κœ±α΄κœ°α΄› κœ±α΄˜α΄α΄› (ON HOLD‼️)

By NeneNoLeakes

During Akari's healing journey he'll find himself revealing to Gwendolyn that he's always had a soft spot for... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE 06/30/23
Description
1: Enjoy The View
2: Grandma's Plan
3: Googly Eyes
4: Girl Like Me
5: Falling Into Place
6: Housewarming
Ch. 6 Filler
7: Mine (Part 1)
7: Mine (Part 2)
8: My Man, My Man
9: Brand New (Part 1)
9: Brand New (Part 2)
10: New Boo. Who You?
Ch. 10 Filler
11: Dreamer
12: Apologies, Fries, & Butterflies
13: Thankful (Part 1)
13: Thankful (Part 2)
14: Cling
15: Every Part Of Me
16: Daddy
17: Figure It Out
19: All Is Fair...
Ch. 19 Filler
20: With Friends Like These..
21: The Camping Trip: On The Road
22: The Camping Trip: Uninvited Ex
23: The Camping Trip: Piece Of Advice
Ch. 23 Filler
A/N
24: But I Want You...
25: Situationships
26: Real
27: Happy Birthday
28: You're Always Welcome Here (Part 1)
28: You're Always Welcome Here (Part 2)
29: Son
30: Water Is Thicker Than Blood
31: Coping
32: Accountability
33: Picture Perfect
34: [T]ender [L]oving [C]are

18: Ain't Too Proud To Beg

2.5K 200 188
By NeneNoLeakes

Not gon' lie I damn near forgot about y'all. Be sure to vote/comment on this story and the new one. An update is coming for that one.

• •

3 days later...

Saturday | 10:46 a.m.
July 27, 2013

Omniscient
"I just can't believe someone as old as him would act like a child and not step up and take care of his responsibilities. Can you believe he has the nerve to ask for a damn DNA test as if his overgrown ass wasn't the one sleeping with my daughter?" Candace's mother Marie vented to Miss Gwen over the phone.

"I'm so sorry to hear that." Miss Gwen said. "I don't understand these young men today. They lay up and make babies and don't want to take responsibility for the children. I feel for Candace. At a time like this, I wish she and GiGi were still friends. They've always had each other's backs."

"I do too but can you blame Candace for not wanting to continue a friendship after what happened? You do know what happened, right?" Marie questioned.

"I do." Miss Gwen responded. She'd learned about the fight from Gwendolyn once they'd gotten back on speaking terms after Miss Gwen had laid hands on her for disrespecting her. She could've jumped all over Gwendolyn for doing what she'd done to Candace but what good would that have done? She listened but she figured that talking to/at Gwendolyn wouldn't change anything. Instead, she decided to let her sit with her regrets so she could take a long hard look at herself and how she'd been treating the people around her who genuinely cared about her and loved her.

It wasn't uncommon for Miss Gwen and Marie to talk on the phone. They'd known each other since Candace and Gwendolyn had first become friends years ago. The girls lived differently but they'd never treated each other bad.

Candace's family weren't rich but they lived well. When she and Gwendolyn had met in ninth grade Gwendolyn was skeptical about being friends with someone like Candace because Gwendolyn's mother Nafessa didn't have much. She was a struggling single mother who turned tricks and worked a full-time job. Yet it still didn't help much. Gwendolyn's grandmother and grandfather always helped the best they could but their daughter never really let on to how bad things really were. The bills couldn't stay paid and the utilities were constantly getting turned off because she'd developed a gambling addiction. She'd suffered from depression throughout Gwendolyn's high school years until she decided to end it all during her senior year.

"It's a crying shame. At a time like this Candace could use a friend. She hangs with some girls from that community college she goes to here and there but I can tell she's only doing that because she doesn't have Gwendolyn around anymore." Marie said.

"I know they probably won't like it but maybe we can all have dinner together tomorrow night. Those two are too stubborn to kiss and make up on their own so maybe if someone else steps in—"

"Oh you ain't said nothing but a word Miss Gwen. Dinner at my place tomorrow night at 7?"

"I'll bring the expensive wine. See you then." Miss Gwen said before ending the call.

• •

7:18 p.m.

Later that night...

