it,"

    "Writing in my journals and writing this essay are totally different," Avery tells her. Lorelai tilts her head "They don't have to be. And they shouldn't be" The woman tells her daughter "What do you mean?" Avery asks "Hon, you shouldn't be writing any different on this application than you normally would. You should be applying as Avery Gilmore, not the person you think Yale wants you to be. Don't try and limit yourself to what others want you to be" With that Lorelai places a kiss on her daughter's head and leaves the room.

    Lorelai's words run through Avery's mind as she looks at the paper. Suddenly, Avery knew exactly what to write...

***

    Avery walked through the Chilton halls with a big smile on her face, before stopping at Tristan's locker. The boy looks over at her and raises a brow "I take it your writer's block is fixed," He asks. Avery nods rapidly. "Yeah." The girl takes a paper out of her binder and hands it to him "I want you to read it."

    Tristan takes the paper from her "Obviously, I'll read it. But, I don't want my opinion to affect how you feel about it," He tells her. Avery smiles at him "It won't, just read it and you'll understand. Besides, I already sent it in," the girl tells him with a shrug and walks away.

    Tristan watches her walk away and goes to the library to read the girl's essay. The boy sat down and began reading. His eyes were glued to the paper the entire time, he didn't want to stop reading. A smile graced his lips when finished it. He knew Avery was good, but this? This was incredible.

***

     Lorelai and Avery walk into the living room, behind Emily "She's meeting you here?" Emily questions, regarding Rory. "Yeah, she had a thing after school, a rumble or something. She said she'd be over after." Lorelai tells her mother. Avery unsuccessfully stifles a snot, earning a sharp look from her grandmother "So she's meeting you here?" Emily questions her daughter once more

    "Yes, she's meeting us here. Where's dad?" Lorelai huffs. "The magazines," Emily says as she walks away. Avery looks at her mother "That was weird and unresponsive," The girl mutters, Lorelai nodding agreement. Avery and Lorelai walk over to the couch while Emily returns with a stack of magazines. The woman places one of them in Avery's lap before walking to sit across from Lorelai

    "These are college issues of various magazines. I've been collecting them for a couple of months now." Emily tells her daughter. Avery looks down at the one her grandmother had given her to see it was a Yale magazine, she smiles to herself before returning to the conversation.

    "I've unearthed some shocking statistics. I mean, do you have any idea how hot the competition is to get into a school like Harvard?" Emily questions Lorelai "Well, yeah, it's very hot. It's one of the top schools in the country."

    " In the world. People from China, Russia, India, children from every country apply to Harvard. There's more competition than ever before." Emily corrects her daughter. Avery looks at the woman "Grandma, we already know all of this,"

    "With the dot-com bust and the job market dwindling and the stock market going up and down like a yo-yo, everyone and his brother knows the best chance for success and financial security is not just to go to college, but to go to a top college." Emily continues. Lorelai nods and purses her lips "Thank you, got it, appreciate the info."

    "Lorelai, hold on here. What are we gonna do about this?" Emily asks with concern, lacing her voice "Look, there is no we, okay? It's me and Rory and Avery that's the we. I appreciate your concern and your prodigious research, but it's all gonna be fine. Rory's special."

    "Well, you know that and I know that but those idiots at Harvard may not necessarily know that" Emily tells her. "Hello" Rory calls from the hallway. Avery looked down at the Yale magazine and couldn't help but wonder.

    Avery looks up as Lorelai and Rory step out of the living room and into Richard's study, leaving the younger twin alone with her grandmother. Emily looks at Avery with a smile "So, Elenore tells me your friends with the Huntzberger's boy." Avery shakes her head "I wouldn't necessarily say we're friends. More so just friendly,"

"Yes, well the Huntzberger's are a wonderful family. It's good that- What's wrong?" The woman cuts herself short upon seeing the far off look on her granddaughter's face. Avery looks at her grandmother "Do you think I have what it takes to get into Yale? I mean, if you think Rory's chances of getting into Harvard are slim. What chance do I have at Yale?"

    Emily sighs and goes to sit next to the girl and grabs one of her hands "You underestimate yourself, Avery. You have just as good a chance as any. Last night your mother called your grandfather and I and told us about your essay. She said it was incredible. If you'd allow me, I'd love to read it," Avery smiles at her grandma "I'll bring over a copy next week,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 902 60
Rory is a sophomore at Yale when she meets three snobs who think they are better than everyone else just because they have money. She isn't intereste...
19.2K 285 21
"𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐨𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮." "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐥𝐚�...
19.5K 496 66
On paper, they were perfect together. She understood him to levels that no one else did and he worked hard to ensure that she could have the future t...
25.6K 1.1K 28
"𝚒 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝 𝚘𝚛 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐." victoria leigh gilmore was forever in her older twin's shadow. destined for great things but...