Captured

بواسطة Kayy_B

Nala would do anything for her sister Cami, even cover up the murder of the visiting Alpha's cousin. She did... المزيد

Synopsis
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Update: Please read
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty- Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three

Chapter Forty Two

4.5K 149 6
بواسطة Kayy_B

Chapter Forty-Two

I'm cursed, I had to be. There was no other way to explain why these unfortunate situations that kept happening to me. It wasn't a coincidence, it was me. I was jinxed, cursed, hexed or whatever you want to call it.

That was me, Nala Ayad, cursed.

Just when things were finally going well, it all had to come crumbling down. I had my phone back, I was in regular contact with Cami and my uncle, Teresa and Alpha Alessandro weren't an issue anymore and I was somewhat okay here. Nothing dreadful was happening to me, unless you count the boredom, no one was targeting me and I was left alone.

If I actually thought about my situation I could wholeheartedly say that I was blessed, I was very lucky to not be in prison or dead. Perhaps it was me who jinxed it all, I was forgetting why I was here, what they thought I did and I was being ungrateful and kept pushing the boundaries.

Perhaps it was karma for the things I had done, despite our valid reasons we did bury a body and though I might not have killed that nonce I was the reason why someone else was dead. Miles. He was dead because of me, granted he shouldn't have got involved but that didn't mean he had to die for our lies and action.

I couldn't think about that for too long, the guilt would eat away at me and I had other concerns. Did that make me a bad person? We all like to think of ourselves as the good guy, the hero of the story, the victim, the innocent one, we justify our behaviour and action in our heads. We only did what we did because of xyz, we had no choice, anyone under these circumstances would do the same but if everyone thought like that then who was the bad guy or the villain? We can't all be saints, some of us aren't good we're just really good at fooling ourselves.

We should have done what a 'good' person would have done if they found themselves in our situation and told the truth. We should have called the police and explained what happened. The evidence was there, they would have seen his body, his clothes and they would have seen Cami, the marks on her body, the assault was visible and they could have used a rape kit.

Cami's actions were justifiable and it was self-defence. He was the one who forced his way into our house, he was the one who attacked Cami and Cami defended herself and it went too far, it was an accident.

It was a mistake, she never meant to kill him. People make mistakes, good people make mistakes.

Good prevails over evil. That's what we're told, at the end good will triumph over evil. You see it in books, fairy tales and movies, the good people win and peace is restored. Sadly reality isn't like that, good people don't win, they get shitted on, it's the bad people that win. If good people did win the world wouldn't be the way it is, the world would have been kind, peaceful and full of tranquillity.

In reality all actions have consequences whether it's good or bad and unfortunately for us, it seems to be bad.

The day hadn't started off badly and I was unaware of the dangers that were to arise and woke up feeling somewhat content. Today was different, better, since I now had a phone and I could text Cami whenever I wanted. Knowing that she was far away from here and safe and sound was a huge load off my crippling shoulders.

I was never allowed to leave the house so every morning I would open the windows and breathe in the fresh air. I would feel the wind in my hair, the sun would gently kiss my face and arms and in those moments I would forget about my troubles and let go.

That blissful moment was interrupted this morning by the sound of Werewolves stomping around the grounds. There were Werewolves there every day and it was easy to ignore them however today was different and there were Werewolves everywhere.

I should have realised something was going on, I should have paid more attention to it but instead annoyance built up inside me and I felt pissed off that these stupid Werewolves had disturbed my morning bliss.

After texting Cami and Uncle Tom I put my phone away and headed to the bathroom, eager to have a shower and brush my teeth. Other than texting I didn't use my phone for anything else, temptation filled every inch of my body every time I touched my phone yet I didn't dare look at any of my social media accounts.

There were two reasons for that, the first one was Miles. I didn't know what the Alpha had said about his death, did he tell his family or other people that he was dead or did people assume he was missing? Maybe they made up some story about him leaving the country so no one would look to into it, I had a feeling the Alpha could make anyone disappear without a problem.

That leads me to my second reason, where was I? Was I a missing person? Do people know I'm at Alpha Alessandro's house? Do people know the reason why I was here was because of Harlan Aristov?

