Last Question | Park Jongseon...

By axxqah

"But do you remember? We still had one last question left" A new Enhypen staff crosses paths with Park Jongse... More

Characters+Author's note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9 (Part 2)
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 14 (Part 2)
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 24 (Part 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 30 (Part 2)
Epilogue
Bonus
Author's note

Chapter 12

660 26 12
By axxqah

Timeskip
(Three days later, office, 5.30pm)

Suyeon's pov

It's been a while since I talked to Jay. It's strange, not having him hang around me.

He doesn't come to annoy me during work and I don't see him around the company much.

Does he hate me for what I've caused?

I was editing the 'en o' clock' from the previous week. This time, I'll be sure to check my work thoroughly.

"You almost done? Why are you so slow?"
Hyorin took a look at my computer screen.

"Sorry, I wanted to check properly before I release the video"
I apologised.

"Can I send it to you to look through? What's your number?"
I asked, facing her.

Her frown relaxed, and she stared down at me. Her lips formed into a thin line.

Oh this is good.

"No wait, it's okay. You don't need my number. Just check it on your own then publish it. Hah.."
She awkwardly smiled.

"Why not? It'd be convenient if I needed help. I could just text you"
I said, pushing up my glasses.

"Umm. OH, LOOK AT THE TIME, IT'S TIME FOR ME TO CALL MY MOM"
She took out her phone and pretended to dial a number as she walked out.

"Yeah, mom so what are we having for-"
Her voice faded.

Caught you, Kang Hyorin.

I finished checking the whole video. This time, I won't make the same mistake.

I clicked publish and the views started increasing immediately.

I then opened Jay's contact. I hesitated to text him, but I had to update him about Hyorin.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Park Jong Seong

Me:

Hey, can we meet up?
Seen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

He didn't reply. I walked over to the counter and took a bag of chips and munched on it as I waited for a response.

My phone buzzed and I immediately checked it. Nope, it was just a sale.

Was he busy? Or was he just avoiding me purposely?

It's been 15 minutes.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Park Jong Seong

Me:

If you don't want to
see me

Just say so

Don't waste my time

Jay:
Where do you want
to meet up?

Me:

What the

Forget it, Jay

Jay:
Well I'm sorry. But I'm
not obligated to reply
you on time.

Me:

It's basic manners bro

And anyway just find
me in the Hybe Garden.

Jay:
I'm already here

Me:

Really? Okay wait for me

Seen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I exited the company and turned a corner. There was a beautiful garden. No one usually comes here in the day or afternoon.

There were fairy lights tied to the street lamps, which lit up the wooden pavements.

There were daisies, dandelions, tulips, roses, lilies and a few others.

There was no one but Jay who was sitting on the wooden bench. He was twirling a dandelion between his fingers, admiring it.

He was wearing a black hoodie and jeans.

I went up to him and sat down on the bench.

"You know you're harming the environment if you pick flowers right? That dandelion hasn't even lived a full life yet and you've killed it"
I crossed my legs.

"You sound like when I scared you in the editing room back then. You were talking about invasion of privacy, acting all smart"
He did jazz hands.

"I'm still right"
"And anyway, I wanted to tell you that it worked. Hyorin came up with an excuse to leave when I asked for her number"
I said proudly as he blew on the dandelion.

"Okay..but you haven't confronted her that you know she's the stranger texting you"
Jay said, unimpressed.

"But what if she threatens something against me? You never know what tricks she's hiding up her sleeves"
I shrugged.

"If she does, I'll just tell her to stop. She favours me, so she'll listen to what I say"
Jay said.

"That's going to hurt her, Jay. I know that she dislikes me although she tries not to show it. I was hurt when she told me that I was only hired because they didn't have enough staff.."
I played with my fingers, holding back my tears.

"What? Suyeon, I know for a fact that Hybe wouldn't just hire people because we're short on staff. They look for talent and potential in people. And I don't care about Hyorin's feelings. I care about yours"
Jay put his hand over mine.

"But Hyorin sounded so convincing. I really thought a company finally saw me for my efforts but she ruined it for me"
I sniffled.

I felt a warm tear roll down my face and I quickly wiped it with my free hand.

"Hey, hey. Don't cry. Her words are just full of lies"
Jay spoke softly as he shifted closer to me.

He removed my glasses and grabbed my face in his hands, forcing me to look at him. He wiped my tears with his thumbs while smiling slightly.

"You deserve your position and you're doing your work well. Where's the strong and bold Choi, hmm?"
He raised his eyebrows and let go of my face.

I then pulled his hood over his head. But then I realised that this hoodie didn't have drawstrings to tighten it.

