Chapter 02 - What are they?

Maya Stone was abandoned by her crew and sent to land by the Salmonoids. Sonic woke up and broke free from an experiment lab. They crossed paths and went to Splatsville. The Great Zapfish was stolen, and now, as two Agents of the Squidbeak Splatoon, Sonic and Maya join Cutterfish to get it back.

Episode 02 - What are they?

Sonic and Maya were back from their mission of the first Kettle. Sonic absorbed the crystal things that used to power up his Dualies. He got energized, and his original powers were adapted to the environment he is currently living in.

Sonic: Wow, this might have been the best power-up I've gotten in years!

Maya: You fused yourself with our source of power!

Cuttlefish: This is great! So, now that we made it through, did you find something to deal with this Ooze thing?

Sonic: Not really.

Maya: The only thing we got were these Power Eggs.

Cuttlefish: Hm, interesting. You know, I heard that the Salmonoids have a very strong reaction to those. If we combine the Power Eggs, with Jet's reactions to them, we might get something out of it.

Maya: Combine it...

Sonic: Well it's worth trying! We got over 700 Power Eggs! Let's use them.

Maya nodded. She charged up the Power Eggs, combined with her Smallfry friend, Jet, and threw them to the Fuzzball. Jet swallowed it up, and this dissolved the Fuzzy Ooze.

Cuttlefish: Well would you look at that! It worked!

Sonic: I didn't expect it to work so well!

Maya: Now we can move on!

Sonic: Yeah, but we lost 300 Power Eggs! Let's make sure that we only use them if it's necessary.

The three of them kept going. There was more Fuzzy Ooze in the way. Maya threw Jet, powered up with 200 Power Eggs, and opened the path for them.

Cuttlefish: Nice!

Sonic: There seems to be another path, but it leads to the same place. We don't need to use up more Power Eggs.

Maya: Hey, there's another Kettle here!

Maya pointed at the Kettle. Sonic shooted his Touchrame and this opened the Kettle, allowing them inside another Octarian Base.

Maya: Let's get going!

Cuttlefish: Wait! I forgot to mention. Maya, you have a communicator on your gear! Those things that tell you the energy on your armor also act as a way of communication between us!

Sonic: Cool! 

Maya: But you don't have one, Sonic!

Sonic: No problem! I have my own devices.

Sonic pulled out some sort of blue cube. He split it and gave one to Cuttlefish. This one went to Cuttlefish's cane and another one to Maya's weapon. This created some sort of mask around their eyes. Sonic had one too.

Maya: Wow, what are these?

Sonic: I call it the Phantom Mask. It allows us to communicate with each other, even if you're on the other side of the planet.

Cuttlefish: Wow, your powers are cool!

Maya: Well then. Now that we're all done, let's get going!

The two of them went through the Kettle. They reached a new Octarian Base. This one seemed to have something like ramps and a tower to climb.