Eternal love

By sundas1705

Short stories collection where love and characters lives.... join various couples and families in their journ... More

Introduction
Dil Ka Rishta❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
❤️
Epilogue ❤️
Dil Ka Rishta ❤️ bonus chapter
Vasl... Union 💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
💞
Epilogue 💞
bonus chapter 💞
Ishq Kamal 💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
💘
Epilogue 💘
Ishq Kamal 💘 bonus chapter
Raabta💓 (sequel of Vasl 💞)
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
💓
Epilogue 💓
bonus chapter💓
Special bonus chapter 💓
Part # 1
Part # 2
New Stories (Prologues)
Qurbat ❣️
Chapter # 1❣️
Chapter # 2❣️
Chapter # 3❣️
Chapter # 4❣️
Chapter # 5❣️
Chapter # 6❣️
Chapter # 7❣️
Chapter # 8❣️
Epilogue ❣️
Muntazir✨
Chapter # 1✨
Chapter # 2✨
Chapter # 3✨
Chapter # 4✨
Chapter # 5✨
Chapter # 6✨
Chapter # 7 ✨
Chapter # 8✨
Chapter # 9✨
Chapter # 10✨
Chapter # 11✨
Epilogue ✨
Bonus Chapter ✨ (Daima & Adam special)
Fitoor 🥰
Chapter # 1 🥰
Chapter # 2 🥰
Chapter # 3 🥰
Chapter # 4 🥰
Chapter # 5 🥰
Chapter # 6 🥰
Chapter # 7 🥰
Chapter # 8 🥰
Chapter # 9 🥰
Epilogue 🥰
Bonus chapter 🥰
𝗜𝗠𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧𝗔𝗡𝗧 𝗔𝗡𝗡𝗢𝗨𝗡𝗖𝗘𝗠𝗘𝗡𝗧!!
Muntazir 💫 (Rewritten)
Chapter # 1 💫
Chapter # 2 💫
Chapter # 3 💫
Chapter # 5 💫
Chapter # 6 💫
Chapter # 7 💫
Chapter # 8 💫
Chapter # 9 💫
Chapter # 10 💫
Chapter # 11💫
Chapter # 12 💫
Chapter # 13 💫
Chapter # 14 💫
Chapter # 15💫
Chapter # 16 💫
Epilogue 💫
Q & A ?! ( your question, my words)

Chapter # 4 💫

2.2K 146 95
By sundas1705

Hazrein Nazerin... Dekhti ankhoo aur parhne walo ko Mera Salaam...

Asalam o alaikum and hello beauties!

How are you all? Hope you are all doing well and happy with your loved ones.

Yes suprise early update because why not.

Hope you enjoy the changes and the story.

Keep supporting and loving ❤️

Enjoy the update.

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

کچھ رشتوں کے قرض کا بوجھ دل اُٹھانے سے گیا
تُو نبھانے سے گیا، میں چکانے سے گیا۔۔۔۔

Kuch Rishton ke karz Ka bojh dil uthane se gaya
Tu nibhaane se Gaya, main chukane se gaya

(Written by me)

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

In the hush of deepening blue comes evening to the city, spread wide through the skies. Ever lit, ever awake, ever with pulsing hearts and tired bodies who want the comfort of home.

The dawn blanketed nature with its dark cocoon as it provides a sense of security and protection to its observer. The sense to go back home and be with your loved ones, after spending a hectic and exhausting labor day.

With that thought in mind, her hands moved quickly as she again checked the time on her phone. It wasIt was almost dinner time and here she was busy preparing dinner for the whole family with the house almost to herself.

"Ahhh... Almost done here Manna,"

Mannat stirred the pot carefully smiling when everything is almost done. She put the dish on simmering heat and lean against the counter to sigh in relief.

"Shukar Allah miyan Ka hogya yeh bhi,"

Dabbing sweat off her face with her dupatta, she looked around at the quietness that was irking her senses for hours now. But it also gives her time to think clearly.

The whole Hamdani house is empty while she is making dinner for everyone. She even sends the servants off earlier. Her hands are almost healed but there are still some cuts that will take time to seal, just like her soul.

Closing her eyes and stopping her mind from wandering around, she looked down at her hands with a little bandage that is now smudged with spices, oil, and other stuff.

Shaking her head, she knew if Jannat see this, it will be a long lecture for her but then her mind relaxed knowing her sister is not at home. No one is except her and her phupho Jaan.

The 50th anniversary of Hamdani Textile is coming next week, and the men were preparing for it for months. Mirza Sahab, Shafiq Sahab, and Adam went to the company to check the arrangements.

