TANKHUN Fanfic | Mind Over Ma...

By AprilsSmile

"In a world full of ordinary, Be the Tankhun." A side story to Kinnporsche the novel. Because we can't get en... More

1. Mind over matter
2. Escape plan
3. Escape plan cancel
NOTE: Not an update
4. IT'S AMY
5. FIRST DAY
Highlights: Chap# 4 & 5
6. No touching at all
7. Chaos in Tankhun's room
8. Tankhun, Pete, Vegas
9. Finding Tankhun!
10. Rock Paper Scissors
11. It's Vegas
12. Pete, the Panther
13. Fan-following!
14. Height of Patheticness!
15. Sleeping Tankhun!
16. Knock, Knock!
NOTE: Not an Update!
17. Sweet Revenge!
18. Amy X Tankhun
19. It's Kinn
Highlights: Have Fun!
20. High-five?
21. Heart issues!
22. Wild Vehement!!!
23. Emergency Party!!
24. The Weekend / Study Time
25. It's Arm
26. Perfect complement :)
27. Beauty's Smile!
28. The Library
29. The Freshmen
NOTE: Not an Update
30. Blue Fire
31. The shopping maniac
32. Group Project
33. The Club
34. Damn Letter!
35. V for Vicious
36. Welcome home, Sister!
37. The Nightmare!
38. Future Fiancé
39. Bustling Life
40. Drama Family!
41. sOOry!
42. Zeal and Zest!
43. Sneak out!!
44. Party Animals!
Highlights: 44. Party Animals!
45. After Party!
46. Confessions!
47. Obsession...!
48. It's Porsche
49. #TeamTankhun
50. The Blacklist!
51. D-Day!
52. The more the merrier!
53. Tankhun's Treat.
54. Selfies Maniac!
55. It's Kimhan
56. Beautiful Heart^^
57. Second place? maybe not!
58. Stutter Boy!
59. Reciprocate!
60. Official Romance!
61. The Basement!
62. MFC - The Trio
63. Tea...party!
64. The Little Devil!
65. Warmth...
66. Shades of Gray!
67. A Day so FINE!
68. Befriend!
69. It's Leonid
70. The Plan!?
71. The preparations!
72. Just keep Swimming!
73. Mini concert!
74. Affable Meeting!
75. Bon appetit
Highlights: chap# 74 & 75
76. The control room!
77. Bloody Chaos!
78. The closure!
79. Life did a 360..
80. Romantic action!
81. Love-Hate!
82. The melodious ride..
83. Disheartened!
84. Sir Kinn! Hot as.....
85. A for Amity.
86. Height of Goofiness!
87. Fallen star?
88. Anti-fragile!
90. Mirthless smile ):)
91. Insomnolent.!.!
92. Maquillage
93. Wild Vociferous!!!
94. Finding Amy!
95. Tragic Heroine...
96. Demoniac Khun!
97. Rough and tumble?
98. Viva la vida
Highlights: Enjoy! ;)
99. The best is yet to come..
100. The Anchor
101. Beer and skittles!
102. Enchantment!
NOTE: Not an Update :)
103. ...bears the crown!
104. Near and Dear!
105. Crazy Peacock!
106. Young Master!?
107. The Date?
108. Amy the Queen!
109. The Midnight Mirage
110. Amy X Tankhun
It's A.S. Styles^^
Highlights: Mind over Matter

89. Her...Escape Plan!

222 15 42
By AprilsSmile

AMY's POV:

Another day, another morning...

Sigh!

After taking a shower I went to the rooftop and watched the sunrise. I looked down and saw many guards on duty.

I narrowed my eyes at the boundaries and trees and hidden CCTV cameras.

It took me a lot of days to detect all of their positions. It was fun like I've been playing some finding-hidden-objects game.

.

I finger comb my half dried hair and make a messy bun. Then I went downstairs, all the way to the kitchen and halted at the doorstep.

I was surprised to find Pete in the kitchen, this early in the morning. I glanced at the clock and it shows five-fifteen.

He was leaning to see inside the fridge. At first I wanted to gave him a jump scare but his instincts are quite good cause I only managed to take two steps and he already turned to me.

What makes me more surprised was that he was wearing earbuds, even then he knew that someone is behind him. Nice!

He glanced at me, I raised my hand to say good morning and he turned away. I just pursed my lips, my hand was still in the air.

Sigh!

Yeah~ He's still mad and ignoring me......

Let's just try to make up with him.

"Morning brother Pete! Do you want something to eat? What should I make for today's breakfast? Any suggestions?"

