Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire...

By phangirlingweirdo

- won first place in the summer 2015 x reader fanfiction awards - You feel like your life is one big existent... More

a/n: disclaimer
Introducing You...
Landlord Peasant
And So It Begins...
Don't Stalk Me!
Hello Internet!
Too Many Innuendos...
Twenty Questions
"My Rambling is... Cucumber?"
The Interview
"What is my life?!"
Abused... Bruised... Alone?
The Aftermath
Diagnosis and a Tour
Pizza and a Close Call
Annoying Cashier
Advice with Dan
Skyping Feels
Youtube...?
Spaghetti and Damp Clothes
Stay with me...
Soggy Cereal
Artistic Attempts
Heart-to-Hearts in a Cupboard
Hangover
Awkward... >.<
Llamaaaa :3
Guitar Hero
Danosaurs be craaazzzyyy
"A winky friendship is a good friendship."
Pancakes
Sherlock is Bae
Movie Marathon
Shiz happens.
"You're ruining my liveshow!"
Waffles and Horror Movies
Awkward Experiences
Cooking and Arguments
Friends Again...?
Phan... Sorta.
The Inner Badass
Twister and Ice Cream
The Deep, Dark World of Tumblr
Visitors
GULLIBLE.
The Fairground
Looking for the Lion
The Postman ruins Everything.
Announcements and Turnips
Gertrude...
Third Video!
Mario Kart and Liveshows
a/n: omg!
Shopping and Cereal
Stirfry and Complete Failures
Zoe's Party - Part One
Zoe's Party - Part Two
The Worst Party Ever?!
Twitter Troubles
CACTUS ASSAULT
Making Up and Strange Dreams
Treeee!
Minty
Phil's Date
Piggy Backs
Salted Caramel Brownies
a/n: 2k?!
The London Eye and Games
Phangirls and Embarrassing Phil
Anxious Thoughts...
Nostalgia and Vegetable Pie
Coincidence? I think not...
Alpacalypse.
a/n: 3k! omw 0-0
Search and Find
Sudden Realisations
Morning Breath Kisses
Hiccups and Phone Conversations
Midnight Magic
Nightmares and Lucky Charms
a/n: 5k! :D
Cards Against Humanity and Codes
Decoding and Panicking
Sickness and Cuddling
Noodles and Theories!
The Big Reveal...
Cookies and Queries
Teasing ^v^
Decorating and Christmas!
Brighton Beach
Never Let Me Go
Bonus Chapter - Minty's Real Name
Answers to the Character Ask

Advice with Phil *cue jingle*

19.4K 820 690
By phangirlingweirdo

You wake up in your bed, although you're pretty sure you went to sleep on the sofa again. Someone must have carried you... You hoped it was Dan.

You keep replaying in your head the few minutes between Dan and you last night.

Your annoyance increases at Phil, although you really like him and can't really blame him for interrupting you. But your mind keeps saying:

If he had just come in a moment later...

You try to get this thought out of your head. It's not fair on Phil.

Instead, you focus on how far you have come. You started off as a pretty average fangirl, and here you are nearly kissing Dan Howell. You smile to yourself.

"What's so funny?"

You jump slightly. Dan is leaning casually against your wall.

"Uh... Um, nothing."

He raises an eyebrow at you, clearly not convinced. You sigh at how perfect he was.

"Okay, okay, I was thinking about how great my life is now that I've moved here."

Away from my mum, you want to say.

As if he was reading your mind, he sits down on your bed and says, "What's the big deal between you and your mum anyway?"

You sigh again.

​"I'm sorry, it's none of my business," he says quickly.

"No, I want to tell you. Well, mum and I, we don't get along very well, to put it simply. We have a love-hate relationship, except that the hate part is really strong.

"She blames me for dad leaving. She says it's all my fault. Sometimes she just goes out drinking and doesn't come back for ages, and other times you would hardly know that she was like that.

"She seemed eager to get away from me, but about two weeks ago, when I was still in the flat over there, she called me, acting all upset and offended because I didn't call her every night.

"I haven't spoken to her since. She just needs to realise that I'm not a child any more. I don't need her."

Dan stares at you, shocked. His warm brown eyes search your face.

"I had no idea... you hid it so well. You always seem really happy."

You shrug. "I guess I've just learnt to live with it."

You both sit there in an awkward silence.

"Um, I know it's probably a bad time for this, but, about last night..." Dan says.

"Yeah?" you say, your heart thumping.

"Were you okay with it?" he asks, avoiding your eyes for a second. He looks up at you from under his fringe.

"Yeah," you reply, feeling your cheeks heat up.

"That's good," he says, sounding genuinely relieved. Then he stands up and walks out of your room.

You sit there, flustered. You thought that he was going to kiss you. You must watch too many romantic movies.

He's so unpredictable. You didn't even ask if he wanted to kiss you last night. You nearly facepalm yourself.

Now he knows that you wanted to kiss him last night, but you don't know what he thinks at all.

Dan's POV:

"Phil!" I call out, searching the rooms for him. He's in the kitchen.

"Yeah?" he replies, buttering some toast. He looks up and studies my face. I can't hide the excitement. I jump up and down and flail my arms like a little kid. He tilts his head at me, puzzled.

"Let's go into your room. I'll explain it there," I say quickly.

He brings his toast, which is only half covered in butter. I shut the door behind him.

"What's up?" he asks, biting off a chunk of toast.

Phil already knew that I had tried to kiss Y/n last night. He guessed it.

"Well, I asked Y/n if she was okay about me trying to kiss her. She said yes! She even blushed!"

Phil smiles at me, then frowns when I don't carry on. "And...?" he says, making movements with his hand.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused.

"I mean, did you kiss her in her room just now?"

I lower my eyes. "Uhh... no. Was I supposed to?"

Phil facepalms. "Yes! Oh my word, you don't watch enough romantic movies."

I blush furiously. "Great! What am I supposed to do now?"

Phil sighs, but smiles at me. "Okay, here's what you're going to do..."

A/N: Cliffffhanger!!!!! >:) Harharhar

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 927 22
This is (obviously) a Dan Howell, or danisnotonfire fanfiction. This was completed as of January 4, 2015 :) please vote and comment thank you for rea...
22.9K 687 11
First-Person POV: After graduating from college you decided to move to London for a year, but what you didn't expect was to find your future in your...
57.1K 1.9K 49
Dan cross reader fanfic . You meet Dan on a job interview in London. It all goes up from there. COMPLETED
355K 10.1K 50
daniel howell x reader - So much of this fucking story is a mess, I apologize. It was my first fic, written when I was TWELVE, and it's so cringe wor...