Eternal love

By sundas1705

Short stories collection where love and characters lives.... join various couples and families in their journ... More

Introduction
Dil Ka Rishta❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
Epilogue ❤️
Dil Ka Rishta ❤️ bonus chapter
Vasl... Union 💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
Epilogue 💞
bonus chapter 💞
Ishq Kamal 💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
Epilogue 💘
Ishq Kamal 💘 bonus chapter
Raabta💓 (sequel of Vasl 💞)
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
Epilogue 💓
bonus chapter💓
Special bonus chapter 💓
Part # 1
Part # 2
New Stories (Prologues)
Qurbat ❣️
Chapter # 1❣️
Chapter # 2❣️
Chapter # 3❣️
Chapter # 4❣️
Chapter # 5❣️
Chapter # 6❣️
Chapter # 7❣️
Chapter # 8❣️
Epilogue ❣️
Muntazir✨
Chapter # 1✨
Chapter # 2✨
Chapter # 3✨
Chapter # 4✨
Chapter # 5✨
Chapter # 6✨
Chapter # 7 ✨
Chapter # 8✨
Chapter # 9✨
Chapter # 10✨
Chapter # 11✨
Epilogue ✨
Bonus Chapter ✨ (Daima & Adam special)
Fitoor 🥰
Chapter # 1 🥰
Chapter # 2 🥰
Chapter # 3 🥰
Chapter # 4 🥰
Chapter # 5 🥰
Chapter # 6 🥰
Chapter # 7 🥰
Chapter # 8 🥰
Chapter # 9 🥰
Epilogue 🥰
Bonus chapter 🥰
𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧!!
Muntazir 💫 (Rewritten)
Chapter # 1 💫
Chapter # 2 💫
Chapter # 3 💫
Chapter # 4 💫
Chapter # 5 💫
Chapter # 6 💫
Chapter # 7 💫
Chapter # 8 💫
Chapter # 9 💫
Chapter # 11💫
Chapter # 12 💫
Chapter # 13 💫
Chapter # 14 💫
Chapter # 15💫
Chapter # 16 💫
Epilogue 💫
Q & A ?! ( your question, my words)

Chapter # 10 💫

2.8K 180 183
By sundas1705

Hazrein Nazerin... Dekhti ankhoo aur parhne walo ko Mera Salaam...

How are you all? Hopefully doing well.

Yes early update because I am crazy. I think I should take my drafts away or do something because I am being too kind.

13k+ words. So a veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy long update.

Keep supporting and loving ❤️

Enjoy the update

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

محسوس کرنے کے لئے پیار ہونا ضروری ہے؟
محبت سے پہلے اُسکا اظہار ہونا ضروری ہے ؟

Mehsoos krne ke liye pyaar hona zaroori ha?
Mohabbat se pehle uska izhaar Hona zaroori ha?

(Written by me)

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

Two weeks later

His eyes followed her as she moved around with the bowl in her hand while she try to find something in the polythene bag in her hand.

He sighed as he noticed how she was looking paler today, the dark circles under her eyes more prominent, her lips chapped but still pinkish.

Even her body was slacking and it irritated him. Knowing that she was not only tiring herself physically but mentally, as the idea didn't settle well with him.

He immediately moved his eyes away when she caught him staring with a frown on her face but then resume her work while he leaned back as his mind went back to the past few days.

After that night Umer didn't come back, he tried sneaking multiple times but Pops was already around and even after trying many times to trick him, nothing helped.

Murad was relieved and distressed about the situation, relieved because he doesn't know how he will pretend to sleep when all he wanted to do was complain about what he lost.

But he was distressed because he wanted to know more. It's what distance and loneliness made you. He was deprived of that attention, care, and belonging that Umer's words made him feel.

Yet he doesn't want that illusion of temporary time for himself. But his stupid heart still yearns for care and words like a thirsty man wants the oasis in the scorching heat of deserts.

At that, he was stunned when he woke up the next day to witness something that blow his mind away.

In his 13 years of loner life, he never thought he will one day woke up with Mannat sitting beside him as she leaned over the bed deep in sleep.

He thought Pops was teasing him when he woke up, but seeing her beside him was a joy and torture for his few found feelings.

It bring him joy that she was there, that she care. That she didn't hate him like everyone, that she will stay. But at the same time, it reminds him why he came back.

It was confusing for him too, he didn't think that knowing Mannat, seeing her, and being around her will make him go back on his words and actions.

And then Jannat joined the shock express when she apologized for being rude to him but she promised to make it up and take care of him, as well as torture her husband on his behalf.

An offer that Pops loved more than Murad, but Jannat was more than happy to join hands with Pops.

In the past two weeks, he saw too much. Even Sanam called apologizing tremendously and complaining about Pops giving her too much work so she can't come back to visit.

But she promised that she will hold the fort till they return, and it didn't bring back the peace that he thought it will.

Because with each passing day, his heart was drowning in the abyss of something deep and dark that he can't understand.

"Your dinner,"

His heart snapped at her words when she placed the food on the moveable table and put everything beside it while moving back.

His eyebrows furrowed when he looked down at the homemade food that Jannat came to deliver a few moments ago.

It was only them in the room, but his confusion got the best of him and he glared at the bowl of the meal with annoyance as he voice out his irritation that got her attention.

"Why?"

"You need something else?"

This time Mannat frowned looking at him and then at the food, but he was getting more frustrated.

"No... Why are you doing this?"

"Because you need it. Phupho jaan and pops Alam went to send Janna off. They will join you after filling out the discharge papers and discussing further treatment with your doctor-,"

She shrugged nonchalantly as she answered him, but he was not listening to it.

Even he didn't feel jealous when she called Pops with that new name that Pops loved whenever she address him with. It was like he was not repulsed by the idea of adding her to their little family.

Mannat spends each moment talking with Pops, phupho Jaan, and Jannat as they give him company while his fragile heart was not able to take this illusion because whenever he saw this little happy family, all flashbacks of lonely nights, nightmares and tears come back to him.

But her presence was like a salve to his wounds. She is filling each wound and gap with her selflessness, respect, care, and time and it's scaring him.

"No! Why are you still here Mannat?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"The kind that you are avoiding,"

His molars grounded as he sighed in frustration, he knew he shouldn't question her about this but he wants to know. His heart wants to know why she stays.

He thought she will see him and leave, but he didn't expect her to stay beside him all day and night. She only leaves on pops insistence otherwise she spends hours taking care of him.

He didn't want to admit but her care, her staying in front of him, her words, her way of talking like she was scolding him with the right like she knows what was best for him.

And he didn't even know what was best for him and his heart if she stays beside him as he is starting to see the change in his heart and soul whenever she is around.

Mannat glared hard at the wall before taking a deep breath and looking at him who was killing the cooked meal with his eyes.

"I am not avoiding anything,"

"Then why stay here? At what cost? Do you want to lose them too? This is stupid-,"

"Btaya toh tha... Choddh dena asaan hota ha,"

His eyes snapped towards her as soon as the words escaped her mouth and their eyes clashed with different emotions.

Mannat's eyes had understanding and Murad's eyes had confusion yet the recognition was evident when her words registered in his mind.

It was not easy for her to put her life on hold, stay away from everyone, ignoring them just to make sure that he survived.

But she knew what she had to do. Guilt is the biggest enemy of any man breathing and living, and Mannat was no less human as she felt the emotion more than anyone.

Knowing he experienced hurt, pain, and torment after everything, she didn't bring herself to give him more stress. But she was also going through multiple emotions after that day.

The moment pops called them that he was up, she was relieved that he will live. But she didn't stay beside him with just guilt in her mind, her heart was not letting her stay away from him.

It was not able to take his absence, it hurt without his once glance and find peace when he was in front of her. Even when he sleeps under the influence of medication, she sits beside him eyeing his chest which goes up and down with each breath and that little action brings so much peace to her.

She knew she was being paranoid and stupid for it, but she can't understand. This was different than the previous time before she wants to be with him.

Now she wants him to live, just be happy that he will live. Even if he doesn't want to live with her, she wants to capture each moment before he goes away this time.

"I am just doing what I know is right. But if it's bothering you then I won't disturb you-,"

Sighing dejectedly at his frowning self, she open her mouth but he was quick to cut her off.

