Sonic Splatoon

By metalgreymon2

Somesort of epirement goes wrong, and a new hedgehog like squid comes out of it. He meets Maya, an Inkling wi... More

Chapter 01 - Hedgehog Squid
Chapter 02 - What are they?
Chapter 03 - Alterna
Chapter 04 - Chaos Control
Chapter 05 - Zip, Splat, and Jump
Chapter 06 - The Eel Deal
Chapter 07 - Alterna's Origin
Chapter 08 - Pedal to the Megalodon
Chapter 09 - Time-Space Rift
Chapter 10 - The Hyper Manta Storm
Chapter 11 - Alterna Space Center
Chapter 12 - The Ursine Anomally
Chapter 13 - Calamari Inkantation 3MIX
Sonic Splatoon: Season 1 Second Half.
Chapter 14 - New Threat
Chapter 15 - Eggman Empire
Chapter 16 - The Gaia Gates
Chapter 17 - Guardian of Death
Chapter 18 - Spikes of Metal
Chapter 19 - Shadows from the Past
Chapter 21 - Zeti
Chapter 22 - The strongest Zeti
Chapter 23 - Catastrophe
Chapter 24 - Strike Back
Chapter 25 - The Controller
Chapter 26 - Fight for Our World
Sonic Splatoon Season 2 Trailer
Chapter 27 - The Seekers Emerge!
Chapter 28 - The Foundation Rises!
Chapter 29 - Cursed Arrows!
Chapter 30 - The Vampire Hunter!
Chapter 31 - Danger Waters!
Chapter 32 - The Legend of the Gargoyle!
Chapter 33 - The Sunken Civilization!
Chapter 34 - The Secrets of the Argonauts!
Chapter 35 - The Legends of Camelot!
Chapter 36 - The Knight of the Wind Reborn!
Chapter 37 - Wasteland Turf!
Chapter 38 - Acht's True Mission!
Chapter 39 - The Haunted Ruin!
Chapter 40 - Destiny of Nightmares!
Chapter 41 - Lurking in the Catacombs!
Chapter 42 - Stop the Big Wave!
Chapter 43 - Full Front Attack!
Chapter 44 - Castle of Secrets!

Chapter 20 - The Gold Sovereign

74 2 2
By metalgreymon2

Mephiles finally started to learn the truth. However, it was one truth that Sonic didn't want to remember. Mephiles the Dark, one enemy from a memory that vanished attemped to take over. Thanks to Sonic and Maya, Mephiles the Hedgehog left the past behind, and started fresh.

Chapter 20 - The Gold Sovereign

Mephiles the Hedgehog was now the one with the Squidbeak Splatoon. He joined his teammates, and they went to the third Kettle. They were sent to the Wave Ocean.

Sonic: Oh drats! The Wave Ocean!

Mephiles: What's wrong? Can't swim?

Maya: Uh, us Inklings drown in the water.

Mephiles: Huh? How is that possible? Aren't you squids?

Sonic: Well... when the Inklings showed up, they evolved in a similar way to humans. However, they can no longer go back in the water.

Clauds: Well, for as long as we have a respawn point, we'll be able to return. Thank god we have one on the Octo Canyon.

Mephiles: So... What about Sonic and I?

Sonic: We're only like them, because we absorbed the Ink that they use on splat battles.

Mephiles: Well... we better get going.

They moved on. However, it wasn't so easy. There was a lot of water there. However, for as long as they managed to follow the sand, they were fine.

Sonic We're doing okay, so far.

Maya: Yeah, but this thing is to big! I don't think we'll get the Zapfish anytime soon.

Marina: Can you all hear me?

Mephiles: Marina?

Crystal: We're listening!

Pearl: We got somethin' here!

Marina: There's one giant fortress flying above the Wave Ocean!

Everyone looked up. The Egg Carrier was flying above the Wave Ocean, trying to reach another location, and it wasn't alone. There were some Eggman Flying Batteries there to.

Maya: Sonic is that...

Sonic: No... atleast it's still not compleet... but it is part of it...

Clauds: The Eggman Fleet.

Suddenly, something fell out of the Egg Carrier. It landed on the water. From it, two more battleships emerged. These are old versions of the Egg Carrier.

Maya: Whoa, what are those?

Sonic: The first versions of the Egg Carrier!

