Ghost Whisperer (Teen Wolf)

By _world_of_fandoms_

Anita Lockett was sent to Eichen House at a young age after claiming seeing her older sisters corpse along wi... More

~Faceclaims~
Prologue
Chapter 1: Beacon Hills High
Chapter 2: Derek
Chapter 3: The Past Still Haunts Me
Chapter 4: Just Lab Things
Chapter 5: Putting Pieces Together
Chapter 6: Giant Gecko
Chapter 7: Thank You
Chapter 8: Simon
Chapter 9: Don't Drink the Kool-Aid
Chapter 10: Crimson
Chapter 11: Hospital Blues
Chapter 12: It's a Date
Chapter 13: Growth
Chapter 14: Jealousy
Chapter 15: Likes & Dislikes
Chapter 16: In the Summertime
Chapter 17: Forgivness
Chapter 18: Camping
Chapter 19: Keep it a Secret
Chapter 20: No Surprises
Chapter 22: Linger
Chapter 23: I Will Rescue You
Chapter 24: Tomorrow
Chapter 25: Hotel California
Chapter 26: Black Friday
Chapter 27: Stars Will Fall
Chapter 28: Medicine
Chapter 29: Power
Chapter 30: Your Fault
Chapter 31: Someone to Stay
Chapter 32: In Cold Light

Chapter 21: Never Felt so Low

3.3K 82 14
By _world_of_fandoms_

"In another universe,
it would have been me instead of you.

In this universe,
I would have chosen me instead of you.

I wish it was me".

It was dark.  Only sound could be heard in the void.  Mostly voices though.  Voices that Anita didn't want to hear.

"Peter..."

The sound of the floorboards cracking and then finally giving out.

"Clarice!"

And then Peters distraught cries echoed.

Anita's eyes snapped open, she let out a gasp, feeling her body basically take a screenshot. She then felt a comforting hand on her back, knowing instantly who it belonged too.

"You want to talk about it?" Derek asked.

Anita only looked at the wall in front of her.

"Not really". Anita whispered, her throat hurting from all the crying she did the night before.  "But there are some things I can't shake off".  Anita finished as she rolled herself over, Derek's hand retracting from her back.  She faced Derek but didn't look at him.  She just looked at the bed.

"Clarice knows that she's dead and I haven't seen her in days. Is she avoiding me or did she cross over to the other side?" 

"She probably needs to figure a few things out".  Derek tried to reassure her, not taking his eyes off her.

Anita stayed silent for a moment before finally meeting his eyes.  "I'm just worried for her".

Didn't matter that Clarice was dead.  Anita was always going to worry for her sister.  Especially, now. 

"Derek!"  Isaac's voiced echoed through the building.  Derek let out a deep sigh before getting out of the bed and heading towards where Isaac called him.

Anita just rolled back over and stared blankly at the wall in front of her.  She could hear the two talking but their voices were too far away to make out exactly what they were saying.

Soon enough.  She heard the two get closer.  Derek sitting at the table and Isaac pacing in front of the large panel of windows, close to her.

"You know, I'm starting not to like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous. You know I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him

"You'll be fine". Derek didn't look at him as he was reading through a book.

"Does it have to be him?" Isaac stopped pacing as he stood on the other side of the table

"He knows how to do it. I don't. It would be more dangerous if I tried doing it myself". Derek still looked at the book.

"You know, Scott doesn't trust him. Right? You know, personally, I'd trust Scott-"

"Do you trust me?" Derek lifted his head and looked at Isaac.

"Yeah". Isaac played around with the edges of the chair. "I still don't like him".

"Nobody likes him". Derek told Isaac.

And just like the drama Queen he is.  Peter slid the main door open, making his way towards the two.  "Boys...and Anita.  F.Y.I., Yes, coming back from the dead had left my abilities somewhat impaired but the hearing still works.  So I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is you're feeling straight to my face". 

"We don't like you".  Derek told his uncle bluntly, slamming the book shut and then standing up, facing his uncle.  "Now shut up and help us".

"Fair enough".   Peter flicked his claws out.

"Anita?" Isaac whined as he kept his eyes on Peter, taking a step back. Anita closed her eyes, letting out a deep breath before crawling off the bed and standing up.

"You'll be fine". Anita made her way over, giving Isaac a comforting pat on the back. She then looked to Peter. "Peter will be nice. Won't you?"

