Conflicting Hearts

By konyinn_

Meet Laila Woods She's not exactly your everyday carefree girl she's intelligent,fiery, beautiful and isn... More

Author's Note.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.

Chapter 14

27 3 0
By konyinn_

*Picture of Laila's dress above*

Laila's POV
After I fainted on Saturday,no one will let me do anything whether it's at home or at school. Maria won't let me work or leave my bed,she won't let me come down for meals and she keeps asking whether I'm okay or not.

William brings me lunch everyday and doesn't let me drive anywhere at least with the support of my parents. Matthew has done a lot since Sunday,it's safe to say he has driven me everywhere I needed to go.

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face maybe because today is my birthday. Usually,I'm never excited to celebrate it but this year feels different,I think it has something to do with my date later today and that makes me giggle cause it's like I'm on cloud nine or something.

I'm currently wearing some laid back clothes and preparing my own breakfast. It's five am and I am doing pretty well on my own until Maria comes in and scares me making me drop the butter knife creating a mess in the kitchen.

"Good morning Maria" I greet sheepishly
"It is a good morning indeed,Laila. I thought I forbade you from doing anything till further notice" Maria says

"Yes but I had to" I admit guiltily

"Happy Birthday my sweet girl" She says and embraces me,her embrace is nothing short of motherly.

"Thank you,Maria"

"What would you like to have for breakfast?"

"Some toast and my flask of ice tea is fine"

"You're sure?" She asks me

"I'll be fine,Maria"

"You should really add some sort of protein to your breakfast"

"I'll worry about that later,look at me I'm 5 ft 9. I'm okay"

"If you say so. You should take a shower now,you stink" She says and wrinkles her nose.

"If you say so dear Maria" I say with a smile

"Yes I say so, now go!" She exclaims

I leave the kitchen and head back to my room to shower and get ready for school. I take a shower and wear my uniform and maybe I look a little different but hey! Who will notice?

My bag is sitting in a corner waiting to receive some attention,I stuff my notes in it and a textbook along with some other necessary items stationary included. I go back into my walk in closet and take my shoes,a white scrunchie and my smart watch although I'm still wearing the necklace with a tracker in it. My duffel bag contains a white chiffon shirt,a black pantsuit and a pair of black heels so I take both bags downstairs.

"What took you so long?" Maria asks when I reach the table

"I was preparing some things for today"

"Elaborate!" She exclaims exasperated

"I've a meeting by 1pm. So I'll leave school during lunch" I say and she sighs

"Got a permit?"

"Not yet anyway"

"Do you think you'd be able to get it done before 1pm?"

"Let's say I can get it done on time" I say and pick my phone up to dial a number. The person on the other side of the line picks on the third ring .

"Is there a reason why you called me?" Louise asks me sounding a little frustrated, I knew I must have interrupted her sleep or her time with her husband. Louise really loves the man.

"Yes,there is in fact"

"What is it?" She almost growled at me

"Am I interrupting something?"

"Yes you are but I'll let it slide. Tell me what it is you want"

"I have a meeting today and I'll be leaving school around lunchtime. I'm informing you so I don't have to answer questions or fill in forms and stuff"

"That's simple,you didn't have to call me so early in the morning"

"It's not that early"

"It's almost six am in the morning"

"Still isn't early,see you at school"

"Laila"

"Yes"

"Happy Birthday" The line goes dead and I smile.

"Is it done?" Maria asks from where she's sitting on the other side of the table.

"Yeah it's done" I reply

"When will you be home?" She asks

"After the meeting,I have a date with William"

"He's whisking you away somewhere for the night?"

"Yes"

"Where is he taking you?"

"Now that my dear Maria is a secret" I point at her and smile.

"Very funny" She says and chuckles

"I'll leave you to have breakfast now" Maria exits the dining room leaving me alone to drown in my thoughts.

As I eat my toast,I check my phone and see a few texts.
Caro Mio: Happy Birthday baby. I want you to know everything that's between us is real and it's not a dream:). We still have our date today, I know you figured that out already but I'll see you at school.
Me: Thank you and it feels like a dream.

Mischievous Partner: Happy Birthday best friend
Me: Thank you best friend

Gabby: Happy Birthday dearest cousin of mine. Would love to see you but college has got me held up,I'll courier your gifts to you. Love you darling<3
Me: Love you too,ty<3

Ricky: Happy Birthday Laila. I'll see you soon and I'm bringing a surprise with me:).
Me: Thank you and I can't wait to see you and your surprise too :)

Carino: Happy Birthday Carina
Me: Thank you,Carino

Man Child: Happy Birthday Queen,ily<3
Me: Thank you,I would call you King but that's someone else soooooo :)

That One Rich Businessman: Happy Birthday little sister,I love you and I wish that all your hearts desires are fulfilled. Enjoy your day:)
Me: Love you too bro,thank youuuu<3

Daddy: Happy Birthday dear daughter
Me: Your favorite daughter says thank you

Lia the Pest: I'm calling a truce,you were right about me. Happy Birthday
Me: Happened soon enough,thank you.

Denny: Happy Birthday

Marilyn Monroe: Happy Birthday Laila.
Me: :)

Kay: Happy Birthday
Me: ty ........

Tata Tati: Happy Birthday Alexandria. I love you and I wish you all the good things in life. Have a blast<3.
Me: Love you too,tysm babe<3

I finish my breakfast and clear the table. My flask is sitting on the kitchen counter and I pick it up and place it next to my bags in the living room.

I go back to my room and take a black handbag. I place a pen,a notepad and my laptop in it with it's charger and I zip it up. I pick the phone in the living room and call the security room.

