A Different World

By 277fragkiller

Peter is sent to an alternate world. One thats unlike any he's seen before. Will he find a way back home or w... More

A New World Awaits
The 'Sinister' Six?
It Cant Be
What's going on?
A different Peter
Can you help me?
My Family
Tell me about yourselves
Touring the base
Old enemies / New friends
Relationships?
Harem List
Reconnecting with an old friend
Searching for Spider-Man
Patrolling with TaskMaster
Crazy Ex's
Clean up
Getting help
Discussion
Project Ultron
In the Lab
Return of the Queen
Completing Ultron
Spider-Man is missing?
Meeting about the Web
The clam before the storm
The Web
The Storm
Updating Security
The Storm Rages On
Making Amends
The Ex's
Resolution
The Battle Resumes
Family Reunion?

Back at 616

3.7K 98 8
By 277fragkiller

Meanwhile back in Universe 616

Doctor Strange had left the Sanctum Sanctorum and was on his way towards the Avengers tower. Spider-Man had just got sucked into a portal he made and had no way to find him.

The portal was meant to be connected to a pocket dimension where the tablet would cause no harm, but Spider-Man was sucked into it as well and the spell went awry. He needed to inform the heroes and try to figure out a way to return him safely.

Across New York City

Julia Carpenter, or the current Madame Web, was suddenly struck with a blasting pain in her head. It was like if a migraine and a hangover fused to make the worlds worst headache. She was knocked to her knees and barely remained conscious through the pain but she wondered what could have caused such a pain.

Suddenly her connection to the web became hazy, like something was missing. Fighting through the pain she managed to see the great web of life and was shocked to see its centre,
Peter Parker, was missing.

Everyone else was still present and accounted for, Anya, Jessica, Cindy, Gwen and Miles were still within the web, but Peter had vanished. There was no trace of his existence.

Dread fell across her as thoughts of events unfolding that may cause his disappearance and a very troubling thought occurred.

'Are... are the inheritors back? Have they taken Peter? This is bad, if he dies the web will unravel and we will all perish. I must summon the order of the web and bring them up to speed and keep them safe.' She thought to herself before disappearing.

One last thought ran through her mind as she left. 'I'm sorry Cassandra. I'm sorry Peter. I let you down.'

At The Avengers Tower

The Avengers were sitting on the main room of the tower. Iron-man or Tony Stark was behind the bar serving himself drinks. Clint Barton or Hawkeye was sitting down tinkering with some of his arrows.

Captain America or Steve Rogers was wearing his full uniform, it was rare to see him without it as he was always ready for comber.

Natasha Romanoff or the famed Black Widow was sat with Bruce Banner or the Incredible Hulk, chatting quietly with each other as they had nothing better to do. Bruce wasn't in the lab as he was taking a break and Nat was bored with training, she never tired of bettering herself but without an actual opponent to challenge her it merely kept her skills sharp.

Thor was not present on the tower as he was in Asgard, other members like Jessica Drew or Spider-Woman, Captain Marvel or Carol Danvers, She-Hulk or Jennifer Walters were not in the tower.

Everyone was aloof as they had not had any missions to attend to that involved HYDRA, AIM or any global or intergalactic threat. Which was why it was surprising to see the sorcerer supreme, Doctor Strange, appear in front of them in a panic.

"I need your assistance. Immediately!" Shouted Strange, his normal composure being lost.

"Woo, Strange calm down. What's the problem?" Tony said without a care in the world.

"It's Spider-Man. He's in trouble." Strange said worriedly.

"So. That web head is always in trouble. What happened this time, he get his pants caught in tree or something?" Hawkeye said sarcastically.

"No you imbecile, he's gone. He was pulled into a portal and I cannot locate him." Strange retorted.

"And... what do you expect us to do? We don't exactly know how to use magic and create magic portals." Tony said snarky.

"Don't you have machines and technology to locate him, along with Reed Richards don't you think you could build a device to locate him?" Strange questioned him.

"I mean... kinda. I haven't actually built something like that. And besides why should I help find him, he's nothing but an annoying kid." Tony answered receiving a nod from Hawkeye.

Strange couldn't believe what he was hearing, a fellow hero was in trouble and they were willing to do nothing to help in his rescue.

"Yea. Let the bug be, better for us if he's gone. One less headache to deal with." Barton commented.

Bruce and Captain were in shock of the news while Natasha had similar thoughts of Spider-Man's importance. Yea it's sucked that he got caught up in whatever but was he really all that important when he dealt with petty criminals on the streets.