"No- it's just- I don't want you to hate them because of me. Main toh chala jaoga, but you shouldn't push them away because of me,"

That's the pain that cut her apart. The pain of him leaving again, she didn't know if this is what love feels like. Because she thought it was wishing to have something, something that you lack.

That was the illusion with which she linked her love for Murad. But now she is understanding that love is not about having someone. It's all about losing that one person who becomes your everything.

Murad presence, his actions, his words, and his care even when he never expressed himself openly, was something that bring Mannat back to the conclusion that she loved the idea of having someone to love.

But after getting the taste of Murad's affection and his claims, she was in an inner turmoil to let go.

"Jaise sab ki zindagi se Jana ya rehna apka faisla ha... Waise hi yaha rukna Mera. I am responsible for my loss. You don't worry for me,"

She mustered up all her courage to respond with a meek smile but he just shook his head with a mocking tone as he looked at her with piercing eyes.

"Yeah, easier said than done. I won't let you do it. Mere liye kis kis ko chodho gi? Apne Baba ko? Ke mama ko? Ke Umer ko? Ke us nakaam- I mean Adam ko?"

"Who said I am doing this for you?"

Before he can say something else, she stopped him with a question that shook him but Mannat was not letting him continue as she gazed at him with strong emotions and powerful words.

"What?-"

"Jitna nuqsaan apka hua ha, utna hi Mera bhi hua ha. Apke 13 saal haqeeqat main guzre, aur mere ek sairaab main. Bas usi Ka dukh mana rahi ho. Jab dukh kaam hoga, tab usko jatane aur dekhane Ka tareeka bhi khatam ho Jayega,"

"Aur Dard?"

"What about it?"

Mannat knew what he meant but she wanted him to ask again, and he did just that.

"Wo Kabhi khatam hoga?"

"Apka hua?"

Her question left him stunned but he already knew this woman had a way with words that left him speechless each time.

Shaking his head as his gaze was fixed on her painful smile that adore her face but he didn't look away. There was something so captivating and enchanting about her, that he can't pull away from her.

"Nahi,"

"Then you already know the answer... I am not pushing them away, I am giving myself and them some space so I won't hurt them with my words and the anger I feel in my bones. Gussa toh kaam ho jata ha waqt ke Saath, Dard aur dukh Nahi hota. And no one knows it better than you,"

She smiled a little more as she picked up the bag to sort the few books that pops bought for her so she won't get bored.

That man sure did love her, as they bonded in the past two weeks so much that now they don't feel like strangers.

Without looking up from the books and magazines, she spoke in a quiet voice that bring peace and chaos to his heart.

"Esi liye Bola tha... Chodhhna asaan hota ha. Sahi waqt aur halaat Ka muntazir rehna Nahi... Now have your meal, thanda ho Raha ha,"

Leaving him to his wits, she was going to sit down with the book that she pretended to read while his gaze weighs her senses down when he suddenly asked in a serious tone.

"You have something?"

"I will later,"

"Then I will eat later too,"

She looked up at his frustrated voice and was not shocked to see that big baby pout on his lips as he crossed his hands over his chest.

She almost rolled her eyes at his actions, this was definitely not the first time he was acting like this.

"Why are you acting like a child? Eat your food,"

"Why would I? Mujhe Nahi Khana. I am done eating alone. It's weird,"

In the past two months, Mannat witnessed too many shades of Murad Hamdani.

The vengeful Murad, the guilty Murad, the chaotic Murad, the defensive Murad, the claiming Murad, the protective Murad, the caring Murad, the hateful Murad, the angry Murad, but this baby Murad was something she only saw after his accident.

He was not ashamed of showing his tantrums and each time it did something to her heart, unaware that his heart was too rebelling against his will.

"You know baby you were far better than you baby,"

Both forget how they were discussing serious emotions and feelings a few moments ago. This was the progress they had in the past two weeks.

They can talk with each other switching from serious to mischievous in nanoseconds and there was no awkward moment except those teasing sessions by Pops and Jannat or their intense eyes contacts here and there.

Murad's pout disappeared as soon as she said that and now he started to glare at her with a hint of mischief and adoration in his eyes.

"You didn't see me as a baby. I did though, you were a cute baby... you still are,"

"I heard from Mama... She always talks about you and your childhood memories-,"

Ignoring the teasing tone, she spoke with a soft smile but immediately stopped when his smile vanished and he sobered up.

"She does? Doesn't she?"

Mannat wanted to keep quiet and not say anything else for a moment. But one look at his dejected face and his blank eyes and she knew that he had to know what she was going to say.

"She did... I don't remember a day when she didn't miss you. Or cook your favorites, sit in your room and cry for hours, clean it daily in the hope that one day you will come to her, or plead you to come back as she hugged your photograph. She once said that she name you Murad because you were an answer to her many prayers. Believe it or not, Everyone in that house does remember you and miss you. Some have ways of showing and some hide it well. I know you rather not hear this, lekin 13 saal agar apke liye adhure thay toh yaha bhi koi mukamal Nahi tha,"

"Are you taking their side, Mano?"

Her words halted at that broken voice and the nickname, he was very often using it while he address her, especially when they were alone. But it was still shocking to hear it.

Gulping the raw emotions that grip her soul tight, she passed him a miserable smile with a shake of her head and sigh again.

"Nope, I am just telling you what my heart wants to say and what I think you need to hear,"

"I don't... They never understand me-,"

"If I can understand your pain and hurt for 13 years without seeing you, then how can I ignore what I see with my eyes for all those years? I know they were all selfish and wrong in their ways. Lekin achayi main ya burayi main, ek pal bhi apko Nahi bhula koi,"

And just like that, they keep looking at each other with millions of unsaid words, thoughts, feelings, and emotions locked inside their heart while their eyes keep exchanging more than their words can.

Murad saw when a traitor tear escape her eye breaking all the barriers that she put up and it tore him apart. He can't believe that he came here to free her from this forced relationship and now even her one tear was ruining his peace.

While Mannat just looked at the man who spend years alone because their own family hurt him too deeply to heal himself. She ached like she can feel his anguish herself.

Maybe she can, because she had spent all her life thinking that her mother hated her, that she despise her Baba and her. She spend years in fear that Jannat will hate her because she had to go away.

A thought always haunts her, she did love the idea of loving Murad. But she loves the idea of loving his pain and wounds more.

Just as they keep looking at each other, talking about what can't be said and whispering what can't be heard. Someone opened the door and they heard pops cheerful voice and immediately looked away.

"Hello, my children... Did you miss your pops?"

"I do,"

Mannat wiped her tear and put a big smile on her lips as she welcomed the duo who were like the second parents she had.

While Murad glared at Pops for interrupting their moment for the nth time but Pops just grinned back unaware of what happened.

"He was literally here 30 minutes ago,"

Everyone's eyes moved to Murad who didn't bother changing his expression or the intensity of his glare but pops just ignore his grumpiness.

"you are just jealous of me and my doll love, green is not your color champ,"

"Yeah right,"

Before Pops can continue his teasing, Hadiya beghum came to his rescue, and that makes Pops roll his eyes.

"Don't irritate him. Murad, you didn't have your dinner. What did I tell you, Manna?"

Then Hadiya beghum eyes fell on the untouched food and she moved her questioning gaze towards Mannat but Murad was quick to respond which earn him an amused look from Pops as he ignored him.

"It was my fault- I didn't want to eat alone,"

"Why alone? She was here, right?"

"Wo- phupho Jaan bhuk Nahi thi-,"

Mannat stutters hesitantly because she doesn't want to get scolded by her phupho Jaan who was already narrowing her concerned gaze on her.

"Mannat... This is not good, beta. You are not well already,"

"WHY? WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?"

"ARE YOU OK!?"

Just as those words left Hadiya beghum's mouth, two very shocked and surprised voices filled the room.

Pops and Murad spoke simultaneously as their confused eyes snapped towards Mannat who groaned at the attention.

"I am- just a little fever,"

"What!? Little fever? Young lady, you better get that bum on that couch and still down,"

"Pops Alam-,"

Mannat was going to argue and whine but phupho Jaan stopped her because Pops was already moving her towards the couch with urgency in his moves.

"Don't even bother... He won't listen,"

"Pops get the doctor,"

Pops nodded at Murad's disquieting words, he was close to joining Pops and seeing for himself if she was alright, but knowing that phupho Jaan will murder him. He sticks to his place but followed them with his eyes attentively.