While Jannat and Shameen beghum drag Umar with them so they can buy some groceries and dresses. Hadiya beghum was feeling tired after her emergency trip to her out-of-town office, that's why she is resting in her room. While she had no idea where Murad and Sanam were, probably out for some private time or business meetings as they have been attending those frequently.

Mannat rubbed her forehead and try to soothe the pain but nothing helped, it's been like this since last night and only increased to the point that even breathing is painful for her. She is experiencing the worst headache but she can't tell anyone because no one is home.

It's not like they are too busy to care for her, she sighed as she remembered why she is not with them as they never leave her alone even for a minute and now she is dealing with all this.

It's because of what happened yester-night, something that made everyone ignore her like a plague because that's what they are doing. Shaking her head to ignore the pain, her mind drifted to last night and what happened.

Flashback

"This is long overdue,"

"I agree with Umar,"

"So do I,"

Hadiya beghum moved her sharp gaze towards the trio who stood behind Shafiq Sahab and Mirza Sahab while Shameen beghum sit silently with a blank face even when her heart was feeling the worst pain, a mother can feel for her kids.

"Not this again... I already said-,"

"But Mama, you said you will talk with him yet nothing happened. He is staying here like he didn't do anything. He should know what he did is not something we will take this lightly,"

"Don't tell me what to do Adam,"

"But he is right phupho Jaan... It's about damn time we throw divorce papers on his face and end this torture for our manna, he doesn't deserve her,"

"And I said-,"

Hadiya beghum was yet again cut off but this time by her brother who anxiously want to end the matter without looking like he is opposing his elder sister's earlier decision.

"I agree with Umar. My lawyer is prepared for the legal work, the papers are here. You just have to sign it manna, I will deal with everything else,"

At those words, eyes moved towards the one who was fisting the couch with white knuckles as her gaze was fixed on the papers laid on the bed. Her tense body and blank eyes were enough to cut anyone's heart but they are blinded by their anger at the moment and only want freedom for her.

"WILL YOU ALL STOP FOR A MINUTE AND LISTEN TO ME!"

"Appa-,"

"Don't Shafiq... I understand with Umar, Adam, and Jannat, they are young blood with no patience but what the hell are you doing huh? Is this how you going to solve your house matters? This is your wisdom,"

But Shafiq Sahab only scoffed at those words as he spoke venomously.

"I lost all my wisdom the day I bound her to that tyrant son of mine. I made a mistake and I will do anything to correct it,"

"Very well then. And you won't say anything like always haina Shameen?"

Turning to her sister-in-law, Hadiya beghum tried to ask in a polite tone but got no response from Shameen beghum as she looked down with tears falling from her eyes, she huffed and spoke sarcastically.

"Perfect... What about you Mirza? Is this what you want for your daughter too?"

"It- It's for the best Appa... I don't want this pain for my daughter,"

"And did any of you ask her what she wants?"

That question got everyone's attention as they gulped trying to not look at Mannat who was still staring at those papers like a statue. Jannat opened her mouth but one glare and sharp words of her aunt shut her up.

"Phupho-,"

"Jo bolo gi Soch ke bolna Jannat... Mamla sirf ek Zindagi Ka Nahi ha,"

Jannat gulped at that statement as she looked down with furrowed eyebrows but Umar was agitated with the prolonged discussion, they were supposed to come to Hadiya beghum room, get Mannat signs as she was always sticking to her phupho side, and leave as they start the legal process but here they are having a full-fledged argument of what is wrong and what is right.

"But this is right for her... She doesn't need to stay bound to him. He has moved on so should she,"

"And we as his parents permit her... Just sign the papers manna bacha and you are free of this namesake bond,"

The humorless chuckle followed by the loud slow claps made everyone flinch while Hadiya beghum sarcasm was as clear as daylight.

"Amazing... I am so proud of this. Kya baat ha, itne azeem log aur susral wale kidhr milte ha aj kal, very lucky of you manna,"

"Mama-,"

"Don't bother... If this is what you guys think is best for her, then be it. But let me clarify one thing... She will only sign if she wants to,"

Adam shut his mouth after his mother's words but his anxiety and stress were increased with the silence coming from Mannat. His heart was pounding like crazy, he might be selfish to get her for himself but he only wants the best for her.

Mirza Sahab frowned as he gazed at his daughter and then toward his sister.

"What do you mean by it Appa?"

"Whatever it does. I will stand by Manna and whatever she decides is the final verdict... I won't hear another word after that. You have 5 minutes to get her answer,"

And just like that the elder daughter of the Hamdani family gave them the ultimatum in response to Mirza Sahab's question.