Gwendolyn Shafer
"You don't think it's not enough, do you? I didn't want to get too dressed up in case where he's taking me isn't too over the top." I stood awkwardly, waiting for Seven's opinion. "Then again I didn't want to be too underdressed either in case—"

"G?" Seven laughed.

"Huh?"

"Relax. Girl you look great. You've been talking about this guy for the last two months now and I can't wait until I finally meet him so I can tell him." She told me as she opened a bag of chips, making her way over to the living room. I followed and took a seat on the sofa opposite from her as I nervously played with my fingers.

"What's wrong G? I know you're nervous but you aren't doubting yourself, are you?" She asked me.

"It's nothing like that," I said.

"Then what is it?" She perked up on the sofa before stuffing some chips in her mouth. As she did so, she stared at me with wide eyes as if she was watching a movie she couldn't tear her eyes away from.

"It's...it's Akari." I sighed. "Three days ago I might've accidentally admitted to telling him I loved him. And before you get all giddy, I've told him before but it was when he was unconscious and couldn't hear me."

I watched as Seven took a deep breath obviously trying to contain her excitement. She took another deep breath and then when a few more seconds had passed she decided to speak. It must've taken everything in her not to jump up and down about this. "Okay, so what was his reaction? Did he say it back? What's up?" She placed the chips on the table, no longer taking interest in them.

"That's the thing." I started. "There was no reaction. We just continued the conversation we'd been having before I'd said it. It was as if he'd ignored it, hadn't really paid attention to what I'd said, or just didn't give a fuck because he doesn't feel the same. I don't want to make tonight awkward by bringing it up but it's eating at me ya know?"

"Damn friend. You're crazy about this guy huh?"

"Yeah." I dropped my head. Suddenly I could feel all the things I'd felt about myself 8 months ago starting to creep back in. I started to wonder if he liked me as much as I liked him. Had he only seen me as a friend? The guy had asked me on a date for God's sake. That should've answered that question for me but hell...sometimes it was hard to read Akari.

I couldn't even say we were on some friends-with-benefits type shit because he turned me down every chance he got. Had I been decent in bed the last time we'd done something? Was he leading me on like he'd done before when Yasmine had shown up while I was chilling at his place? Was that it? Was he dealing with her again? Oh my God.

"Get out of your head G." Seven stood from the couch and walked over to the one I was sitting on, taking a seat beside me. "Don't start questioning yourself or that guy. I've never met him before but from the way you always talk about him and how you've described him I feel like I know him." She told me.

"I just—"

I was interrupted by the sound of my phone dinging indicating I had some type of notification. I sighed and rifled through my purse to see who/what it was. It was Akari's name and I quickly unlocked the phone to see what the message said.

Kari: Please don't hate me mama. Something important came up that I have to take care of. Not saying that you're not important too but this is an emergency. I'm gonna have to take a rain check on our date tonight. I'll explain everything as soon as I can. Pleaseeee don't hate me for ruining our night. Please, baby 🥺🤞🏾
Received 7:28 p.m.

"Great. Just fucking great." I slammed my phone down on the coffee table and stood. "This never fails." I placed my hand on my hip and started to pace.

"What's going on?" Seven asked worriedly. "Was that Akari?"

"Why the fuck do I even try?" I laughed to myself as I continued to pace. Like always I'd gotten my hopes up for something only for it to go bad.

"GiGi?" Seven stood. "What's up?"

"It's nothing." I walked away, heading to the bathroom so I could be alone to process being let down. I felt like a fucking fool.

• •

9:42 p.m.

Omniscient
As Seven waited at their table, Gwendolyn recorded herself in the mirror of the restaurant restroom. If they'd brought Seven's cousin Philip along, Seven and Gwendolyn would normally go to the restroom in twos. However, when it was only the two of them, they didn't trust leaving their food or drinks unattended so one of them would wait at the table until the other returned.

Her date might've gotten canceled tonight but she was happy she'd still gotten out of the house thanks to Seven encouraging her to still get out. She didn't know why Akari had canceled their date and she'd tried not to think that it was because of what she'd said three days ago. She was thrilled when Seven handed her a fake ID. The same night she and Gwendolyn had left another restaurant a few days ago, she'd contacted someone she knew about making them some fake IDs. Gwendolyn had had two glasses of wine but that hadn't done anything for her. She wasn't a drinker but she found herself needing something a bit stronger. Since they had fake ID's she'd suggested to Seven that they hit a club after dinner.