"Never know". Peter shrugged innocently as he watched Anita walk over and sit on the couch.

"Relax. I'll get more out of you is you're calm". Peter looked to Isaac. Isaac who was still clearly nervous took Derek's seat on the chair while Derek sat next to Anita on the couch.

"How do you know how to do this, again?" Isaac asked.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas. Since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone, or kill them". Peter answered, moving his claws closer to the back of Isaac's neck.

"You-you've had a lot of practice though, right?"

"Well, I've never paralyzed anyone".

"Wait, does that mean that you-" Isaac immediately grunted once Peters claws went in the back of his neck. He scrambled slightly, gripping onto Peter's arm while Peter held him in a small headlock.

The two started to grunt and Isaac kicked his feet. Anita sat up straighter, shaking her head. "I don't like this".

Derek immediately stood up from his spot, gaining Peter's attention. "Wait. I see them". It didn't take much longer until Peter let go, slamming his hands on the table before walking away from them.

Anita immediately stood up and went over to Isaac. "You okay?" She asked softly, her hands lifting his face up so she could meet his eyes.

"What'd you see?" Derek asked his uncle.

"It was confusing". Peter panted. "Um, im-images. Vague shapes".

"But you saw something."

"Isaac found them".

Anita let go of Isaac's face, looking to Peter. "Erica and Boyd?" Anita asked him.

"I barley saw them. I mean, glimpses".

"But you did see them". Derek questioned.

"Worse". Peter gave Derek a knowing look.

"Deucalion". Derek sat back down on the couch slowly.

"He was talking to them about something. About time running out".

"What does it mean?" Isaac joined in the conversation.

Derek rubbed his hands together, glimpsing at Isaac before looking back to Peter. "He's gonna kill them".

"No, no, no, no, no. He didn't say that. He did make them a promise that by the full moon that they'd both be dead".

"The next full moon?"

"Tomorrow night".

~~~

"Doesn't he need a visitors slip?" Anita asked as Derek walked beside her in the school.

"Anita, they wouldn't allow him in the school. That's why we're sneaking him in". Stiles explained with some annoyance.

"I was just saying. No need to be rude". Anita gave him a look.

"Anita!"

Anita turned around, hearing Charlie call her name. "I'll catch you up in a bit". She told them.

"Be quick!" Stiles almost shouted as him, Derek, and Scott rounded the corner.

"Hey". Anita greeted with a small smile.

"Hey". Charlie met her the rest of the way. "Been awhile".

Anita let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah". The last time the two saw one another was right before he left for the trip with his aunt.

"How have you been?" Charlie asked.

"Fine. Busy. You?" Anita moved some hair away from her face.

"Good. Just miss you".

"Charlie". Anita sighed.

"Sorry. Sorry. Just...can we try again?" Charlie asked seriously.

"No". Anita couldn't believe what he was asking.

"Just no?" He asked.

"No is a full sentence". Anita heard Simon from behind her.

"No is a full sentence". Anita said, mentally thanking Simon.

"I-not that-I didn't mean that. I just".  Simon stumbled over his words.  Letting out a deep breath, his eyes left hers for a moment.

"He should leave you alone".  Simon told Anita, his eyes never leaving Charlie.  Anita only shook her head at her best friend.

"I miss hanging out with you".  Charlie somewhat fixed his wording.

Anita looked back to where she needed to meet the others and then to Charlie.  "I really need to go". Anita gave him an apologetic look.

Charlie clenched his jaw and nodded his head. His gaze was to the ground. "Yeah".

"We'll talk later". Anita turned back around and started to walk down the hall once more, leaving Charlie alone in the hall.

Once Anita found the classroom she entered it, all eyes looking to her but once they saw it was Anita they went back to the conversation. Anita stood by Stiles.

"They're trying to help". Scott told Derek.

"These two". Derek looked to Scott and then pointed to Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic uncle. Thank you". Derek crossed his arms at the end and then looked to Allison. "And this one who shot about 30 arrows into me and my pack".

"Okay, all right. Now, come on. No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction".

Derek looked to Stiles clearly annoyed. Not only because it was Stiles but because; "Anita almost died".

"Oh, yeah". Stiles looked to Anita. "Forgot about that. But almost. Key word".

Anita furrowed her eyebrows, shaking her head at him.

"My mother died". Allison looked to Derek.

"Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me". Derek told Allison calmly.

"That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him not you".

"You wanna help? Find something real". Derek gave Allison one last look before heading for the door.

"Derek. Give her a chance. Okay. They're on our side now". Scott stopped Derek.

"Well then maybe you should tell her what her mother was actually trying to do that night". Derek said seriously to Scott. His gaze moving to Anita and then he walked out of the room.

