ꜱᴏꜰᴛ ꜱᴘᴏᴛ (ON HOLD‼️)

NeneNoLeakes

During Akari's healing journey he'll find himself revealing to Gwendolyn that he's always had a soft spot for... Еще

AUTHOR'S NOTE 06/30/23
Description
1: Enjoy The View
2: Grandma's Plan
3: Googly Eyes
4: Girl Like Me
5: Falling Into Place
6: Housewarming
Ch. 6 Filler
7: Mine (Part 1)
7: Mine (Part 2)
8: My Man, My Man
9: Brand New (Part 1)
10: New Boo. Who You?
Ch. 10 Filler
11: Dreamer
12: Apologies, Fries, & Butterflies
13: Thankful (Part 1)
13: Thankful (Part 2)
14: Cling
15: Every Part Of Me
16: Daddy
17: Figure It Out
18: Ain't Too Proud To Beg
19: All Is Fair...
Ch. 19 Filler
20: With Friends Like These..
21: The Camping Trip: On The Road
22: The Camping Trip: Uninvited Ex
23: The Camping Trip: Piece Of Advice
Ch. 23 Filler
A/N
24: But I Want You...
25: Situationships
26: Real
27: Happy Birthday
28: You're Always Welcome Here (Part 1)
28: You're Always Welcome Here (Part 2)
29: Son
30: Water Is Thicker Than Blood
31: Coping
32: Accountability
33: Picture Perfect
34: [T]ender [L]oving [C]are

9: Brand New (Part 2)

2.6K 200 131
NeneNoLeakes

5:15 p.m.

Akari Jeffers
I sat on the stool in front of my canvas adding the finishing touches to the painting I'd been working on the last 3 days. As I painted I hummed along to Usher's "Climax" that blasted throughout the art room I'd set up in Yasmine's crib. I'd been back into my artwork pretty heavily these last few weeks and I didn't have anywhere to set up at my crib.

We'd only been dating for almost a month so I was hesitant about letting her make a space for me in her crib for me to come paint. My relationship with Celeste had started off nice like this before she'd flipped the switch and started treating me like shit. I didn't want to compare this relationship to my last especially this early in but I was scared shitless. I was scared to fail as a boyfriend in this relationship. I was scared Yasmine would eventually think what I did wasn't good enough.

I was trying to get out of thinking like that and worrying so much so I took a chance and took her up on her offer. Since we'd been together I'd been at her place more than my own and she was excited to have me here. I'd sit in this art room for hours and if she wasn't checking on me every chance she got, she was sitting in here with me watching something on her laptop just to be near me. We talked occasionally but she understood that some days I needed silence when I was really into what I was doing. Today wasn't one of those days because I was almost done with what I'd been working on. I was only adding a second coat of paint.

This song had been stuck in my head since it had been released and I found myself belting out the words when it got to my favorite part.

"You say it's better if we love each other separately!" I closed my eyes and tossed my head back. "I just need you one more time. I can't get what we had off my mind. Where are you now when I need you around?" I hit my chest repeatedly. "I'm on my knees but it seems we're going—"

"Nooowhere fast. We've reached a climax." I felt arms wrap around me as Yasmine sang in my ear before kissing the side of my face. I smiled and put my brush down and she let me go, taking a step back as I stood. I held my arms out and she scrunched up her face. I looked down at my clothes and my hands before chuckling, realizing she wasn't hugging me with paint all over me. I guess she hadn't realized how dirty I was from behind which was why she'd hugged me first. She'd gone shopping with her girls and I'd been sitting in this spot since the moment she'd left.

I'd left work a little early today because I hadn't felt well. Instead of lying around though, I wanted to keep myself occupied and decided to finish this painting for Miss Gwen. It was a surprise and the least I could do to thank her.

I walked across the room and turned the music down before walking back toward her with open arms.

"AK I swear if you get that paint on me.." She drew her fist back and I burst out laughing.

"I can't get a hug?"