??: Actually, my main battleship has another name.

Everyone looked left, and four Blaster Troopers descended down to the sands of the Wave Ocean, along with Eggman.

Dr. Eggman: The main Battleship of my Eggman Fleet is called Great Eggman Imperial. Much larger, and stronger than the original Grand Egg Imperial!

Sonic: Doctor!

Dr. Eggman: Welcome, Sonic, I think it's time we get aquanted with my new troops. Blaster Troopers, I will regroup with the Eggman Fleet. Enjoy your new toys.

Eggman left. The Blaster Troopers aimed, and started shooting at their oponents. They were able to dodge. Mephiles skated to them, followed by Sonic.

Sonic: We have to coordinate our attack to surround them!

Mephiles: Gotcha!

Mephiles shooted his Chaos Orbs. The robots moved to the sides. Sonic's Chaos Wind pushed the others against them. This allowed the inklings to aim at them, taking them out. They looked at the fleet that was leaving.

Sonic: Seems like Eggman has been moving faster than what we expected.

Maya: He has two Egg Carriers, two Egg Forts, those battery shaped battleships, and the Great Eggman Imperial!

Sonic: We have to move faster than him! We can't let him keep going!

They kept going through the Wave Ocean. After busting a few more Egg Stingers, they reached the Zapfish. They took it, and went back to the Octo Canyon. 

Marina: Dr. Eggman has more battleships than what we anticipated.

Sonic: He must have started to collect them when he woke up. Or right after Crystal took out Octavio. This is a report to big for me to let go. CYPHERCALL!!!

Sonic called his Cypherdex, and went to enter in contact with Amber. The young capitan of the Squidbeak Splatoon was in line within a few seconds.

Amber: What's wrong Sonic?

Sonic: Major trouble! Eggman's planing on rebuilding his Eggman Fleet!

Amber: What is that?

Maya: A fleet full of massive batteships! And he's got a bunch now!

Sonic: We don't know when, but he must have been collecting them ever since he woke up!

Amber: I don't like how this is going. Ok, we can't waste any more time! I'll pick up Lilly, the Squid Sisters, Octavio, and the Octobot King! We'll be needing a Calamari Inkantation soon!

Sonic: Gotcha! We'll keep going for now!

The call ended. Our heroes went to the fourth gate. This one took them back to the Dusty Desert. They were deep inside the temple this time.

Sonic: Seems like we're gonna have to search this temple. 

Clauds: We might have missed something last time we were here.

Mephiles: This area of the temple... 

Sonic: Something wrong?

Mephiles: This is where I last faced Shadow as Mephiles the Dark. There might be something at the center of the temple. Follow me!

They went after Mephiles to reach the center of the temple. However, on the way, they came across a room full of Egg Stingers

Maya: Uh-oh. Eggman's on high security with the Zapfishes!

Crystal: I ain't dealing with more pieces of scrap metal for today! BALLER!!!

Crystal used her Baller, and was able to blow up the Egg Stingers. They proceeded through the next section, until they reached green caves.

Sonic: Wow! I've never seen this in the Dusty Desert!

Mephiles: That's becausee you've never been to this caves. This take to the center of the temple! 

Crystal: This place looks so beautifull...

Our heroes charged ahead. They reached the center of the temple. However the access to the Zapfish was blocked by two Egg Guardians.

Maya: Wow! Eggman made sure we'd stay back!

Sonic: No problem! This ones aren't so hard!

The enemies shooted one of their arms. They missed though. Sonic skated arround to confuse them. Mephiles moved to one, and Homming Attacked one of them. After that, he kept going, transforming the Homming Attack into Chaos Attack and defeating the enemy.

Maya: I got the Zapfish!

However, on the way two Egg Stingers appeared in front of her. Maya shooted her Tri-Stinger at them. The robots blew up. Maya moved to the Zapfish. Two Egg Gunners attemped to get her, but Clauds and Crystal got them. Mephiles kept avoiding the shots that came at him.

Sonic: Tsk. Don't forget about your other enemies.

Sonic dashed at the Egg Guardian, and slided under him, making him fall. Mephiles released his Chaos Orb, shooting down the machine. Maya got the Zapfish.

Maya: I GOT IT!!!

Sonic: Nice one, partner!