"Phupho,"

"Appa,"

"Mama-,"

"Your time starts now,"

Huffing in annoyance, Umar was the first one to list the pros of signing the paper and ending the lifetime pain for Mannat as everyone else backed him.

"Unbelievable... Mannat just sign the papers and end this baby... We only want your best and he is not that for you,"

"Yes... Sign these,"

"Sign it manna,"

"Here the pen, you are just one sign away from the pain,"

Passing the pen to her, Jannat squeeze her shoulder as if to give her support but it only increased the numbness inside her.

"Do it, my child,"

Her father tried to sigh as he passed a little broken smile to her with tears in his eyes, he never thought he will say something like this to his daughter ever.

"Divorce him and give him the taste of his medicine,"

The angry tone of Shafiq Hamdani was not missed by the crowd as they surrounded her from all sides.

"Sign so we can finally deal with him,"

Adam tried to reassure her but she was not looking at anyone but at her lap where the last nail was presented to close the coffin of her expectations.

"Mannat sign it, I will handle him,"

"Sign it and be free Mannat...,"

Umar and Jannat's continuous voices poked her skin like needles and she gulped as her hands shook and she hold the pen tightly in her grip.

"Mannat...,"

"Manna,"

Hadiya beghum wanted to tell them to step back for a moment but she hold herself, she knew this was Mannat's battle and she can only hope her child will be to tackle it.

While Shameen beghum just sit there crying as not even one word escape her mouth. She doesn't want this for her kids, she never wanted this.

"Sign the divorce papers and end this wait, khatam kardo sab Kuch,"

"He doesn't deserve you,"

"Sign. It,"

"Manna,"

"Mannat do it,"

Suddenly breathing seems difficult to her as she moved a hand to her chest and try to ignore their word and demands. But something snapped at that moment as a roar came out of her mouth that shocked everyone presents there.

"STOP! JUST STOP THIS,"

"Manna-,"

Standing up frantically, she crumpled the papers fisting them and looked at people she call family with bloodshot eyes, a trembling body, shivering lips, and a blazing soul as all voices faded.

"NO! STOP! DON'T,"

"Manna baby-,"

"I SAID STOP JANNAT UMER HAMDANI,"

It was enough to shake Jannat who looked wide eyes at her sister like some demon possessed her body.

"What do you think I am Huh? What do you think I am? Janwar hon? Bhair Bakri hon? Kya ho main?"

When no one said a word, Mannat continue talking as she pulled her hair and then yelled frantically looking at each person standing with their mouth dropped and heart stopped for a moment.

"Manna sign the nikkah paper and no one will take you away from Baba... I SIGNED..., manna wait for him, he will one day understand, I WAITED... Manna, this is not your fault that he left, he doesn't hate you... HA JOKES ON US... AND NOW THIS! MANNA SIGN THE DIVORCE PAPERS! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM? STOP WITH THIS! JUST STOP,"

"Mannat-,"

"No Baba... No! I tried, I tried so hard to not let anything out but I can't hold it anymore... I- I can't- I can't...,"

She shook her head as she moved back from her father who tried to hold her hand but she just moved back crying.

Tears started to stream down her face, her throat already feeling clogged with emotions weighing down her soul with everything she felt in past years and her body betraying her like always as she started to feel weak inside.

"Then what are you going to do? Spend more years on him and be another woman in his life,"

Her eyes moved to Umer who was too frustrated to understand what she is going through. Her outer pain is making him blind to see what her inner pain makes her feel.

A silent sob left her as she moved her head left and right with a faraway look.

"No... I don't want that,"

"Then sign-,"

"But I don't want this too,"

"Mannat this is stupid,"

And again she roared like a queen who is ready to defend her kingdom and burn it down herself if the need arises as she glared at Umar whose anger was getting out of control but her words only shock others.

"then call me stupid, I don't care... But have you spent 13 years of your life bound to someone? 13 years devoted to someone? 13 YEARS WAITING FOR SOMEONE,"

"He doesn't love you,"

"And I am glad he didn't...,"

"What-,"

Another shock was given without any care as she tried to wipe her tears but let them fall when they didn't stop. She again chuckled bitterly as a disappointment for herself crawl its way to her heart.

She looked like a broken doll, one who has tears but still laugh at her cruel fate, something about the vision stabbed each person present there.

"Yes... I am glad he is not stupid like me who fell in love with the illusion created to comfort my mind back then... I am glad he didn't... It's damaged enough, I am damaged enough. I don't know what would have happened if he does,"

Umar's heart pinched looking at her condition, he was going to say something else but closed his eyes and demanded the same thing while she just sighed in defeat.