"No! There is no need-,"

Mannat again tried to stop their frantic actions with reassuring words but they both growled together which shook her.

"STOP TALKING! YOU ARE NOT WELL!"

As pops made her sit on the couch and dash towards the door to call for doctors and nurses. And Murad was busy giving accused eyes to her that were drilling holes in her head, she looked at Hadiya beghum baffled.

"Are they crazy?"

"Probably,"

After gathering the whole medical team in the name of the emergency, they made sure that all possible tests were performed on her as well as she was treated with extreme care.

A nurse gulped standing far away, as he can still feel the murderous waves coming from the two men.

He was just doing his work as he took her blood sample, but the slightest flinch from her was enough to send both men into a craze.

Pops spat at him for being careful, while Murad was ready to pounce on the poor man. Mannat rolled her eyes at their exaggeration while Hadiya beghum just enjoyed and observed pops craziness and Murad's possessiveness about the woman who they wanted to remove from Murad's life.

Their reactions were not different from each other but there is still something new about what she saw in Murad's eye. She was still not sure what amused her more.

Mannat moved her narrowed eyes toward the two men as soon as the last nurse left the room, the poor male nurse was the first to leave because he can't handle their glares anymore.

"See... I told you, I am good,"

"We will see that after your test results,"

"Says the man who is in the hospital bed,"

Pops and phupho Jaan looked between them with amused smirks because there was no hesitation or awkwardness as they counter each other well.

"At least I am not fighting the medical procedure,"

"It's a minor fever... I am not dying-,"

"DON'T YOU DARE COMPLETE THAT,"

Murad was quick to stop her as he glared hard but she didn't back down and clashed with his fervor head-on.

"Or you will do what? Put me in an identical hospital bed?"

"That's a good idea,"

The smirk on Murad's face put her nerves on fire but before they can kill each other, Pops was quick to jump and grab their attention.

"Yeah right, Then we both old people can take care of you two young and annoying ones,"

"Not you too,"

"Hey, you should have told us. See how pale you look. We should definitely get you that bed to rest-,"

"Yes, get it-,"

Mannat groaned in annoyance at their plans and looked at her phupho Jaan with pleading eyes who knew what to do and Mannat smiled big.

"If you two don't stop this moment, I am gonna beat you both. Stop torturing my girl. It's a little temperature fluctuation, she is tired, she will be good after a full night's rest,"

"yeah, phupho Jaan is right,"

"Then you both should go home-,"

Mannat shook her head instantly when Murad suggested that they go home.

"Nope, not happening,"

"Mannat-,"

"No,"

He moved his glare towards Pops who gulped hard, they exchanged a few death threats and pleaded through eye contact.

Finally pops sighed, giving a sugary smile to phupho Jaan but only huffed in annoyance after he got his answer.

"Hadi-,"

"No Alam...,"

"You both are so stubborn,"

Murad and Pops spoke at the same time with the same narrowed eyes but their opponents give them the same look but with big smirks on their faces.

"Says you two...,"

Knowing that they won't listen to whatever they say, his eyes again snapped towards Mannat who looked sick, now he understands why she was paler than usual and the mere thought of her not being well was like a heat of lava spread through his veins.

"Then get me out of this bloody hospital so she can bloody rest,"

"Yeah, I will tell my assistant to book us a good penthouse till you are good enough to travel back-,"

"If you touch that phone, I will make sure you won't have either phone or ears to make that call,"

Pops eyes got wide at the threat and he gulped knowing she will not hesitate to do it.

"But we have to... He is getting discharged tomorrow,"

"He will live in Hamdani house,"

But his fear and anxiety immediately got replaced by anger and frustration as he shook his head, putting his hands on his waist with the challenge in his eyes.

Murad breath got stuck in his lungs at the words while Mannat was just tracing his features for the shock.

"Oh what about hell to the no? I am not allowing that,"

"And you think Mannat will get any rest if she has to move here and there,"

Murad eyes clashed with her blank ones, he wants to protect his heart, and her too. He bit his lips before opening his mouth to say something that will hurt him more but phupho Jaan didn't give him the chance.

"She doesn't have to-,"

"Complete that, now I dare you,"

She scowl with so much intensity that Murad looked down conflicted but Mannat's eyes didn't move away.

"God, you are a scary woman,"

Pops pulled his hair as he looked at Hadiya beghum scared out of his wits. But she was not backing down without a fight.

"If the purpose is served,"

"But seriously Hadi... I am not letting him stay with those- those people. They have hurt him enough,"

"It's his house too-,"

"He didn't feel at home with them-,"

"And he won't be able to anywhere else. I am not telling him to forgive anyone. I am just saying, it's his house. And he needs as much attention and care to get better. It will be good for us too. I and the twins can always give him company,"

"Yeah, no-,"

Pops shook his head because he can agree to anything she said. Even if she told him to jump from Burj khalifa without any safety, he will. But he won't jeopardize Murad's mental health in that house.

"I know you won't let anyone near him, but I think a house environment is far better than any penthouse. He needs a home to heal,"

"Yes, a home where those people don't belong,"

Hadiya beghum already saw the challenge in pops eyes and the stiffness of his stance. She knew what she had to do and say to get his attention.

She smirked mentally because she knew how to handle this man, and that's when the last statement got his attention.

"But a home where he should stay until he is recovered to make his final decision... And you can torture everyone with your words and avenge your champ. What's better than to live under the same roof and torture them each second,"

Pops got silent with her words and Murad's wide eyes immediately moved towards his phupho Jaan who was looking at Pops like challenging him to deny her now.

He knew what was cooking inside pops mind, as he shook his head but it was already too late.

"There will be no avenging-,"

"Now that you put it like that... Okay, we will go to Hamdani house tomorrow,"

Murad groaned at that statement while Mannat's nervous eyes meet Hadiya beghum who had a victorious glint in her eyes.

"He looks scary,"

"Oh, you have seen nothing,"

With that words, they looked at Pops who was grinning wider than the Cheshire Cat and Joker combined.

...............

Next Day

"When will they come? Umer ask the driver please,"

Umer pinched his nose bridge looking at his mother who was frantically pacing the living room with one eye on the door and the other on the wall clock.

No one told them about Murad coming home, not directly. But Jannat's excitement comes in handy for once as she was instructing Shafi Bhai ko clean Murad's room and the guest room for pops this morning.

Since then Shameen beghum was pacing the living room as everyone saw her after two weeks of silence.

Umer looked at Adam who was sitting on the recliner chair lost in his thoughts. His heart was holding the same guilt that haunts Umer for two weeks now.

He daily try to sneak to the hospital but Shah Fakharuddin Alam was guarding it with more compassion than any royal guard at Birmingham palace door.

Moving his gaze to his father, he immediately looked away because it was still difficult to look for the same man who was responsible for their ruination.

Shafiq Hamdani looked pained himself, the man was facing the same fate that he once forced on his son. His old heart was not able to handle it, as he was experiencing various chest aches for weeks now but kept mum about it.

Finally, his eyes settled on Mirza Sahab who looked dangerously pale and thin. He can understand what his uncle was going through because even when Mannat didn't complain about anything, her silence was killing them all more than Murad's words did.

Shaking his wandering thoughts, he looked at his mother who was dying to hold her elder son. She holds her back for so long and now she can't wait.

Holding her hand and turning her moving self to face him. He tried to calm her down but they heard the car horn and she smiled big.

"Mama... Relax, I asked him. They are almost home-,"

"Aa Gaye... Mera bacha aa Gaya,"

He bit his lips at his mother's excitement and everyone else too get alert. They got up to stand with different emotions on their faces.

But Umer doesn't know what kind of storm they will face now. They waited for a few minutes with berated breaths and then their eyes fell on his physically injured self that stood on the threshold of Hamdani house.

Murad felt the lump in his throat getting tight when his eyes fell on everyone but he didn't meet their eyes, not even his mother who cried looking at him.

"Murad... Meri Jaan,"

Murad took a little step away that didn't go unnoticed but Shameen beghum was too emotional to notice it as she went toward him.

Pops narrowed his eyes at each member who didn't meet his eyes, his gaze lingering on both elder brothers but then he saw Shameen beghum advancing steps and huffed in annoyance.