He ignored all of my questions and drink juice direct from the bottle. I tried not to comment on that, like seriously an empty glass was right in front of him.

"Did you sleep well?" I tried with a smile, he only spared me a glance.

"There's blueberries in the fridge. And I saw honey in the cabinet. Do you like pancakes? I can make Honey Blueberry Pancakes. My mama's recipe." I turned my cheerful mode on.

"Thank you miss Amy. But I'm good." He finally replied.

Miss Amy?

I furrowed my brows cause lately he wasn't being formal to me, almost treating me like a friend. And I liked it when he called me just Amy with his bright complimentary smile.

Something is telling me that.....Pete changed.

He placed the empty bottle aside and started to walk away while blabbering something lightly, either he was singing or just talking to himself.

The next moment, I don't know what got into me to go and block his way.

"Why are you mad at me?" I asked directly.

"I am not." He moved on the left side

"Yes you are." I did the same.

"I don't know what you are talking about." This time he moved to the right.

"Oh really!" I mirrors his action and crossed my arms on the chest.

"Miss Amy, let me pass."

"I will but first tell me what's going on? Why are you mad at me? Did I do something?"

"..." He gave me a silent but pointy look.

"Is...is it about Khun?" Damn I didn't want to say that. He lifted an arrogant brow, poorly mimicking brother V. Cute!

"So it's about him." I nodded thoughtfully "Still I don't see what makes You angry." I pressed on the word 'you'.

"Please miss Amy don't make me start and drop this topic."

"Okay mister Peter but tell me if I did that will you still ignore me?"

I asked and he tried to pass by me, giving me a silent answer. Great!

"Should I take that as a yes?"

"Whatever suits you. And for peace's sake! my name is PETE." Oh he sounds agitated.

He went out and I summoned all of the positive energy in me and...

"I am sorry." I said softly. He halted.
"I don't know what to do to make you feel up but....sorry for whatever made you mad. I assure you it was unintentional."

First he mumbled something to himself then made his voice audible.

"You don't need to apologize." He wavered and a tiny victory smiled appeared on my face.

I went again to stop him so that we can clear all the misunderstandings. After pressing on him for a few minutes, he start talking.

I was amazed at the list of his reasons. Damn I did A LOT of things to make him act like this.

According to him...

I didn't respect his ex-boss, Khun. I highly respected brother V and didn't do the half of it to Khun. I'm not agreeing to that but let's just shut my mouth for once.

Secondly, I made that guy cry for many times. I agree but it's just he had a sensitive heart and emotional personality that make him cry within an instant. Also it's all onto him as I don't remember giving him any sign of hope about..... whatever.

My jaw dropped to the floor after hearing that Pete's mad because I didn't share the lunchbox with his beloved ex-boss.* And greedily eat everything alone.

So that's the reason, he didn't give me muffins or anything last night.*

"Hold on bro! Let me explain myself. First of all I was grateful for your kindness. Secondly, you were not the one to tell me to share and Arm said I can have that whole lunchbox for myself. Third, I didn't know where Khun was that day, I walked around in the college but he was nowhere to be found."

Not that I wanted to look for him, but still he wasn't there so...

"Fourth, if I had any idea how important it was to share with...His Highness, I wouldn't accept it in the first place. Next time don't bother yourself to make anything for me, your best wishes are more than enough for me. Lastly, I am not greedy as I didn't eat everything alone. I did share but with another Theerapanyakul."*

"What! Who?" His eyes widened for some reason.

"Tankhun's charming brother, Han."

"..." His mouth fell open in surprise.
"K..khun Kim... He eat with you?"

"Yes."

"The same sandwiches that I made?"

"Yes."

"That I made in this minor mansion." He looked around in disbelief.

"Ye..es. I know it's not the right time but why do you call this huge mansion Minor?"

"None of your business." He said flatly making me embarrassed. Damn him.

Now that I've almost used all of my positive energy, it's time to wind up.

"Of all the reasons, I am sure there's still something that makes you ignore me, right? Just tell me. I really want to know."

"You tried to kick Khun out of here."

"..." Uh ho.

"It's not your place to decide who will live here or not."

"..." Point.

"You did wrong to ask Vegas to make Khun go away."

"..." Agree.

"And because of you! there could be a fight between both cousin brothers...my family." He  pressed on the last word.

"..." It'll be a lie if I say I didn't think of that.

"You don't respect Khun or his love for you. Pardon me miss Amy but I've never seen anyone as ungrateful as you."

"..." I took a step back taking his direct blow. Ouch!