"You can get out." She told me and I laughed harder. "Aight." I put my arms down and turned away before turning back around and quickly making my way toward her, wrapping my arms around her.

"AKARI!" She yelled. I squeezed her tight before placing my hands on her ass, leaving my multicolored painted handprints on her ass. Before she could fuss, I kissed her all over her face and she laughed. "I hate you so much."

"Sure you do." I pecked her lips and let her go.

"In that case go ahead and snap me up." She handed me her cellphone and walked across the room standing in front of some of my paintings. They weren't much to me. To the untrained eye, it was just paint splattered on canvases but I'd done those when I was thinking about my mother and was filled with so many emotions that I didn't know how to cope. "Snap a picture of this art in front of your art." She told me, turning her back to me to give me a view of the back of her ass with my handprints on them.

I burst out laughing and snapped that photo before she turned around and posed for two more photos. It felt great to be around someone who supported me and my passion because the truth was I'd lost that spark after attending that art show with Shakur. I'd gone there and met a few high-profile people who'd given me their contacts to hit them up. I hadn't done it. When I caught wind of Shakur being on some fruity shit I assumed he'd want something in return and had only done what he'd done for me as a way to get it. I ghosted him and assumed that he'd tell those people not to work with me.

I received a lengthy DM last night from him after he'd seen me at the fair. He apologized for assuming that I was into men and possibly making me feel uncomfortable. I thanked him for the apology and also apologized if I came off as homophobic. Before he'd rubbed me the wrong way, he seemed like a cool dude and these days it was good to have people on your side with the kind of connections he had, especially since I was doing art again.

"Here.." I handed Yasmine the phone as she walked toward me and looked over the pictures.

"I can't wait to post these to my Instagram. I can tag you if you want. Your art deserves to be recognized." She smiled. I didn't say anything. I just walked across the room and wiped my hands on the cloth before throwing it over my shoulder.

"It's not me that doesn't want to be posted," I said as I headed out of the room and she followed. She grabbed my arm and I turned around.

"Babe you know it's not like that. I just..." She sighed and dropped her head for a second before looking back up.

Omniscient
"You know my history. I mean, I'm a changed woman now, but I don't want us to pop out and you get bashed for being with someone like me." She said truthfully. "You're a good guy Akari and I don't want people talking bad about you because you're with a whore. I love you too much for that."

"You're not a whore Yas. That man forced you into prostituting yourself for years and luckily you were able to buy your way out. People are quick to judge what they don't understand but— wait." Akari stopped upon realizing she'd admitted to loving him. "What did you say?"

"What? I love you?" She took him by the hands and stared up at him. "Anything I say once, I can say twice. I've never been the kind of girl to beat around the bush about what I want or how I feel. We've known each other for five months so you should know that about me by now. I don't want you to say it back if you don't feel it just yet but I just wanted you to kno—"

"I love you too," Akari told her. Yasmine damn near fainted before she stood on her tiptoes and threw her arms around his neck, squeezing him.

They'd only been a couple for a few weeks but during those first three months, they'd started messing around feelings had grown on both ends. Akari put up a front the day Yasmine had admitted to catching feelings which was the same day she'd asked to take him out. He knew he was feeling her too. He liked that she was a woman who went after what she wanted, treated him like a human being, supported him, spoke life into him, encouraged him, and didn't hide how she felt about anything or anyone.

"Wrap your arms around me, hell. Show me you love me or something. I need to feel it." She told him and Akari burst out laughing before doing as told. She must've been happy for her to allow him to hug up on her without fussing while he was this filthy. Earlier he'd snuck that hug but she was giving him permission this time.

Two hours had passed and after he'd cleaned himself up, had dinner with Yasmine, and let the painting dry, he decided to stop by Miss Gwen's place to gift her with it. He'd called instead of just popping by because he didn't want to run into Gwendolyn. Miss Gwen told him that it was okay and that Gwendolyn wouldn't be a problem. When he'd arrived he'd noticed that her car wasn't in the driveway so he wanted to make this as quick as possible. He couldn't deal with the death stares or unnecessary attitude from her tonight when he'd done nothing wrong. He never did anything wrong yet women switched on him within a blink of an eye.

