Chapter 20 - The Gold Sovereign

Mephiles finally started to learn the truth. However, it was one truth that Sonic didn't want to remember. Mephiles the Dark, one enemy from a memory that vanished attemped to take over. Thanks to Sonic and Maya, Mephiles the Hedgehog left the past behind, and started fresh.

Chapter 20 - The Gold Sovereign

Mephiles the Hedgehog was now the one with the Squidbeak Splatoon. He joined his teammates, and they went to the third Kettle. They were sent to the Wave Ocean.

 They were sent to the Wave Ocean

Sonic: Oh drats! The Wave Ocean!

Mephiles: What's wrong? Can't swim?

Maya: Uh, us Inklings drown in the water.

Mephiles: Huh? How is that possible? Aren't you squids?

Sonic: Well... when the Inklings showed up, they evolved in a similar way to humans. However, they can no longer go back in the water.

Clauds: Well, for as long as we have a respawn point, we'll be able to return. Thank god we have one on the Octo Canyon.

Mephiles: So... What about Sonic and I?

Sonic: We're only like them, because we absorbed the Ink that they use on splat battles.

Mephiles: Well... we better get going.

They moved on. However, it wasn't so easy. There was a lot of water there. However, for as long as they managed to follow the sand, they were fine.

Sonic We're doing okay, so far.

Maya: Yeah, but this thing is to big! I don't think we'll get the Zapfish anytime soon.

Marina: Can you all hear me?

Mephiles: Marina?

Crystal: We're listening!

Pearl: We got somethin' here!

Marina: There's one giant fortress flying above the Wave Ocean!

Everyone looked up. The Egg Carrier was flying above the Wave Ocean, trying to reach another location, and it wasn't alone. There were some Eggman Flying Batteries there to.

 There were some Eggman Flying Batteries there to