"I don't know what Khun sees in you. That makes him go crazy for you."

I thought he was already crazy. Oops! thankfully I didn't say out loud.

"Yes! you're funny, smart, kind, caring, bold, talented, brave and even beautiful but what about good morals and sensibility..."

Damn I almost thanked him, but he continued stupidly.

"...and a sane mind? Khun did everything to protect you, for only to get treated like...."

Sane?? ... Mind??

Sane mind.....sane mind....sane mind....

I couldn't hear anything after this. He just indirectly called me insane. I admit I'm not the good example of an ideal or even normal girl but still...

"I am sorry." I clenched my fists.

"...?"

"I am sorry." I nodded while feeling a ball in my throat and trying to get myself together.

"I'm not the one you should say that." He uttered casually.

"I am sorry." I couldn't come up with anything else as if suddenly I became a broken cassette or record or... whatever.

Sane mind........insane mind.

"Miss Amy?" He hesitated.

How dare he mock me!

"I...am.. sorry..." Damn my voice cracked.

"Uhhh..." He looked around in confusion, or for some help. And I kept glaring at him while shouting at him in my head.

'Yes I am not perfectly normal - I've born with a rare physical condition - CIP but that doesn't affects my morals or sensibility.

Yes I have an unusual problem - Haphephobia but.... I never did you wrong in any way. So why do you have to be this cruel to question my saneness? was it really necessary to call me insane?'

He looked bewildered as if he heard me and I only clenched my jaw in anger. He has no right to make my heart sore.

Oh I wanted to punch right into his face, to beat him like hell only to show him what real sane-mind look like.

"I. AM. SORRY." I looked him in the eye fiercely and turned to walk away.

I shouldn't have come to make up with this cute but brutal guy.

I shouldn't have requested the mafia brother to make Khun leave either. 

I should be the one to leave or... escape.

I shouldn't have stayed here, in this bloody minor mansion, for this long.

The longer you stay the sooner you lose your importance.

But it's never too late to make new decisions, right?

Time to execute the Escape Plan.

____

Pete's POV:

I was utterly dumbfounded while watching her back. Maybe I said too much, I have no intentions to hurt her. But it was her fault too, she makes me do this. I wasn't planning to confront her.

Damn myself! I quarrel with a little girl, make her apologize for many times.

I noticed her lower lip trembling a little or maybe I just imagine it.

She left while giving me a dark unreadable look. Was it her turn to get mad at me now?

[Pete? Peteeeeee!]

I came out of my thoughts while hearing a high pitched voice right in my ear. Damn I forget I was still on the call with Khun.

Wait the call was still connected? But I whispered him to hang up earlier. So that means .....my eyes widened to its limits.

[Yes I didn't hung up and heard everything. Pete I didn't expect this childish behavior from you. As if getting mad at her was not enough you even dare to shout at my beautiful Amy. Even when she sweetly tried to make up with you. For a moment I get jealous of you as she never acted like that for me. And what did you do!!]

I listened to his yelling quietly.

"I didn't mean to..."

I started only to get interrupted.

[Yet you did! It's not even twenty four hours since I left and you treat her this rudely. I shouldn't have left without her, only if I had any idea how badly the minor family will treat her in my absence.]

"Khun it's not like..."

[Save it Pete. It's fine. I'm coming back.]

"What?"

I was dumbfounded and imagined him rolling his eyes.

[..only to take her.]

"HUH?? KHUN?"

What a morning shock!

[Bye see you soon! I'm going to get dressed.]

With that he left, without even hanging up as I still hear some rustling and Khun's shouting sounds. He was calling for Pol and Arm.

Damn what in the hell I have done!

Sweat appeared on my temple anticipating Khun's drama once he returned and the chills went down my spin when I glanced up at my room where a demon was sleeping after devouring his prey.

He came late from hunting, only if he woke up early then none of this would happen. But it already happened and I couldn't bring myself to think about Vegas.

Goodbye grandma, grandpa!

It seems....my bloody Doom's day has arrived!

.
.

She locked herself in the room and I took Vegas's laptop to see the live footage of the secret camera in her room. It's the first time that I'm feeling anxious while opening it - other times it was fun to watch her silly activities like dancing and bumping here and there. And I like to hear her reading or even singing. She got a pleasant voice.

I sighed in relief watching her pacing back and forth in her room while rubbing her nape. I noticed, she often does that in irritation or anxiety.

After that she went to the bathroom and came back after washing her face. She looked around her clean and tidy room and went out.

I close the laptop and went out to see her. She was in the kitchen and I again sighed in relief watching her making breakfast.