"Security room,Matt speaking" The person on the other end speaks.

"I'm not sure I know you Matt,it's Laila"

"Good morning,miss Laila. Do you need something?"

"Please tell Matthew to bring my car out front immediately"

"Yes miss,as you wish"

"Thank you" I hang up.

Picking my bags up,I make my way out of the house. I shut the door behind me and walk towards the car, Matthew opens the door and I arrange my bags and climb in through the other door.

"Good morning Matthew"

"Good morning miss. I do hope you slept well?"

"Yes I did" I say nonchalantly

"Happy Birthday miss Laila"

"Thank you, Matthew" I say with a smile

"Do you wish to stop anywhere before school?"

"No" I say and he shoves a small white box in my direction. I open the box and I'm met with four red velvet cupcakes.

"I don't really know the things you like miss and you're such a nice person. You do everything for everyone,it's just-" Matthew pauses his rant.

"Thank you for the little gift,it's the thought that counts. At least you got me something that I actually like"

"You're welcome miss" He smiles a little and the rest of the drive continues in silence with me eating my cupcakes.

"I need you back in the school by twelve sharp" I say when the car is parked in the school's parking lot.

"If I may ask,why?"

"I've a meeting in the company and I need to change my clothes to look presentable before I leave school"

"I'll see you by twelve miss" I take my bag and flask and climb out of the car,I rapidly walk into the school and straight to my homeroom.

I take my time to reflect on everything that has happened to me in the last year and I'm surprised I made it out of there. I'm just thinking about how hard it has been to get here and how far I've come, I mean opening up again was so hard for me then William became a saving grace for me. He kept talking to me, asking how I felt, coming over to my house, making silly little jokes and I could go on and on but the point is I'm slowly becoming who I used to be.

A carefree,nice and intelligent girl with nothing to lose.

I'm still reflecting on everything when someone walks in and plops their bag onto the desk in front of mine. That person happens to be William King so I stand and he gives me a hug while whispering a 'Happy Birthday' in my ears.

"Thank you,Liam" I sigh and lean into him burrowing my head into his chest.

"You should really save your thank you's for now,you'll have to say plenty of those to me during our date tonight" William says and I look up at him to see his teasing smile before placing my head back on his chest.

"I guess so" I chuckles and smile against his shirt.

His phone vibrates in his pocket and he groans a little,I giggle as he loops one arm around my waist and the other pulls his phone out and he raises it behind my head.

"Come with me" he says

Where to?" I ask

"It's a surprise darling" He tells me whilst taking me out of the classroom and as we approach the school doors I can't help but wonder what the surprise is until we get to the parking lot.

In the parking lot,our friends are standing in a circle and their arms are linked. William pushed me into the circle and linked his arms through Alyssa and David's successfully closing the circle again and everyone starts singing.

"♪Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Lailaaaa
Happy birthday to you♪"

Everyone unlinks their arms and Alyssa steps out of the circle and towards me.

"Happy birthday my mischievious partner. I love you for who you are. Your heart is so big and it's not made of stone, you're confident, beautiful and pretty diligent even though you don't see it. I wish you all your hearts desires,I love you" Alyssa hugs me and I smile as she steps back.

David steps out next and grabs my hands.
"Happy birthday dear Laila. You're an exemplary person and I wish you all the best" He gives me a hug and steps back too

Tatiana steps out
"Happy birthday Woman of Steel. I love you and wish you what you wish me" She says and I want to giggle but I smirk instead.

"I'm not good with words,happy birthday" Tyler holds my hands,gives them a little squeeze and steps back.

"Happy birthday Laila. To be honest,I've got nothing to say because I'm sure our friendship speaks for itself" Marilyn says and everyone laughs at her antics especially me as we hug.

"Happy birthday dear friend. I pray that you are safe and healthy and alive this new year of your life" Dennis hugs me and steps back.

"Happy birthday sweet Queen. I do hope you get that thing which you want most" Alistair smirks and gives me a hug too, I mentally roll my eyes because I know what he's talking about.

"Happy birthday Laila" Kayla says and I laugh whilst rolling my eyes.

"I'm terrible at this honestly. I want to thank you for being supportive and for being there for me. I'm wishing you a very happy womb escaping day" Angel embraces me and I giggle

"Is Will treating you right?" He whispers
"He is" I whisper back
"You love him" He whispers
"Love is a strong word" I whisper back
"It'll take time but you will admit it Carina" He whispers and I giggle at him thinking he's getting slightly sentimental these days and he lets go of me.

"Thank you guys so much" I thank them and they all smile. We walk back into school and everyone parts ways. I walk back to homeroom with William at my side,Alistair Alyssa, Kayla, Tyler are walking behind us.

In homeroom,we all sit together and everyone is engaged in conversation.

"Laila" I look up to Alistair calling my name

"Yes"

"Who do you think will win Student Body President?"

"Judging from the fact that I know how it's run,a vote has been cast among teachers not students. I'll say whoever has the highest votes wins"

"You ran for President,didn't you?"

"I did" I reply with a smirk

"That is a bad idea" William says and I gape at him.

"It's something that could improve my college application" I shrug

"You're stupid darling. Your college application looks like gold and it hasn't even been written yet,you've gotten class president every year since freshman year. You're the best student in our year and you have so many responsibilities right now" Alistair says exasperated

"You said it yourself, I've been class president for three years. This year it'll be a bit different since Tati or Charlotte will be president and I'll be overseeing the student body. I can handle it okayyy and besides I don't have to be President,I can be the VP. I just want to do something for the students before I leave is all" I explain myself

"We're just trying to say that if it gets too much,step down from the post or just take rest like we plead with you to" William says with a reassuring smile.

