Chapter Sixty Two

Gwen lightly hummed to herself, making sure not to be too loud in the quiet aisles of her father's library as she worked on shelving some of the books from the trolley she'd been pushing around

Gwen lightly hummed to herself, making sure not to be too loud in the quiet aisles of her father's library as she worked on shelving some of the books from the trolley she'd been pushing around. Every once in a while, she always helped her father out, especially during the holidays.

But this winter, and the summer before it, she'd spent more days here than any before as her father taught her everything there was to the job of running Britain's most esteemed magical library in the centre of Diagon Alley. After all, the plan was for her to one day run it once her father retired and passed it on to her hands.

Plucking another book from the trolley, she looked down at its title and groaned she'd missed it in her initial organisation of the pile. And she'd done it so perfectly to ensure she didn't have to keep running around in circles to place the returned books on the right shelves. With a small sigh, she dragged the trolley along as she moved backwards to the correct shelves.

Shifting through the other books still left to put away, she glanced at each title, wanting to be sure she hadn't missed something else. For that reason, she didn't pay any attention to the two people already standing in the aisle between shelves. At least until one of them spoke. "Bonjour, Gwen."

The sound of Fleur's familiar voice speaking up behind her had Gwen jumping in surprise as she turned around to look at not one champion, but two, Viktor standing not far from the blonde's side as he sent Gwen a small nod of greeting himself.

"Oh, hello." She greeted politely. "What are you two doing here?" She asked, eyes instinctively glancing to the books in their hands before she realized why she shouldn't and quickly covered her eyes with both hands. "Sorry, sorry, I'm not looking, I promise."

She could hear Fleur let out a small laugh at her actions, but still didn't remove the hands from her eyes. She didn't want either champion to think she was spying or cheating on behalf of either Cedric or Harry. Not if it could compromise them in the Tournament in any way should Fleur or Viktor mention anything to the judges.

"Do you work here?" Viktor's voice sounded in front of her, Gwen thinking he might've stepped closer based on its proximity. But she didn't look to check if she was right.

"Technically. My father owns the library, so I help out sometimes." She shared with ease, unsure of what their reaction might've been as the statement was met with a short silence. For a moment she wondered whether they'd used the time it took her to answer to run away.

What she couldn't see was the two champions still standing in front of her as they eyed Gwen, as well as each other, seeming to debate something together and apart. Until Fleur finally spoke again as both seemed to reach a silent decision. "Then maybe you can help us, s'il vous plaît?"

"Help you?" This time Gwen couldn't resist taking a peek as she parted her fingers and opened one eye, looking at the amused expressions of the duo in front of her. "I can get you someone to answer whatever questions you have. I'm sure Mellie's somewhere-"