~~~

"The stock market is based on two principles. What are they?" Coach asked the class. Scott raised his hand.

"Yes, McCall, you can go to the bathroom". Coach glanced at him then looked around the class again.

"Anybody else?"

"Uh, no Coach. I know the answer". Scott told him.

Coach bursted out laughing thinking that Scott was joking.  His laugh made Anita break out into a grin, holding back her laughter.  His laugh was contagious.

Coach suddenly stopped laughing when he realized;  "Oh.  You're serious"

"Yes.  Risk and reward".  Scott answered.

"Wow!  Who are you?  And what have you done to McCall?  Don't answer that.  I like you better. I like you better".  Coach made his way in front of Scott, whispering the last part.

"Does anybody have a quarter?"

Stiles dug into his pocket as Coach asked again.

"Yep". 

Anita's eyes widened and she accidentally let a laugh escape.  "That does not look like a quarter".  Anita, who was sitting behind Scott said.

Stiles only looked mortified.

"Stilinski.  I think you, uh...you dropped this".  Coach leaned forward, picking up the packaged condom and handed it back to Stiles.  "And congratulations".

"Risk and reward.  Put the quarter in the mug. Win the reward".  Coach instructed.  "Okay, watch Coach".   Coach demonstrated, the quarter going into the mug, making the students clap.

"Huh?  Huh?  That's how you do it.  Okay?  Danny".  Coach tossed him the quarter.  "Risk, reward".

"What's the reward?"  Danny asked.

"You don't have to take the pop quiz tomorrow".

"Coach, it's not a pop quiz if you tell us about it".  Danny said a bit confused.

"Danny, you know I really expected more from you at this point.  Really".  Coach turned to Scott.  "McCall.  Risk, reward.  The risk.  If you don't put the quarter in the mug, you have to take the pop-the quiz and-and you have to write an essay.  Risk.  More work.  Reward.  No work at all.  Or choose not to play".

"Isn't this just chance?"  Scott asked.

"No".  Coach shook his head.  "You know your abilities.  Your coordination.  Your focus.  Last experience". 

Scott put the quarter down.

"No play.  Okay.  Who's next?"  Coach asked.  "Who wants the quarter?"

Stiles looked around to see if anyone volunteered and when he saw no one did he drummed his hands on his books and papers all happily.

"There ya go!  There's a gambling man!  Come on!  Step up.  Step up".  Coach handed the quarter to Stiles as he passed by him, clapping.

"All right.  Stilinski"

Anita moved her eyes from Stiles when she heard the classroom door open, revealing the Sheriff and a deputy.

"Stiles".  His dad called.

"Yeah, Coach.  I got it".  Stiles was in position, more focus on throwing the quarter in the mug.

"Stiles".  His dad called again, this time gaining his attention.  When Stiles stepped out of the classroom, Anita leaned forward, closer to Scott.

"Tell me what's going on".  Anita whispered and Scott gave her the information he was hearing.

Once school was out, Anita walked home. Many different thoughts were racing her mind and the walk gave her time to think but in all honesty she was still exhausted from the vision. Anita walked up the few steps to her front door, pulling the right key out and unlocking the door.

"Anita".

Anita instantly turned around, seeing her sister. "Clarice". Anita said softly.

Clarice took in her sister in front of her. Her hand going to grab onto Anita's arm but it just went through. Anita frowned at that but didn't say anything.

"You've grown so much". Clarice smiled only for a second. Anita nodded.

It was strange. The two really didn't know what to say. Clarice just found out that she's dead and Anita...she wanted her sister to come see her but now that she's here. She doesn't know what to say or do.

"I should've came sooner but I...well I had to think". Clarice spoke slowly, her eyebrows knitting together. Clarice tried to touch her sisters arm again but of course it went through. It made Clarice frustrated. She didn't show it physically but it was clear on her face. She was frustrated and devastated.

"I saw it". Anita finally spoke up. "The day you..." Anita couldn't even finish as tears started to build up in her eyes. Tears gathered in Clarice's eyes as well. Clarice nodded, knowing what Anita meant.