"You're here for me,aren't you?" I ask William

"Yeah I am" He answers

"You'll be here to make me rest and keep me from harming my health then" I say with a little smirk and he shakes his head at me. The teacher calls our names out to take the attendance and we're all made to say 'present' as our names are called.

The teacher calls me to come forward.
"Happy birthday Laila"
"Thank you miss Taylor" I say and she nods
"Can you handle being student body president alongside your reputation as top student and other duties?" She asks me

"Sometimes we don't know the answers, they come to us I think I can do it" I answer and she nods dismissing me.

The rest of the day goes like that,alternating between classes with my friends and random people I know or don't know wishing me happy birthday. The bell rings for lunch and I run outside with my bag to the parking lot. I knock on the car's window and it comes down.

"Unlock the doors" I say to Matthew and open the door. I pick my duffel bag and walk straight to the cafeteria where I call Alyssa and we go to the girls bathroom.

I check the stalls and make sure they're empty before entering one and closing the door. I change my clothes whilst Alyssa stands in front of the mirrors looking herself over.

"Radieux?" She calls

"Rose" I answer

"Could I come with you to the meeting?" She asks

"In uniform darling? Yeah sure but you need a permit besides your parents won't be too happy to hear that you skipped the last classes of the day for me"

"My parents will allow me to do anything as long as I'm with you"

"Do you have any tests or quizzes this afternoon?"

"None that I know of"

"Don't break your perfect attendance record for me,let's do this you and Tati can stay at my place for the night"

"I'm not so sure that's possible but we'll see"

"We'll see then besides I have a date tonight" I say to her and she smiles making me smile and giggle and then she giggles.

"He's taking you out to a romantic dinner" She emphasizes on the 'dinner' and laughs.

"It's still a mystery" I tell her

"Mysterious, I like it" She says and I come out of the stall with a full change of attire and she whistles.

"Girl, your suits are to die for and the shirt is just cute. Why do you keep buying these without telling me?" Alyssa gasps in fake offense.

"Very funny" I laugh

"The shoes are nice too" She comments as she stares at my heeled sandals which are open toed.

"Pass me the hairbrush" I say and she places it in my left hand and I remove the scrunchie holding my hair together. I brush my hair and leave it down.

"Is there any lipgloss in the bag?" I ask Alyssa

"Yeah there is" She hands it to me. It's nude lipgloss and I apply a light coat on my lips thinking of all the talking I may have to do.

"I look ready right?" I ask my best friend who stares at me like I have two heads.

"You don't just look ready,you are ready so let's go to the cafeteria so you'll bade everyone goodbye and William will escort you to your car"

"Where's my perfume?" I ask

"Here" She gives it to me and shoves the rest of my things inside the bag before running towards the door. I spray a fairly thick amount of perfume on myself and I hear Alyssa cough.

"It's not that much" I laugh

"Says the girl trying to choke me with her perfume" Alyssa says still coughing as we exit the girls bathroom.

We walk back to the cafeteria and heads turn as I walk by in the halls. However I do not get to enter into the cafeteria as our friends are waiting for me outside. 

"Wow! The Queen is super hot today" Alistair comments as I take my bag from Alyssa.

"Don't hit on my girlfriend" William replies looking a bit distracted

"It's a compliment or rather I'm just stating facts" Alistair smirks

"He can't even take his eyes off her" David scoffs

"I'm leaving now, office duty calls. I'll see you guys tomorrow and I'm expecting my gifts" I say the last part in a sing song voice.

Choruses of 'sure' and 'bye,Laila' come from all around me. I pull William to leave our friends circle since he won't stop staring at me but he snaps out of it when I have him right in front of me.

"Where are you taking me?" He asks confused and everyone watches with amusement twinkling in their eyes.

"Somewhere" I reply with a smirk and take his hand in mine leading him away from our friends and leading us to the parking lot.

William turns me and walks towards me slowly until my back hits the wall.
"I really want to kiss you" He says and I can feel his breath on my face.

"If you kiss me now,I'm going to be late for the meeting and you'll ruin my lipgloss"

"I thought you liked risks" He says and trails a finger across the seam of my bottom lip. A shiver runs through me and he chuckles.

"You seem to like pushing my buttons,Liam. We have a date later,you can kiss me all you want then" I say smiling.

"You look hot" He loops his arm around my waist.

"It's not that I don't like this position, the meeting is by 1pm,I'm running late"

"I'll see you tonight,6:00pm sharp"

"See you" I whisper whilst hugging him and I turn around and make a run for it to the school doors. Once I'm out,I walk again until I get to the car and enter it.

"Make this drive fast" I say calmly and within fifteen minutes I'm in front of Woods Industries.

"When will you be out ma'am?"

"Do you have any errands to run or something important to do?"

"Not for today" He replies

"You may wait for me in the security room, once I get in the elevator you have to be out. I have a date to prepare for"

"You had an extra pep to your step today,I see why. Who's your date?"

"Who else would be my date,Matthew?"

"You tell me, Laila" He says and I put my phone and earpieces in my handbag.

"It's William, William King" I say and step out of the car,I shut the door and walk towards the entrance.

I find myself in front of the receptionists desk.

"Miss Letty,such a pleasure to see you today. How are you?" I ask her

"I'm perfectly fine and you? I love the shirt darling"

"Oh I'm fine and thanks, the meeting has commenced right?"

