Secrets And Demons

By ValerieRosez

Let me tell you. If you are looking for a story with major surprises and plot twists, then you'll love this b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 18

1 1 0
By ValerieRosez

"Now, now. We're going to go for a ride and have a chat... just the three of us..." I swallow extremely hard and begin to tremble.

Ryan, on the other hand, tries to make himself appear bigger by standing up tall as he turns to face the man. "I can't believe you, Patrick, after every-"

A dull thud is heard and I turn around just in time to see Ryan crumple to the ground face first. I gasp as I see Creepy Chris standing behind him.

"Now then..." Patrick strolls up to me and grabs me by my hair, I shriek and claw at his hands. "Stop fighting or else I'll put a bullet in his head." He aims his gun at Ryan and my fight instantly evaporates. "That's better." He shoves me towards Chris and I stumble to the ground. "Tie them up and get them into the trunk quickly... before Jack gets back."

Creepy Chris ties Ryan up first and Pat helps him to put him in the trunk. Then he ties me up, pulling my hands behind my back. I cry out in pain as my shoulder screams out as well.

"Oops, is it too tight?" He asks me and I meekly nod my head. "Too bad." He pulls it tighter and I fall into darkness.

...

I come to and I'm in the damned trunk. I wiggle slightly and find my arms are tied so tightly around my back that it actually hurts to even flinch a muscle. My legs are bound by the ankles as well, great.

I hear a groan from behind me and I begin to seriously freak out. "Mia?" It's Ryan's voice but it's very groggy.

"I'm here."

It's silent for a while as we acclimate to our surroundings.

"How did you find me?" He croaks out.

"You mentioned Bultf and it being a small town... I merely put two and two together... I knew I needed to find you and tell you." I say softly. "I tried to tell you last night, but I don't think you understood..."

He sighs deeply. "I understood you were trying to tell me something. I just didn't know what... are you okay, though?"

I grunt as a response. "He shot me... the bastard." I seethe at the thought of how he did it.

"I'm sorry..." he says so deflated that my heart breaks.

"Don't be sorry, Ryan... it's not your fault..." I somehow manage to sort of turn and face him. I try and snuggle against him but that doesn't work out so great.

We ride for a very long time and we stay silent not knowing what to say.

Eventually, I ask a burning question. "What's going to happen to us now?"

He lets a breath out. "I honestly don't know... because I don't know where my father is..."

It's quiet once again and soon I let my eyes close.

...

"Mia?" I hear my name, I hum in response. "Mia." My name is louder now.

"Huh?" I ask as I pull myself out of my sleep.

"We've stopped moving." Ryan says in a hushed tone.

I close my eyes again, wanting to drift away. "Stay with me, Mia..." I blink hard trying to force the thought of sleep out of mind.

I hear footsteps coming closer and I take a breath when the trunk pops open. "Hello you. Rise and shine!" Creepy Chris says cheerfully as he pulls me out backwards by my arms.

I cry out in pain as my shoulder hurts. "Stop it! You're hurting her!" Ryan roars at him, but Chris merely just laughs.

"Nawh... isn't that precious..." he drags me across the rocks and I feel them scratching my legs. My arms are being forced in an unnatural position and my body is screaming at him.

He drops me to the ground outside a door and fetches Ryan. My vision darkens as the pain overtakes me.

Ryan screams and wriggles, but Chris holds onto him. The car drives off as I let the darkness envelop me.

...

When I come to, I'm on the ground. My hands are free, but my ankle is shackled, I slowly lift myself up and look around. In the opposite corner, I see Ryan also on the ground.

I crawl to him. "Ryan?" I ask with a broken voice.

I turn him over and place my head on his chest, his heartbeat drums in my ear and I relax.

I touch his face. "Ryan?" I ask a bit louder and his eyes flutter.

He opens them slowly then blinks rapidly. He inhales sharply before he sits up. "No." He says.

"What's wrong?" I ask as he jumps to his feet.

"No, no, no." He pulls his hair and paces the room, his eyes are wide with panic. His shackle following him like a sneaky snake.

"Ryan. What is it?" I ask gently as I stand up myself.

"This can't be happening..." he mumbles as the shackle clanks. I am completely lost in what is happening at the moment. "No!" Tears flow down his cheeks and I grab his arm.

"What is wrong?" I ask gentle.