"I really should have hired that half dozen bodyguard troop, ignoring your threats Hadi,"

"Stop talking like you are regretting online shopping sale missed purchase offer, Alam,"

"Feels like that,"

The twins would have laughed at the elderly duo's sass exchange if they were not feeling like their nerves were on fire.

"Murad-,"

Just when Shameen beghum was going to embrace him in her arms, Murad stepped back and almost bumped into Hadiya beghum and Pops who quickly hold him steady.

"Don't... Please don't,"

"Murad,"

She gasped at his blunt rejection but Pops was quick to respond with his clipped tone.

"He just came from the hospital... At least let him sit before you guys want to go all Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham on him. I told you, I don't want him here,"

The last complaint was directed towards Hadiya beghum who ignored his words and Shameen beghum immediately moved away and give them the way to enter inside.

Helping him to the couch, the twins followed them with bags in their hands that Shafi Bhai took with a small smile.

"Yes- I am sorry. I just want to see him. I miss you, I was so worried Murad-,"

Making him sit on the couch, Shameen beghum spoke hesitantly, moving towards to cup his face but Murad pulled away again, breaking her heart.

"Please don't... Agar phupho Jaan na bolti toh main Kabhi wapis na ata. But rest assured, we will be out of your house soon,"

"I- Murad- I know that we hurt you- but please... Please meri Jaan, maaf kardo humain,"

Pops didn't speak because he knew this was Murad's battle, one last that he had to fight alone. Also, he didn't want to force his emotions on him, that's why he just stood beside him and assure him that he is not alone.

It took Murad a few seconds to register her words and then he looked at her with a blank mask. All respect, all obligations, and duty forgot because he didn't feel anything today.

"Kiske liye Mama... Mujhe chodhne ke liye maafi ya mujhe torne ke liye,"

"Murad, please...,"

Those words almost bring Shameen beghum to her knees but Umer and Jannat hold her before she gets hurt.

Mannat's feet also moved but halted at Murad's disquieting and agonizing voice that paralyzed everyone standing there as it crushed their thawed hearts.

"I can't. I might forgive you someday, which I doubt will ever come but I can never forget and that's the biggest curse and blessing for me,"

"Just- let us... Can we start over?"

Eyes moved towards Shafiq Hamdani who looked nervous and anxious for the first time.

Murad didn't know what his father want to hear, so he kept mum but someone else get agitated at that statement and if not for the twins, Pops would have jumped to kill Shafiq Sahab.

"Start over what? Is this some PlayStation game or a hung phone that you can reboot if it doesn't work according to your conditions? This man is seriously delusional,"

"Fakhar, please. This is our family matter-,"

"And he is my family... He is more family than you ever were,"

Shafiq Hamdani gazed towards his son who roared with protectiveness in his eyes and that killed him. He felt his chest tightening as he moved a hand to squeeze it and dull the ache but Murad's eyes didn't let him, it haunts him.

"In your face, Huh,"

Pops smirked as he fist bump the air with a gleeful smile but Hadiya beghum narrowed her eyes at the man-child. The warning was clear, and Pops got the message but he still complains.

"Alam,"

"What? I am behaving. He is doing all the talking here. No, don't give me that look, Hadi,"

Their interaction was not missed by Adam who was looking at the man with curiosity but Shameen beghum's voice distracted him from the keen observation session.

"I- I am glad you listen to your phupho Jaan,"

"I have to... She was the mother that I wished to have all my life,"

It was the worst thing a mother would hear from her child, and it was exactly what she felt.

Shameen beghum looked at her son with teary eyes, broken hearts, and years of longing to only witness blankness in his gaze.

"Murad, what- are you saying?"

"She was there for me when no one was. She was there to love me like a mother does. She holds me like a mother does, she supports me like a mother does. So was Pops. He shelters me, provides for me, cares for me, and protects me just like a father does. You know what, I don't hate you all. Because it's too strong emotion to feel for someone. And I just realized that I don't want even that with anyone here,"

Silence overpowered everything and everyone as eyes meet the floor and hearts meet the hell as fire was set to the blazing souls of his culprits.

Hadiya beghum didn't say anything nor did she stop Murad. She doesn't want to hurt her brother and sister-in-law but it's high time they had a reality check.

And Murad was not done, with a shaky breath and his own tears falling free. His shining, burning, and bawling orbs meet his parents for a moment just to crush them and all their hopes.

"But I always think about one thing. No actually- I wish and pray for it. Kaash main apka aur Baba Ka nahi... Phupho jaan aur pops Ka beta hota. Phir na yeh Dard hota, na koi Muntazir hota aur na maafi ka bojh,"

"Mama,"

"Mamu Jaan,"

His words fell on them like thunderbolts because both parents stumbled back, Umer hold his mother with alarmed eyes as she slacked in his arms with pleading sobs.

But Shafiq Sahab fell on his knees as his heart felt like it burst inside, even Adam and Mirza Sahab's hold on his body was not felt to him. His chest hurts and crushes him but his teary eyes stay focused on the son who he lost. But he has no one to blame but himself.

"Mu- Murad- please-,"

"I have nothing to give you... I- can't even call you mother anymore. It feels like a burden. Please don't make me disobey the only woman who stood beside me when not even my parents do. Don't make this more difficult than it already is,"

He tried to stand up because he can't bear their pain, even when they hurt him. He can't see them like this, pops was quick to lend him a hand to help him.

"Let me help you,"

"I can- whoa,"

His weak legs felt jelly-like as he stumbled but Pops hold him still and close as he smiled with pride in his eyes while Murad weakly return it.

"Bhai-,"

"Be careful-,"

"Murad!"

Umer, Shafiq Sahab, and Shameen beghum were alert as they saw him almost falling but pops blunt words and blazing eyes stopped them in their place.

"I can take care of my son. Don't pretend that you care,"

"But we do-,"

"Then you have a weird way to show it. Now step back. I can take care of him like I did for years,"

Scoffing at Umer words, he helped Murad towards his room but not before looking over his shoulder and calling the People that he started to consider family.

"Mannat? Jannat? Hadi? You coming?"

"Huh- ji,"

With a teary gaze at the people she called mother and the man who she loved more than her own father, Mannat followed them with a miserable mind and broken heart.

...............

"Ahh-,"

"You ok?"

His eyes meet her teary ones, even when she tries to hide them from everyone, he can see how much this broken family and their pain affects her.

He sighed defeated as he nodded with a small smile to the people who cared enough, especially her.

"Yeah... Just- tired,"

"Pops Alam, you need help?"

Passing a nod to him, Mannat looked at Pops who was already beaming at the girl with all love in his gaze.

"Nope doll, we are all done. Jannat pass me that pillow please,"

"Here you go,"

Putting the pillow behind Murad to support him, pops literally clapped to lighten the situation.

"Perfect. Now you relax,"

"Manna... How's your fever?"

Mannat closed her eyes in annoyance before narrowing them at her twin while their audience looked amused with the scene.

"It's gone. Stop asking me that,"

"Why are you so annoyed?"

Before Mannat can again snap at her twin, phupho Jaan took over and replies instead which only shocked Jannat.

"You will be too if you have to give various blood samples just to satisfy two crazy men and their concerns,"

"What? Who- oh- oh! OH! HAHAHA... dayum they got you good girl,"

Jannat doubled over as soon as the words make sense and if the matching grins of the said two men were anything to say. But her laughing only irritated Manna more.

"Shut up,"

"Anyways... You had your breakfast and medicine?"

"I-,"

Baffled by her twin's teasing, she was speechless and too dumbfounded to respond but someone else did for her and that got everyone's attention.

"She ate the food I got her and took the medicine too,"

"And since when you started your MBBS practice or food catering service?"

Jannat raised her eyebrows at Murad's statement and spoke with a wide grin that make Manna groan and Murad stutter in embarrassment.

"I- I mean- she is good now,"

"And you checked it yourself?"

"I- no-,"

"Stop torturing him, Janna...,"

And Hadiya beghum was quick to rescue while both Manna and Murad took a sigh of relief. While both Jannat and Pops have identical grins.

Muttering a sorry, she focused her eyes on the patient with a serious tone and then winked at Pops who reciprocated without hesitation.

