A Second Chance

By d0rkiee

"Do you... love him?" "If I was given a second chance, I'd run back to him." June 22,2023 - *ART BELONGS TO... More

prologue
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven
chapter twenty eight
chapter twenty nine
chapter thirty
chapter thirty one
chapter thirty two
chapter thirty three
chapter thirty four
chapter thirty five
chapter thirty six
chapter thirty seven
chapter thirty eight
chapter thirty nine
chapter forty
chapter forty one
chapter forty two
chapter forty three
chapter forty four
chapter forty five
chapter forty six
chapter forty seven
chapter forty eight
chapter forty nine
chapter fifty
chapter fifty one
chapter fifty two
chapter fifty three
chapter fifty four
chapter fifty five
chapter fifty six
chapter fifty seven
chapter fifty eight
chapter fifty nine
chapter sixty
chapter sixty one

chapter eleven

188 14 0
By d0rkiee

Keeping myself together, I treated my bruises and cuts and started leaving the school property.

SEUNG HO'S POV

"A fight, huh?" My older brother asked, Seo Joon. "That's nothing like you. Is it the school air or something?" I didn't reply "I spoke to the principal. Seems like you hurt some kids really badly along with some girl, Jun Hyuna? Jin Hyun? Or was it—" Seo Joon was cut off

"Ji Hyun," I corrected him "so you're familiar with her?" I kept quiet, Seo Joon sighed heavily. "Principal told me she's a bad kid, Seung Ho. I love that you're making new friends, acting like a real teen. But fights? Look at your face, Seung Ho" he lectured.

Seo Joon touched my cut, I winced. "Did she... protect you?" I looked over at Seo Joon "yeah, she jumped in" "did you guys win at least?" Seo Joon smirked, I smiled lightly and nodded.

"Didn't know my little brother was a fighter!" He nudged me, I rolled my eyes.

JI HYUN'S POV

I walked into my work place. "Hey, Ji Hyun!" Gun Woo came from the back and saw my face "Ji Hyun! Are you okay!?" He ran to me "huh, oh yeah. I'm fine" I smiled. "What's with your face?" He pointed at it with worried-some.

"A fight at school" I took my bag and walked off to the back and Gun Woo followed. "You seem really badly hurt" I sighed and looked at him, "trust me, Gun Woo. I'm fine" I smiled brightly.

"Look, you can take the work off. I don't mind, I'm sure there won't be a lot of customers" I nodded no "and if there is? I'm staying, don't worry about me" I put on my apron. A customer walked in, "welcome!" I walked to the cashier.

Customer after customer I was getting tired.

"Go home, Ji Hyun" Gun Woo walked over to me "no," I declined and snuffled "I'm closing the shop. Go home" he put his hand on my shoulder "the store doesn't close in 3 hours" I frowned. "I'm closing early. We did enough, don't worry. Sales won't go down. Go" I sighed and nodded.

I grabbed my things and left.

I got home, I heard creaking and moans. I peeked at the kitchen, my mom was making love with a different man, my eyes widened.

"E-eomma..." they both looked at me, she smiled at me. "Baby~" she was drunk "mind getting us a new condom it's in my room" I was about to vomit, and ran to my room.

What is wrong with that lady??

I slumped on the floor, "today was such a tiring day..." I saw something twinkle in the clothes that I came into this life with. I crawled over to my clothes, and searched for the twinkling.

I felt something and took it out. My eyes widened.

"My-my wedding ring..." it was twinkling in the moon lights that shines into my room from the window, "I still have it," I crawled over to the book I took from the library.

I picked it up and got up. I put my ring in a shelf along with the book, two things important to me. I smiled and took a step back.

Maybe Seung Ho and I can be friends.. just
maybe.

"Stop it!" I heard yelling, I peeked through my door and saw my dad and mom fighting while the other man ran out shirtless.

He slapped her, she fell to the floor. "You think you can cheat on me! You're stuck with me forever!" He was about to hit her again. "Appa, enough!" I ran to them and held eomma tightly.

"Stop!" I yelled again "she's done wrong, but hitting her won't help!" I yelled, he scoffed. I looked down at eomma she looked at me with a grateful look.

"Since you wanna play heroic!" Before I could look at him, I was knocked out.

Time was going by fast.

There was an alarm going off, I frowned and sat up. I was laying down in front of the front door,  I was in pain.

