CRUEL FATE | chainsaw man.

By stzrgyu

denji , chainsaw man... More

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐅𝐀𝐓𝐄
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐎𝐍𝐄, the nameless devil
𝐓𝐖𝐎, blind to the scene
𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, taking orders
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, travel buddies
𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, the sight of a chainsaw
𝐒𝐈𝐗, he who refuses her call
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, forgive me.. for both of them
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, a promised kiss on the cheek
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, her unlucky number
𝐓𝐄𝐍, double promise
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, the devil of eternity
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄, useless girl
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, my precious erity
𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, from the shadows you call my name
𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, you and me
𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sloppy first kiss
𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, sweet sixteen
𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, himeno's ghost
𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, erity the starfish
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, the country mouse
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎, cherry bomb
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, the price of touch
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, friend or foe
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄, protection for denji
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐈𝐗, power's glory
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍, close encounter
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, eerie messages
𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄, loss of arms
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘, bloodshed
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄, a night of innocence
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎, taking care of power
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄, like family
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑, cold feet

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘, the sight of an angel

828 39 7
By stzrgyu

( XX. the sight of an angel )

a day or two had passed and that was enough time for erity to recover. the girl had done as aki said and called him once she figured out that they were releasing her, asking for him to pick her up soon. which he complied too and didn't take long to get there.

erity could tell something felt different about him, but she wasn't sure on what. she just got a weird new feeling from the male and she couldn't place her finger on it, it wasn't anything physical that she could just easily point out anyway.

the girl sat in the back seat with aki, feeling awkward. she didn't know the two people who sat in the front seats, they were unknown to her, but it seemed like aki was comfortable with them at least.

she looked at the dark haired boy, a curious glint in her eyes, which he quickly noticed.

"eri?" he called out to her, wondering why she was just staring at him all of a sudden.

she leaned closer slightly, squinting her eyes. "there's something different about you." she voiced her thoughts, lifting a hand to point at him. "but i can't tell what it is..."

"devil."

her eyebrows raised which confused aki even more, "you have... a new devil?"

"how'd you figure it out?" aki knew it had to have been zankoku, otherwise how else would the girl notice so quickly. "zankoku?"

erity answered with a nod, looking away from aki and out the window. "where are we going now? you never said anything and plus these other people..." she quietly pointed out the front seat people, trying not to catch their attention.

eventually the car came to a stop on the side of the road, meaning that it was time for aki and erity to get out.

"thank you for the guidance." aki said before closing the car door, following after erity, who began to walk ahead of him.

"you piss me off, but i'll cheer you on! and i'll leave you with this!" erity didn't see what happened, but she looked back slightly to see what was going on. "there aren't any normal people in the special division so watch out!"

the two males looked at each other for a minute, before the scarred one broke their eye contact first. going back into the car and taking off, the girl driving away.

aki watched them drive off before turning to face the shorter girl again, "you have any idea what we're about to get into?" erity shook her head. "well, just try to stick close to me. don't follow after denji or power, they're idiots."

"alright... i'll try my best not to lose you." she looked up at the blue sky, "hey aki, do you... nevermind." the girl quickly stopped herself from finishing the sentence, ignoring the look he gave her and closed her eyes. enjoying the simple breeze before they would inevitably get into more shit.

༺♰༻

erity stood close to aki and stared up at the tall building. this was apparently the location they received, and there was word that it was the correct place.

the grey eyed girl looked at kishibe, realizing that he was talking about the mission. "the special 4th division is mostly made up of non-human members. if one of them runs off into the city, they would cause more harm than the terrorists running wild. for this mission, you should prepare yourselves for if you end up fighting the 4th rather than worrying about the terrorists. i will give you a rundown of our members characteristics."

the girl paid close attention to what kishibe said about the members of the 4th division, and that this point she was confident she knew who was who just based off appearances now.

aki made sure the girl was close by his side when they first went in, making sure she didn't deviate from their original plan. even if she wanted to fight, he wouldn't allow her; she had only just gotten out the hospital not too long ago.

yes, he would let her use the weapons that zankoku would give her, as needed. but anything more was a huge no from him, he didn't need to worry about losing anyone else.

and preferably not another person he had known for over a year. not so soon.

erity watched as aki used his new katana to slay zombies who got too close to the pair, her eyes moved in the direction where she heard laughing.

seeing a large shark head in the place of a human head, clearly showing that he wasn't a human. to her especially since she had listened to kishibe speak about the special 4th division.

"the shark devilman; he can swim through walls, in the ground, and pretty much anywhere. he can take the devil's form for a short period of time."

she stared in awe as she watched him go to bite another zombie, one with a hood on it's head? the figure quickly retaliated and punched the shark head, the fiend falling to the ground.

"that hurt!" the shark devil cried out, sitting on the dirty ground.

the other still didn't turn to him, only reaching out to another zombie and grabbing it by the throat. "oh! my bad! you bit me, so i thought you were a zombie!" he ripped off the zombie's head, blood spraying everywhere.

"the devilman of violence; as a rule, devilmen are weaker than they were as devils, but this one was way too strong even as a devilman, so he has a mask on that emits poison. no matter what happens, do not remove his mask."

the violence fiend looked to the side and noticed a woman standing there awkwardly.