She was about to exit the restroom when she got an Instagram notification. It appeared that Akari had commented on the photos she'd posted before leaving her apartment.

❤️💬
769 likes
thickkmama Heading out tonight. Plans changed but I didn't. 💅🏽 I refuse to waste an outfit.😌
View all 34 comments
thegrassman I'll make it up baby. Promise. 🫶🏾🥺💐

Yeah right. She closed the app and stuffed her phone into her purse before heading out of the restroom. As if being upset with one nigga wasn't enough she noticed the one person she never wanted to see again.

"Bae? That's you?" Tre smiled as he waited outside the men's restroom.

"Oh hell no." Gwendolyn rolled her eyes as she attempted to walk off. He grabbed her hand and she turned around. "Tre..." She huffed, annoyed with his presence and him already. "Don't start with me. Let me go."

"My bad love." Tre let her go, putting his hands up in surrender. "Gahhhdamn." His eyes scanned every inch of her body before he looked into her eyes. "You so fucking cold." He said.

"Bye Tre." She turned and he grabbed her hand again. She turned around and looked at the grip he had on her hand before looking at him. He let go.

"I don't mean to keep grabbing you. I just wanna talk to you for a sec love."

"I'm good." Gwendolyn folded her arms. "If you're trying to apologize for putting your hands on me you can save that. I don't give a fuck. It's one thing to not know how to fuck but it's another to put hands on a bitch." Gwendolyn mouthed off. She thought it would've offended him but instead, Tre laughed.

"Oh, I know how to fuck. I was just excited to be fucking you. You don't think I know I bussed fast? You don't think I know I didn't make you? Why do you think I invited you into the shower? Insulting me but acting like you didn't squirt and run is wild to me." He informed her. "I don't wanna talk about that though. I know it felt like I was on some stalker shit after—"

"You hit me." Gwendolyn cut him off.

"I was just trying to apologize baby. I couldn't not apologize to you. You didn't deserve what I did to you. You're a good girl G. A beautiful woman. Hell, I'm still crazy about you if we're being honest."

"No, you're just crazy." Gwendolyn turned to walk away. Tre quickly walked around her and got in front of her, placing his hand on her waist.

"How can I make it up? Can we go somewhere and talk? Just talk."

"Nope."

"What I gotta do? Get on my knees in public? You know a nigga ain't never been scared to beg." He said, earning a small smile from her she looked away. She quickly looked at him when he took her by the hands and got down on his knees. "Gwendolyn Loren Shafer, can we please talk? I'll be a good boy. What you want me to do? Kiss ya feet? Hm?" He let her hands go and got lower to kiss her feet before standing on his knees again.

"Tre!" She said in shock, looking around in embarrassment as her cheeks heated up.

"Pleaseeeee." He grabbed her hands again.

"Listen, I don't have time for this. Get up. You're embarrassing me and yourself. I have to get back to my friend."

"Who? I'll join y'all." He stood, dusting himself off. Gwendolyn squinted her eyes. For as long as she'd known Tre he'd always been persistent. It was how he'd gotten her in high school. He wasn't afraid to embarrass himself in public either. At least not for her. If he was here then he must've been out with someone so she didn't understand why he'd want to sit with her and Seven.

"Aren't you out with someone?" Gwendolyn questioned, walking around him. As she headed off, she made her way to her table and Tre was walking so close behind her you'd think he was her shadow. Seven arched a brow. The way Tre had grabbed a seat from another table and put it at theirs, she assumed that this was Akari.

"I told you no. Oh my God." Gwendolyn frowned, growing even more annoyed with him.

"Actually you didn't. You asked me if I was out with someone. Nobody important. I am now." Tre smiled. "My bad..." He looked at Seven, extending his hand. "I'm Trevon. Gwen's man." He introduced himself.

• •

Would've been longer but I rushed it for y'all. Bye. 🫠

Hey Tre 🤝

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.7K 2.1K 23
Martina is not just big boned. No: She's more than that. Ever since she was little, Martina has had 'big bones'. Of course, having a low self-estee...
206K 5.7K 61
"I need you to be the put together one because I'm so fucked up. You've saved me." He whispers. "Carter, we saved each other." I mutter looking at hi...
3.3K 96 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...