The Marionetteʼs Puppeteer (V...

By Iamren28

I don't know if I died or not, but the moment I regained my consciousness, I was already standing on a field... More

Author's Words
Prologue
Chapter 1: A new world
Chapter 2: Slimes! I hate them!
Chapter 3: Conclusion: I'm not inside a dream.
Chapter 4: I leveled up fast!
Chapter 5: I got kidnapped right after I got freed from the forest
Chapter 6: A battle with the two barbarians
Chapter 7: I obtained an Ultimate Skill: Chamuel
Chapter 8: In the small village
Chapter 9: Monster Subjugation
Chapter 10: Evolution and Transformation
Chapter 11: Marionettist
Chapter 12: Carzle, the summoner
Chapter 13: Gemini, the twins of the zodiac
Chapter 14: Capital City, I'm coming!
Chapter 15: Got Arrested
Chapter 16: Marry, the joker
Chapter 17: Mission: Onslaught
Chapter 18: Mission: Onslaught Part 2
Chapter 19: A surprise lurking in the shadows
Chapter 20: Three Bandits vs Marry and Mareine: The rise of the king of diamond
Chapter 21: The Joker's mind inside the battlefield and Alcred's doubt
Chapter 23: A small village where the mission starts + Author's Note
Chapter 24: The Joker's Twist: What? This Puppet Can Talk?!!
Chapter 25: Inside the 'World of Puppets'
Chapter 26: A new guest
Chapter 27: Requiem of Peace
Chapter 28: We meet again, but this time, we're in hell.
Chapter 29: Mission: Kill The Witch 1
Chapter 30: Mission: Kill The Witch Part 2
Chapter 31: Mission: Kill the witch or escape
Chapter 32: Coup de Grace
Chapter 33: In a doll puppet body
Chapter 34: The Battle Between The Witch And The Puppeteer Continues
Chapter 35: PseudoChristos
Chapter 36: A termite and a cockroach
Chapter 37: Demon Lords and the full form of Angel of Peace, (Chamuel)
Chapter 38: The Saintess Have Spotted The Termite
Chapter 39: The Saintess' Pursuit on Killing me.
Chapter 40: The Joker's Help
Chapter 41: The Twist Was Too Much....
Chapter 42: The right judgement
Chapter 43: The right punishment
Epilogue + Volume 2 New Cover
Volume 2

Chapter 22: A Destruction

367 19 2
By Iamren28

My body hurts so much. I deactivated the ultimate skill of the zodiac twins when everything was finished.

We won the fight, but if someone saw us, it looks like a crime scene here.

“Puppet Slime, come out.”

From the magic circle, my huge slime rose up and I commanded it to swallow and digest all the dead bodies in the area.

A body that has been sliced many times, and a girl who got continuously beaten up by an axe by a.... Summon?

King of Diamonds— I recognized it quickly because a king in a diamond poker card has an axe drawing beside him. In spades, I think a sword?

The king was just there looking scary doing his butcher business.

“Marry! Stop your summon....huh?”

When I looked at Marry, she was on the ground.

Did she faint?’

I immediately tend to her and put both my hands above her.

Peace Alleviation!”

I removed all the bad effects on her but she still didn't open her eyes.

‘Bad. It's because I don't have a healing skill.’

I just let Marry sleep for a while to recover until she opens her eyes.

Meanwhile, my Barrier Shield came back so my Aura didn't leak anymore.

The only problem was how to stop the king of diamonds that Marry summoned.

Should I just drag that king back to the card?

I walked nearer to that scene and as I walked, some blood got splattered on my barrier shield. It was caused by the king who couldn't let go of his axe.

“Stop.”

I said, but it didn't listen to me. No, it was like I was not here in the first place 

‘Where did Marry got this skill? She's scary. Is this the thing she said her trump card?’

If this keeps up, the body of the girl might end up like a mince and grounded meat.

The mega slime already finished the job I gave and this puppet was waiting for me for another command.

“Go back now.” I said then, “World of Puppets.”

I shifted my face back to the gore scene.

‘I think I need to put this king back on the card.’

“String Struggle!”

String starts to appear out of nowhere and it strangles the whole body of a king making him unable to move.

“Puppet Bind.”

Another string came out and it was attached to the card where the king came from towards the king. The string keeps pulling each of them until, just a bit....!

Azazel!”

From my ultimate skill, a wand scepter appeared on my hand and I pointed the scepter to the king who got blinded by my strings.

“Ultra fireball—!!”

The fireball launched towards the king and then, it was successful. The king returned to the card.