I glanced at the clock and it was almost six in the morning.

I went to take a shower to relax myself, keeping in mind to stop Khun from coming and apologize to Amy. I have to do this before Vegas woke up.

Last night I couldn't sleep well as I was waiting for Vegas who came back quite late. We had an argument as I wanted to go with him but he forced me stay in the house while giving the reason to protect both his brother and sister.

I rolled my eyes at the sleeping guy while getting my clothes out of the closet.

____

AMY's POV:

I already made up my mind and there's no going back.

I hurriedly made southern curry with rice to fulfill a little promise.* I put that aside and start making batter for pancakes.

I made delicious looking Honey Blueberry Pancakes and black coffee. Then put four pancakes on a plate, take a cup of coffee and placed both of them on a tray.

.

I was thinking about how to knock at the door when my hands were already busy holding the tray so I lifted my leg to kick the door lightly.

Thak!

I gasped as my kick landed on a leg instead of the door. I looked up and found the tall guy who opened the door at the wrong moment.

"Oh no! Ash?"

"Have a nice morning to you too." He said and reached out to balance the tray.

"Are you okay? I didn't mean to.." I was slightly stunned.

"I'm fine. What about you? Are you okay now?" 

"..." I blinked in confusion. Why is he asking me like that?

"So what's the occasion?" He asked again, pointing at the breakfast.

"Oh yeah right.. it's for you." I half smiled.

"For me? Why? I remember it's not my birthday. Or is it yours?"

"Haha no. I just wanted to treat you."

"And why is that?" He tilted on his side and leaned on the door frame.

"For doing a good job and protecting me while keeping a hundred of eyes on me." I said using a good sarcasm, pointing with my chin at the wall which full of screens.

"Appreciated!" He chuckled handsomely but still didn't reach out to accept my treat.

"So?" I blinked in question.

"So?" Turns out he can do the same.

"My efforts are getting cold. Also pancakes only taste good while its hot."

"Oh that's not good at all. So miss Amy what are you up to today?" He came straight to the point.

"You'll find out." I smirked.

"What do you want from me?" He became serious, all traces of playfulness were gone.

"Nothing much. Just enjoy your breakfast and play oblivious and unheeding for next two hours."

"Pardon!" He lifted his brows and stood straight.

"Have a really very nice day!" I winked at him and turned to leave at once. It'll be a headache to explain what I am doing near the control room if anyone sees me.

.

I ate with both the brothers, Pete was there too but I didn't spare him a glance, not that he would want me too. Tsk!

Pete, I can't force you or anyone else to appreciate me but.... you're gonna feel it when I'm gone.

My junior informed brother that he's going out to play baseball with his friends. And his...our brother just nodded.

Moscow and I was done at the same time. I walked him to the door while talking about this and that. I ruffled his hair only to make him frown as if I ruin his nonexistent hairstyle. I rolled my eyes and reached out to finger comb his hair.

I laughed out loud seeing his flushed face and his ears turning red. He frowned some more and ran away leaving me laughing hard.

I turned around and found brother V smiling at me. He looked tired, his eyes were a little puffy as if he didn't get much sleep. I wonder at what time he returned last night.

But I am happy as long as he returned unharmed. It wasn't too hard to guess the situation when he took two freaking guns with him.

I walked towards him and gave him a wide smile for no specific reason. He first watch me then reached out to ruffle my hair. I pretend to frown mimicking his little brother, making him chuckle.

We talked for a few minutes and then he left to get dressed as he had to attend some meeting.

I sighed for him and his busy life.

Without wasting any time I half run to the room, grab the books and went for the study.

I placed the books back in the shelves that I borrowed from brother. And put another book to fill up an empty space. This book was a gift for him, let's see how long will it take for him to notice this.

I rushed back as I have to say goodbye to him. I walked out and stumbled while bumping into someone.

The guy reached out to help me instinctively but I chose to fall down then to held onto him.

He looked half stupefied half shock to see me hitting the floor. It didn't hurt at all and I know how to get up so whatever.

I ignored Pete and walked away while murmuring to myself.

'You should stay away from me, insaneness can be contagious.'

.

I reached in time to find mafia brother and his guard opening the door for him.

"Good morning Mr. Nop!" I greeted the guy and turned to look at my devastatingly handsome brother.
"Are you leaving?" I asked he nodded. "Best of luck!"

"Luck?" He chuckled out, from the corner of my eye I saw Nop flinching.

"Then break a leg!" I tried again only to make him chuckle more, even Nop smiled a little bit.