The two just looked at one another. Knowing that they couldn't find comfort in each others arms and that was paining them both.

"I'm really sorry, Clarice". Anita apologized. Knowing the pain and suffering her sister went through that day and that she was dead. Her life was and has been over.

Clarice's lips trembled and she nodded again. "I know". Clarice's voice cracked.  A tear ran down her cheek and then she was suddenly gone.

Anita took in a few breaths, turning back towards the front door and heading inside.  She closed the door immediately after stepping inside.  Anita turned around so her back was leaning against the door as her chest heaved up and down.  She placed one hand over her forehead as she started to cry.

She was emotionally and physically in pain.  Her chest kept hurting and her stomach kept doing flips.  She didn't have much time to let it all out as her cell phone soon began to ring.

Anita fumbled a bit but reached into her back pocket of her jeans and saw Isaac was calling her.  Getting a grip on herself she answered.

"Yeah?"

"Hey, can you get to the Vet Clinic right now?  It's important".  Isaac asked.

"Heading over now". 

Anita would always be there for others.

~~~

"How slow does his heart rate have to be?"

"Very slow".

"Okay, well, how slow is very slow?" Derek asked leaning over to look at the tub or ice water.

"Nearly dead".

Isaac hissed, retracting his hand from the ice water.

"It's safe though, right?" Isaac asked.

"Do you want me to answer honestly?"

"Oh, gosh". Anita whispered, rubbing her hand over her face nervously.

"No, no. Not really".

The sound of rubber being slapped filled the air, making all heads turn to of course Stiles who was messing around with a rubber glove.

"What?"

"What do you mean what?" Anita raised an eyebrow to Stiles at the same time Derek gave him a look. Stiles annoyedly took the rubber glove off and threw it on the ground.

"Look, if it feels too risky you don't have to do this". Derek looked to his beta. Isaac didn't even think about it, he took his shirt off. Here goes nothing.

As soon as Isaac stepped in the tub, sitting down, Derek and Scott pushed him under. Isaac fought to resurface, growing as he did so.

"Get him back under". Deaton directed.

Isaac fought more.

"Hold him".

"We're trying!"

Finally, he stopped struggling and floated to the top.

"Now, remember. Only I talk to him. Too many voices will confuse him and draw him out". Deaton whispered to the group. "Isaac? Can you hear me?"

"Yes. I can hear you".

"This is Dr. Deaton. I'd like to ask you a few questions. Is that alright?"

"Yes".

"I want to ask you about the night you found Erica and Boyd. I want you to remember it to me in vivid detail as possible. Like you're actually there again".

"I-I don't wanna do that. I don't wanna do that". Isaac started to panic which caused the lights to flicker in the room.

"It's alright. Just relax. They're just memories. You can't be hurt by a memory".

"I don't wanna do that".

"Relax...relax". Deaton repeated calmly which seemed to do the trick on Isaac.

"Good. Now let's go back to that night. To the place you found Erica and Boyd. Can you tell me what you see? Is there some kind of building? A house?"

"It's not a house. It's stone. I think marble". Isaac described.

"That's perfect. Can you give me any other descriptions?"

"It's dusty. So empty".

"Like an abandoned building?"

Thunder rumbled and the lights flickered again.

"Isaac? Isaac?"

"Someone's here. Someone's here." Isaac panicked again, his arm reaching out and grabbing Anita's arm where she stood next to Derek.

Anita didn't even have time to react where she froze and she was seeing what Isaac was seeing.

"Isaac, relax".

"No, no, no, they see me. They see me!"

"Hey, what's happening to her?" Stiles was the first one to notice as he looked to Anita's glazed over eyes.

"She's seeing what Isaac is seeing. Don't remove the bond". Deaton looked to Anita and then back to Isaac who was still panicking.

"They see me!"

"Just memories. You won't be hurt by memories. Just relax. Good".

Isaac calmed down again but his grip on Anita never left.

"Now tell us what you see. Tell us everything".

Isaac described to them what he saw. What Erica and Boyd were talking about and what they were worrying about calmly. But it didn't last as panic flew through him again.

"They're here. They're here!"

"It's alright".

"No"

"They see me! They found me!"

"This isn't working. Isaac where are you?" Derek questioned.

"I can't see them it's too dark. It's too dark".

"Tell me where you are".

"I can't see!"

Derek continued to yell at Isaac demanding for answers and through Isaac's panic he let go of Anita.  Anita stumbled a bit, grabbing the edge of the tub as her eyes blinked rapidly.  Her face scrunched up in pain, feeling like she was going to pass out.

"I saw the name". Scott helped Isaac out of the tub while Deaton wrapped a towel around him.

"It's uh, Beacon Hills First National Bank. It's um-it's an abandoned bank and they're keeping them locked inside-inside the vault". Isaac explained but noticed everyone was silent.

"What?"

"You don't remember what you said right before you came out of it, do you?" Stiles questioned.

"No"

"You said when they captured you that they dragged you into a room and that there was a body in it". Stiles continued.

"What body?"

"Erica. You said it was Erica".

There was an awkward silence as Isaac dried off and put his shirt back on. Derek was somewhat pacing the rooms finally breaking the silence.

"She's not dead".

"Derek, he said "there's a dead body".  Doesn't exactly leave us much room for interpretation".  Stiles tried to get Derek to accept it.

"Then who was in the vault with Boyd?"

"Someone else obviously."

"And maybe it was the girl on the motorcycle.  Okay, the one who saved you?"  Scott turned to Isaac.

"No.  She wasn't like us and whoever was in the vault with Boyd was".

"Anita saw what you did".  Stiles gestured to Anita and then looked at her weirdly as she slowly slid down the wall to sit on the ground.

Anita groaned as she heard her name.  "I'm too tired to talk".  She mumbled.

"Hey, no.  Anita".  Stiles walked closer to her and clapped his hands twice by her face to wake her up, but all it did was make her jump and groan.

"Hey!"  Derek gave Stiles a look, grabbing Stiles arm.

"Owwwww.  Ok!"  Stiles wiggled out of Derek's grip and moving back in his spot before speaking once again;

"What if that's how Erica died?  They, like, put them against each other during the full moons and see which one survives.  It's like werewolf thunder dome"

"Then we get them out tonight".  Derek basically ordered.

"Be smart about this, Derek".  Dr. Deaton spoke up.  "You can't just go storming in".

"If Isaac got in then so can we".

"But he didn't get through a vault door, did he?"

"We need a plan".  Scott looked at them.

"How are we gonna come up with a plan to break into a bank vault in less than 24 hours?"  Derek gave Scott a look.

"Uh, I think someone already did".  Stiles looked at his phone.  "Beacon Hills First National closes its doors three months after vault robbery.  Doesn't say here how it was robbed but it probably won't take long to find out". 

"How long?"

"It's the internet, Derek".  Stiles let out a small laugh and when Derek raised his eyebrows at him he answered.  "Okay?  Minutes"

"Great.  You can start researching then".  Derek said and Stiles mouth hung open.

"Wait-I". Stiles for once was speechless.

"We're going now".  Derek walked in front of Anita as she was very groggily.  Picking her up and carrying her in her arms they headed out of the building.

Anita was already asleep by the time they got to the car.

