Love and Basketball: Freshmen...

بواسطة nenewritesometimes

Celebrity life wasn't always peaches and cream with chocolate syrup on top. It was a nightmare, especially if... المزيد

Pilot
Freshmen 1
Freshmen 2
Freshmen 3
Freshmen 4
Freshmen 5
Freshmen 6
Freshmen 7
Freshmen 8
Freshmen 9
Freshmen 10
Freshmen 11
Freshmen 12
Freshmen 13
Freshmen 14
Freshmen 15
Freshmen 16
Freshmen 17
Freshmen 18
Freshmen 19
Freshmen 20
Freshmen 21
Freshmen 22
Freshmen 23
Freshmen 24
Freshmen 25
Freshmen 26
Freshmen 27
Freshmen 28
Freshmen 29
Freshmen 30
Freshmen 31
Freshmen 32
Freshmen 33
Freshmen 34
Freshmen 35
Freshmen 36
Freshem 37
Freshmen 38
Freshmen 39
Freshmen 41
Freshmen 42
Freshmen 43
Freshmen 44
Freshmen 45
Freshmen 46
Freshmen 47
Freshmen 48
Freshmen 49
Freshmen 50
Freshmen 51
Freshmen 52
Freshmen 53
Freshmen 54
Freshmen 55
Freshmen 56
Freshmen 57
Freshmen 58
Freshmen 59
Freshmen 60
Freshmen 61
Freshmen 62
Freshmen 63
Freshmen 64
Freshmen 65
Freshmen 66
Freshmen 67
Freshmen 68
Freshmen 69
Freshmen 70
Epilogue

Freshmen 40

2.4K 207 16
بواسطة nenewritesometimes

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐃𝐮𝐞𝐭 𝐛𝐲 𝐄𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐞𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐭. 𝐁𝐞𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞
⇆ㅤ||◁ㅤ❚❚ㅤ▷||ㅤ↻

🏀

Hampton University
Wed. Dec. 4th, 4:45pm
"My Perfect Match"

"And a one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! And a one...three...five...where are those hands Beth!" Louis exclaimed as she walked around the cheerleaders.

She continued snapping her fingers while counting. Mimi sat on the bleacher and watched from there to see if everyone was on point. There were some missteps in the routine. Wrong hand movements. Wrong moves altogether. It was a disgrace to watch the girls and boys practice the same routine from a couple months ago. It wasn't hard either. A few extra hip shakes, clapping of the hands, and stomping of the feet. Moved that any ole stomp-n'-shake cheerleader would be able to. Right now though, everyone was sloppy.

"Aight, stop!" MiMi interrupted, waving her hand in the air and stopping the music from playing.

"Stop. Jeez, y'all are killing me." She remarked, standing to her feet. She walked to the front of the group where the captain, Neveah, and co-captain, Melissa, stood.

"It's not down-up-down. It's up-down-up do not forget the shake after the second up." MiMi told him, showing them how the dance actually went.

"Y'all also not moving." Louis chimed in with her criticism. "We stay in our spot, but we still move our legs and feet. I need y'all to lift them legs up. Stop being lazy!"

"The season is starting in just a few weeks and we need to get it together. Imma give hall five minutes to practice before we start making cuts." MiMi made her last comment before departing from them. Louis followed behind her, leaving the group to themselves.

Seeing the opportunity, Neveah turned around to look at everyone else. "I'll be damned if my senior year is fucked up because of y'all not being able to get a move down pack. It's ridiculous at this point." She remarked, placing her hands in her hips.

"Girl, boo." Beth waved her off and walked around her. Everyone else, including Dess, ignored Neveah and approached the bleachers. Some sat down and instantly went on their phones while others got themselves something to drink.

Dess stood off near her bag with Beth and Mikey. While they cooled themselves down, Dess was busy going over the routine again. Though cheerleading was turning into something she didn't like, she refused to be kicked off the team for a few mistakes. It was unacceptable. She knew what she had to do, so doing it shouldn't be an issue. She just had to focus. All that focus was going out the door when there was so much drama surrounding her.

"So, y'all ignoring me?" Neveah continued since she didn't receive a reply the first time. "We don't have time to be sitting down and texting. If we don't get this piece down then Mimi and Louis will make cuts. And I know some of y'all are depending on cheerleading to stay relevant."

Dess noticed the side-eye Neveah gave to one of their teammates, Christina. The two girls were the main ones going at in the groupchat. If Dess could remember correctly, they were beefing over a boy of some sort. It truly amazed her at how childish college kids can still be despite being in their twenties. She still had her childish way, but Dess knew that arguing over a boy was middle school bullshit.

"Chill out, Neveah. We're gonna get it down. Basketball season haven't even started yet and you already tryna take control. You're just the captain." A boy named, Kevin, remarked. Neveah rolled her eyes at him then crossed her arms.

"You're damn right I'm the captain and I take that role seriously. Mimi and Louis wouldn't have put me as captain if they didn't think I was fit for the role. Like I said, we need to get a move on with this routine. When our first game come, I refuse for us t look stupid on that gym floor." She told him, meaning every word she said.

"Well, maybe some people aren't picking it up fast. Taking it slow and one step at a time is always better." Dess gave her opinion. She wasn't sure why she spoke but figured it was helpful.

Neveah looked at her along with everyone else. They stared at her like she was one of those girls who never spoke before. Like she was a mute. It was weird since she always spoke to everyone on the team. Dess tucked in her lips, looking around and making eye contact with all the eyes that were on her. It was weird.

"And who are you?" Neveah finally spoke, pointing at her. A frown showed on Dess face at that question. It never failed for someone to be an ass towards her.

"Uhh, it's Desdemona. Dess for short." She answered.

"Right, and what grade are you in?"

"Freshmen."