Ignorance is bliss and I needed all the bliss I could yet. Going into that rabbit hole would only get me into more trouble. As tempting as it was to find out or to contact my friends, I stayed away from it and focused on what was important.

All my meals were delivered to my room and breakfast was one of the meals where the maid would leave it on my bedside table while I was in the shower. I knew they usually had breakfast a lot earlier than this but the maids here were very accommodating and gave me mine later.

Once I had gotten out of the shower and wrapped a fluffy white towel across my body I exited the room and came to a complete stop. My food was waiting for me but someone else was waiting for me too.

Swallowing harshly, I clasped my towel tightly around my body. I knew the towel was secure but I didn't want to risk accidently flashing the Alpha.

Alpha Alessandro was standing by the door, his face filled with a strange expression. His eyes scanned my body slowly and I could have sworn I saw desire flash in them.

"What are you doing here?" I asked softly.

The Alpha didn't respond and instead watched a few water droplets from my hair trickle down to my chest. Without warning the Alpha suddenly came towards me causing me to let out a squeak and take a step back.

"What are you doing?" I repeated, my voice barely above a whisper.

Alpha Alessandro stretched his hand out and gently caressed the skin above where my towel ends overlapped. His touch was soft and teasing as he skimmed my skin, I bit my lip hard to stop myself from making any noise.

"You are be-"

Alpha Alessandro was interrupted by the door slamming open. He withdrew his hand quickly causing me to suddenly feel cold.

"Have you told her?" A frantic voice asked.

Looking around the Alpha I saw Teresa standing there looking slightly frazzled. Her face was pinched as if she was worried about something. Her expression changed when she saw what I was wearing or should I say what I wasn't wearing.

"Where are your clothes?" She asked me before turning to the Alpha. "Why is she never wearing around clothes when she's near you?"

Embarrassment filled my body and I could feel my cheeks becoming hot. "I just got out of the shower." I meekly tried to explain. "I was going to put some clothes on."

After waiting half a minute for them to leave so I could change neither of them moved. "Okay then." I muttered to myself. I grabbed my clothes, putting my bra and underwear at the bottom so you couldn't see it.

Practically sprinting into the bathroom, I slammed the door shut and rubbed my body with the slightly damp towel before hastily putting my clothes on. Both the Alpha and Teresa were strange but something felt off and I had a feeling the Alpha was in my room to tell me whatever it was Teresa came in asking about.

I racked my brain for what they could possibly want to talk to me about but I couldn't think of anything that would cause them both to come see me. It was bad, it had to be or else Teresa wouldn't have been looking so worried.

Hesitantly I opened the door and re-entered the room slowly. Alpha Alessandro and Teresa were whispering to each other and stopped when they saw me.

"W-what's going on?"

The pair of them glanced at each other but didn't answer my question. Dread began to fill my body, making its way up to my throat where it was choking me.

Was it Cami? Did something happen to her? Is that why she hadn't responded to my text?

"Is it Cami?" I couldn't hide the urgency and panic from my voice when I asked that question. "Did something happen?"

"Cami is fine." Teresa quickly responded and tried to give me a reassuring smile however I was far from reassured.

"Then?"

The Alpha finally spoke. "My parents are coming."

His parents?

"They want to talk to you."

@=#~=~#=@

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter 

His parents are coming! What do you think they want? Do you think they suspect anything? 

Let me know what you think is going to happen next

Next chapter will be up on 16/12/2022 but you can read ahead on www.patreon.com/kayy_b

Thank you for reading :)

-Kayy xx

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.1M 75.3K 26
London was from a pack that was killed by an enemy pack. She was only seventeen when it happened. She was the only one to escape except for a small b...
238K 9.6K 49
My book has been #272, #154 and #177 in Werewolf. Lincoln Rylan is a human, so why is she being terrorized by beast of the woods? She's lost her sis...
15.2K 226 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
4.4K 290 31
An ancient prophecy has loomed over Meila's head since her first shift aged seven. She is Aureum Unam;The Golden One. Kept hidden from the world sinc...