My eye was hurting. I got up and went to the bathroom.

Holy shit.

I had a black eye.

Fuck...

I looked through the medicine and found ointment and I applied some to my eye.

My stomach growled, "time for ramen shopping" I slipped on my crocs and walked out of my house making sure my house was locked.

I was shopping for some ramen, the bell went off when someone entered. "Welcome!" The cashier smiled, someone walked in the same aisle as me

"Hmm," I looked around "oh there it is!" I reached for it but it was out of my league, I tipped toed harder to the point my ankles might've cracked. Someone leaned over me and took it.

"Hey, that's mine!" I turned, I flinched. "Seung Ho..." Seung Ho looked down at me, my cheeks brightened red lightly "Seung Ho!?" I pushed him, he fell back into a shelf, I gasped.

"Are you okay?" Seung Ho sighed and fixed his sweater, and kept a straight face.

He's acting like usual.

"Don't worry about me" Seung Ho walked over to the shelf behind me and grabbed a few different types of ramen. I watched him.

"Do you have something to say?" Seung Ho looked at me at the side of his eyes, "n-no!" I nodded no. "Why are you acting... weird?" He confronted me "weird? What do you mean?" I laughed nervously.

Seung Ho sighed, "Ji Hyun, about yesterday. It—" I cut him off "yes!?" I stepped closer, Seung Ho was hesitant but cleared his throat after. "We were caught up, well, I was caught up with the past."

What is he saying?

"Explain, please?" "I understand. You miss the kids, so I'm not holding it against you. But I don't... return your feelings" I flinched. It was silent, the cashier was invested.

"I-I'm sorry, feelings? For you?" I bursted out laughing "feelings for you!? Do you hear your fucking self!?" I pushed Seung Ho. "I don't have feelings for you, never did and never will!"

"If I did, I'd kill myself! No one can love someone like you, hell not even to love!" Seung Ho glared at me. "Don't need to go that far, Ji Hyun" "twisting my actions, making assumptions. You look stupid as hell" I crossed my arms.

"I don't have feelings for you. And you're right, we were caught up with the past, I DO miss the kids. Now, your turn to explain why you leaned in" he stayed quiet, "it... it reminded me of Hana" I flinched.

"I reminded you of that trash?" "She isn't trash. Stop insulting her Ji Hyun. You're always filled with violence. That's why people don't like hanging out with you, or being around you" my eyes widened.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm just returning the same energy" he noticed my eye.

What happened..?

Seung Ho scoffed and ignored it, he threw cash at the cashier and walked out with his ramen, I stood there.

And I really thought me and him could work something out.

I walked up to the cashier. "You guys have kids?" I flinched "o-oh, yeah. Teen parents" I smiled nervously, she sighed, "on the house," I smiled at her, and bowed my head. "Thank you," and I left.

The weekend went by. My family haven't returned, Jae Hyun came back but left multiple times. School started again. And my bruises faded away, it still hurt though.

I walked out of my house, Ha Joon was standing outside.

"Ha Joon?" My eyes saddened "hey..." he kicked a marble and looked at me with hesitation. "Why did you disappear on me?" I walked up to him "you just, you're always with Seung Ho."

Is he jealous?

"What do you mean?" "You could've prevented this" he pointed at the bruise "but you had to jump in. Why?" He asked "it just ain't right, two against one. Messed up" I looked away. Ha Joon sighed and hugged me.

"I care about you so much, Ji Hyun. I don't want you getting hurt" he backed up and held my face, I blushed. "Really?" He nodded "yes," we held hands. "Let's go to school now," I nodded and we went to school together.

We met up with Ae Cha.

Ha Joon is the one I want. He's so kind, caring and loving. Everything I want in a man. I have to stop involving myself with Seung Ho. It's a problem.

We went to class.

Ha Joon took a seat. He smiled to himself.

Ji Hyun...

She's so amazing.

"Guess what I saw dude?" "What did you see?" "On Friday. I saw Seung Ho and Ji Hyun alone in the nurses office together" that caught his attention.

"Well no shit. They were in a fight" "but the nurse wasn't there. I thought it was normal until I saw Seung Ho kissed Ji Hyun" his eyes widened slowly.

"For real?" "Yeah, but don't tell anyone! Let's keep it to our selves!" Seung Ho walked in.

That's it!