"Happy Birthday Laila. The meeting is about to commence"

"Thank you,I should hurry right"

"Yeah you should" She smiles and I take that as my cue to leave. I get into the elevator and it stops a few floors just before the top floor,a hottie wearing glasses comes in.

"I've never seen you around" He strikes up a conversation with me.

"I'm here for a meeting is all" I reply and change the position of my ring on my fingers.

"It simply means I'll never see you again"

"You'll be seeing me plenty"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am" I smirk and he looks over his shoulder and smirks at me.

"I'm Alex" He introduces himself and holds out a hand to me.

"The name's Laila" I shake his hand and his eyes gleam when they see the ring on my left ring finger.

"Are you engaged,Laila?" He asks

"Believe what you want,Alex" I reply and walk out of the elevator as it has stopped.

I keep walking until I reach the boardroom and Alex is hot on my heels. I enter the boardroom and I'm surprised when I hear a shout of 'Happy Birthday Laila'.

"Thank you so much everyone. It means a lot to me as I have been part of this team for sometime and it's been an amazing experience" I say in thanks

Everyone settles down and I take my seat next to Landon and Brielle whilst my dad sits across me and Alex sits across Brielle. My dad beckons me over and stands to give me a hug.

"Happy birthday First Daughter" He whispers

"Thank you,Daddy" I whisper back and he lets go of me.

"What did you do to Alex?" He asks

"We met in the elevator and I flashed my ring in his face and then I walked in here and you all wished me a happy birthday. He's so confused as to who I am and I don't want him to figure it out" I tell him

"What does the ring have to do with this?" I flash my ring in his face and it clicks.

"It won't be the first time,a man thought I'm an available grown woman"

"You're neither grown nor available"

"How do you know I'm not available?"

"You're my daughter besides what would you call what you and William have?"

"Currently,I'd call it a relationship" I say with a smile

"You should go see your brother and his girlfriend now"

"You already know about Brielle?"

"She's our legal advisor now besides I think I'd like to say I caught them kissing in his office but forget I said that" He chuckles and sends me off to my brother.

I stand behind my brothers chair and put my hand on his shoulder, bringing my head down to his level.

"Dear brother" I say in his ear and he turns his head to meet my gaze.

"Dear sister" He says and stands up to hug me.

"Don't you owe me something?" I ask

"Happy Birthday Laila and I like your look today. I've got a pretty sister" He laughs and makes me do a little twirl for him.

"Can you do me a favor, Landon?"

"Anything for you"

"I want you to tell everyone here, secretaries and junior staff included not to address me by my last name during this meeting,they should call me Laila"

"Why?"

"I'll tell you everything later,just do it"

"If you say so" He nods and I move to Brielle. I put my head on her shoulder and she turns to face me.

"I thought you would ignore me all day" Brielle said in mock offense

"Never" I gasp in mock defense

"Happy Birthday Laila" She laughs

"Thank you, Brielle" I laugh too

"What do you say we commence this meeting, huh?"

"I say yes" She nods and shoos me away.

I take my seat again and Landon makes my request known to everyone,they agree hesitantly and Dad smirks at me. I smirk in return and take my laptop out of my bag.

I open the laptop and connect it to the projector screen. To my left is an interior designer and to my right are Landon and Brielle.

"Good afternoon everyone. This meeting is a continuation of what we started last week and well today we have an interior designer and architect with us. We would like to be able to draw up a contract today if everything goes as planned" My dad says his introductory speech.

"Please tell me we didn't hire the old architect again because I will scream at him" I comment and everyone starts laughing.

"We actually brought him in today because we haven't found a replacement" Alex replies me and I smirk.

"Mr Daniel,I believe you and I know I could find you a new architect very quickly" I say

"I don't want to bother you since you have so many responsibilities" He emphasizes on the word 'responsibilities'.

"Landon, do you know any trustworthy architectural firms with good architects?" I ask my brother who's looking slightly bewildered.

"My friend owns one and Brielle knows a few too,we could contact them and see if they're available to handle this project" He replies with an ease that would make you wonder if he was ever really bewildered.

"You have time then to find us an architect. The interior designs have been handled but let's hand the designs over to an expert so she would approve the designs or make some changes" I say whilst facing the designer and I hold out my hand to her.

"Laila" I introduce myself

"Lanae" She replies and shakes my hand

"I've created several templates containing design for various suites in the hotel and they vary well according to their types and also the designs for different places in the hotel but don't let me bore you. You'll need to work with an architect well the architect of our choice" I explain and she looks amused.

"Can I see the designs now?" Lanae asks

"Look at the screen" I reply and the lights go off right on cue.

The templates are playing in a slideshow on my projected screen to our right with the suite names or hotel areas above them. The slideshow ends eventually.

"Have you ever considered a career in interior design?" Lanae asks me with a huge smile on her face

"No I haven't" I reply

"Your work is impressive but after I see the hotel I will make some changes. When will I get to see the hotel?" Lanae asks

"You will-" Alex begins but I cut him off with a glare.

"Lanae,you will only get to see the hotel when we have an architect ready to work with you" I answer with a smile.

"Would you send me the designs please?"

"lanaecarter@gmail.com"

"It's sent" I tell her after a few minutes and she seems to be checking her mail to confirm it. She suddenly gasps and begins gaping at me.

"Who are you?" She whispers

"I'm Landon's sister,Laila" I say in response before adding "Woods" in a whisper that you could barely hear.

"No way. You're the famous daughter of the Woods family"

"That I am, can we please not reveal my teeny tiny secret?"

"Yeah sure" Lanae replies with a smile.