"Just be save." I stepped forward, went close to him, placed my one arm behind his back and touched his arm to gave a half hug to my Mafia Brother, it was hard enough to do this but it felt necessary, after all he went through to protect me.

I heard Nop gasping in shock.

"Ba-bye brother Virtuous!" I stepped back, waved both hands in the air stupidly. "You look hella handome in that red velvet shirt. It suits your devil-like personality."

"Silly girl!" He shook his head but I caught his lips twitching.
"You too, stay safe and stop jumping around." He glanced at my bad foot covered in bandages.

Well the doctor V suggested to avoid wearing shoes and use slippers. So here I am walking around in my junior's spare pair of slippers. Hehe

.

I went to the room and got changed. Then comb my hair and make a high ponytail.

I stood in front of the mirror for one last time. I choose everything black and was wearing jeans, half sleeved shirt and a loose full sleeved hoodie with sneakers. I even wore a scarf in the memory of my old self.

I was happy with myself and my eyes stopped at something shiny stick on the mirror. I looked closely at the tiny gems. something came up to my mind, I grabbed a red marker and draw a little curve on the mirror.

Now the gems and that curve looked like a smiley face. I smile, feeling satisfied by wasting my time on this.

I hurriedly put cellphone, earbuds, wallet, mask and a hankie in my pants pocket. Then hid the important stuff in my hoodie pocket.

I placed two shirts, bracelet and a letter on bed. It was my junior's gift.

.

I looked first left then right and tip-toed in brother's office. I am not sure if this room is forbidden for me or not. But its okay as I have no ill will.

Mafia brother's office was just.....wow. I took a minute to glance around and my eyes stopped at the huge mirror on the front wall. I scoffed at myself cause I was wearing my hoodie cape looking no less than an intruder. 

I took off the cape and placed the money filled envelop on the table. Then look at the bracelet and hand written letter.

Where should I put these? 

Well I don't want Pete or Moscow to find or even read this before mafia brother, so I tried to open the first drawer, locked.

Then tried to open the second and third, all locked.

Sigh!

I sat down and tried with the last one, hoping for the same result but..

I huffed when it actually opened. I hurriedly put the gift inside and my eyes stopped at something.

I took out the familiar device, ahh my old cellphone. Without giving much thought I put it in my pocket and left the place.

Next I thought before entering Pete's bedroom.

I ran and placed the gift on the right side table, hoping its Pete's side. When I turned to leave my eyes slightly widened.

From here I can see the whole office!!

There was a huge window on the wall, freaking one-way mirror glass.

Now my seventh sense is telling me that mafia brother's office was a forbidden place.

Oh gawd!

Time to run!

.

I was impatiently looking at the clock.

1..

2..

3..

4..

5..

7:30 am!

I swiftly grabbed my both college and casual bags and wore them. Then pick up my luggage bag and quickly left the room. I hid and saw Pete going out.

Huh Pete the punctual creature!

It was time when the guard's shift change under Pete's observation. I have only five minutes to escape this huge mansion.

Let's show them what you're made of.. I smirked to myself and punch the password to open the door. It took me a while to know this, each time they put the password I only peeked for a second and each time I caught a digit. After observing for many times, here I am successfully open the Door of Freedom.

I wore the mask and cape then hid behind a wall. It was definitely my lucky day as I caught the sight of a trash collector. 

The guy went to the other portion of the mansion and I throw my luggage inside the garbage can, the bag wasn't that big so it fit perfectly, without taking much space. Without wasting any breath I ran to the main gate.

Damn it was locked!

I put my both bags on the ground and slide it outside under the gate. Then I stood up dashed forward to the garden area, less than three minutes left.

I stopped under a familiar giant tree. Climbing it shouldn't be that hard, right?

Well I took the risk in the name of my childhood memories when I was expert at climbing on every kind of trees.

Now or never!

Let's get done with this! nothing could go wrong! nothing could stop me.

I used my scarf to climb the trunk of the tree. Then I put my feet here and there, soon I was sitting on the top of the boundary wall.

"YES!"

I punched the air in victory. Then I slightly tilted to look right in the lens of the CCTV camera that was placed on a branch, hidden from everyone's eyes. I winked while grinning and give a farewell salute to Ace.

He did play oblivious. Unbelievable! hahahaa!

The wall was more than three meter tall. Now the question is how to went down. 

Should I jump? Nahh that would break my bones.

"Dear Luck, just be on my side a little more."

I put my scarf around a branch and clenched the both ends tightly and...

Woahhhh!