"Sorry phupho Jaan... But on a serious note. Do you need anything Bhai? Please do tell us... You too handsome pops,"

"Oh, I will gorgeous lady,"

"No... I am fine. Just tired and achy-,"

Before he can complete his sentence, Mannat was on her feet and moving towards the medical bag that holds his medication.

"What? Let me get the painkiller-,"

"It's ok Mano... It's nothing much. I can handle this,"

"You don't have to though,"

"I have borne worse,"

She frowned at his words and then glared hard at the bag while she continues to search for the medication.

"no one bears anything with choice. Tab hum Nahi thay waha, ab humare hone Ka kya faida agar apko abhi bhi Sab bardasht hi Karna ha,"

His eyes were stuck on her who looked up feeling his gaze and there was that contact that keep them captive.

Jannat's voice made them realize what was happening and that they had an audience who was curious and amused with this developing relationship.

"Manna is right. You should take that painkiller but first, you should have something light to eat,"

They quickly looked away as Mannat looked for the medicine while Murad grumbled about food.

"I don't feel like eating,"

"Murad!"

"Ok fine...,"

And like always one warning from pops serious tone and he agreed. Jannat smiled happily, clapping her hands in excitement as she spoke when a thought came to her mind.

"Perfect. Now you sit here and relax with pops and phupho Jaan. I and Manna will make that Creamy chicken corn soup that was your favorite. I didn't have it in years and Mama said Manna aced the recipe. Omg! I still remember how we all used to make it whenever you get sick. Umer, Adam, manna, and I always crowd the kitchen when Mama or phupho Jaan make it. I am so excited to recreate that memory-,"

And just the words bring back too many memories and happiness but the hurt weighed out everything.

Jannat stopped herself when she realized that his smile vanished while Mannat's hands stopped moving inside the bag. Pops already know about what she was talking about as it was one of many memories that Murad shared with him.

Knowing that some happy memories bring more painful moments, Hadiya beghum stood up and then smiled at Murad.

"Han, mujhe bhi Adam se Kuch kaam ha. I will get back later to check on you. Have soup and take your medicine. Rest for a few hours and then we will sit and talk ok?"

"Ji...,"

He nodded but his mind was still stuck on Jannat's words, Mannat already placed the medicine on his nightstand beside the glass and moved away because it also hurt her to remember those days.

Pops instantly understand what Hadiya beghum did, as he also went along with the change of topic.

"And what about me?"

"What about you?"

"Where will I stay?"

"The guest bedroom is already arranged for you. But knowing you and your tendencies to look for trouble. I know you will spend most of your day, here guarding his door. Your bag is already in your room. Now keep him accompany. Girls come, let's go,"

Not giving Pops any chance to retort, she signaled the twins to follow who were more than eager to comply.

"Take rest, my love. We will think about these things later,"

With one last peck to Murad's forehead, Hadiya beghum went towards the door and the twins followed them.

His eyes moved with her each step and without his knowledge, his heart called her out loud.

"Mannat,"

"Ji. Do you need anything?"

Turning to him with confusion in her eyes, she didn't expect the next words while his eyes didn't move anywhere else.

"Don't exhaust yourself,"

Too stunned to reply or respond, Mannat was speechless and her usual reaction make him smile slightly while pops eyes looked at Murad with something unknown.

Their eyes clashed again, she can't understand what is about him that give her peace and chaos at the same time.

"Han, han don't worry... Soup banane ja rahi ha, Burj khalifa Ka clone Nahi... Chalo ab Mannat Bibi, hil jao. Khayal rakhne Ka Bola ha, Pas baithne Ka Nahi,"

Again their eye contact was broken when Jannat patted her twin back and looked at Murad with a fake smile. And just like that their cheeks went blazing with embarrassment.

Mannat turned her murderous gaze towards Jannat who was quick to dash towards the door.

"You! Ruko tum,"

"Ahhh! We will be right back Murad Bhai. Don't miss us much... If you know, then you know,"

The last words were thrown over her shoulder with a suggestive wink that make pops laugh wholeheartedly while Mannat protested loudly and Murad just groaned and huffed.

"JANNAT UMER HAMDANI! YOU ARE DEAD!"

"AHH!"

"DEHAN SE!"

Hadiya beghum shook her head as she followed the twins with repeated warnings and scolding that fell on deaf ears as Manna chased her twin with her chappals in her hand.

......

Consoling Shameen beghum was not easy as she looked broken and lost in Umer's arms. After Murad disappeared from their sight, Umer helped his mother to the guest room where she took refuge for the past two weeks.

His eyes stayed away from his father's scattered self which looks too fragile and crumbled, but Adam and Mirza Sahab helped Shafiq Sahab to his room which feel like a prison to him.

Letting his mother cry in his arms for a few moments, he gave her a sleeping pill and sit beside her as she keep mumbling apologizes to her elder son who was not even there to listen.

Umer watched with a wrecked mind and shattered thoughts as his mother drifted to the darkness with a tear-stained face and all her hopes lost.

With a final peck on her forehead and the promise to make everything right, he left his mother after turning the light off.

He was going towards his room when his footsteps halted for a moment. He knew that he can't do anything to mend this if he hide in his room.

Gulping his tears that threaten to spill out, he looked up with a heavy heart but then exhale heavily.

He smiled as he shook his head at the memory, Jannat was applying moisturizer when she casually dropped the news. She was doing this for two weeks, telling wellbeing without showing Umer that she was actually telling him.

She was still not happy with him, but Janna was kind enough to help his guilty heart with the little news about Murad.

Suddenly an idea came into his mind as he remembered Jannat mentioned last night that Murad was not eating properly.

"I know what to do,"

With a big smile on his face, he immediately head towards the kitchen, counting ingredients and things on his fingertips as he almost bumped into someone at the threshold of the kitchen.

Looking at Adam who had fresh vegetables in his arms, and shock on his face, Umer shook his head with a small smile.

"You too?"

"Yeah,"

Adam scratched his neck nervously as he looked at Umer who had the same expression.

"Let me guess,"

"Soup,"

The word "soup" was spoken at the same time and then they chuckled together at the irony of the situation.

Umer knew what this means to them, it was one of their most precious childhood memory. And he also knew that Adam had the same guilt that he holds.

He knew that Adam blames himself as he fell for Mannat, even when he knew she was not his. But loves doesn't tell you before making a home for someone in your heart.

Until you know, it will be too late and that's what Adam felt. His respect and love for Murad were clouded by his love and protection for Mannat.

The boy who was once their biggest secret keeper and support was now a man who was hated by them. And the mere realization was crushing for both of them.

Passing another smile, Umer bumped his shoulder and pulled him along.

"Chal aaja, mere MasterChef Ravi bridge,"

"Shut up... I can cut vegetables unlike you,"

At Adam's jibes regarding his past kitchen experience, Umer raised his eyebrows in challenge.

"And I know when to turn off the stove without the burning smoke and aroma filling the air,"

"Look like we will be good to cook,"

Making faces at the taunt, Adam grumbled under his breath and Umer patted his back.

"Yes... Now move, get the pan... I will pick the ingredients,"

Watching Umer excited self, Adam closed his eyes and started to work.

"Here goes nothing,"

...........

"That girl is incredible. I still can't believe she married that dumb brother of yours. Bechari, Dil ki Achi ha par nazar kamzoor ha shayad,"

Murad turned towards Pops who was still smiling after the twins left with Hadiya beghum but his smile vanished at the next taunt that made him scowl at Murad.

"Says the man who married thrice,"

"Hey! Don't marriage shame me. I was looking for the right one,"

"toh Phir us hisaab se apki nazar ke ilawa kya, kya kamzoor ha pops?"

"Nazar toh thek ha beta ji. Jis pe aa Jaye usi pe rehti ha. Bas ab Dil kamzoor ho Raha ha,"

"You are such a flirt,"

Shaking his head at pops big smile, he leaned back against the headboard as the room didn't feel strange due to pops presence but he won't tell him that.

Narrowing his eyes at the ungrateful child he literally raised. He smirked at the next taunt that got Murad attention.

"Why do you think girls still prefer me over your grumpy arse?"

"Yeah right,"

"Remember Molly,"

"She has kinks,"

Murad rolled his eyes at the mention of the girl who prefer men older than her father and was head over heels for pops with just one meeting.

But Pops didn't like Murad's denial that he was more handsome and charming as he keep listing.

"What about Thalia?"