"So how many people do we need on this project?" Landon asks my dad

"The COO,the CFO,I, Landon,miss Adelaide, Laila,the interior designer and her team alongside the architect and their team,our secretaries and a few staff" Dad responds with certainty.

"That's settled so if you all don't have somewhere you have to be, I do and I need to look good to go there" Lanae says under her breath.

"I was about to say the same thing" I tell her and we stare at each other before giggling.

"This meeting is adjourned till we find an architect" My dad says to us all

"Hopefully that won't take too long, Landon and Brielle I hope you can hear me" I say looking up at the ceiling.

"We can hear you,Laila" Brielle says in a singsong voice.

"You're dismissed" Dad says ending the banter before it started.

Everyone begins to leave the room while I pack up my stuff. As I shut my laptop, a certain person walks up to me.

"Happy Birthday by the way" He says and pauses

"You seem to know the people here more than I do but I work here full time. You don't work here half the time so who are you,miss Laila?" Alex asks me with a lazy smirk toying on his lips.

"You'll find out soon enough" I shove my laptop into my handbag and take my phone out to call William. He picks on the third ring.

"Baby?" He says in a questioning manner

"Liam" I reply with a smile on my face that he couldn't see.

"I was in class and I'm surprised you called me when you know school isn't over"

"Darling,do I need an excuse to call you?"

"Never" He replies without missing a beat

"I just wanted to hear your voice before our date tonight seeing as it's meant to be a surprise for me"

"I'm pretty sure you'll like it,Lexie. I have to get back to class now"

"See you babe"

"Bye,Lexie" He chuckled and I hung up.

"What are you trying to prove?" Alex asks

"I'm a lot of things but I have only one identity. See you soon Alex." I say and walk off to my brothers office.

In my brothers office,I find him and his girlfriend in a different position today. Her feet are in his lap and he's massaging them.

"How sweet,Landy. If only William were here to massage my feet too?" I wail in mock despair

"Very funny, Laila. I will massage my girlfriends feet as much as I want to"

"Brielle looks pleased not extremely satisfied so those hands aren't working enough magic" I reply

"William has given you a foot massage?" Brielle asks in slight awe

"He gave me one on our first date,I didn't even wear heels" I say and she gapes at me

"Every woman needs a William" Brielle shrieks

"Indeed every woman does need a William. He needs a person without mummy issues or the shadow of an ex hanging over her and someone who is like him" I express my thoughts when I'm sitting in front of them.

"Sweetie that isn't you, I can tell what kind of thing is running through that head of yours at this moment,that isn't you. You're confident, beautiful, intelligent and we love you but William doesn't deserve this okay. That boy wants you like he's never wanted a girl and I see it in his eyes and yours too. Your eyes sparkle, don't self sabotage" Brielle tells me with a smile

"I won't self sabotage besides it's my birthday and I have a surprise date coming. I should be happy" I reiterate

"That's more like it, sister" Landon smirks

"Go prepare for your date" Brielle says

"I will and I should leave now" I say to them

"Enjoy your alone time" I say teasingly on my way out of the door.

"We will" Brielle calls back and I chuckle.

My mood is bright again and I have a feeling it won't get stormy for sometime. My date is now my main priority,I have to get home to prepare for it and in my excitement to make it out of there. I stumble into someone who happens to be Alex.

"What has you all excited?" He asks as we get in the elevator for the second time today.

"Something" I reply with a smirk that he can see this time around.

"You like to keep things mysterious, don't you?"

"Maybe I do or you just see it that way"

"Touche,see you again Laila" He says as he gets off from the elevator. I continue my descent and say a quick goodbye to miss Letty on my way out. Matthew is already in the car like I asked and I get in the backseat dropping my handbag. He drives off and I take that opportunity to rest my head.

"Laila, we're here. Shall I have someone take your bags up for you?" Matthew asks

"Yes please and I need them taken up now"
I say and Matthew requests for a maid to come get the bags. I hand them to said maid and turn to Matthew.

"Thank you for the gift but you're dismissed for the day, Matthew. Please don't say no I beg you, consider this a gift from me" I walk away from him and through the front door not giving him a chance to refuse me.

Maria is sitting at the dining table.
"How did it go?" She asks me

"It was different" I answer

"I won't want to keep you from preparing for your date,spare me the details and go up to your room dear"

"Thank you my dear Maria" I say and kiss her smack on the cheek.

I walk up the stairs and straight to my room slipping my shoes off. I dip my feet in my fuzzy slippers and throw my suit jacket onto my bed as I walk towards my balcony and open the doors to sit on the small sofa situated in it's middle.

I look ahead and all I can feel is serenity, an encompassing peace in my being and I know very well that it has nothing to do with Wellness Wednesday. It has something to do with a certain dark haired boy and that makes me smile. I undo the strings on the front of my shirt and stand up making my way back to the bedroom.

In my room,I open the drawer of my bedside table and take out a particular shirt. When one looks at the shirt, they'd think it's normal well if unfolded it isn't because it holds something very precious to me; a journal I've owned since I was sixteen.

I run my hands over the front cover of the book before dropping it on my bed and making sure to lock the bedroom doors before taking a pen from the desk to begin what I should call journalling/reflecting.

Dear Diary,

Life came back to her
it made meaning once again
and she understood
and she really didn't want to live in her old ways ever again

TEN

That's how I feel today, I'm not always like this just happy and stuff. I feel a bit lighter today and happier too, when was the last time I allowed myself to feel wholeheartedly?
When was the last time my heart didn't hammer out of anger or fear of the unknown?