"Manna, you are not- just let him go,"

"No! You don't understand,"

"THEN MAKE ME UNDERSTAND GODDAMNIT!"

"YOU WON'T BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL BLINDED BY HATE AND ANGER, JUST LIKE YOU WERE FOR YEARS. HE MIGHT DOESN'T HATE ME BUT HE IS THE ONE HATED BY YOU ALL,"

Mirza Sahab looked at his daughter with sorrow, what has his one mistake done to his family? While Shafiq Sahab was dumbstruck by manna's this side. Umar, Jannat, Shameen beghum, and Adam were not far behind but only one person was feeling relief that Mannat was letting all out and Hadiya beghum just give a pained smile to her doll.

Mannat felt her Phupho hand patting her back but didn't get much time to look at her as another horror-filled voice grab her attention.

"You- you are still taking his side?"

This time Adam spoke as Umar was too stunt to continue.

"No... I am not Adam, but I know how he felt, maybe a part fraction of what he felt. Imagine being forcefully married to a kid. He was just 18... JUST 18 FOR GOD'S SAKE! A kid who was bound to rebel or be repulsed by the idea of getting married to a kid... A KID OF 12 YEARS AND HIS COUSIN AT THAT... Maybe he liked someone, maybe he had dreamed of falling in love one day. I know that because I did. But then I was told that he will come back one day because he is important to me. And my stupid mind accepted that dream immediately because I was thirsty and desperate for someone who will never leave me. Who will always love me... Who will always be mine,"

"But he was wrong,"

"And we all are not? Ap bhi yahi karte na Umer Bhai? If you were in his place, would you accept your fate or act like he did? What about you Adam?"

"its different manna,"

"It is only different when you are not in his place... Aag ki shidaat Ka ehsaas tab hi hota ha jab aag apke Ghar ko ya Dil ko lage... so yes, It's not his fault for going away back then,"

"He left us all Manna,"

Moving her eyes to the man who she loved more than her father but he always becomes a different person when Murad is concerned.

"And you only blame him bade Papa?"

"I-,"

"Because I don't... He did what he thought was right... I just don't want to rush in things like what happened years ago, that's all I am saying,"

"If you don't leave him then he will. If you think nothing stopped him from coming here with another wife, what will stop him from leaving you?"

But like always the words fell on deaf ears, and the truth was blinded. Shafiq Sahab tried to make her understand but she was not backing down today.

"Then I will be happy to give him that choice... At least that one,"

"You sound too blind and crazy in love... Stop this craziness and sign this. This ends today,"

"NO! THIS WON'T,"

Umar tried to snatch the papers from her hand but Mannat moved away and put her hand on his chest to push him away. Jannat was quick to stand between them while Umar ground his teeth and Mannat glared at him.

"Mannat! I am warning you,"

"No! I am warning you... STOP. MAKING DECISIONS FOR ME. I am not 12 years old Mannat who will blindly follow you and accept whatever you throw at me. And he is definitely not that 18-year-old teenager. We are adults now. So stop treating us like this,"

"How can you still love him?"

The question was whispered in a pained, disgusted, and agonized voice but she heard it. A miserable smile came on her lips as she looked at him with years of pain in her eyes.

"I- thought I am in love with him... I was wrong... It was just an illusion. A dream of being his... I thought if I wait for him then he will be mine. But I forget that waiting is not enough sometimes... Maybe some part of me will always love that idea of him. But I am glad he broke that for me. I don't hate him because I can't hate him for hating me... Call me stupid or immature or a girl stuck in a fictional world but that's what I am... I am no Devi but I am just a human who makes mistakes,"

Again silence spread over the room as she moved back to look down, breathing heavily as more tears fell but she close her eyes and take everything off her chest.

"I had carried the guilt of taking everything from him for years... Even when everyone said it's not my fault, I know that somehow I am the reason... I can't blame him alone. Because everyone standing in this room, EVERYONE! Present here today played some part in this. If we gonna blame him then we are all at blame too. Aur baat rahi unko chodhne ki... Toh main apna faisla le chuki ho... Agar unki muntazir rahi ho toh waqt ane pe es intazar ko khatam bhi kardo gi..."

With that she tear the papers and throw them down, the shame and guilt passed through everyone at those words but no one voiced them. She moved her eyes at her Baba, the man who was the most affected after her. Because he too spends years with guilt, burdens, and pain for his fate and his kids.