"She was your Starbucks barista for god sake. You only took her on one date because she made a good pumpkin latte,"

"Hey! Priorities first young man,"

"Oh really?"

"Yes...,"

Murad raised his eyebrows in the challenge while Pops just grinned confidently which vanished as soon as Murad utter the next words.

"Then what about the third wife? Didn't she hit on your adoptive son? Eww, I still get chills from that memory,"

Shivering at the memory, Murad closed his eyes and then narrow them at pops who shrugged his shoulders and looked at his nails.

"Well. Everyone has bad luck once a blue moon,"

"Only you Pops... Only you,"

"Enough of my failed married life bullying-,"

"That was not bullying-,"

Giving a pointed look to Murad, pops continue with a grave tone that showed Murad how serious he was.

"As I was saying, enough. But seriously do you want to live here? I know what these Confrontations and heart-breaking talks do to you. So, if you have even 0.000000000182 percent doubt that you will hit rock bottom then tell me and I will face your phupho Jaan wrath for you,"

"As endearing and entertaining it will be to watch you telling phupho Jaan that you wanna move out. I- I want someday here. Maybe this is the last time I will even see this house,"

"Firstly, I am not scared of your phupho... Second, I- understand but always remember, you just have to say the words and we are out of here. You are not alone anymore,"

"I know pops... I know,"

Pops squeezed his good hand while he adjusted the sling and smiled at him contently. But he missed the mischief in pops eyes that he got to witness with his next statement.

"Aur Mannat bhi toh ha yaha,"

"Mannat-,"

Murad stuttered at the mention as his wide eyes fell on Pops who was grinning too much lately.

"Han na... Tu uski fikar Kar, wo tera dehan rakhe. Wah, wah... Nazar na lage mere bacho ko,"

"Pops... Not this again, I thought we had this talk over a hundred times in the past two weeks,"

He whined in protest like he was doing for the past two weeks or months but nothing helped because his opponent was used to his tactics.

"You think if I didn't shut up about this in 13 years I will do it in just two weeks? Huh, joke on you champ. Not happening,"

"Then I am going to ignore you like always and stop with those weird eyes you made whenever she is around,"

"What weird eyes?"

Pops wiggle his eyebrows and Murad jumped to point at him but got jerked as his injured arm reminds him why he was in that bed.

"THAT! Ouch- that weird eyes... Don't make this more awkward,"

"Toh Tu maan le na... Ke tere weeran Dil ko ek Mannat chahiye,"

"I- we are not having this conversation,"

His eyes almost popped out at those words as he huffed in annoyance and wanted Pops who simply ignore his words.

"Nah maan... I will have a fun time telling your kids about your denial and dumbness. Kitna Maza ayega... Mama aur Baba ki love story with Love expert pops. Omg! When are you giving me grandchildren?"

"Excuse me!"

Another bomb was dropped on him, he was confused as hell with his feelings and here this man was asking him for grandchildren. But pops dream and demand express didn't stop as he giggles like a girl.

"Excused... Now tell me, pehle tere Ghar walo ki band bajo aur kitni... kyuki baad main enhi logo se rishta bhi mangna ha,"

"I- what even?"

"Even Nahi odd... How odd it will be if I have to treat them with respect. Yikes, I am getting goosebumps. Tujhe paka esi Ghar se apni har Mannat poori karwani ha?"

"There is nothing like that. Stop putting words in my mouth,"

Murad rolled his eyes at pops enthusiasm for this particular topic as he frowned at his sling but his words got pops attention who was glaring at him.

"So you have no interest in my doll?"

"First, stop calling her doll. She is not fragile. And second I- I don't know. We are getting along after so much awkwardness. I don't want to make it harder for her,"

"So you want to let her go?"

Just as those words left pops mouth, Murad jumped at his place with a loud voice and wide eyes.

"I DIDN'T SAY THAT- I- I mean- I don't know,"

While his father figure only cursed himself for raising a dumb man who can't understand his own feelings.

"If you don't know yet, then it's high time you let that beautiful woman go and let her live her life. And I can call her anything, you don't have to be jealous. She is not fragile, she is innocent like those dolls and as beautiful as them. But that's the thing about dolls, people choose them for their beauty and left them when they broke. That's why even when I love you deep in my bones, I want the best for her too. Agar galat tumhare Saath hua ha toh usko bhi wohi saza Mili ha. Tumhara yeh bol dena ke Uske Saath sab thay, it's not enough because she doesn't have what she wants or needs. So she was as empty-handed as you were,"

"I-,"

"Kabhi Kabhi insaan ke haath jitne bhi baare hoye kyu na ho, Dil Ka khali pan usko Kabhi Barne Nahi deta. Wo usko khali hi rakhta ha. Usne Tumhara tab Saath Diya jab sab tumhare samne thay, aise Saath Diya ke apno ko bhi peeche chodhh Diya... And I will make sure that she gets what she gave. That decision might be forced on you, but I won't hesitate to admit that even if it was wrong of them, they still paired you with the best gem they have,"

"I know pops, I know,"

He muttered those words as he remembered how pure and simple she is but she can be feisty and headstrong too.

His mind wanders off to the moment when he hurt her with his words and actions.

Shame and anguish was the first thing that settles in his heart with those memories, but he also remembered when she fight him, push him, and Settle his beast with her words and the fire in her eyes.

His thoughts were disturbed by pops next statement as he looked up with different emotions in his eyes.

"Then you better know what your heart knows Murad. Jo Dil main utar Jaye wo Kabhi dil se Nahi utarta. Maan lo ke tumhari har manzil uske har qadaam ki muntazir ha. She won't leave you ever, she will fight the world for you, with you, and beside you,"

"And what if I leave her?"

As his biggest insecurities and fear slipped from the deepest corner of his heart and come to his lips.

But Pops was not the one to sugarcoat anything for him. He can give him love, care, support, protection, and security but he won't let his son do more harm to his heart and give pain to someone innocent.

"Then It's your loss... your decisions. And like always I won't stop you, but only warn you about the consequences,"

Looking at Murad who was lost in his thoughts, pops know he had given him enough to feed both his mind and soul.

He knew that Hadiya beghum was right, he can only show him the path, and walking on it will be Murad choice.

That's why he changed the topic by teasing him with a mischievous smile and an evil glint in his eyes.

"But if you leave her then I will adopt another young, handsome, kind, and smart son to get him hitched to that woman. Just because you are dumb, I am not losing my daughter,"

"No one is marrying her,"

He wanted to see a certain reaction from Murad and his smile only widened when he saw exactly what he was looking for, when Murad narrowed his eyes and agitation was clear in his taunt muscles.

"Haye... Lagi Dil ko... Tumhain Dil lagi, bhool Jani padegi... Mohabbat ki raho main aa Kar toh Dekho,"

"GOD POPS STOP IT,"

Murad groaned and whined in embarrassment but Pops didn't stop and continued with his off-note and off-tone singing wholeheartedly.

.............

"You take it,"

The tray was moved to the right side with an offended voice following the action.

"No, you take it,"

The tray was pushed back carefully so as not to spill the content of the bowl, but the glare was hotter than the soup.

"You stirred it,"

"you added spices,"

"You said you will,"

Umer scoffed at Adam's demanding voice but then he shook his head.

"I won't,"

"ok fine... Shafi Bhai, take it,"

Turning towards the servant who was looking between the bickering duo. Umer was quick to protest at the middle way suggested.

"Hey- I won the rock, paper, scissors... You take it-,"

"Any problem here?"

Before Adam can argue back they heard another voice and turn to look at Mirza Sahab who was standing behind the servant who nodded at him.

"Chacho,"

"Mamu Jaan,"

Both men gulped nervously when they saw Mirza Sahab looking at the bowl with a small smile and raised eyebrows.

"Oh, Murad Ka favorite soup. You both made it,"

"Wo- wo Umer ne banaya!"

Umer eyes flashed toward Adam with betrayal as he glared at him and elbowed him in the gut.

"Liar! You were equally invested in the task,"

"So what?"

"So, take it,"

"No, you go-,"

They didn't look like mature businessmen at the moment, they were acting and behaving like teens.

"Shut up both of you,"

This time another voice joined their banter and everyone turned around to look at Hadiya beghum scowling at them and the kitchen condition.

The twins were talking and discussing something but stopped behind their phupho Jaan as soon as they heard the argument session.