Some days,I feel like it's a lie and because I'm learning to live and live truly. It feels surreal and I love it. Liam doesn't know but he has taught me to live again and slowly but surely I'm questioning it. It scares me how I can feel so much for just one person because I know I found it hard to believe in feelings and emotions.

It's my birthday and this year feels different. I've had an amazing day so far and I feel weightless and I have a date

A date that will go well........

A girl on her way to happiness
xoxo
Liam's Lexie

Signing my name at the bottom of my latest journal entry,I put the journal back in it's original hiding place. It's a few minutes past three when I'm done so I strip and walk to the bathroom. I fill the tub with hot water and put some bath salts and oils in it before getting in,the hot water soothes my skin.

I step out of the tub after sometime and wrap a towel around my wet body and brush my teeth before stepping out. I walk barefoot towards my dressing table and rub some moisturizer onto my skin.

I go into my fairly large walk in closet and I didn't see it at first because I was looking down. The dress I see in front of me is simply stunning;it's red and has flowers embroidered on it and it's floor length. There's a note in the label and the note says
Dear Lexie,
I got you this beautiful dress for our date, please wear it for me :)
xoxo
Liam

A pair of shoes sit on the floor beside it, I recognize the shoes to be ones from my closet. I wonder who placed the dress and shoes in my closet because William hasn't been here since Saturday but I'll find out all about that later.

I take the dress from it's hanger and place it on my bed and the shoes beside my dressing table. I wear some underwear and put the towel back on, I sit in front of the mirror and comb my hair before oiling it. I use some hairspray and brush my hair, I leave it to cascade down my back.

I keep my makeup simple, with me only using some concealer and my bold red lipstick.

For my jewellery, I pick my silver diamond studded earrings, a golden necklace with a lotus flower shaped pendant with diamonds on it and my ring from earlier today.

I pick the phone in my room and call Maria.
"Mariaa" I sing into the phone

"Aren't you meant to be preparing for your date?" She asks me cheerily

"Of course I'm preparing for it"

"So why did you call me?"

"I can't zip my dress myself"

"I'll send someone up to help you. I have somewhere to be" She says and the line goes dead.

Minutes later, a maid is helping me into the dress and she zips it up. The dress is almost a perfect fit and the bust area is well it is what it is, having big boobs isn't a problem until you want to wear form fitting clothes.

"How do I look?" I ask her

"You look like an angel miss" She replies with a smile.

"Do I?" I ask

"You do" She beams at me and I pick a red purse and put my phone in it and some lipstick.

"Thank you, you may leave now" I say to her and she leaves.

My shoes happen to be black three inch suede wedges, I put them on and think to myself that my feet may just go numb during this date but whatever. I spray some perfume and I'm good to go.

I do a little twirl in front of the mirror and I like what I see. The phone rings right on cue and I pick it up, the person on the other end says my guest is here and I drop the phone. As I walk down the stairs, I walk slowly to make sure I don't trip.

Outside, William is standing on the front steps as soon as I walk out the door he turns around and offers me a hand. I take his hand and he leads me down the stairs to stand in front of him.

"Hey you" He says

"Hey yourself" I reply

"You look stunning" He comments looking a little dazed.

"You look dashing" I reply as I assess him with my eyes. He's wearing a dark gray suit and a white shirt and a grey tie with dress shoes.

"You like to check me out when we're going on dates" He teases

"Don't I have the right to check my own boyfriend out?" I ask

"You do" He chuckles and opens the door for me before getting into the driver's seat and driving us out of the premises.

"Can I ask where we're going?"

"You may but I won't tell you" He replies

"Do you have an earpiece here?" I ask

"Yeah look there" He points at the compartment in front of me. I open it and truly there's a pair in there.

I put one in his ear and the other in mine. It's connected to my phone and I click on a particular song, Remedy by Adele.

"♪I remember all the things
that I thought wanted to be to be
So desperate to find a way out of my world
And finally breathe
Right before my eyes I saw
My heart it came to life
This ain't easy, it's not meant to be
Every story has its scars

When the pain cuts you deep
When the night keeps you from sleeping
Just look and you will see
That I will be your remedy
When the world seems so cruel
And your heart makes you feel like a fool
I promise you will see
That I will be
I will be your remedy♪"

"Why did you pick that song, Lexie?"

"I wanted to besides I think you should focus on your driving, you won't want to get me killed on my birthday" I retort teasingly and he chuckles as the music continues.

I'm not even concentrating on where we're going, the music has me carried away. Our destination is my family hotel and William shuts the engine off and hands the keys to the valet, he comes around my side and helps me out of the car.

"You brought me to my family hotel?" I ask and take his offered hand.

"Maybe, maybe not" He replies using my words against me. William walks me through the lobby and reception and towards the elevator. When the elevator stops, a set of hands go over my eyes and I close them.

"Why are you covering my eyes?"

"It's a surprise remember"

"It won't be for very long now" I retort and he laughs out loud. We keep walking and then we come to a stop.

"I'm going to take my hands off your eyes but you can't open then until I say so"

"Fine" I feel his hands move away from their position in front of my face and we keep walking until we stop.

"Can I open my eyes now?" I ask

"Yes" William answers and I can't help but feel like he's no longer around me well as I open my eyes, I discover he isn't and I'm standing in front of a dark room. I take a step inside and then I hear people scream from all around me
'Happy Birthday Laila' before the lights come on.

Standing in front of me are my family, my friends, my loved ones and a few people I may or may not recognize.

"Thank you guys so much" I say as I hug my boyfriend for the first time this evening.