Mephiles: Now this is what I call a job well done!

The five of them returned to the Octo Canyon. The fifth gate opened instantanly. They took it and were sent to Seaside Hill.

Sonic: Ah, Seaside Hill... A beautifull place above waters.

Maya: Wow... This one seems to be so peacefull... Like a Green Hill under water.

Sonic: This place has one big palace. But we're to far from it. 

Mephiles: Sonic, look at the top of that hill!

Everyone looked at where Mephiles was pointing. There was a Zapfish up there. They started moving there. However, a new type of robot showed up in front of them.

Sonic: Uh-oh, Egg Lancers.

Maya: These ones look like the Egg Gunners. More than the Egg Stingers.

Sonic: Look out for their bullets! They're energy bullets!

The Egg Lancers shooted their energy bullets. They were able to dodge it, but the bullets slightly targeted them. Even though, they missed.

Crystal: Whoa!

Sonic: Oh no, I forgot that the bullets will slightly target us! But only slightly!

Mephiles: Seems like they tried to pick up a fight with the wrong people! CHAOS ORB!!!

Mephiles' attack made impact. However, the Egg Lancers were slightly more resistant than the normal Egg Gunners. Sonic Spin Dashed one of them. 

Sonic: Drats! They're more resistant than the usual enemies!

Maya: You might nead another SPIN ATTACK!!!

Maya Spin Attacked the same Robot that Sonic attacked before. The robot blew up. Mephiles noticed the Zapfish.

Mephiles: Seems like the Zapfish is not to far from here!

Maya: We better get moving, guys!

The Egg Lancers aimed at Maya. Sonic noticed. He skated at her, and pushed her out of the way, avoiding the energy bulets, and falling on top of Maya.

Sonic: Are you okaay?

Maya: Oh... I don't  know... Can you tell me?

Clauds: Look out!

The two of them moved out of the way, as the Vulcan Cannons were shooting at them. Clauds used her Inkjet, and took out one of the robots.

Crystal: Hey, metal face!

The Egg Lancer looked at her. Maya tossed Jet, who started to devour the robot. Soon, the machine was taken out. Our heroes moved to the Zapfish, but it was guarded by one Egg Walker and one Egg Cannon.

Sonic: Brace yourselves!

The Egg Cannon shooted its missiles, while the Egg Walker shooted its lasers. Both attackeds missed. Maya aimed at the legs. The Egg Cannon shifter to flight mode, but the Egg Walker went unstable. Mephiles took the chance.

Mephiles: Chaos... CHAIN!!!

Mephiles released a beam in the shape of various chanes(imagine the Dark Pulse from Pokemon) that blew up the Egg Walker. Crystal jumped at the Egg Cannon, and tossed one suction bomb at it, blowing up the machine. 

Maya took back the Zapfish, and they returned to the Octo Canyon. However, as they were making their way back, there was something looking at them in the distance.

??: Still going amok, even after 12 000 years... I think our rematch will be here soon, Sonic.

Back on the Octo Canyon, our heroes were able to unlock the sixth gate. They were back on the Chemical Plant, only this time, they were deep inside.

Maya: Wow! I didn't expect we'd come back to the Chemical plant!

Sonic: Looks like Eggman must have hidden some Zapfishs inside. This facility takes to the computer room.

Clauds: So, where the computer room?

Sonic: Right through here. But look out, this room sometimes starts releasing towers pf that pink water. We're screwed if we get caught on those.

Mephiles: Water towers like that one?

Everyone looked at where Mephiles was pointing, and lots of watter towers were on the facility. This pretty much got under Sonic's nerves.

Sonic: Yep... those.

Crystal: And I was thinking we'd get moving without trouble...

Suddely, the Sting Missiles nearly got our heroes. When they looked over, two Egg Stingers, and one Egg Buster, the upgraded version of the Egg Stingers, were aiming at them.

Crystal: Egg Stingers!

Clauds: Just what we neaded! Hey, wait a minute. There's one yellow!

Sonic: That's an Egg Buster! Probably one of Eggman's most resistant robots!

Maya: Even more resistant than the Egg Guardian?

Sonic: Pretty much! We better avoid them!

They dashed to the Computer room. However, the mechs kept following them. The Egg Stingers crashed agains the wall, but due to its resistance, the Egg Buster broke through the walls. 

