Chapter Fifty Five

"S'il te plaît, va te faire foutre

"S'il te plaît, va te faire foutre." Olivia repeated the words Gwen had instructed her to say. It came as quite the relief when she found out that her friend knew some French thanks to her aunt, and Liv was in desperate need to be able to communicate in the language.

"Exactly." Gwen said with a proud nod. She was doing quite well in keeping her laughter in. As were Aurora and Hermione up until that point. Up until the point the laughter burst from Aurora's mouth, the suddenness of it all making the Ravenclaw fall off the bed she'd been hanging off of upside down already.

"What? What's so funny? Am I butchering it?" Olivia asked nervously, her curious glance around the girls gathered in Gwen's dorm room. The frown on her face only deepened as Hope gave her a comforting pat on the shoulder. So far, she was the only one not laughing, but perhaps that was because she was just as terrible at French as Olivia.

"No, you said it perfectly." Hermione reassured her friend before a few more giggles escaped her.

"Perfectly if what you intend to tell him is to fuck off." Aurora finally revealed the truth of what they'd been teaching the younger Hufflepuff whose eyes now widened as she looked at Gwen. "Hey, at least there's a please in there too."

"I was asking for a nice way to decline his invitation to the Ball!" Olivia exclaimed in her best scolding tone.

"Liv, if the boy can't take the hint the first two times you told him no in English, then it's time to employ drastic measures." Gwen said with a simple shrug of her shoulders. Perhaps Liv was right, and they truly were having a language barrier issue, but Gwen suspected her own theory to be closer to the truth. The Beauxbatons boy needed to be taught some manners.

"You're starting to sound too much like your brother and the twins." Liv pointed out, making many of the girls around them burst out laughing once again.

"Speaking of my brother, how's the bet going?" Gwen asked curiously, by now she'd lost count of how many boys had asked Olivia to the Yule Ball. But she knew that neither the girl herself, nor her brother would forget.

"I'm at seven." Olivia grumbled out.

"Only three away, and Oliver wins." Hope teased her friend with a small laugh. "And out of seven, she's turned down seven by the way." She quickly added.

"Seriously?" Gwen asked in surprise, eyes suspiciously shifting between Hermione and Olivia who both used the same excuse every time someone asked them about their dates to the Ball. Both claimed to already have one, but refused to say who it is. "Okay, are you two each other's dates? Because if so, you know none of us would judge, right?"

"What?"

"No!"

Both girls quickly denied the question, sharing a look between themselves as they burst out laughing. That was a theory they had yet to hear when it came to their secrecy. Although, Hermione had to admit, it was her favourite thus far.