"You're welcome. I told you, didn't I?" William asks me in reply

"You told me, what?" I ask a bit confused

"I told you'd have to tell me thank you several times this evening" He replies teasing me

"You did" I smile into his chest and release myself from his arms.

"Hey! Best friend" Alyssa exclaims and waves me over.

"You were in on this too?" I ask

"Totally, I planned it with your brother and your boyfriend" She replies with a sly smile

"Speaking of that, where's your boyfriend?"

"Bathroom and yes your babies are with my parents" She says with a knowing smile.

"Are they wearing suits?"

"Aiden will never wear a tie but we got him to wear the rest of the it"

"Have you introduced your boyfriend to your parents?"

"They've asked me already but I'll do it"

"You should chill, your parents are more calm than mine. If David is a good guy, they'll accept him" I reassure her

"Enough about me, tonight is about you. I spent so much time planning this party, you should enjoy it. There's food and dessert all your favourites and more, your gifts are on the table at the right far end of the room. The dance floor is the centre of the room but firstly you have to cut your cake" Alyssa fusses over me

"Wait, who put this dress in my room?" I gesture to the dress on my body.

"I did" Alyssa smirks

"I don't want to know right now" I reply as she drags me to a table with a cake on it.

The cake is iced beautifully and I'm handed a knife with a red ribbon on it. My dad places his hand over mine.

"Cut the cake baby" William whispers in my ear from my other side.

"Everyone spell eighteen" Tati says from beside the photographer.

"E"

"I"

"G"

"H"

"T"

"E"

"E"

"N" I cut the cake right on cue and everyone applauds me.

"Finally eighteen baby" I cheer as I uncork the wine and it makes a popping sound. I pour myself a glass before handing it to the waiter who fills everyone's glass.

"Who doesn't have a glass?" Landon asks and there are no responses

"Make the toast hottie" Alistair says smirking.

"I'd like to thank everyone for being here tonight. A toast to love, family and friends" I raise my glass in the air and my glass meets with several others.

"Will you dance with me later?" William whispers in my ear

"I will" I say and sip my wine, slightly smiling above the rim of my glass.

I see Louise standing with the crowd in a dark purple dress, she spots me and smiles walking in my direction.

"Thank you Louise"

"Stop thanking me" She chuckles and looks at me. Unspoken words pass between us before she leaves.

The cake is cut and William takes my glass from me, he hands me a plate with a slice of cake on it and a spoon. I eat the cake and feed William some cake too.

"Are you always like this?" He asks me as he hands my glass to me.

"Like what?" I ask

"Affectionate and loving and caring" He replies

"Only with you" I smile and he looks at me and smiles too.

"My family is here, would you like to officially meet them as my girlfriend?"

"Sure" I nod slowly and he leads me towards his parents.

"Happy Birthday Laila" William's mum wishes me once I'm standing in front of her

"Good evening Mrs King. Thank you very much" I reply

"Mother, this is my amazing girlfriend miss Laila Woods and Laila, these are my parents the Mr and Mrs King" William introduces us

I hold my hand out to Mrs King but she stares at me before she smiles widely.
"Oh honey, don't be so formal with me. Give me a hug" she embraces me and someone clears their throat making us separate.

"Winston King, nice to meet you" The older man holds out a hand to me and I shake it.

"It's nice to meet you too sir"

"Please don't be formal with me, call me Winston and I hope William hasn't been causing you any trouble"

"He has his days" I chuckle

"I'm sure" Winston chuckles too and we talk for a few more minutes before William pulls me away from them to meet his younger sister.

"This is Whitney, my younger sister. Whitney, this is Laila" William excuses himself leaving us alone.

"Happy Birthday Laila" She hugs me

"Thank you. It's nice to meet you, Whitney. We've bumped into each other once or twice at school right?" I ask uncertainly

"Yeah we have and it's nice to meet you too, future Student President" She says and I laugh

"Don't be so sure about that" I laugh slightly

"So you're my brother's girlfriend?" She asks me

"Yes" I reply

"You make an excellent couple, I see how he talks to you over the phone and how he has behaved with you tonight. I ship it, don't hurt him and sometimes he'll shut you out but you have to pry him open again"

"Thank you once again and our relationship we've worked so hard to get to this point. I'll do everything I can for him"

"This isn't just a high school romance, is it? You and William are something else"

"It's becoming something more" I say to her as my eyes seek out said boy.

"You can't even stay away from him. How do you do it all, Laila?" She asks and I laugh

"It's hard and sometimes I want to sleep all day but then I remember that I have responsibilities and I get up and my relationship please don't ask me how I do that but if you ever need advice, I'm here for you twenty four/seven" I reply

"I'm a sophomore at Lexington and thank you because I will not pass up that opportunity" She says and chuckles

"You're one of the leading students, of course I know you" I reply and she laughs

"Even with how harsh your exterior is sometimes, you're so down to earth unlike all the snobbish senior girls who claim their daddies have money. Come on my dad has money too but you don't see me yapping about it" She imitates them

"You should join my table for the evening, I'd like to introduce you to my friends and my sister too" I say and she agrees.

"Yooo, birthday girl is back" Alistair announces to the table as I take my seat.

"Birthday girl has a guest with her" Angel observes out loud.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious" I reply Angel

"Guys this is Whitney, William's little sister. She goes to Lexington like we all do, she's a sophomore and please don't intimidate my precious girl" I announce to all of them

"This is Alyssa, my best friend. Tyler, Marilyn, Tatiana, Angel, David Alyssa's boyfriend, Alistair and I assume you know Dennis lastly Kayla" I point out my friends to her and they all exchange pleasantries.