Ha Joon got up and walked up to Seung Ho.

What does he want?

"Are you happy?" "Happy about?" He spoke up coldly "you know what you did!" Ha Joon yelled at him, everyone looked at them. "Did what?" "Stop acting stupid!" Ha Joon punched Seung Ho.

Ae Cha and I were laughing together while studying. Someone came running in, "Ha Joon and Seung Ho are getting in a fight!!" Some kids got up and ran out, Ae Cha and I looked at each other worriedly.

We got up and ran to their class.

"Coming through!" We pushed through people, and we saw it. Seung Ho and Ha Joon were fighting.

"Why are they fighting?" "I'm sure it's over Kim Ji Hyun. I just heard Jeok Yoon oppa talking about Seung Ho and Ji Hyun kissed last Friday" my eyes widened.

Seung Ho pinned Ha Joon against the wall and kept him against it.

"There's a reason to it, Ha Joon! Calm do—" Ha Joon punched his way out "you think cause you have the looks, you're gonna get everything what you want! Ji Hyun is not like every girl!" Ha Joon threw another punch, my eyes became watery.

"Stop trying to seduce Ji Hyun, bastard!!!" I caught Ha Joon's punch. "Enough, Ha Joon" I looked at him with sad eyes, "J-Ji Hyun...?" "Ha Joon, what're you doing?" My voice cracked.

"Tell me it's not true, Ji Hyun!" Seung Ho wiped the blood off his face, I stayed silent. "Did you guys kiss?" "No!" I denied it "don't lie to me..please" my mouth trembled.

"We were going to. But—" "you assho—" I shoved Ha Joon away from Seung Ho.

"The asshole is me!" "I initiated it with Seung Ho! I'm the one that made the move!" "What...?" Ha Joon said softly "stop, all of you. Nothing happened" Ae Cha tried defending me. Ha Joon stepped away

"Ha Joon..." "Ha Joon please listen" "that's so... weird" "you and I known each other for years, and not even a kiss on the cheek! You just met him, Ji Hyun! Tell me the truth, is there something between you two?" I sighed.

"No, of course not" I stepped closer "Ha Joon, I l-" he cut me off.

"I don't believe you."

My eyes widened, the teacher walked in and Ha Joon walked off. "What the hell happened here?!" Students ran off, I stood there. My eyes became watery, "Ji Hyun..." Ae Cha looked at me but ran after Ha Joon.

"Ji Hyun," Seung Ho walked up behind me, I turned, his eyes widened. I looked fine to him, "Ji Hyun, are you okay?" I scoffed "I'm fine," I glared at him. "Don't you ever hurt Ha Joon again" I glared at him "he's the one that hit me" "I can care less" I walked away.

Seung Ho stood there, his friends came in. "We come in late and this happens?" They walked up to Seung Ho, "did you fight again?!" Bong Joon asked, Seung Ho ignored them and sat down. Da Chul handed him a water bottle.

"For your busted lip" he pressed the water against his bottom lip.

Ha Joon's side, again.

I ditched school.

He hates me. Ha Joon actually hates me. This is all my fault. Why did I, ugh..!

I sighed and walked to the cafe.

"Welcome!" "Huh? Ji Hyun?" Gun Woo walked to me, I hugged Gun Woo tightly. "What's wrong?" He hugged me back "I hate myself so much, Gun Woo" we sat down and I explained everything.

"Wow. Well that's a lot to take in. But are you okay?" I looked up at him, "sorry," "well Ji Hyun, all I can tell you is take a few days off of school and work. I can tell you need it" I smiled lightly.

"You sure?" He nodded "don't worry," He smiled, we hugged once more. "Go home and get some rest" I nodded and walked out of the cafe.

I got home.

That's what I need a few days off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 541 43
She was supposed to meet her friend,however,it never got to the point where she could knock on her friend's door.She bumped into her brother's rival...
7.1K 532 19
ITS NEVER TOO LATE TO BEGIN AGAINā™” "Sometimes life is not fair with everyone, we broke, we heal but rarely life offers you a second chance and someti...
296 33 30
"The things we've lived aren't what define us; however, they are one part of what we are nowadays. And due to the past. I lived and will continue to...
1.1M 69.8K 41
"Been about you, since I met you and imma keep it that way" You're special to me. You're the only one who I wouldn't mind losing sleep for, the only...