~~~

"What do you think you're gonna do Derek?  You gonna punch through the wall?"  Stiles questioned, looking up from the map of the bank to Derek beside him.

Anita was sitting on the spiral staircase, a few steps in front of Peter who was sitting behind her.  The two just listening to the three.

"Yes, Stiles, I'm gonna punch through the wall". Derek, with an annoyed look on his face crossed his arms over his chest, facing Stiles completely now smiling.

"Okay, okay, big guy.  Let's see it.  Let's see that fist.  Big old fist make it.  Come on".  Stiles egged him on which caused Derek to drop his smile and raise his hand up into a fist.  "Get it out there.  Don't be scared.  Big, Bad Wolf.  Yeah, look at that".

"Stiles, you're asking for a broken hand".  Anita called to him.

"I'm good.  Thanks for worrying about me though, Anita".  Stiles looked back to her for a second.

"I'm not worried about you.  I'm worried that Derek's fist is going to hurt after breaking your bones".  Anita smiled innocently, making Peter snort at her comment.

Stiles only grumbled and then grabbed Derek's wrist.  "Okay.  See this?"  Stiles then lifted his other hand close to Derek's fist.  Letting go of his wrist.  "That's maybe 3 inches of room to gather enough force to punch through solid co-".

Stiles didn't finish as Derek punched Stiles hand, making Stiles fall on the table and groan in pain while holding his hand.  "Ah". 

Derek with his fist still out from punching Stiles looked to Anita who only smiled to him proudly.