"Mama,"

"Phupho jaan,"

"Umer... Adam,"

Hadiya beghum narrowed her eyes at the men as she called their names with a warning.

"Jannat... Mannat,"

But Jannat smiled big as she pointed towards herself and her twin to continue the introduction which make their Baba chuckle and Mannat roll her eyes.

Shaking his head at his daughter's excitement, Mirza Sahab looked at the men and take the tray but not before giving them a serious look who looked down.

"Leave it. I can be your delivery old man for this one time. Because I know why you both don't want to face him. But if you can cook for him, then man enough to take it to him too,"

"Soup taste karle koi, zehar na Mila ho,"

"Mama... Phupho Jaan!"

Umer and Adam gasped at the blunt statement while Hadiya beghum blank expression look murderous to them.

"What? I am just stating facts... Lafzon main toh bohat zehar tha, khane main dalte hoye kitni dair lagti ha,"

"I- we- we are not that low,"

"That's a relief I guess,"

The sarcasm was hitting them hard like slaps and bullets both men didn't meet her eyes as shame and regret were evident on their faces.

The twins didn't say anything, even when Mannat felt a little bad for them, Jannat was thoroughly enjoying the show.

"I will take this now,"

Shaking his head, Mirza Sahab picked up the tray, knowing his sister won't spare them for messing with her kitchen, but Umer frantic voice got his attention.

"Wait!"

"what now?"

"Wo- just this... Napkin, yeah napkins,"

Placing a note and hiding something under the napkin, he placed it on the tray as if he was a ninja or magician and no one saw his action.

Mirza looked at his nephew and son-in-law with critical eyes and Umer immediately looked away.

"Manna... Please accompany me, Mera bacha,"

"Ji,"

Turning towards his daughters, he called Mannat who silently nodded her head at his request. She rather goes with her Baba than stay here and look at the two guilty men and their pleadings eyes.

Just as Mirza Sahab and Mannat disappear from their sight, Umer and Adam tried to go out but Hadiya beghum strict voice halted their hands that were on the knot of aprons.

"Where do you two think you are going?"

"To clean up?"

"Yeah, you can but after you clean my kitchen that looks like someone had a war here. Jannat makes sure, they clean everything before they go anywhere,"

"But Mama-...Phupho Jaan,"

"You wanna say something?"

And with one stern look, they shook their head and looked down. They felt like teenagers because they know she can be scary when she wanted.

"No,"

"Good... Now clean it. Aur soup banane se baaton ke diye zakhm Nahi thek hote. If you want to show your guilty then have enough guts to apologize. If you can insult someone and hate them openly why regret your actions by hiding,"

Their chins were almost hitting their chest with shame, but her words made it worst. Umer can feel the tears in his eyes and Adam was close to sobbing loudly.

Indeed Hadiya beghum knows how to make her children feel like teenagers even in adulthood and set them straight.

She was going to turn around but remember why she came to search for Adam.

"Yad Aya... Adam,"

"Ji- ji Mama,"

Calling her son who looked up with barely controlled tears, she knew her words hurt them, especially Adam who already has a fragile heart. but she also knew that he needs to hear this, and it was better if it came from her.

"From tomorrow, the daughter of my most beloved friend will start her internship under your supervision. I promised her that her daughter will have no issue. And now I gave you her responsibility. Make sure she won't have any issues to settle in,"

"But Mama, I don't-,"

Adam wanted to protest but his mother didn't give him a chance.

"You supervised Mannat, so you will handle this without complaining. Her mother gave her responsibility to me, and I know that my son is capable enough to help his mother. Don't disappoint me again,"

"Ji mama,"

Her last words got his attention and he knew what she was talking about. That's why he just nodded his head and looked at her back as she turn around and left them.

"What are you looking for? Start the cleaning dumb and dumber...,"

Turning towards Jannat, they glared at her but silently started to clean everything up.

Jannat grinned wide and stroll towards the pot as she removed the lid to look inside and then asked with curious and doubtful eyes.

"Is this safe enough to eat?"

Both Adam and Umer didn't stop cleaning but yelled over their shoulders in a union as their irritation and frustration make Jannat smile wider.

"Shut up Jannat,"

.............

Pops and Murad were discussing things and talking when the sudden knock at the door got their attention. They frowned because the twins and Hadiya beghum just left 20 minutes ago.

"May we come in?"

But when they heard the familiar voice of Mirza Sahab, they got alert when they saw Mannat standing beside her Baba with a nervous look on her face.

"Mir,"

"Fakhar,"

"Beti ki aarh mein aye ho maafi mangne,"

Mirza Sahab looked down with a lazy smile as he meet pops accusing orbs with his teasing ones.

"I thought you have already established that we are selfish,"

"Teri toh main-,"

"Pops,"

Murad warned Pops to hold himself from pouncing Mirza Sahab when he saw alarm in Mannat's eyes.

Pops huffed in annoyance as he eyed the man who was amused with their interaction. Pops mumbled under his breath as he leaned back but his eyes were fixed on Mirza Hamdani.

"Fine... Sabar Kar alam bete Ka chacha Nahi bahu Ka baap Aya ha... Sabar,"

"Mannat, take this,"

Shaking his head at pops antics, he forwarded the tray to Mannat who hesitantly hold it and went towards Murad.

"Ji Baba,"

Placing the tray on the nightstand, she picked the small table that Hadiya beghum arranged for Murad's assistance. Carefully under the focused gazes of their fathers Mannat placed the tray on the table.

Murad looked at her confused because he knew she didn't make this, something told him that she didn't. And his doubt was confirmed when she shrugged his questioning gaze off.

Pops moved his eyes away from the dip and then snapped at Mirza Sahab who just turned around to look at him blankly.

"If you made it, then take it back, Mir. I can take care of him,"

"I am just the delivery guy... And by the look on his face, I think he already knows who made it,"

His words confused pops for a moment but then his eyes moved towards Murad who was still at his place as he picked up the napkin and something dropped on the tray.

Something that he didn't expect, the small note with a big "Sorry" was not what got his attention. It was the two pieces of his favorite caramel toffees that crushed his heart.

Looking at the soup, the note, and the toffees before moving his eyes towards Mannat who blinked once to confirm his doubts.

He knew who made it, and he can't believe his eyes. It brings back memories for him, happy but painful.

His mind wanders off to the times when young Adam and Umer used to pester their mothers to make his favorite soup and teach them whenever he got sick or when he got scolded for them.

Murad was always their shield, their protection and support from the scolding and disciplining and they always used to spoil their elder brother with such small but kind gestures, when they used to offer their share of toffees to him as gratitude and appreciation.

He knew this means they were guilty of what they did and what he lost. But he can't bring himself to gulp down the tears that almost pushed his control.

Mirza Sahab felt bad as he looked at Murad who was paralyzed with shock and nostalgia. He can feel the pain, misery, and torment in his bones, and so did everyone present in that room.

Turning towards pops, he stared at the man who fulfilled the role of father and supporter even when he has no relationship with their son but became more than what blood makes humans.

"And I know you can take care of him, mujhe bas Kuch baat karni thi,"

"Baat karni thi ke Dil Ka bojh utarne aye ho,"

"A little bit of both,"

Pops scoffed hard at that carefree admission because he knew he can't punch him in front of Mannat.

"Selfish rascals,"

"You can curse me all you want Fakhar, and to be honest I won't mind,"

"Banta bhi Nahi ha... Mind ha Kaha tum bhaiyon main- sorry doll,"

Mannat gasped at the blunt insult as her teary eyes looked between the two men that she respect. Pops bit his tongue and give her an apologetic look.

Murad sighed as he came out of his shock and signals Mannat to move the soup away who hesitantly did it.

"Pops! Stop it,"

"my mouth is sealed but my ears and eyes are on you buddy. Be careful of what you say,"

"Alright Rambo,"

Mirza Sahab gave another mischievous smile to Pops who wanted to actually punch him hard but just huffed in irritation.

"Murad may I?"

Turning to Murad, he asked if he can sit beside him while Pops was seated on the couch at some distance. Murad took a moment to respond but then he nodded and looked at him with alarm in his eyes.

"Ji,"

"How are you now? Feeling better?"

"Ji- Yeah, just peachy,"

"Hmm, I wish you a speedy recovery. Won't have it?"