"But not now... I can't spend my whole life with this guilt Baba... I can't, because I know if this time he left, he won't be back. He will leave for good And I can't move on in my life knowing I took a family from him while I stay happily with mine. I just can't,"

"I understand my child... Baba does, Baba understand you,"

Mirza Sahab quickly took her in his arms and hold her tight as he prepped kisses on her head. While Hadiya beghum stood up and patted her head with love and support as she spoke proudly.

"I am very proud of you my love. Very, you showed us all why you deserve the best of both worlds. May Allah miyan ease all your pains,"

"Ameen,"

The murmuring 'ameen' came out of everyone's mouth as they watched the trio together. No fight is left, and no argument remains as Mannat fought them all bravely for the first time.

She gulped as she looked past her Baba and phupho to see many tired eyes with guilt, shame, and anguish while she try to speak without breaking down.

"Please don't misunderstand this... I love you all and I don't blame you or anyone for what happened. It was my fate, our fate. But- I lost 13 years of childhood, beautiful moments, and peace even being surrounded by you all. But he was alone for 13 years... Alone and away without anyone to lean on, to support, and to love. I have everyone yet the guilt ruined me, so how can I hate him for hating me and ruining me when that's all he had thought and believed for years? I don't want to ruin something again, I don't want to be the reason again- I don't, I don't-,"

With that, she broke down in her father's arm and her phupho embrace while each member tried hardest to not hold her and apologize for scratching her wounds.

But no one had the strength to say anything as they leave the room one by one, and Mannat sobbed her pain and guilt out. But they were not aware that someone else heard it all, someone who hide when the defeated people left the room.

He heard each word; listen to those painful truths no one ever speaks about. With a heavy heart, he went back as he can't listen more without breaking down himself.

Flashback ends

She sighed as the memories of last night haunt her, the whole family was avoiding her and she can't have it anymore. That's why she is making a big dinner for everyone.

She spend the whole night crying and then sleep beside her phupho. Another reason Hadiya beghum didn't accompany them because she is also angry at their behavior.

Even when she is not guilty for what she said or how she behaves, her separation anxiety is getting the best of her and she doesn't want to prolong the silence on both sides.

As she heaved another breath she felt something wet on her lips and something feel her hands placed on the counter. When she looked down her eyes got wide and she gasped at the sight of blood. Now she knew why she was having a headache.

"Shoot... Ughh why?"

Immediately her hand moved to her nose as the blood drips down her fingers and she tries to look upward but almost stumbled and cruse her two left feet.

Just as she thought to call her phupho who is the only person at home, a sudden voice came and startled her but what shocked her most was the following turn of events.

"Shit- WHAT THE HELL!-"

....................

"God I am so tired today...,"

A groan left her mouth as they came out of the car and moved towards the house, the same house that feel more like a hotel to them.

"Who the hell told you to have all meetings scheduled for today Murad?"

His steps faltered for a moment as he remembered why he avoided coming back today. Last night, he wanted to talk with his phupho to let him go and live in a hotel. But he didn't expect to hear all that.

It was different to hear someone stand up for him, especially her. But it left him with mixed emotions and thoughts. That's why he planned to take back-to-back meetings and avoid coming here earlier but he can't keep punishing Sanam with him.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Uh? What?"

The complaining tone broke his trance and he looked at the woman who was scowling at him with bitter eyes.

"Fantastic... Exactly what I want after a day of talking... To repeat myself again and again like a bloody parrot,"

"I am sorry ok... I was just thinking about the project... And if you are complaining about the extra work-load then complain to the man who loves his latte and cigars more than anything,"

He mentally cursed his friend who out of nowhere wanted to start a business in his homeland and wanted his business partner to use his precious stay there to crack the deal. It was another reason he wanted his phupho to let him go and live in a hotel because he was not aware how long it will take him.

Again Sanam's voice bring him out of his thoughts as they started to move towards the house, they talk in hush-hush voices because they always do this or keep quiet in front of everyone.

"Oh, I will... But at least I get food with each meeting so that's a plus point,"

"Yeah, I didn't hear you complain about the food part... Let me share that information with him too,"

"Mean,"

" I aimed to please,"

She narrowed her eyes at him while he passed a smug smile only for it to get wiped with her one comment.

"Let me ask your family about that,"

"Touché,"

Biting her lip as she watched him get grumpier, she cursed her big mouth to not shut up earlier and try to change the subject as they entered the living room.

"Well, isn't this too quiet for a normal day in Hamdani's house?"

"Are you complaining?"

"Probably not,"

Murad was also curious but he was not the one who Interrogate as he himself spent the day away.

"Good then... I am going to get water, your complaining is too much for my brain. Do you want something?"