The huge card was on fire and later on, it disappeared. Now, I was left with the minced body of a girl.

“Hell fl—

No. I was about to burn the area where the sliced up body was in there with tons of blood, but burning them, it will make a bad smell.

The scepter disappeared on my hand as I showed my palm to the bloody scene.

“World of Puppet.”— All the blood, organs, bones, and some body parts, all were absorbed by my hands.

Then, my legs fell. I felt very tired and exhausted so just like what Marry was doing, I laid my body on the grass as I looked at the dark morning sky.

“I’ll just rest for a bit.....”

◇◆◇

────────────────

“Yes... That's what happened here.” Alfred, through telepathy, communicated with his brother at the guild.

«Are you sure it is nothing natural? What if it was just some natural occurrence?» Alcred doubted.

Alfred reported to him that the grass burned and some trees also fell and had their leaves burned in color brown. So, Alcred, who received the report, thought it was just some weather phenomenon.

“Go outside the hall and look for some trees. If it is just some nature's problem, then that plant in that area also has the same effect in this place.” Alfred replied to him. But he was right. Only the area within 8 kilometers have the burn effect and a faint demonic aura.

Alcred then replied to him via telepathy.

«Do your investigation further. Report all things to me especially when you saw a small village.»

Understood. Then I shall cut off the connection.”

◇◆◇

────────────────

“....-san, Mareine-san, please wake up....”

Did I feel asleep? My vision has been very blurry since I just opened my eyes but thanks to my eyes, the floating information said that it was Marry.

“....What's up.. Marry?”

“I th-thought you d-died..”

“Huh? Why would I be...?”

“N-no... It was just my s-skillJoker’s bluffthat told me you're dead...” She explained to me, very worried.

“Isn’t that obvious? It's a bluff anyways. ”

“W-well.... I didn't kill that girl right...? ”

That girl? Does she mean the girl that got sliced up to many pieces by her King of Diamonds?

“You killed her.”

“N-no... I didn't r-right..?”

“You did. I still have her body inside me. If you like I can show it to you. World of P—

“S-stop please.”

Is Marry scared of killing someone? Although that girl, was her name Sebris? I have her body inside my skill ‘World of Puppet’ from Lucifer and I also obtained her soul like her other subordinate.

Her body, the same as her subordinate Haruke, was sliced and cannot be joined together, so I made them my puppets. I can summon them anytime.

Through ‘Create Puppet’, I made a puppet from their dead body remains and let their souls live inside of it.

They might look like a human but they're a puppet with strings. 

Currently, they're all living inside the ‘World of Puppets’ including that guy named Staz.

That being the case, Staz, whom I didn't kill and has his body parts still intact to each other, he was inside my skill.

World of Puppets is like another dimension, place or a world. Unlike Marry’s trickster's pocket, my World of Puppets can store living creatures.

Basically this world is just for my Puppets. Although I can go into this world since I owned it, only those people who are in control of me or puppets made by me have the qualification to enter.

I dominated Staz’s soul so he managed to enter.

And that's it.

Marry slumped on the ground like I was doing. 

“W-what about the m-mission Mareine-san? W-we can't do it anymore right? We are now..... Criminals...”

“You wanna be a criminal?”

“I DON'T!!” She replied immediately.

“What we did was just an act of self defense. And besides, no one saw us.”

“M-Mareine-san..... Please don't tell them that's why..... TWO PAIR!”

Marry used a skill to me in between her talk. It was a skill that would let her know when the secret was spoken from my mouth. Although I can just dispel it, seeing her really nervous, If I did that, she would really cry. The skill is no harm anyway.

A link was formed between me And Marry through her skill.

“Relax. I also don't wanna get arrested. So let's keep these secrets just between us. Okay?”

“Y-Yes Mareine-san....”

She was about to do a pinky swear at me but I furrowed my eyebrows so she didn't continue it. She must've thought ‘I’m being childish... ’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 106 19
I am not what anyone would describe as a "good person". I can't say I have ever been accused of being anything close but, personally, I don't find th...
118K 7.4K 45
#1 in Reverse Harem and #2 in Harem on 08/28/2021 #4 in Harem on 9/30/21 #17 in Romance out of 1.91 million stories on 1/16/22 #4 Paranormal 12/11/22...
2.7K 133 19
To think of being a modern witch and living in a modern world where magic is part of everyday life would be enough? Nope, apparently not for me. Beca...
104K 1.4K 7
Awakening to find myself in a world teeming with magic, dragons, and fantastical wonders was like stepping into the pages of a novel - quite literall...