Innocence ✼ George Weasley

By ProudToBeSarcastic

Gwen Bennett Song didn't surround herself with many people. She didn't go out of her way to make new friends... More

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapte Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One
Chapter Seventy Two
Chapter Seventy Three

Chapter Forty Five

320 11 21
By ProudToBeSarcastic

If there was one thing Gwen appreciated about cold weather it was that one could walk around the streets of Hogsmeade with a hood obscuring their face without ever seeming suspicious or fishy. She just looked like she was cold. And so, no one paid attention to her.

No one paid attention to her as she moved through the crowds of Hogwarts students, the streets of the small town which were now packed more so than usual as the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students joined in on the first Hogsmeade trip of the school year.

And most importantly, no one paid attention to the odd sight of her dipping into a store that she'd never before gone into. She had thirty minutes before she was supposed to meet Cedric and Aurora at The Three Broomsticks. She used the time the two eagerly suggested going to the local quidditch supplies shop to snag some time in the village on her own. Just what she needed.

And thanks to some research, she also knew what she needed for this particular store. Meaning she wouldn't have to hang around it for too long. With determined steps, she moved over to one specific section of the store, eyes starting to scan the shelves. "Exploding quills, exploding candy, fireworks, no, no, no, no... Hah!" She was happy to find exactly what she needed and, grabbing a single box, she was quick to make her way to the register.

She had to wait a few minutes as the line moved along, students in front of her buying all kinds of products and candies before it was finally her turn. Placing the box in front of the store owner, Gwen fished through her pockets for the correct amount of money as the numbers displayed in front of her.

And just as she extended her hand to pay, someone suddenly placed a large number of items and products right next to the small bag in which her own purchase was packed away. "Not cutting the line, just leaving these here while we pick up a few more things." She heard the familiar voice speak up right next to her, catching a flash of ginger hair from the corner of her eye.

And she was quite relieved as it disappeared soon after. Thinking she was free and clear; Gwen said a final thanks to the man in front of her before grabbing her bag and turning around. She walked along, ready to make her way out of the store. However, the thing with hiding your own face was that it made visibility slightly limited. So, it came as quite the surprise to Gwen when she spotted a pair of shoes standing right in her path, too late to stop herself from walking right into the person blocking her path.

"Well, well, well... Of all the places to meet, this wasn't one I was expecting, Song." Knowing she was caught, Gwen was left with no choice but to look up at the Weasley smiling down at her. "Now, what might you be doing in a shop like Zonko's?"

"I was buying sugar quills. I ran out." She said simply. And perhaps, on any other occasion, he would have believed it. But not this time.

"Really? Because Oli mentioned you asked him to buy some when we come here?" George continued the interrogation, looking down at her with a highly inquisitive look in his eyes. "They're right over there." He added, pointing back to the pile he'd stashed with Zonko for safekeeping.

"Why are they with your things and not Oli's?" Gwen asked curiously, trying to switch the topic or change it in one way or another.

"Because I was the first to remember to take them." George simply shrugged his shoulders. He didn't feel the need to be extremely specific and reveal that they were actually the first thing he picked up, knowing Oli would probably forget as he and Fred got too busy with exploring the varieties of itching powder on offer. "But that's not important right now."

"Oh, would you look at the time! I'm supposed to meet someone in a few minutes." Gwen announced, looking down at her wrist before quickly lowering her arm again once she remembered she didn't put on her watch that morning. "I'll see you later, George." She said, side stepping him and rushing for the door before he had a chance to stop her or guess what she was doing.

"That bag is too small for sugar quills!"

Gwen had successfully escaped the inquisition of George Weasley as well as made it to the Three Broomsticks in time to meet the two friends who'd already been waiting for her there. "Get what you needed?" Cedric asked her as she finally joined them at the table they'd managed to grab as soon as someone had abandoned it.

"No, sadly. They didn't have the book I was looking for." Gwen said with a shrug of her shoulders before letting her eyes look around. "It's quite crowded today." She commented, switching topics as her two friends looked through the crowd themselves.

"Hogwarts students praise this place, our guests hear, get curious, and voila. You have this." Aurora said the simple conclusions as they all had quite the easy time spotting the high number of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students mingling together among those from their own school.

"We can leave if it makes you uncomfortable. But it looks like no one's paying attention." Cedric quickly added on, making Gwen turn back to him with a small smile.

"Don't worry about it, I don't mind." She said simply, taking off her jacket before she started to rise from her seat again. "I'm gonna go get myself a Butterbeer." She announced, Aurora promising to keep her seat safe as Gwen walked away and towards the bar which was quite crowded as well.

She pushed her way through the crowd, making somewhat slow work of it before she finally ended up leaning against the wooden counters and trying to get the attention of any one of the wait staff standing on the other side. However, with a multitude of orders coming their way from all directions, Gwen's own voice got lost in the jumble.

"Rosie!" A voice calling out right next to her had Gwen jumping in surprise for a moment. And then in the next second she realized she'd celebrated her escape from George a bit too soon. Because as she looked to her left, she could see him now standing beside her, smiling over at the owner of the establishment as she made her way over to the two of them. "Could I ask you so very nicely for four Butterbeers?"

"Will something blow up in my place if I let you stay and have them?" Madame Rosmerta asked with a raised eyebrow, clearly referring to whatever trouble George and his friend's may have stirred up in the past during one of their visits.

"Of course not. We'll be perfect angels." George reassured her with a sweet smile on his face that did nothing to remove the suspicion from the woman's expression.

"You three are never angels." Rosmerta said in a knowing tone. "That'll be eight Sickles."

