Chapter Forty One

While Gwen had no intention of cheering Cedric on during his unnecessary quidditch practice that he'd organized for the Hufflepuff team earlier that morning, she did promise she would support him when the time came for him to put his name into the...

While Gwen had no intention of cheering Cedric on during his unnecessary quidditch practice that he'd organized for the Hufflepuff team earlier that morning, she did promise she would support him when the time came for him to put his name into the Goblet of Fire. Although, her support thus far had been mostly asking whether he was sure and if he was ready and what if something went wrong.

Nonetheless, even if it annoyed him (although he hadn't yet made it known) he still wanted her there for that moment. And that was why Gwen now found herself sitting on one of the benches that had been set up around the entrance hall. They were on both sides, making up a small viewing area of sorts with the Goblet of Fire placed in the middle of them. Along with the age line which surrounded it.

"Is he here yet? Has he done it already? Oh, please tell me I'm not late?" Olivia's voice sounded off next to Gwen as the younger Hufflepuff flopped down into the seat beside her. Eyes turning to her, Gwen closed the book she'd been using to tune out her surroundings while she waited.

"No, you're not late. Should be any moment now, though." Gwen reassured the red head with a small smile, eyes turning to the main door as she watched more and more people make their way inside. Some came to drop their own names into the Goblet while others curiously observed the champion candidates.

And even if she hadn't been looking at the door while they waited, both Gwen and Liv wouldn't have had a hard time at all becoming aware of the exact moment Cedric Diggory and his friends made their way into the entrance hall. Soaked to the bone by the rain, it didn't stop the whole of the Hufflepuff quidditch team from loudly cheering on their captain as Cedric began to make his way towards the circle surrounding the Goblet of Fire.

"Oh, imagine if he gets chosen? A Hufflepuff, of all houses, representing Hogwarts. Wouldn't it be amazing?" Liv spoke in an excited whisper as they watched Cedric throw the parchment with his name into the blue flames which quickly swallowed it up.

With the act done, the Diggory let his eyes scan around the cheering Hogwarts students, seeming to search for something specific until he finally spotted his two friends sitting on the side-lines. As their eyes met, Gwen made sure to clap a little bit harder, smiling his way while Olivia went as far as to let out a few vocal cheers. In response, Cedric theatrically bowed to the two, making them laugh in amusement as they watched his teammates proceed to drag him away, congratulations swimming all around them as if he'd already been chosen. It was hard to find a student among those loyal to Hogwarts who didn't want Cedric to be their champion.

"Well, now that that's done, I'm going to-" Gwen started to say, turning to Liv as she was ready to announce she'd be going back to the common room. However, before she even had a chance to finish, the sound of loud cheering and whooping caught everyone's attention once again. And as her eyes turned to the entrance again, the Song girl couldn't help but let out a small sigh. "Oh no."

"Well, we've done it lads."

"Cooked it up just this morning."

While Fred and George went around the crowd, accepting high fives and praises for their rebellion as they showed off the vials of potion in their hands, Gwen let her pointed eyes look to her brother who hung back with an amused smile on his face. Noticing her stare, Oliver quickly rose his hands into the air, showing that they were empty and silently letting her know he had no intention of participating in this foolishness, as she'd call it.