Sonic: Dang it! That darn robot won't leave us alone!

Maya: He's busting through the walls!

Mephiles: We won't get away like- (gets hit) GAH!!!

Crystal: Mephiles!

Mephiles was hit. He was pulled to the edge of the platform. However, before he could fall down, Crystal grabed his hand. The Egg Buster went to them.

Mephiles: Crystal!

Crystal: This is me paying you back from the other time with the orcan!

Crystal changed her power from the Baller to the Zipcaster. She ziped her way up to the platform, saving herself and Mephiles.

Crystal: You good?

Mephiles: Yeah. Now it's pay back time! CHAOS BOOST!!!

Mephiles: I'll make sure you regret this! CHAOS SHADE!!!

Mephiles released his Chaos Shade. This thing is one purple shadow transformed into a homming missile. It taargeted the Egg Buster, taking it out.

Sonic: Well done, Mephiles!

Mephiles: Thanks.(let's go of his Chaos Boost) I think it's time to get moving.

Clauds: Hold on. This ain't over yet!

They looked over, and a bunch of Egg Gunners with one Egg Commander were there. Clauds noticed something though. Seems like the Egg Gunners were linked to the Egg Commander.

Clauds: Hm, interesting.

Sonic: What's up?

Clauds: Just a hunch. INKJET!!!

Clauds boosted to the air. The robots started shooting. However Clauds simply shooted at the Egg Commander. He got stunned, forcing the Egg Gunners to stop. Mephiles Homming Attacked the robot taking it out, and the Egg Gunners along with it.

Clauds: Just as I though.

Crystal: Nice one, Clauds!

Maya: Seems like whenever one Egg Commander appears, the robots arround it are linked to its command system.

Mephiles: Look! The Zapfish!

They looked inside the Computer Room, and the Zapfish was there. They took it, and returned to the Octo Canyon. The Egg Gate unlocked for them. They went to it. However, some Egg Stingers came to them.

Sonic: Uh-oh. Eggman seems tobe trying to slow us down!

One of the machines aimed at them. However, it got shooted down by pink Ink. The robots looked over, and two more shots shooted them down. Crystal looked over, and Lilly landed in front of them, holding one giant bazooka.

Lilly: Hi there!

Crystal: Lilly!

Lilly: Amber asked me to come over, and help you covering the robots that might attack you on the Octo Canyon. I decided to bring my new Trizooka with me.

Maya: Wow, it's one of the new special weapons for turf war!

Sonic: Your timing was great, Lilly! Now, let's get going!

Lilly stayed with Off the Hook to guard the camp. The others were sent to one weird dark clouded sky. Seems like Dr. Eggman was there with one of his control pannels.

Dr. Eggman: And now... come forth, Egg Great Fortress!!!

Hearing what Eggman just said, our heroes jumped down to the fortress that was comming from under them. Once the main battleship of the Eggmanfleet, this is the Egg Great Fortress.

Eggman went to the core of the fortress, where he had one Zapfish. He took hold of it, and pressed the button on his bracelet.

Dr. Eggman: Now, the Great Zapfish's power will be harnessed by this great fortress. And with that, the Eggman Fleet will finally be compleet!!!

??: EGGMAN!!!

Eggman Looked behind. Sonic and company were coming to him. He simply smrinked, as he knew that they were to late. Sonic, on the other hand, noticed Eggman's brand new suit.

Sonic: What's with the new suit?

Dr. Eggman: Just a small update. Anyway, you're too late. Once the Egg Great Fortress is able to harness the power of the Great Zapfish, the Eggman Fleet will be compleet! 

Mephiles: What?

Dr. Eggman: Now, I just nead to slow you down. Come forth, gold soverign!

Eggman pressed the button of his bracelet, and this called forth the gold soverein, a golden robot armed with one big lance on its right arm, and has a great shield on the left. This is the Egg Emperor.

Dr. Eggman: I'll take care of you personaly!

Dr. Eggman jumped out of the Egg Mobile to the Egg Emperor's cockpit. The Egg Emperor raised its lance, and started releasing energy waves out of it. Our heroes were able to avoid it. Eggman charged up the Egg Emperor's missiles. They barely miss, but just barely. 

Sonic: We won't be able to attack the Egg Emperor like this!