"Nope... Your family is not here so I am gonna take the opportunity and have a long! Huge emphasis on a long bath and then enjoying my rock music and reading some books... No offense but their side eyes make me nervous,"

He shook his head removing his coat and putting the files on the dining table as he moved towards the kitchen after waving her a bye.

"None taken... they- have that magic I guess. Anyway enjoy your bath and don't drown yourself, goodnight...,"

"Goodnight... here I come relaxing Time,"

"Crazy woman... But where are everyone? Not even servants? Mujhe kya,"

He shrugged again as the thought came to his mind but he didn't let his mind wander on that for longer. Losing the tie around his neck, he moved towards the kitchen door with a sigh of relief as he was for the first time not under some glare or hard gaze.

He was trying to relax as he opened a few buttons of his shirt, and started to absently enter the space as he hummed under his breath while his mind keep remembering the last night's event.

But soon he gets shocked when he saw someone standing in the kitchen behind the counter, he hissed as he almost lost his footing but his eyes got wide when he saw who it is and what they are doing.

"Shit- WHAT THE HELL!-"

One minute he is standing there stunt to move as he saw Mannat of all the people there but the mere sight of her bloodied hand was enough to snap him out of his shock and he rushed towards her and immediately stood in front of her, taking hold of her bleeding nose.

"Are you ok?"

"Wait- that's a stupid question... Of course, you are not... Let- let's... Yaha ao yar,"

Mannat eyes only got wider as she looked at the man standing so close to her, but what baffled her was the concern in his tone and the panic in his eyes as he talk with himself. Chiding himself he moved her towards the sink as he softly pinch the soft part of her nose and direct her.

"Don't tilt your upward... Lean forward, woman listen to me,"

He scold lightly when she was too busy staring at him and then he moved her chin close to her body and guided her the way he knows will help her.

"yeah like that... Chin to the chest almost there... Yeah perfect... Let me hold this... Spit out the blood, don't and I mean don't swallow it at all... Try to breathe normally and keep spitting the blood if there is any... Perfect...,"

"You are ok... We got this... Just amazing, almost there,"

They stood there for 10-15 minutes, with Murad too busy to help her and make sure she didn't faint while Mannat tried her best to not faint with his first touch ever, the first touch and closeness after ages.

She was gulping and doing her best to not shiver as he rubbed her back lightly and unknowingly as he spoke in a polite but still concerned tone.

"you ok now?"

" Hmm- thank- thank you...,"

No word came out of her mouth as she pulled away from him with a huge gulp and try to avoid eye contact but Murad was looking at her to make sure she is not hurting or bleeding anymore.

While she wanted to run away as her traitor heart was not helping the situation. Murad eyes narrowed as he saw a little speck of blood on her upper lip.

"Ok... You- uhm, got some blood there,"

"Ji?"

"Here let me wipe it,"

Shaking his head and scoffing at himself at the typical desi book move, his fingers make contact with her skin, and electricity run through her while she stands there staring at him like he actually electrode her.

Years spend to imagine this moment and when it happened she didn't have the right to call him her husband... She was only his Muntazir.

'Har ek muntazir Ka intazar khatam Nahi hota... Kisi Ka intazar Uske Saath chalta ha, pal pal, qadaam qadaam, yaadon aur Maazi ki chadaar udh ke... Kisi Ka intazar, waqt aur zindagi ke baad khatam hota ha... Shayad ap Mera wohi intazar ha, aur main apki wohi Muntazir,'

Just as her thought tortures her with bittersweet moments, Murad suddenly started to scold her and this is the first time she heard his words directed at her, in care and unintentionally.

"what were you doing in this heat? Where are the servants? If you had a headache then you better know to stay out of the heat and the kitchen. Dimagh Kaha ha tumhara... You know you should take care of yourself... This is not good, Kuch bhi Nahi badla... Waisi hi ho, sab sehne wali, chup rehne wali, bas Rona ata ha... ab bolo bhi-,"

His words cut off when Mannat smiled sadly at him as she responds to his unintentional speech with her own words.

"Good to know ke ap bhi Nahi badle waise hi ha sab dekhne wale, pareshan hone wale, dant dene wale... Saath dene wale,"

He didn't even realize that while scolding her, he pulled her a little closer, and her hands, her bloody hands were now placed on his unbuttoned chest, painting it red.

Even when the emotions of this exchange are too much for her, She was elevated to know that he still remembers who she was and who they were before everything happened.

She always had sinus issues especially whenever she is stressed about something to the extent of a breakdown, she will always have headaches and then nosebleeds but someone was always beside her. And seeing him immediately came to her help without ignoring her or going away.