He looks at me like a wild animal on the verge of completely kosing it. "This... this is the place..." his voice breaks and more tears stream down his face.

Turning my attention to the room, I look at the finer details, the room is concrete and there is a single tiny window with bars on it. There's one door that looks very heavy with no locks it seems, and there are hooks in the roof.

It's at this moment that I realise that this room is the room he was tortured in.

I swallow and pull him into my arms. "It's okay..." I whisper to him even though I know it isn't.

He pulls me against him and buries his head in my neck. I grunt as he hits my shoulder but he doesn't let go. I run my fingers through his hair that is matted on one side from the blow to his head.

He calms down and we sit on the cold ground. There is literally nothing in this room.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" I ask him tentatively.

He shakes his head. "No idea. I blacked out when they took me back to the school. It's funny how I ended up in the exact same room a few years later, don't actually know how we came to the same town twice but anyway..." His eyes glaze over and I rub his arm.

"It's okay... atleast you have me this time around." I give him a small smile, but he doesn't return the smile. Instead, his eyes go big.

"Oh fuck... what have I done..." he mutters and pushes himself away from me. "They have you! Oh, I am an idiot. Why didn't I just leave you alone?" He cries out and hangs his head in his hands.

I'm confused as to what is going on. Why would he beat himself up about me?

"I don't know if I'm just dumb or if I've lost blood but I don't understand Ryan?" I scratch my head and observe this guy who stole my heart before he even knew me.

He looks up at me with red puffy eyes. "I'm the reason that you are here..." he takes a deep breath. "Anything and everything that happens to you is on me!" He cries out and hits his head against the wall.

I quickly move towards him and cushion the wall. "Ryan... I knew I wanted to know you and be a part of your life no matter what... and you know what?" He looks up at me. "I am still so happy to know you."

He lays down in my lap and I play with his hair. I think about everything in life and then the other shoe drops in my mind.

Kathryn.

"Oh my damn... Kathryn..." I say as my own tears flow down my cheeks now. She must be terrified about me, I wonder if Bets will give her the money I made.

Will she tell the cops? Will anyone be looking for me or will nobody actually even care?

Ryan wipes away my tears. "I'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault Ry-"

The door swings open and Creepy Chris walks in. Ryan sits up straight and I remain in place.

"Now." He rubs his hands together. "You are not going to belive how small the world is Miss Mia Pierce..."

I gulp and take a deep breath unsure as to what is going to come out of his mouth next.

"Apparently... your daddy... Jim Pierce?" My eyes go wide. How does he know my dad? He laughs wickedly as he leans against the wall. "Your daddy was a part of the crew."

Confusion fills every inch of my body, I furrow my brows as I try to think what that means. Ryan stiffens next to me as if he understands.

"Oh... baby... don't you understand?" He taunts me and walks up to me. I lower my head trying to get the puzzle to make sense but it doesn't.

He lifts my chin up to look into his dark eyes. "Your daddy... was part of the crew that took your boyfriend over here." At first I don't get what he is saying, I don't have a boyfriend, my dad wasn't part of any kind of crew. So what the heck was he saying, I glance over at Ryan and the pure terror scribbled on his face tells me how my father, the monster who killed my family also damaged the guy I care so deeply about.

My world cracks as I now piece together that my father was even more of a monster than I thought.  He helped kidnap Ryan and helped torture him.

Hello everyone
Today was a rough day for me emotionally and mentally. It's been just over a month since my grandma passed away and it's really difficult. The worst thing for me is that my kids, I don't have any as yet, but they won't know her. So yeah.
Anyways.
Did you see this coming? How do you think Mr Jim Pierce was connected? And why do you think they've been taken? What are your thoughts? Let me know.
Stay strong and stay safe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.7K 936 27
I am Sam, a 17-year-old in my junior year, weighing 200 pounds. I am fat; calling me fat is an understatement. I am obese. If you call getting a stra...
35.8M 1.1M 47
"She's hot." "Yeah, I know. I'm kinda jealous..." "I'm gonna ask her out." "Are you crazy? You're asking for a death wish." "What's so wrong with me...
219 111 32
A story of surprises and twists Sarah!19 years old.Can see the future of other.she love to help people. Everyone think she's fine...but dee...
678 79 30
Mia has gone through it all and when she finally moves to start afresh she is introduced to a whole new world with its own culture and ways. Along w...