Dr. Eggman: Take this!

The Egg Emperor charged at them, but crashed, becoming exposed. Clauds shooted its core, dealing the first major damages. However, it stood back up.

Dr. Eggman: Grrr.. You little pests! Try dealing with this!

The Egg Emperor's shield started to glow. It charged with the shield in front of it. This time, it kept balance, and returned to a stable position. The robot started shooting waves again, only this time, they were faster.

Sonic: Look out!

The blades barely missed. However, the Egg Emperor charged again. This time, though, he was vunerable. Mephiles noticed this.

Mephiles: I got it! Chaos Orb!!!!

Mephiles got the shield stuck. This allowed Clauds to shoot the core of the Egg Emperor. Eggman got furious with this.

Dr. Eggman: Ngh! I won't go down like this!

Eggman pushed the triger of the Egg Mobile connected to the Egg Emperor, releasing the limiters of the machine, alowing it to go on full power.

Mephiles: Uh-oh.

Crystal: What's going on?

Sonic: He released the limiters! It's going to overdrive!

The Egg Emperor started to attack like crazy. Its energy blades were being released one after another Sometimes, the swing from the lance would release three waves at once.

Mephiles: We won't be able to get him like this!

Dr. Eggman: Gya ha ha ha ha! Now, witness the true power of this machine!!!

The Egg Emperor started to build on power. This one was Chaos Power, and a very strong and destructive Chaos Power.

Sonic: Is that... No... EVERYONE, BACK OFF!!!

Dr. Eggman: Chaos... BLAST!!!!

The wave of destruction, the Chaos Blast. Everyone was forced to back off. This wave didn't reach them, but just barely. 

Dr. Eggman: And that was just an appetizer. Now it's time to meet your doom!

However, before Eggman could do anything else, the Egg Emperor lost all of its power at once, except for the engines. However, it wasn't able to nothing.

Dr. Eggmam: Huh? What's going on?

Sonic: Never release a Chaos Blast full power without the inhibitors! Now it's our turn! CHAOS BOOST!!!

Maya: Let's give him a taste of our full strenth!

Mephiles: I couldn't agree more!

That's when Mephiles concentrated all of his power, withen the special Killer Wave 5.1. This launched six ink lasers at the Egg Emperor. Clauds shooted her Inkjet. Crystal and Maya smashed their specials to. Sonic finished the enemy off with his Crystal Ink, finishing off the machine.

Dr. Eggman: NO! How could I lose?!

The Egg Emperor blew up. Eggman landed back on his Egg Mobile. The Zapfish fell on Sonic's hands, as his Chaos Boost wore off. However, the contact of the explosions started to blow up with the fortresse.

Dr. Eggman: NOOOOO!!!!

Orbot: Boss, we're here!

Eggman looked at Orbot and Cubot were coming with the Great Zapfish. However, the explosion made them lose it. However, it landed on one giant dragon machine, that went to the clouds.

Mephiles: The Great Zapfish!

However, before it could disapear, one being on top of the ship looked behind, establishing eye contact with Sonic. Sonic recognized who it was. However, they hadto warp back to the Octo Canyon. Lilly, Pearl and Marina went to them.

Marina: Hey, you guys okay?

Mephiles: We are. But Eggman might not be.

Crystal: There are good news and bad news! 

Clauds: The goon news is, Eggman lost the Great Zapfish, the bad news is, it was stolen by something else.

Sonic: Not something, but someone... And not someone with good intentions...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Next time...
The Great Zapfish was stollen... someone else has plans for it... but who is this being... and what plans does he have... destruction, or domination...

Next time on Sonic Splatoon: Chapter 21 - Zeti!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.5K 42 12
A slight malfunction causes Chaos Control, and sends Sonic the Hedgehog to the Pokémon World. While there, Sonic meets Ash and his friends, who aid a...
1.9K 31 11
There once was three hedgehog siblings: Two brothers and a sister. The oldest brother was a great hero with great powers while the youngest brother h...
361 0 10
Shadow, Rouge, and Omega are mysteriously transported to a color drained version of Inkopolis Square. They regroup with Agent 8, along with a drone w...
294K 5.8K 40
You were a special light blue hedgehog love for speed.you move to bygone island unfortunate for you, you didn't want too, your parent just suggest to...