I jumped down and my side hit the wall real hard, damn it. I was hanging a meter above the ground like a pendulum. My arms was close to split off so let one end of the scarf go, soon I landed on the ground one my feet.

I didn't have time to gain my balance or even energy. I run to the gates and picked my bags up. Then I hid behind a wall and waited for the garbage collector to come out.

It waited patiently and almost ten minutes later when the gate open and the guy came out with garbage can.

The guy was throwing waste bags in a truck and I run in time to get my luggage.

He first got startle to see me then looked at me from head to toe, covered in all black. Only my eyes was visible which was showing a silent gratitude. He stood puzzled and I took the chance to run away.

I found a cab around the corner and sit in it quickly without even giving the chance to put my bags in the boot of the car.

I was supposed to inhale an air of freedom instead exhale a sigh in low spirit.

"Good bye my short term family." I waved  my hand at the minor mansion and sat back.

Letting go is hard,
but being free is beautiful.

.

.

Forty minutes later...

I pay my cab fare and went into the seven-eleven store to buy grocery. It felt kinda weird to walk in the same aisles and selecting stuff.

As if I was a Cinderella, when the clock strikes I came back to the reality. My princess period ended, instead of being unfortunate or unlucky, I gain my freedom, my peaceful life back. And bearing the daily life chores are a part of freedom too.

I bought everything I needed, for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner. I look at the huge stock of spaghetti, pasta and noodles, with all of this I can survive a week long, maybe more than a week. 

I laughed at myself cause when I was picking up the noodles I kept looking around in case Mafia brother was there to scold me.
I even received a look from a woman who was watching me suspiciously picking up the noodle packs and hiding in my cart.

I can't complain or even dare to explain, giving to the attire I was wearing today. I even had my cape and mask on. Damn I'm so done with myself.

Now that I bought and pay for everything, the question is how in the world I would take all of it to my home?

I thanked a young boy who helped me to take my shopping materials out of the store, while I was carrying my bags. I thanked him with a chocolate bar which he accepted shyly and run away. What was that?

I turned to go on my way and went near the roadside to call a taxi.

A minute or two later a black sedan came and stopped right in front of me. To be honest I felt tiny bit of scare as it was not giving me a positive feelings.

Before I could came up with something the door open and a suited guy stepped out. I recognize him immediately seeing the top-knot over his head.

"Miss Amy! Big at your service." He gave me a nod that half look like a bow.

.

The next thing I know he drop my stuff along me....ahmm... he drop me off along my stuff and walked me all the way up to my freaking door. He proves to be quite a helpful as he didn't let me carry anything, giving me a gentleman's vibes. No wonder he's Sir Kinn's bodyguard. Hehe

All good things apart, I have a few questions for him like 'How did he knew about my homecoming, or where I was, or where I leave?' To get the answers I have to invite him inside my personal territory.

"Have you had breakfast?"

 "..." No answer.

"Or do you mind having a brunch with me?"

"..." No response.

"Very well. Thanks a lot for dropping me off and carrying my stuff. I gave you five stars for your excellent service. Have a pleasant day!" I dismiss him, and he gave me an unreadable look, but who cares!

Today I learn not to press on anyone who's not willing to talk to me. The best way to avoid getting hurt both, physically or mentall.

I opened the door and start carrying my bags inside one by one. He was still standing at the doorstep as if contemplating something.

I went out to take the last shopping bag which he was holding up. I reached out to take it and he moved his hand back.

Huh?

I looked up at his emotionless face. I grabbed the bag but he didn't let go. For a few second we play grab and pull then I give up and place my hands on my waist.

"Look Mr. Donald Duck if you want something just say it..." His eyes shifted towards the door. "...or you can just come in for coffee." I half invite half suggested him.

He took few seconds before nodding and follow me inside while carrying the bag. 

.
.

I pointed at the couch to sit and went into the kitchen. Thankfully my home looked quite acceptable as surprisingly Destiny didn't create a mess this time, still I've planned to clean it all up later.

He placed all the grocery bags on the kitchen counter and sat on the stool. I blinked but didn't ask him to go and sit in the lounge area.

It's not like I have a huge house. You can see the kitchen from the lounge area anyways.

I pour water in the kettle and leave it to boil then I start to look for the cookies I just bought.

As if I was recording some kind of 'unpacking the shopping bags' video I took out all of the items and placed it on the kitchen island, right in front of him.

"You got to be kidding me!"

I huffed in disbelief as the thing I wanted was in the bottom of the shopping bag.

"Stupid cookies!" I made a face and turned around to pick up a plate.