Neveah nodded her head, "Gotchu. Okay, lemme break this down to you Dess so you can understand. This..." she paused, pointing at the entire group. "...is a cheerleading team. Just like folks do with the majorette girlies, they're watching us as well. We're suppose to go out, show out, and leaving everything on the dance floor. There's absolutely no reason for us to be sloppy when hundreds of people are watching."

"Yeah, but-"

"But, nothing." Neveah cut her off. "There's no buts when it comes to stuff like this. Do you possible think the majorette team expect mistakes? Absolutely not, and those girls were always serving ten out of ten every time she dance. We need to do the same. So, let's get our asses up and correct this dance."

Neveah snapped her fingers at everyone. People started moving at her command, getting back on their two line formation. Dess didn't have anything else to say and just made her way to her appropriate line. She was the second last person in line two. She lifted he head up and placed her attention on Neveah who was in the front. She heard her count down while snapping her fingers then they began dancing. Starting off with a nice walk then soon going into their eight count. One thing for certain and two things for sure, if an escape was needed she would surely do it.

🏀

Dess moved her pillows to make more room on her bed. She was getting ready for Shai since he wasn't too far. Since being back home, things have changed a little bit. The amount of times the two of them see each other had lessen. Tryouts was kicking Shai's behind with its long hours and intense workouts. Dess barely had time to even see Shai afterwards since he always fell right to sleep.

She knew this was the life of a basketball player and was somewhat ready for it. Everything was moving too fast for her though. She thought she had more time to adjust but the season officially starts in a few weeks. Time was running out, she feared. However, to bring back that momentum, Dess invited Shai over for the night. With Freya practically always being out, Dess had the room to herself almost every day. She had to take advantage of the alone time.

"Okay, snacks? Check. Heating pad? Check. Cleaned room? Check. Light?" She asked as she went down the list she created in her head. Reaching for the LED light remote on her desk, she turned the lights on and changed it to a blue color.

She nodded her head, loving how the blue looked. "Lights? Checked. All good for a perfect night alone with each other? Check." she talked to herself.

A smile plastered on her face. She was ready for her man. And right on cue, there was a knock on her door. Dess let out a squeak of excitement as she hopped off her bed. She eagerly jogged to the door then stood on her tippy toes to look out the peephole. She only did so just to make sure it was Shai. And it was. Unlocking the door, she opened it wide and threw her arms around him. The smell of his cologne hitting her nostrils instantly, making her blow out a breath of relief.

"Mhm, you smell so good." She hummed, Shai chuckling.

"Thank you. You do too." He complimented her back. She smelled sweet in a way that made butterflies form in Shai's stomach.

Letting go of him, Dess grabbed his hand and led him inside the room. "I know you're tried from tryouts, so I didn't do anything extravagant. Just a nice night in where we rest and enjoy each other's presence." She told him, holding her free hand out and letting it present the room to him.

Shai nodded his head while he look around. The room smelling just like her. The blue lights bouncing off the walls and creating a calm atmosphere. The music in the background playing at a soft volume. Everything was laid out perfectly. Once he was done checking everything out, Shai placed his attention on Dess. Though the room was looking nice, Dess was looking even finer.

"You did all this for me?" He questioned, Dess quickly turning towards him. She already saw that he was staring, making her stomach turn. She opened her mouth to speak but a croak came out instead. She cleared her throat, gathering herself.

Shai chuckled at her dramatics, but still found it cute. He lifted her chin then leaned towards her. The anticipation that was there as they there lips were just an inch apart rose. After giving it a second or two, Shai pressed his lips against hers. Their long awaited kiss created sparks. This was all Dess has been waiting for since away on break. His lips against hers and their bodies close to one another. She was in heaven. Just before the kiss deepened, Dess pulled away. Shai stayed ahold of her bottom lip for a second before letting go.

Dess giggled, "Would you like a massage?" she asked, placing her hands on his chest.

"What kind of massage?" Shai questioned. His voice had deepened a bit, making Dess bit on her bottom lip.

"A simple and regular massage to help your muscles." She emphasized, shooting down whatever Shai was thinking.

He hummed then nodded his head. "Aight. I accept this simple and regular massage from my princess." He joked, Dess playfully rolling her eyes.

She gave him a small push back. "Mhm, take your shirt off." She told him, walking around him and to her bed. She made sure everything was straight before climbing on it.

She rested her back on the wall and watched Shai pull his shirt over his head. Dess wasn't normally the type of chick that got excited over the littlest things but seeing Shai's muscular back changed all of that. She twisted her lips to the side, wondering how she could fall for a persons back. Out of all things. It only got worse when he turned around to face her. Dess found herself staring hard at his abs. His veins that popped out of his arms skin caught her attention. The sight of him was all too much for her to handle. The thought of a massaging completely going out the window as well.

"Babe..." Shai called her, Dess not answering since she was still staring. Her mind was traveling down the tracks of explicit imagination.

Shai snickered to himself, placing his hands in his pockets. He didn't want to interrupt her so he just stood there. He'll eventually get a massage and other things as well.

🏀

Actions:
-like
-comment
-share
-discuss

Discussion Board:
1. something slight before we get more intimate and dive into some drama

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

106K 2.4K 54
Jourdan Mathews has a secret, and she knows she needs to take this one to the grave. * * * Her life was never complicated: a college student with a...
23K 691 45
Five years of distance can change the past, the present and the future. Maddison Brooks' dream has always been to win the Dance Awards, not even in t...
644 40 14
𝐏𝐇𝐘𝐒𝐂𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐒 a name unheard of. Except by one, of course. The one who simply got away. Five years ago her best friend moved to a diffe...
3.6K 140 6
"Why won't you leave me alone?" "Because you don't want me to leave me alone." "What makes you so sure of that?" "If you want me to leave you alone w...