Akari rang the doorbell and took a step back, waiting for Miss Gwen to open the door. Less than a minute later the door was pulled open and she stood there with a smile.

"Well it's about time you finally stopped by. I was missing my weekly dose of Akari shenanigans." She joked, stepping aside for him to come in. Akari chuckled and walked inside as she closed the door.

"Miss Gwen, how many times have I told you that me and you will never work? Your obsession with me has to stop. It's not healthy." He said with his back to her. When there wasn't a response to what he'd said he looked over his shoulder to see her with her hand on her hip and a look on her face.

"Boy sit your silly ass down. I told you...I don't want you. I want—"

"The pastor." They said in unison.

"Yeah yeah yeah." Akari laughed, waving her off as he stood. "I won't be long so there's no need to sit. I just wanted to stop by and give you—"

"Akari..."

"Ma'am?"

"Sit."

"Yes ma'am." He quickly said, plopping down on the sofa.

"Now..." Miss Gwen walked toward the kitchen. "Are you thirsty?"

"No ma'am. I'm fi—"

"Good. I'll pour us some tea." She disappeared into the kitchen. Akari cracked a smile and shook his head. There was really no telling this feisty old lady "no".

Half an hour had gone by and Miss Gwen had talked about everything such as the painting, her gossiping about the church members, him and her possibly painting together since it was one of her hidden talents, how work was for him, etc. However, they avoided the one topic Akari hadn't come over for— Gwendolyn.

As their laughter died down and the room fell silent Miss Gwen cleared her throat and spoke.

"So...about you and my granddaughter..."

Akari sighed. "I knew it was coming. Miss Gwen no disrespect but I didn't come here for that. I just stopped by to thank you for always being so kind to—"

"Did I ask you what you came by for? That's the problem with you young folks today. Y'all talk more than you listen. Now listen." She told him. Akari pretended to zip his lips and toss the key.

"Now I don't know what happened between you two.."

"I—"

"What did I say?" She frowned and Akari closed his mouth.

"As I was saying...I don't know what happened between you two but y'all need to fix it. I can't let some beef stop my yard from being cut the right way. That new guy you recommended can't cut worth a damn. I almost went out there and cut the yard my damn self."

Akari burst out laughing and that made Miss Gwen laugh. It was great to see a smile on his face because she could remember him showing up to her home to cut her grass after he and Gwendolyn's falling out and he looked like a sad puppy every time.

"Maybe if you harass him long enough he'll get better." Akari joked.

Miss Gwen stared upside his head. "Akari.."

"Ma'am?" He looked out the corner of his eye at her, knowing he'd fucked up.

"Shut the hell up."

"Yes ma'am."

Miss Gwen laughed a hearty laugh which made him laugh. Her laugh was contagious and as goofy as he was he couldn't help but laugh at it.

"Boy, I've missed you." She said.

"Same." He admitted as the laughter died down and they sat in silence for a minute before Akari spoke. "I get what you're trying to do but there's no mending anything between me and GiGi. The way she talked to me isn't something I can forgive. I've been down that road before and I'm not—"

"I get it." Miss Gwen said. "Thanks again for the beautiful painting. You know where I am if you ever need anything."

"I do." He nodded before standing. "And you're welcome."

"If you're not busy Thanksgiving though and can push your differences to the side for me I'd love for you to drop by. Even if it's just to say hello."

"Um..." Akari rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't know. I'll have to see what me and my girlfriend are doing. I wouldn't want to disrespect her or my relationship by sitting around—"

"Someone you still like?"

"Someone I—." Akari stopped himself. He wouldn't dare admit to Gwendolyn's grandmother that he'd put his mouth on her.

"Oop." Miss Gwen said assuming he was going to say "love". "Well, it was nice seeing you son, and in case I don't see you for Thanksgiving...happy holidays."