I turned back in time to catch him smiling. As soon as our eyes met the smile vanished as if it wasn't there just a moment ago. Weirdo!

.

He was enjoying the cookies while taking a sip of coffee. I made tea for myself and jumped up to sit on the kitchen island. He raised his head then lifted his brow.

"What?" I broke a cookie into four pieces and put it in my mouth, one at a time.

I felt the relaxing aroma of my tea. It's kinda a universal truth that a cup of tea changes everything from bitter to better.

Peaceful heaven!

He took out his cellphone and stare at the screen for a moment. I tried to sneak a peek but he turned the screen over and put the device beside his cup. Obvious-Fool!

Then I felt my cellphone vibration and took it out to see whose calling me. It was nine something a.m. and...

Brother V calling~

As soon as I read the caller ID the device slipped out of my hands, and fell on the counter with light thud.

Big glanced first at the still vibrating device, then my shaking hands and last to my face. He furrowed his brows and I have no idea what kind of impressions my face was showing.

I won't be surprise if he came here to take me back. This time he would've locked me up in the room as I broke his security system. But it's not my fault that I'm blessed with a sharp mind, also I was hella lucky today.

"Are you okay?" It was the first time he spoke up since he came into my house.

"Uh huh.. yes I'm fine." I rubbed my face "Shoot! He found out." I said out loud and he just nodded.

I was slightly nervous as I don't know what to do next. Well I'm in my own safe heaven and brother V is a nice guy. Maybe he was calling out of concern.

Like he came back from the meeting and didn't seem to find me. Or maybe he wanted to inform me that he got the money I left to pay all my bills cause I was living there as a paying guest.

Or maybe he thinks I pay less. Nahhh that can't be the reason because I paid a fair amount.

Or maybe he wanted to thank me for the gift...

I answered the call and heard a whisper from my left saying 'best of luck'.

Luck?

I think I have ran out of it.

"Hello mafia brother!"

I said sweetly and received a mocking look from Big.

[Where are you?]

Just three cold words were enough to gave me goosebumps.

"At my home."

I smiled even though he couldn't see me.

Hung up!

"...!...?"

I was utterly stupefied and confused when he hung up.

Call duration three seconds..

"It's get over, ain't it?" I asked and Big nodded knowing what I was talking about. And here I thought I could have my peaceful life back.... Maybe not this easily. Tsk!

Now it's time to ask questions.

"You already knew where to find me." I stated the fact, with no question mark.

"..."

"How did you find out? Even before I could get home.."

"Pete called Khun Vegas when he was in the meeting room with Khun Kinn. Boss asked me to look for you." He gave me an already prepared answer as if he knew I'm going to ask this.

"And you knew I was at the store?" Even though I half believe what he said, there's something still missing.

"I was coming to your house, but found you standing on the roadside." He still half lied.

"And you knew it was me? You really want me to believe that!"

"It's up to you. I'm good at catching and
It was more easy to recognise you with that suspicious outfit and bags."

"..." Damn he mocked my all-in-black escape-look.

Wait! Did he say catch!?

"Don't worry I'm not here to take you back. Khun Kinn just wanted to make sure your safety." He took a sip and glanced at me. "You are home, congratulations."

"Oh in that case.. Tell him I said thanks." I said in a low voice and he just nodded.

The cellphone vibrates again time showing another caller ID.

Tincan calling~

I sighed and let it ring.

"Aren't you going to answer?"

"Why would I?" I shrugged casually.

"..." He stare at me for a moment making me self conscious.

As soon as the call ended I switched off the device.

"Much better." I pick my mug up and took a sip of my tea.

I took a cookie bite then took a sip from the cup. I repeated this for a few time and something hit me.

I put my cup aside and jump down from the other side and sit on the stool beside him.

He turned his neck to look at me but I ignored him for now as my mind was occupied by something else.

I carefully opened my cellphone's backside and stare at it.

Now what?

I glanced at him for some help but he just looked back at me questioningly. Idiot!

I narrowed my eyes to find anything suspicious. There's no way mafia brother let me have a clean cellphones. He must have put some bug or tracker or anything more advanced.

"Here!" Suddenly an index finger came into my vision and pointed at something.

My eyes widened in astonishment seeing something tiny. I was left in awe to see the size of this tracker. Like seriously even my pinky nail was bigger than it.

"So my cellphone is clean now?" I asked.

"I don't know! What about throwing it away?"

"Excuse me I paid for this."

"Then what about selling it."

"Good idea but it'll be a loss of money."