"hey miss human over there, you should probably run away. if you get bitten, you'll turn into a zombie." she raised her head and her hair fell out of her face, revealing a zipper that ran down the middle of her face. "oh, you're a devil, huh!"

"the spider devil; it normally has a humanoid form. in general the more humanoid the devil, the friendlier it is with humans, but a devil is still a devil. it will kill people in the heat of the moment."

spider-like legs grew from underneath her skirt, raising her up from the zombies. ripping off one of their heads, and a few of her spider legs stabbing into zombies. another leg of hers went out and swiftly decapitated the head of one zombie, causing it to fly off and make eventually hit the side of a pair of shoes.

an arm reaching down to grab the zombie's head, voicing their annoyance. "ughh... it got my shoes dirty... this thing is the worst..." they complained, bringing up the head and then taking out a bite, cradling the head between their arm and chest.

"the angel devil; this one is a special devil that doesn't have any hostility to humans, but do not get near it. if it touches you, it will absorb your lifespan."

erity's eyes seemed to be stuck on the angel devil, her eyes almost sparkling as she stared at the devil. her curiosity got the better of her as she began to drift away from aki's side and to the devil, taking slow steps with her hands together in front of her chest; almost as if she was praying.

"you there... do you have a handkerchief?" the angel devil asked either of the two humans in front of him, noticing how the girl got closer to him than the male at first.

she remained silent as aki also got closer, matching her pace and pulling out his handkerchief, handing it to the devil once within close range.

"i'm surprised you came close to me, since your lifespan will shrink if i touch you." angel stared up at aki, though his face remained neutral even if his words held slight surprise.

erity's eyes grew large, "you also deal with taking lifespan?" she let out without thinking properly, forgetting that aki was stood next to her.

and he did hear her, giving her a questionable side eyed look. not understanding what she meant by that, but he would be sure to ask her later.

"i figure it wasn't an issue through cloth." aki looked back at the devil, a neutral look also on his face. the two didn't express their emotions quite like erity did.

"the door." erity nodded quickly and turned towards the door behind them, aki following her movements as if he already knew.

an unknown man pushed himself out into the middle of the open door, aiming his gun at the trio in front of him, not going after anyone in particular.

the man let three shots go, one for each person there. he wasn't expecting his bullets to be stopped by an angel's wing, a large wing which blocked the three who stood in the bullets range.

angel saying a small "ow" once the bullets made contact with his wing.

aki then took action and lunged forward with his katana in hand, catching the man off guard, as be reached up and hit the man in the jaw with the end of the katana; rendering him unconscious.

"devil, take this guy outside." aki ordered the angel devil, looking back to see both the devil and erity standing there still. "erity, you go with."

"he's giving me orders... well, it's better than fighting at least." the devil mindlessly let out, not fully aware he said it aloud. loud enough for the girl next to him could hear.

she nodded in aki's direction, "you'll get used to it eventually. i would know at least.. i've been stuck with him for over a year." erity watched as aki disappeared around the corner, leaving the two behind. "i can drag the body, don't worry!"

angel glanced at the girl as she went towards the man's body, wrapping her arms underneath his armpits. beginning to drag him as the devil led the way for her, that was the most he could really do at the moment.

even if he wanted to help, he couldn't. since one touch from him and she could lose some of her lifespan.

the pair eventually made it back outside the large hotel, erity dropping the body of the man and wiping at her forehead. sweating slightly from the physical labor she had to do.

angel took some steps away from the girl and unknown man, his eyes trained on the beautiful sky above them. the colors of orange fading into yellow, birds flying across the sky. it was a sight to see.

he didn't notice how the girl, who had been following him, stood next to him now. also looking up at the sky to look at what he had been staring up at, glad that she decided to.

she suddenly wished there was a way to capture the moment forever, but she knew it wouldn't come true. so in the moment she would enjoy it, not thinking about what aki could be going through right now, or denji and power possibly fighting the katana man now. it was all in the back of her mind.

"so," she turned to look at the devil next to her, "can i call you angel?"

he was almost dumbfounded at her question, not expecting the girl to ask such a thing. figuring she would just leave him once they escaped from inside the hotel.

and so he gave the girl a hesitant nod, unsure of what to say. "sure..."

"great! i'm erity!" she gave him a bright smile, wanting to shake his hand out of kindness but she knew not to even try. she didn't want to lose more of her life in such little time, and plus zan would end up throwing a fit.

ꗃ ──────────── ❥
feb. 4th, 2023
feb. 8th, 2023 (published)

ok but i literally screamed when i saw angel finally appear. anyway. i'm planning a fic for part 2 for when i finish this cause i LOVEEEE csm. but it'll be weird since its gonna be different😕😕

ALSO THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 8K. WTH??? IS THIS REAL.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 43 12
ღ... "i love you cursed or not.." "even if i died more than twice..?" ღ... aki hayakawa was forced to get a j...
30.9K 1K 17
" I'm so fucking hungry..." Private devil hunter (Name)(L.Name) is forced to work with public safety officers for the good of all humanity. With the...
8K 230 9
gravity devil able to change his own or someone else's with a touch but now sitting across a certain redhead it came down to a decision death or beco...
1.7K 56 12
many people have told angel that he's not capable of love. a psychology project challenges that notion and aki just wants a good grade. [also availab...