As she finished her thoughts she was suddenly stricken with a headache, something inside her disagreed with her previous thoughts but she did not know what.

"I'm sorry Strange but I don't see how we can be of any help. Magic isn't something we are accustomed to. Perhaps Thor would be of help but he isn't on Earth and we have no way of reaching him." Captain America said sadly.

Strange understood what the Captain was saying and he seemed sincere with his words and worry for the young hero, but he could still not believe that the others remained so calm and uninvolved in helping.

"I understand Captain Rogers. If by any chance Thor dose return to Earth please send him to me. I will try to find a way myself for now." Strange said before leaving.

With Julia Carpenter

Julia had sent out a telepathic message to the other spider heroes to meet with her immediately.

She awaited the arrival of Anya, Miles and Gwen. Jessica and Cindy were already present as they were not busy and close by.

"What gives Julia? Why are we here? And what are we waiting for?" Asked an irritated Jessica.

"We are waiting for the others to get here.
Once they arrive, all will be revealed." She said, a bit more cryptically than she hoped.

Releasing a frustrated sigh Jessica leaned against the wall with her arms crossed and waited for the others to arrive.

Cindy was patient, something that she had come to learn after being held in a bunker for ten years until she was released by Peter. She too was curious as to what was going on but she refrained from asking.

On cue all three of the younger spider heroes arrived seeing the rest of the order already there and waiting.

"Ok. We're all here, so talk Julia." Jessica said angrily.

'The one time I'm not needed at the tower and can spend some time with my son and Julia decides to bring us all together for who knows what.' Jessica thought.

"Spider-Man is missing." Julia said straight to the point eliciting shocked responses from the others, even though some had masks which prevented their faces being seen.

"What do you mean he's missing? Can't you see him in the web?" Cindy asked in a panic.

"No. I cannot. For some reason his connection here is weak, and when I search the web for him I cannot find him." Julia answered calmly.

"So... what dose that mean?" Asked a confused Anya.

"It means he is no longer in this dimension. I believe he has been transported to a different universe." She replied.

"A different universe. How is that possible. He couldn't do that before." Gwen asked.

"I think... he may have been taken." She said sorrowfully.

"Taken? By who?" Cindy asked worriedly.

"My best guess... would be the inheritors." She said dreadfully.

Everyone was stood still in shock and fear. They had fought the inheritors before and it was a hard and bloody battle of which they didn't come out unscathed and without loss, several different spider people in the multiverse were killed by the inheritors.

"How could you not see this coming?" Shouted Cindy, getting into Julia's face as she did so.

Julia took a few steps back before responding. "I... I don't know how I missed this. But we must find him. If he dies..." she said before stopping briefly.

"Yea. We all die." Cindy finished coldly.

"So what do we do?" Asked Miles.

"We must travel to the Master Weaver and find our Spider-Man in the vast expanse of the multiverse. We will use your dimensional bracelet to do so." She informed them, then pointing at Gwen.

At the X-Mansion

Jean Grey, a powerful mutant with telepathic abilities was minding her own business whilst walking through the mansion which housed many different mutants.

She passed many familiar faces like Logan, Beast, Storm, Logan's daughter Laura and many others before settling down with some of her friends.

Emma Frost another telepath who had the extra ability to change her form to diamonds, Rouge who had the ability to replicate another's mutant ability through touch however it came was an awful caveat in which it weakened the one she touch's and in some cases proving fatal.

Illyana Rasputin otherwise known as Magik is a mutant sorceress and the ruler to limbo, Kitty Pryde a mutant with the ability to phase through objects and become completely intangible.

The four of them sat together mostly in silence as Kitty and Rouge lightless chatted with each other when Jean joined them, receiving a slight glare from Emma and Illyana.

Before she had the chance to speak or sit down she suddenly collapsed to the ground holding her head in pain as someone or something was screaming at her inside her head.

Emma and the others rushed to her side to see what was wrong with her.

"Where is he? Where is my Anansi?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 55 37
In an Alternate Universe where Mr. Tony Stark survived the final battle with Thanos, he was tossing and turning one night as he feels like he should...
3.2K 107 40
After finally getting out of the system, Peter is thrown back into the life he loves so much. Except that lasts for a short amount of time and he is...
34.3K 1.4K 12
the superhero registration act, the cause of the civil war....Peter believed that he did the right thing when he joined Iron Man's side and unmasked...
158 4 7
Into the Spiderverse + fem!OC! Sage, the Spiderwoman of earth-602 ends up in a completely different world by a portal. while trying to get back home...