"It's still new, you can get a handsome amount for this model."

"Really? Maybe not. Brother V already bought it second hand if I sell it too it'll be the third hand. Don't the price will go down?"

"What did you say?"

"Price will go down!"

"No before that."

"Brother V got it second hand..."*

"Who told you that?"

"He... himself... What's the matter?"

"Huh he lied." He chuckled arrogantly.

"How come?"

"It's the latest model. It still didn't come into the market only a few people have it, the rich ones." He scoffed "Khun Kinn also uses the same model."

"Really!!!" My eyes widened in awe. I have the same cellphone as the handsome mafia. Woah!

"Khun Vegas must have done it on purpose..." He murmured thoughtfully to himself making me confused.

"Well miss Amy it's brand new. And whatever makes you believe that Khun Vegas would ever buy second hand stuff?" He turned to give me a judging look as if I was naive.

"...anyways you can get a good amount for it. It's up to you however you want to deal with it but I suggest you get rid of it, as soon as possible."

"...?" Hey dude don't need to intimidate me, I'm already leaving on the verge of.... whatever.

"Thanks for the advice!" In the end I just say that and he looked unsatisfied.

I turned on the device and ran to my room to get a hairpin and fast glue. He  was staring at me when I stuck the tiny tracker on one corner of my black hairpin.

"It's not that visible, isn't it? It should be still working like this too, right?" I asked while putting the pin on my head.

He just gazes at me for a moment.

"Are you not going to throw it away?"

"Why would I? I'm sure brother V has done it for my safety purposes. It must be easy for him all this time to find me. But I don't think this thing is reliable enough."

"How come?"

"Suppose I got kidnapped..." I started and he clenched his fists "..I said suppose.." I gave him a look and he cleared his throat. Nutty!

"So I was saying if ever I managed to get myself kidnapped, the first thing bad guys would do is switching me cellphone off."

"The tracker will still work." He interrupted.

"In that case...the second thing bad guys do is throwing my cellphone away. What will happen then!" I left the rest for him to figure out, cause I'm not someone who imagines bad for herself.

"It's not that reliable." He muttered.

"What about now?" I asked.

"...?" He didn't get that so I pointed at the hairpin over my head.

"It's barely noticeable. You're smart miss Amy."

"I know hahaha. Thanks anyway!" I chuckled and he just rolled his eyes.
"And you can call me just Amy."

"I can...." He looks me in the eye for a moment, I'm not sure if I am blinking or not.
"But I won't." He finally shifted his eyes away.

What was that?

Buzz~~

Tincan calling...

I noticed him clenching his jaw when he glanced at the screen.

"You being formal to me has something to do with Tankhun?" I was looking at the screen and made a wild guess.

He took a deep breath then turned his neck to look back at me.

"Khun has had eyes for you.... for months now."

Well that caught me off guard.

I blinked a few times as if all the words left my side, leaving me speechless.

The device rang again showing the same name. I looked up at him with a blank face.

"You can escape from Khun Vegas but I'm afraid I miss Amy......"
He made a dramatic pause
"....you can't run away from Khun."
He stated matter of factly.

"..." I was speechless but my heart was beating faster and my mind....

Honestly....

I closed my eyes, inwardly struggling to regain my composure.

I think....

.
.
.

He's right.

****

'Big at your service!'

Author's note:

Haphephobia (haf-uh-FOE-bee-uh) is an intense, overwhelming fear of being touched. Many people don't like being touched by strangers. But haphephobia is significant distress over being touched by anyone, even family or friends.

People with haphephobia feel extreme distress over the thought of being touched. This anxiety can lead to physical symptoms like nausea, vomiting or panic attacks. Being touched by strangers or without consent can make many people uncomfortable.

Haphephobia, similar to other specific phobias, may occur as a result of traumatic experiences undergone to the individual or after observing someone else go through a traumatic event. Haphephobia is often induced by an event of sexual abuse or assault.

Haphephobia is an anxiety disorder characterized by a fear of being touched. Other names for haphephobia include chiraptophobia, aphenphosmphobia, and thixophobia.

****

Note:

83. Disheartened!
88. Anti-fragile!
85. A for Amity

47. Obsession...!

40. Drama family!

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.5K 648 37
After Vegas gets shot, Macau finds out that not only he got shot but it was because of the main family that his brother is laying down in the hospita...
8K 266 13
Vincenzo Cassano lived in Italy since he was a child, but after an event he returns to South Korea in search of something, to be more exact... Someon...
2M 57.4K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
19.3K 308 51
The story begins in the year of 1985.