"Ah!  He could do it".  Stiles whined, walking away while Scott looked at Derek with a 'was that necessary' look.

"I'll get through the wall.  Whose following me down?"  Derek looked from Scott to Peter.

"Don't look at me.  I'm not up to fighting speed yet and honestly with Isaac out of commission you're not looking at very good odds for yourself".  Peter spoke up from behind Anita.

"So I'm supposed to just let them die?"  Derek questioned his uncle.

"One of them is already dead".  Peter shrugged.

"We don't know that".  Derek fought back and Anita looked at him sadly and then to the ground.

She knew.  She saw it.

"Do I have to remind you what we're up against here?  A pack of alphas.  All of them killers".  Peter started as Stiles came back to the table, still cradling his injured hand.

"And if that's not enough to scare your testicles back into your stomach, try to remember that two of them combine bodies to form one giant alpha.  I'm sure Erica and Boyd were sweet kids, they're gonna be missed ".

"Could someone kill him again, please?"  Stiles asked.

"Derek, seriously?  Not worth the risk".  Peter then crossed his arms over his chest.

"What about you?"  Derek asked Scott.

"Yeah, if you want me to come-". Stiles started, ready to go.

"Not you!"  Derek was quick to cut Stiles off, his eyes closed.  Clearly had enough with him today. 

"Got it".

"I don't know about Erica but if Boyd's still alive we have to do something.  We have to try".  Scott started.

"But?"

"Who's the other girl?  The one locked in their with Boyd?"  Scott finished.

Anita didn't stick around to hear the rest of the conversation as she grabbed onto the railing of the stairs, hoisting herself up and walking towards the kitchen area.

"You're not going. Right?" Simon appeared in front of her.

"Do you think I'm a fool?" Anita questioned, moving past him.

"No. But I know how you are". Simon stayed in his spot, turning around when she passed. Anita not saying anything as she grabbed the loaf of bread on the counter and opened it, taking a piece of bread out and biting into it.

"You're weird".  Simon said as he watched her eat just bread.

"I'm a you know what".  Anita started as she knew the two other werewolves that didn't know what she was, was in the room could hear her.  "And you classify eating bread is weird?"  Anita smiled widely.

Simon's face scrunched up as she took another bite from the bread.  "Yes.  Like toast it and put jam or butter on it.  Make a sandwich for crying out loud".  Simon threw his arms in the air.

Anita only started laughing, covering her mouth as bread was still in it. 

"You need protein".  Simon pointed out and then a mischievous grin appeared on his face.  "Why don't you eat Derek's-"

"Ew!  Gross!"  Anita loudly cut him off, tossing the bread at him.  The two watched it plop on the ground.

Simon looked at it and then a bit behind her.  "Derek's here.  Bye".  Simon then vanished.

"Don't ask".  Anita said before turning around to Derek who had his arms crossed over his chest.

"I won't".  Derek smiled as he looked at the bread with a few bite marks taking out of it on the ground.  Anita went over and picked the bread up, throwing it away.  She then went back to the counter to twist the bread bag back up.

"We talked the plan over.  Scott and I are leaving soon".  Derek got straight to the point.

Anita didn't say anything as she pushed the bread to the side, turning around, leaning against the counter. "Do you think it's a good idea it's just the two of you?"

"Peter isn't coming and Isaac is still recovering. It's the best shot we have". Derek explained.

Anita looked down at the floor in front of her, not saying anything else.  Derek let out a sigh from her silence before walking towards her.  He stopped when he was a few feet in front of her.  He reached his hand out and brushed his thumb over her arm soothingly.

"Just be careful". Anita looked up at him.

