Chapter 18 - Spikes of Metal

Our heroes invaded the Death Egg to get back the Zapfish to keep going and explore the Octo Canyon. They blew up the Death Egg Robot that was powering up the fortress and destroyed the space fortress. Now they're on Sector 2, and got back two Zapfishs. But there are still four Gates to explore, and seems like something or someone is hunting Mephiles.

Chapter 18 - Spikes of Metal

Our heroes returned from the Deepsea Metro with another Zapfish, unlocking the third Gate from the second Sector of the Octo Canyon.

Sonic: Alright, we got two Zapfishs with us. But we still have to get through four gates!

Maya: We might have to move on! Eggman might be moving foward second by second!

Marina: Unfortunatly, the gates only apear one at the time! We can't go any faster than what we're going now!

Pearl: So because of that, Egghead is moving on, as we have to go step by step?

Mephiles: We don't have much of a choice. We have to be as fast as we can!

Clauds: So let's move on! The next gate's wating for us!

The gang went to the next gate. They went inside, and were teleported to Green Hill again. This time seems to be sunset.

Maya: Alright, back in Green Hill

Maya: Alright, back in Green Hill. Let's get going!

Mephiles: Wait... is this the same place as last time?

Sonic: No. This is a straight line. We have to charge ahead!

They charged foward. However, on the way, something came to them. Sonic looked up, and noticed the blue mechanice hedgehog that he remembered from the past. Sonic clenched his fist, as the creature looked at him.

??: Hi.

Maya: Wow.

Crystal: Hey, what's going on?

Mephiles: What kind of machine is that?

Sonic: I was wondering when Eggman would tell you to show up, Metal Sonic.