It always happens like this and he used to scold her for running around and not taking care of herself, before she lost everything, before they lost him to their haste and selfishness.

It makes her realize that maybe the elder son of the Hamdani family is still here. Maybe without the bond, they were bounded to, they can work as a family.

"I- wo- main Nahi wo-,"

But Murad suddenly realized where they are and what he did, as the warmth of her presence started to push the walls that he build high like a fort. His voice stutters as he tried to back away from her when another voice called for them curiously.

"Mannat... Murad,"

Hadiya beghum eyes went wide as she saw red on Murad's chest and Mannat's hands, rushing forward to her kids. She inspected them for any injuries and then asked in an authoritative tone.

"What happened bacha?"

"Wo bas thodasa nosebleed hogya tha-,"

"Thodasa toh Nahi tha... But she's better now...,"

Mannat then narrowed her eyes at Murad all the previous butterflies forgotten while he moved towards the fridge but didn't hold back the sarcastic remark as Hadiya beghum already got the idea what happened.

"Mannat... What are you doing in the kitchen then?"

"Phupho jaan- wo main... Sorry,"

"manna main kya Karo apka bacha...,"

He didn't want to stay there for even another second as his mind and action were a puzzle for him. So taking a water bottle and ice pack from the fridge, he placed the pack on the table and then moved out as someone set him on fire.

"Here iced your forehead later. Goodnight phupho Jaan,"

Her longing eyes keep following him like the shadow that follows a person in daylight and then embraces them in the dark. But he was just that for her, a shadow of her dreams.

Hadiya beghum squeezed her hand as she passed a small smile to her beloved and then turn off the stove, moving Mannat out as her own mind was a battlefield after what she noticed and witnessed.

"Chalein manna...,"

"Huh... Ji... Ji,"

.............

He was standing on the terrace past midnight with his lighter and cigarette pack. The peaceful sky and twinkling stars do nothing to provide him peace and calm. Lightening yet another one as he mentally cursed himself for what he did.

It's not like he regrets helping her but he can't understand why his heart was pounding like crazy when he saw her in that situation, why he scolded her like he cares, why he cares when he hates her.

It was all messed up and the worst puzzle and the big dilemma was that he has no one to talk to or share what he was going through. Her marks were still present on his skin, her doe eyes still haunting him, her words still pinching his soul.

Puffing out again he was going to take another swing when a familiar voice scared him.

"you didn't come for dinner,"

His wide eyes and choked breath were the least of his concern as he throw the lighter and cigarette pack far away and moved his hands around to dissipate the smoke but it did little to help.

Hadiya beghum gave him a few seconds to hide the evidence just like he always did. She shook her head at her innocent but not-so-innocent children who thought their parents were never a teenager or adults. And act as if they are too smart to over-smart them.

Coughing awkwardly he mentally cursed himself more as if he was aware of what will happen next.

Hadiya beghum stand beside him as they together looked at the sky but her silence told him that she is waiting for her answer. He cleared his throat and then answered politely.

"I had earlier at the meeting,"

"Hmm... Fair enough,"

He didn't say anything as he was always confused about what happened and what she saw or heard. It's scary, to have people expect something from you and he had first-hand experience from his past.

So he was getting more anxious with each passing minute thinking that she will expect something from him that he won't be able to give and he will lose the last piece of sanity he had. But he didn't expect the next words.

"Thank you for helping her,"

For a moment he was just silent, he can't understand what to say. 'It was my duty?' or 'my pleasure' or 'no worries' it all sounds too normal and they know this situation is anything but normal.

But one thought was nagging him for hours now and he want answers.

"would you have lectured me like others if I didn't have helped her?"

"Mera Murad aesa Kar hi Nahi Sakta... Wo Kisi ki taqleef ko ignore Nahi Kar Sakta,"

"Lekin apka Murad Nahi ho na main... Main toh Kisi Ka Nahi ho... Yeh Murad sirf taqleef dena janta ha,"

He scoffed at those confident words while Hadiya beghum just look at him with a smile that hold wisdom and knowledge along with guidance and love.

"If you look closely you will know how many people are worried for you,"

"This is not about her,"

This time hurt and grief came out full force as he hold the railing tightly but Hadiya beghum know how to handle her family without a frown on her face, she spoke with a smirk.

"I didn't even mention her,"

"But isn't it always about her,"

"Maybe ... because her everything is always about you... So it fair,"

"Yeah like always,"

He rolled his eyes at the statement, his Jumbled thoughts and his emotional state is not suitable for this conversation but he is not gonna say that and get hit or worst murdered by his phupho Jaan.