"You know I will". Derek gave her a comforting smile. Anita nodded before wrapping her arms around him.

~~~

"I can't take waiting around like this. You know? It's nerve racking. My nerves are racked. They're severely racked. Racked". Stiles looked out the window, gazing at the full moon while Anita was sprawled out on the couch, smirking as each time she put her feet on Peters lap he pushed them off.

"What did you say you're feeling now?" Anita asked sarcastically.

"I could beat you unconscious and wake you when it's over". Peter offered, shoving Anita's feet off him again only for her to put them back up, making him give her an annoyed look.

"You think Erica's really dead?" Stiles turned to the two.

"You think I really care?" Peter asked with his eyes closed.

"I just-I don't understand the bank though, okay? Wha-like, why wouldn't they chain them up in some underground lair or something?" Stiles started to pace. "They're an alpha pack, right? So shouldn't they have a lair?"

"They're werewolves. Not bond villains".

"Wait a sec. Wait a sec". Stiles moved to a different spot. "Maybe they're living there. You know? Like maybe the bank vault reminds them of their little wolf dens"

"Wolf dens?" Anita asked.

"Yeah. Wolf dens. Where do you live?" Stiles turned to Peter making Anita let out a laugh which caused Peter to place his hands on her ankles while looking at Stiles.

"In an underground network of caves hidden deep in the woods". Peter told Stiles seriously.

"Whoa, really?"

Anita let out a snort.

"No, you idiot. I have an apartment downtown".

"Okay, fine, but still that just proves that there's something up with the bank and why wait around for the full moon, huh? Why not just kill them whenever they want to?"

"Maybe they think it's poetic".

"They've already had three full moons to be poetic".

"And here you've only had one full hour to be so annoying". Peter groaned. Anita looked at Stiles as she held back another laugh.

"No, go ahead. Finish what you were saying. I'm an-I'm an annoying...what we're you gonna say there?" Stiles asked.

Peter slowly sat up, making Anita move her feet as she watched Peter.

"What are the walls made of?" Peter asked Stiles.

"What? Uh. I don't know, like, wood and brick or-"

"No, the vault, the vault, the walls, what are they made out of?" Peter went over to the map making the other two follow him.

"Where would it say that?" Stiles asked as Peter flipped through the maps.

"Doesn't say anything. Where-where would it say the materials. The type of stone?"  Peter asked Stiles.

"I remember seeing that".  Anita spoke up, quickly going over, and going through everything before finding the packet of papers.  "Here".  She placed it on the table as the three gathered around.

"There!  That's it!"  Stiles pointed at a passage.

"Hecatolite". Anita whispered. "I've heard that before". Anita couldn't seem to think where.

"Is that bad?" Stiles looked from Anita to Peter.

"Get 'em on the phone". Peter instructed him. "Call them. Now!" Peter shouted at the end making a stiles flinch and reach for his phone.

"Okay, why?" Stiles asked.

"'Cause Boyd and that girl aren't gonna kill each other. They're gonna kill Derek and Scott". Peter finished. This caused Anita for her stomach to tighten and her face to pale. Her day kept getting worse and worse.

"Oh, this can't be happening.". Anita started to pace around the room while Stiles put the phone on speaker.

"You gotta get out of there". Stiles told Scott quickly.

"Look. The walls of the vault are made with a mineral called Hecatolite. It scatters the moonlight". Stiles explained.

"What does that mean?" Scott asked.

Anita quickly marched over, grabbing the phone from Stiles. They're wasting time.

"It means Boyd and the girl have not felt the moon in months. The material keeps the moon from reaching them. They have no control".

"Think of it like the gladiators in the Roman colosseum. They used to starve the lions for three days, making them more vicious. More out of control. Deucalion has kept them from shifting for three full moons. Diminishing their tolerance to it." Peter explained while Stiles took the phone back from Anita.

"Scott, they're gonna be stronger-"

"Savage"

"More Bloodthirsty, Scott"

Peter and Anita jumped in after Stiles.

"They're the lions. They're the starved lions and you and Derek just stepped into the colosseum".

Scott didn't answer. On the other line they heard growling and then soon hits being thrown.

"Scott!" Stiles yelled and then the line went dead. The three only stared at one another.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 43 8
You could feel something, but you weren't too sure whether it was a bad thing or a good thing. Lying on the couch you looked out the window, the weat...
108K 5K 52
[BOOK 5] "๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ช๐™˜๐™ ๐™ค๐™› ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ข๐™š๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™š๐™ก๐™จ๐™š, ๐™ฉ๐™ค ๐™จ๐™–๐™ซ๐™š ๐™ข๐™š ๐™›๐™ง๐™ค๐™ข ๐™ข๐™ฎ๐™จ๐™š๐™ก๐™› - ๐™ž ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™š๐™™ ๐™– ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™œ๐™š๐™ก." F...
14.8K 647 15
"Okay so... Peter bit Scott and now Scott's a werewolf, but the girl he had been flirting with before Peter even bit him just happens to be an Argent...
1.2M 30.9K 22
[COMPLETED] โIt was my fault for caring. I've made a habit of never doing that again.โž All teenagers dealt with first-world problems that seemed a...