"Happy holidays." Akari forced a smile before heading for the front door and walking out.

He didn't have time to think about this. He'd been excited about the party at Mykell's this Friday night that he and Yasmine would be going to but the excitement was lost now.

"Oh! Oh god! OH GODDD!" GiGi screamed as Tre kept one hand on her lower back and wrapped her hair around his other hand as he hit her from the back. "OH MY GOD!" Her ass jiggled every time he pulled her back into him. He smacked it and she moaned louder as her walls tightened around him.

"Mhm." He smacked her ass twice more. "Get that shit. Oh shit." He thrusted harder. Faster. "Oh shit. Oh shiiiiiit." He came into the condom and collapsed on top of Gwendolyn as he kissed her shoulder.

"Goddamn girl. Whew." He struggled to breathe. He lay on top of her for a few seconds before pulling out and getting up. "Tore that ass up." He smacked her ass as she lay on her stomach on the bed. She lay there like a dead body confused as hell. He'd came but she hadn't.

He'd gotten better at fucking since the last time they'd had sex but it was clear that he was all about getting his and not a woman getting hers. They hadn't gone out tonight. Instead, he'd made dinner and they'd watched a movie. Better yet the movie had been watching them because the moment it started they ended up in his bedroom. This was not how she pictured their first date going after not being a couple for nearly three years. However, she felt like she should've just been happy that he was satisfied. He obviously didn't care about her weight and embraced her for her. He was happy. That made her...happy?

She rolled over onto her back breathing heavily as she stared up at the ceiling.

"I'ma flush this condom and jump in the shower. Feel free to join me if you want." Tre said, winking at her as he exited the bedroom.

Gwendolyn sighed. She was familiar with Tre. It was less work with him because she knew him. She didn't have to worry about what he thought of her or had to get to know him as a person. It was obvious to her that he'd always accept her slim or big. Therefore his decision to end their relationship was easier to forgive. It was easier to put it behind her and start fresh. Tre had expressed to her that he'd let a good thing go when he'd ended their relationship and that he'd work twice as hard to make it up to her and show her that he was sorry.

"Baby!" He yelled. "You coming or what?!" Tre yelled.

Gwendolyn playfully rolled her eyes and sat up so she could go join him but her phone started to ring on the nightstand. She grabbed it and it was Candace calling. She took a deep breath and cleared her throat so she could sound as normal as possible.

"Hey friend.." She answered. "What's up?"

"Oh, nothing. Just calling to make sure you're alive since you left my house in such a hurry to meet with your mystery man." Candace said and Gwendolyn laughed.

"I'm alive and well bitch." Gwendolyn smiled. "Is that all you needed or?"

"Oop. Excuse me then. Not you rushing me off the phone. What are y'all doing that has you wanting to hang up and possibly block me after this call?"

"Candace..."

"Okay. Okay. Geesh. There's a party this Friday that I'm going to and I want my best friend to come along if you're not too busy." Candace said.

Gwendolyn fell silent for a second as she thought about it. She'd been trying to get out of the house more so if Candace wanted her to tag along then what would be the harm?

"Cool. I'm in." She said.

• •

Mmkay. Bye. 🏃🏽‍♀️

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

Loving her Amelia Levi

Подростковая литература

104K 4.1K 82
Olivia is an overly-heavy college freshman. With a dorm room and a new school awaiting, she's excited to press re-start on her life. But nothing seem...
A Thick Girl's Love WinnieJaNae

Любовные романы

625K 23.8K 67
"Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "Talk down on yourself. Every time you get frustrated with yourself you resort to talking bad about yourself." "Thos...
Far From Perfect Angelica Gabriela

Любовные романы

551K 18.3K 44
Far From Perfect. That's what I am. It's what I've always been. How do I even begin to see myself as anything different when all I've ever been is...
Love, Flaw-less. CC

Чиклит

42K 95 1
Check out the full book on Amazon Kindle! ( Link in my bio)