"That's so unfair. Your hoodie doesn't even have strings for me to pull. No fun"
I sulked, still sniffling from crying.

"Too bad, Choi. This is a matching hoodie I have with Jungwon. His is orange. The hoodie only has this button"
He pointed to the button on the hoodie.

I took it and buttoned it together, making the head hole exactly the size of his face.

"You look cute like this"
I said, smiling.

"Don't call me cute, please"
He frowned.

"Why? You can't avoid that forever, Jjonghuahua. Let Mr tough guy soften up just for today"
I teased him.

"I just don't like being viewed as cute or soft. I feel like I have a more stronger aura"
He passed me back my glasses and I put it on.

"Yea right. You were real mushy with me when you were drunk, Jay"
I stifled a laugh.

"Stop bringing that up, will you? I don't want to be reminded of it"
Jay removed the hood from his head.

"You hugged my waist so tightly that I didn't even dare to breathe. You kept mumbling my name when you were sleeping and begged me to stay with you"
I don't even know why I could say this so confidently.

"Did you enjoy it, Choi? You're telling me all this so excitedly"
Jay smirked.

"No? I didn't even have a good sleep because of you!"
I stood up.

"You secretly like it, don't you?"
Jay showed his pearly whites while looking up at me.

"I'm going home. It's getting late"
I turned and walked away without answering him.

I felt an arm pull me back by the waist. I bumped my back against their chest.

"Like this? Was this how tight I was hugging you in bed?"
Jay started squeezing my waist with both his arms.

I think my heart is failing.

"Let go, idiot!"
I tried to force his arms off me.

"Answer me first, Choi"
He said, unaffected.

"Yes, Jay. You almost killed me in my sleep. Now let me go"
I said and he unwrapped his hands around me.

"Let me accompany you home. It's getting darker. Where do you live?"
Jay asked.

"So you want to stalk me now? I'll be fine. Just go back to your dorm"
I said.

"Come on. I just want to make sure that you're safe"
Jay started walking backwards while talking to me.

"Fine, just till the bus stop. Then go back. The members will be worried about you"
I said and he nodded.

There was a moment of silence.

"So, how's your family? Are you close to them?"
Jay started walking beside me.

"Quite distant, actually. I had a helper growing up and didn't spend much time with my parents, although they pamper me with gifts"
I said.

"Then it must be lonely without siblings, right?"
Jay replied.

"Slightly. But I grew up independently and found my own interests, like video editing or makeup"
I explained, glad.

"Me too, I found my own interests. Only my mom supported me though"
Jay looked at me.

"Does your dad dislike the idea of you being an idol?"
I asked.

"Mhm. He has his own company and wanted me to take over it. But since I debuted, he stopped bothering me because he saw that I was successful"
Jay shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Ohh. Then why is he the reason you hate your real name?"
-Me

"Your bus! Run!"
He pointed to the bus that was zooming past us.

"No, I'm too tired to-"
I got cut off.

He grabbed my wrist and started running to the bus stop.

He called out for the driver to hold on while waving his hand so he got the signal through the rear view mirror.

"Thank you, sir"
Jay panted when we reached in front of the bus door.

Jay let go of my wrist and signalled me to go inside. I bowed to the driver and put in some coins before going to a seat next to the window.

I looked at Jay who was smiling at me from outside. He waved goodbye as the bus started to move.

He took out his phone and pointed to it, telling me to check it. I nodded and he soon disappeared from my sight.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Park Jong Seong

Jay:
Have a good sleep,
Choi

Me:

Sure I will 🙄

Jay:
Why? Do you need
my hugs to sleep well??

Me:

No, wth? I'd rather learn a
whole choreography
than sleep with you

Jay:
You would? Bet.

Try and learn the 'TFW'
choreo.

Me:

I don't have time for that

Jay:
Then just sleep with me
again. Simple.

Me:

Did you lose a screw in
your brain?

Jay:
Nope. Are you up for
the challenge? Or be a
sore loser?

Me:

Fine.

Jay:

Nice. Show it to me in
person or a video. I
wouldn't mind.

Get home safely and

sleep well without me~
Seen

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Ughh

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

666K 14.8K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3K 284 16
「 ⩩ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Haein, a selfish and spoiled rich girl, fakes a marriage with a man her father would never aprove of to ruin his remarriage plan...
988K 37.2K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
8K 235 24
UNDER MAJOR EDITING‼️‼️ It started with her accepting his hand... "Mina, Sunghoon, you're getting married." "WHAT?!" 2 childhood bestfriends. Both wh...