Gwen reached into her pockets again, about to pull out her own amount. But she was much too slow, and by the time she was ready to hand it to the woman, she'd noticed her already walking away, eight Sickles in hand. "You don't have to do that." Gwen turned to George, extending her hand towards him instead, ready to pay him back.

"I don't mind." He shrugged his shoulders, pretending as if he didn't see her offering up the money. Or the pointed look in her eyes. At least until it became too persistent to ignore. "How about this? You'll buy my next one." He suggested, making the brunette give out a small sigh before she finally relented.

Sticking the coins back in her pocket and zipping it up, Gwen let her eyes turn back to the table which she'd previously occupied, watching as Fred and Oliver pushed their way, trying to accommodate to the space and stick all of their Zonko's bags somewhere where they wouldn't prevent anyone else from sitting down. "So, am I walking into an interrogation back there?" She asked curiously, eyes turning to the Weasley standing in front of her.

"Not at all. I kept your secret." George revealed, making Gwen send him a curious look. Clearly, she couldn't help but wonder why. The trio had tried to drag her to Zonko's on so many occasions before, she couldn't imagine George simply staying quiet about catching her in there. "Now you know I'm trustworthy. So, you can tell me what it is that you're really up to."

"I would, George," Gwen's voice took on an innocent note as she spoke. "But really, there's nothing to tell. It was just quills because I forgot I already told Oli."

"And where are these sugar quills now?" George asked, the smile on his face making it clear he didn't believe a word coming out of her mouth. He was amused by it all, and with each new question, his smile seemed to only grow.

So, Gwen returned it, quickly reminding herself not to reach for the other pocket in which the box she'd bought was safely stored. "I ran into one of my dormmates when she was headed back to the castle. I just had her take it." Gwen said simply, George letting out a small laugh at that.

"Alright, alright. If that's what you're going with." He finally nodded his head, relenting for the time being. However, he still leaned down towards her to quietly whisper. "But I will find out." The words made Gwen let out a small laugh as he started to pull away, but before he could do so fully, he looked at her again, as if trying to decipher some kind of puzzle. And whatever it was that she could see in his eyes made it harder for Gwen herself to look away.

At least until Madame Rosmerta's voice reached their ears again. "Oy! Pay attention you two!" The sharp instruction had George and Gwen jumping apart in surprise, eyes turning back to the woman who'd already set their drinks on the counter in front of them who knows how long ago. "Take 'em and stop hogging my bar."

With a few thanks and apologies, the two quickly did as they were told, each of them taking two of the large cups filled to the brim before they started to make their way back to the table. George walked in front, making sure to clear a path until they finally made it to the table where they found Rory curiously trying to get a peek into the Gryffindor's shopping bags while Cedric had covered his eyes to pretend he wasn't seeing any of it.

"Here you go." Gwen announced their return as she slid into a seat next to her brother, Cedric on his other side while the twins crowded around Rory. She slid over one of the cups from her grasp, Oliver grabbing it greedily as soon as it was in front of him.

"Come to me, beautiful pink deliciousness." His comments earned him laughs from everyone around the table, and a few odd looks too.

"Do you... I mean... When people correct you, about the colours? Do you mind that?" Cedric asked curiously, because aside from Oliver, nobody else saw Butterbeer in its pink glory.

"Oh, don't worry, I know it's orange, I just don't care." Oliver reassured him as he took a few more sips of the drink. "But pointing out is useful. It's how I know that your sweater is green, even though it doesn't look green to me."

"And, you know, for example, when a potion ingredient is colour specific, if you're not sure what colour it is to him, it's best you do it yourself." Gwen added on in a somewhat teasing voice making Oliver burst out laughing as he remembered the particular explosion she was referring to that came as a consequence.

"Hmmm... Now that's got me thinking." George muttered, more to himself than anyone else. And the words made anyone who wasn't a Gryffindor at their table share panicked looks between themselves.

"So, did you ask her?" Luckily, Oliver's next question had George putting aside whatever new idea was swimming in his mind so he could answer the question.

"Not yet, we talked about... something else." George announced, sharing a small smile with Gwen who simply shook her head at his teasing. But, surprisingly enough, she wasn't worried that he might slip up or tell them her secret.

"Ask me what?" She looked at the trio curiously. "Is it another options question again?"

"Nope." Fred announced happily. "Charlie's come home for a visit. We're busy tonight with... Stuff." He started to explain, no one at the table daring to ask what this 'stuff' was.

"But we're meeting him tomorrow night. Thought you might want to come." George finished his brother's words. "And you," He continued on, turning to Cedric who gave him an odd look because he certainly wasn't expecting to be invited. "Well, she's going to tell you anyways. So, you can come too."

"I can?"

"He can?"

While Cedric and Aurora questioned the invitation in surprise, Gwen's mind quickly turned to suspicion. "What are you three up to?" She looked between the boys with a questioning look.

"Nothing!" They all announced in unison.

"We solemnly swear we're up to good... this time." Oliver reassured, the specific phrase making the Weasley's laugh while Gwen shook her head in amusement.

"I will hex you if you're lying." She warned, watching for their reactions, but the smiles remained on their faces. "But if you're not, thank you for the invitation."

"You're welcome." Once again, three voices spoke together and the sound of it made Gwen and Cedric share dubious looks between themselves. But a part of Gwen had to admit, she was awfully curious now...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 4K 47
Ad Infinitium = again and again in the same way; forever. Y/N Carter keeps to herself, or at least she did. Moving into her second year at Hogwarts...
94K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...
114K 4K 41
❝You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?❞ ❝You should know the answer to that by now, Harry.❞ ⁂ Life has always been a bit disorganized f...
399K 12K 64
Daisy Willow Black has had somewhat of a normal life. By all means, growing up with Remus Lupin and the Weasley family. Plus she finally has her fath...