Smiling and patting his good hand, he pointed at the tray as Murad just avoided the topic, he doesn't want to disrespect his chacho but he rather have any talk.

"I- I will... Ap bolein, I am listening,"

Nodding his head as if he understands Murad's inner turmoil Mirza Sahab took a few seconds to respond.

"I won't ask for your forgiveness,"

"Huh?"

"I know my sin was too big for just a small apology,"

"Dayum right, it was,"

"Pops Alam,"

Mannat pouted at pops blunt and sharp words that make him bite his tongue again.

"Sorry doll,"

"Don't Manna, he won't sit still for more than 5 minutes. Especially for cursing our family, that's his favorite past time,"

Pops glared at Mirza Sahab for the statement but he didn't bother denying the allegation, that was never the allegation.

"And a valid one too,"

"Ignore him,"

Now it was pops turn to gasp and pout as he looked at Murad offended by his words.

"Hey, you are supposed to side with your pops,"

Without giving pops another minute to continue his dramatics, Mirza Sahab stares at his hands with a penitent look.

"I- know how much hurt, anger, and betrayal you feel. And I can't even repay you one day of pain you went through. We have never forgotten you, Murad, yes, we didn't show it. We were selfish in our ways but you were always our first child,"

"Chacho please-,"

Murad tried to stop him because he didn't want to talk about this anymore. He might feel betrayed by everything but he didn't spend all his life stuck with these burdens.

Yes, he was alone and away. But he made his life, build relationships, get a job, make his name, and live some happy moments. He was not always gullible and drowned in his past.

Pops never let him delve in for too long, after his stupid attempts, he did learn to live. Remorse and hurt followed him, but he didn't want his Chacho to feel that he was robbed of all happiness. Because he was not, Mirza Sahab wants to speak today.

"No, just please listen... I know my one selfish request to my brother ruined your life and family, I know how my daughter paid for my decision. My ruined marriage made me so broken that I forgot the difference between right and wrong. I love their mother so much that her leaving me and ruining our happy family was my damnation. I tried everything to keep our family together, to keep my children safe but I broke when she took my Janna. I broke Murad, I was so scared. Too scared,"

"Baba,"

Mannat immediately kneels beside her Baba as she wiped his tears and shook her head while her tears fall free.

Mirza Sahab smiled at his flower, his daughter with sorrowful eyes as his guilt-ridden orbs clashed with her remorseful ones.

Taking her one hand and pecking it with so much adoration and apology in his heart, he shook his head at Mannat who sobbed silently before he turned towards Murad.

"I am ok, meri Jaan... But- I didn't know that my ruined self and selfish request will push Bhai Sahab to break his family too. I swear, I swear on my daughters, if I had any idea, I would have stopped him. I might be broken but I was never that selfish. I know my damned marriage was not a good enough reason to ruin your lives. I- I just wanted to secure my Manna. I wanted to keep one piece of my heart with me, but I didn't know that I will buy years of agony for my child too. Tumhara sabko chodhh ke jana sirf tumhain hi Nahi, humara bhi sukoon le gaya tha,"

Pops watched silently as all his anger, irritation and rage left him with each confession.

"I want you both to know one thing. One thing that I keep hidden in my heart, I didn't choose you for my Manna just because you were a teenager back then Murad... It was always you. Again call me selfish but I wanted both my daughters near me. I can't imagine one day away from them. But you see how cruel fate is, it took Janna away from me for years, and even when Manna was with me... I still lost my daughter to the missing pieces of her heart. I didn't want anyone else to be with my daughter. I saw the care, love, compassion, and protection in your eyes for that little Mannat who was heartbroken. Just like I saw passion, devotion, mischief, and adoration in Umer's eyes for Jannat. It was a hasty decision on my part because I was selfish. But I want you to know that if that day didn't have happened, I would have still chosen you for my Mannat. In all lives, every time. Because I know how much love you have inside my child,"

"Chacho-,"

Murad's breath hitched at those words while Mannat was looking at her Baba with shocked eyes. Even Pops was curious and appalled by the revelation.

"Even when I failed to show you my love and support Murad. You will always be the first child that holds my finger and smile at me. You were the first baby who make me feel proud when you first walk when you first spoke, when you first call me Chacho. You made me a father before I had my daughters' warmth in my arm. And I am so sorry to you for this my son. I am so sorry for this failure. I will never be able to say enough sorry, but please don't hate me... I have hated myself enough. I can't see hate in any of my children's eyes. I will die... I will die,"

Mirza Sahab almost fell to his knees if not for Murad's hold on his shoulder and Mannat's arms supporting him.

"Chacho... No please,"

"Baba Jaan,"

They both have tears in their eyes and pain in their hearts and minds in a chaotic mess. But Mirza Sahab sobbing didn't subdue because his pain had overwhelmed his senses.

"I am your culprit... Both of you, forgive your father, please. I know it's too much to ask for, and too late as you shouldn't but still I want you- to know that I will carry this burden on my shoulders till my grave. Just don't hate me please, don't forgive me, but don't hate me,"

He joined his hands in front of them, and they quickly hold them and shook their head with bewilderment in their eyes.

"I don't hate you... I can't hate you, Chacho Jaan,"

Looking at his uncle, he said those words that he knew will free them both. He didn't hate him, he was just disappointed.

And now when he had let one more burden go, he can feel relaxed. He didn't say those words for the sake of humanity. He said it because his heart mean it, and he was glad that he did.

Mannat's wobbly chin moved as she cupped her Baba face who nodded at Murad's words with tears but the relief was evident on his face.

"Nor do I... How can I hate the man who loved me more than life?"

"I do... I love you, my child, I love you both... Just- I am so sorry, so sorry. I was supposed to protect you both, but I pushed you both over the cliff. I am sorry, I am sorry. I am sorry,"

Holding them both in his arms, he cried and sobbed as he apologized again and again.

Murad eyes meet pops smiling ones, this was not his usual smirk or grin. It was a genuine smile because he knew what it took for a person to confess their sins and then ask for forgiveness.

Pops know this is just the stepping stone in Murad and Mannat's journey to healing and he knew that like always his champ is looking for his guidance and his support.

And that's what he gave when he nodded with a small smile and Murad returned hit before murmuring the words that lift him from the deep pathway of ruinations, and help him sort one of the million broken pieces that he hold close to his heart.

"I forgive you, Chacho Jaan,"

Looking at Murad with astonishment, her eyes soften as she pulled her gaze away to stare at her bawling father with love-filled eyes and kissed his palms that only soothe his wounded heart and put salve on all his bleeding injuries.

"Me too Baba, manna love you, Baba Jaan. Don't cry please,"

And just like that Mirza Sahab pulled them in his hold tightly and sobbed wholeheartedly and they let him.

"Mere Bache... Thank- thank you... Thank you, Sorry, So sorry,"

Mannat cried with her Baba because it was too much to remember, but Murad smiled at Pops with relief in his eyes who was looking at him with pride and joy.

Now pops understands what Hadiya beghum means when she said this time their children will heal, not just with time but with the right pieces and love that they hide from the world, as he sits there wiping his tears but his eyes still fixed on her trio who reunited.

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

Thoughts on the chapter?

Favourite dialogue or scene?

Star of the chapter?

Anyone who cried? Or laughed? And why?

Who thought that Murad and Mannat are replica of Pops and Phupho Jaan.

Next update next week. That one is 15k+ words.

So far the longest chapter of the story. I hope your comments and love did justice to my hardwork.

I am a little disappointed with the last chapter reaction. No, I am ok with the no mass comments, but only few and fixed readers comments.

So please share your thoughts too.

Zindagi rhi tu phir milege... Naye kissy ya us kissy ke khubsurat hissy ke Saath. Till then stay happy and healthy.

Ba-bye and Allah hafiz 😍
And
Stay safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 3.3K 21
Some desi short stories stuck in my mind
223K 13.6K 65
Doctors Series Mid-short love stories •1• The Doctor's Care For His Wife •Isaa And Mayrah• "You're to be cur...
105K 3.1K 13
A collection of possesive and desi short stories !! avidity means great enthusiasm or passion with romantic feelings .. •𝐙𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐌~𝐊𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐇 #...
509K 22.8K 97
Some stories to tickle your senses and make you emotional, some stories which were once written on a blank paper. This book is currently ?? ???? due...