As he was going to change the topic, another question was shot his way and he was confused for a moment.

"Why this?"

"Why what? Helping her? As I said-,"

"Why come back like this?"

His words and body went tense for a second as he spoke roughly, his hold on the railing getting tight and his knuckles turning white with the force but Hadiya beghum was not backing down.

"You know why?"

"Do I? Do I really Murad?"

"You of all the people know... Maybe only you,"

They shared eye contact, and thousands and millions of complaints and words passed through them, some that won't be spoken ever.

"Maybe I do... But I still wanna know,"

"Know what phupho Jaan?"

But Hadiya beghum want to know her answer from his mouth this time and he was getting frustrated with the determination.

"Why not just end this the proper way?"

"And what's the proper way?"

He knew trying reverse psychology won't work with his aunt and he knew it, still, he closed his eyes and his smirk got wiped at her words.

"Don't give me that smirk young man... And you know my answer. Why didn't you end this the legal way? Why do this all?"

"I-, I just moved on-,"

"And I am Einstein's mother,"

"you are that old-,"

He tried again to change the topic, for someone outsider, he might sound cheeky but Hadiya beghum knows him, she knew he was hiding his pain and diverting the questions like always. So being firm with him was what she choose.

"Shut up and don't change the topic... Tell me now and no lie...,"

"Is it that important?"

He sighed defeated as he gulped the emotions and feelings looking away from her as she spoke with the motherly love that he wished his mother to show.

"For me? Maybe... For you, very,"

"I- didn't- I just-,"

"What my love?"

And just like that, he spoke with a broken tone sighing dejectedly. He can't hold it back anymore, especially when his aunt strokes his back and patted it giving him all the strength and courage he needs.

"I don't want to take away another choice from her... I don't want to be like them,"

It was pin-drop silence for a few moments and then Hadiya beghum asked another question, the question he had no answer.

"And you didn't with all this,"

"I- I don't know... I didn't think much, to be honest. I just want to end this, I am tired of this waiting game phupho Jaan. I didn't think... I just burned all the bridges with no way back ... Main wo Nahi Karna Chahta tha Jo mere Saath hua lekin shayad main ne wohi Kardiya... I thought maybe she will move on this way, and I can too... but I didn't want to take her choices away like last time. Not again, I might be heartless... But I am not cruel... I am not, phupho Jaan, right?"

Each word pierced her heart but the last question broke her heart as tears brimmed her eyes. Her eldest child, the one who she nurtured and loved as her own was now burning in the fire started ages ago.

His eyes were looking at her with so much innocence and compassion that if he didn't get this validation then he will die. Like a small kid asking his parents something with a heart so pure and kind.

His eyes shone with tears and his voice choked but he looked so lost in that moment.

Hadiya beghum immediately hold his face and shook her head as she pecked his forehead and hold him tightly as he sobbed silently in her arms.

"No... You are not, mere shehzade... You are just lost and tired. You were never cruel... Phupho jaan is always here for you... Always,"

𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍𑁍

Thoughts on the chapter.

So how you like that?

Manna finally snapped. And I can tell you all this is not the last time, she will. *Wink wink* yes, I am dropping hints like Lisa dropped money.

Mannat and Murad moment? Anything to say?

Oh, oh, who love phupho Jaan? Because I do.

Favourite dialogue or scene?

Don't forget to comment as much as you can and share the story with your friends.

See you all next Thursday with a longggggggggggg update. That you will loveeeeeeeee.

Zindagi rhi tu phir milege... Naye kissy ya us kissy ke khubsurat hissy ke Saath. Till then stay happy and healthy.

Ba-bye and Allah hafiz 😍
And
Stay safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

111K 6.2K 30
❝ your heart and my heart are very, very old friends.❞ ~ Hafiz - ✨A collection of short stories waiting to be read✨ Grab onto your popcorn buc...
512K 20.5K 31
A collection of short stories which are cliches, euphoric, dark, crazy and what not. Make yourself comfortable and share this gamut of emotions with...
305K 15.9K 22
𝑺𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒐 𝒌𝒐 𝒋𝒂𝒈𝒂 𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒌𝒉, 𝑺𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒒 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝒕𝒖𝒋𝒉𝒆 𝒋𝒂𝒕𝒂 𝒌𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒆𝒌𝒉... _ Anonymous Read the s...
1.2M 59.6K 50
Collection of traditional love stories. محفل میں باربار انہی پر نظر گئی ہم نے بچائی لاکھ مگر پھر ادھر گئی 💫Short stories of traditional Pakistani w...