"Laila" Marilyn calls my name distracting me from looking around.

"Yes" I reply

"Your brother seems to get hotter each time we meet" She says with a sigh

"Do you see the pretty lady by his side?" I ask her

"Yeah"

"She's his beloved girlfriend" I tell her and she gasps

"No way" She says with her jaw slack

"You'd better believe it" I chuckle

"Landon has a girlfriend?" Alyssa asks

"Yes but I don't know if my mom knows yet, it's a secret. Speaking of moms, where's yours and why haven't I seen my babies?" I question Alyssa

"I'll take you to your babies" She replies and drags me away from the table and towards the parents table.

"Good evening Damien and Allison" I greet them from behind

"Happy Birthday darling" Allison says as I bend down to give her a hug whilst saying my thanks to her.

"You're like my daughter, how could I not come to your party?' She asks and I laugh before hugging Damien too.

"Happy Birthday sweet Laila" He says and smiles at me, I move to the little child sitting next to them.

"Kayden" I call in a sing song voice

"Laila, I made you a gift" He smiles

"Won't you wish me first?" I ask

"Happy Birthday" He says and throws his little arms around my neck

"Thank you Kay"

"You're welcome" The little boy laughs at me and his arms leave my neck. I walk towards my parents and take the seat next to my dad. He takes my hand and plants a kiss there.

"You're growing up so fast and always remember that I love you" Dad says to me

"I love you too, Dad"

"Happy Birthday Laila" My mum wishes me and I can see genuine hope swimming in her eyes that I won't say something bad.

"Thank you, Mother. I'll take my leave now" I walk away from the table.

"Did anyone else invite their siblings or parents?" I ask

"I did" Alistair replies

"I did too" Tatiana says

"Two of my sisters are here" Tyler speaks

"I know you haven't seen my mum all day and you're dying to see her but sadly my sisters aren't here" Angel says too

"I think I know where to start guys but please let my feet take a rest" They all laugh at me.

"Babe, would you like another foot massage?" William whispers in my ear

"Yes but where?" I ask

"I'll take you home" William replies

"Fair enough" I smile and get up to meet Angel's mom.

"Mrs Brooks, good evening to you" I greet her

"Happy Birthday miss Woods"

"Thank you Danielle"

"How many times will I have to ask you not to thank me?" She chuckles

"You'll have to do that forever" I reply and she smiles before shooing me away. I talk to the other parents and they all wish me a happy birthday before I move in the direction of two older girls.

"Sammy" I call gently

"Oh my gosh, Laila. What did you do?" She replies

"What did I do?" I ask a bit puzzled

"What did you do to your boobs? They're huge now" She says to me and I laugh

"And you're somehow the older one here"

"Happy birthday little one"

"Thank you and how did you even make it here?" I ask

"I have my ways baby girl" She says and spins me to face her older sister.

"Gianna" I call out

"Is that really my brother's best friend?"

"I'm really Laila if you haven't noticed" I reply and she laughs.

"Happy birthday darling" Tyler's eldest sister wishes me

"Thank you Gianna and I love your hair"

"It's all my hard work that went into the hair darling, it isn't easy" She huffs

"I can imagine" I reply and see William beckoning me over.

"Girlfriend duties are calling for you, go meet your man" Gianna shoos me away too

"The dance you promised me" He smirks

"Fine please have the lights dimmed and pick the song" I reply and he walks toward the DJ saying something to him and he picks the microphone.

"This song is for the beautiful celebrant and for all the couples here too" William chuckles at the ending before walking towards me and leading me to the dance floor. There are couples scattered all over the dancefloor but even if I wanted to,I don't seem to notice them.

The intro of the song begins and I recognize it as William takes my hands and we get into position.

"♪Mm, yeah, oh
Yeah, yeah
I stare at my reflection in the mirror
Why am I doing this to myself?
Losing my mind on a tiny error
I nearly left the real me on the shelf

William spins me around so my back is to his front and I barely hold back my gasp as we continue to sway. I feel him smile into my hair and I ease into his chest,he spins me away from him and spins me again until we're back in our former position.

No, no, no, no, no
Don't lose who you are
In the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving
Dreaming is believing
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard
To follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
Just be true to who you are
No, no, no, no, no, no, no
(Who you are, who you are, who you are)
(Who you are, who you are)

While I'm enjoying the feel of having William this close to me in public, I see my parents dancing and mum is smiling. It's one of her rare smiles and it makes my heart ache in more ways than one.

Brushing my hair, do I look perfect?
I forgot what to do to fit the mold, yeah
The more I try the less is working, yeah yeah
'Cause everything inside me screams
"No, no, no, no, no" (no, no, no, no, no)
Don't lose who you are
In the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving
Dreaming is believing
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard
To follow your heart
But tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
There's nothing wrong with who you are

David and Alyssa are also dancing,they look so happy together. The look of adoration on David's face makes me smile, William follows my line of sight and smiles too before spinning me again.

Yes, no's, egos, fake shows
Like "whoa", just go, and leave me alone
Real talk, real life, good love, goodnight
With a smile, that's my home, yeah, oh
That's my home, no
No, no, no, no, no, no
Don't lose who you are
In the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving
Dreaming is believing
It's okay not to be okay

Sometimes it's hard
To follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing
Everybody's bruising
Just be true to who you are
Yeah, yeah, yeah♪"

As the song slowly came to an end, William spun me and dipped me. He caught me by the waist before I fell to the ground and a smile appeared on his face. Applause fills the air as the lights come back on.

"Who knew you could dance like that?" William says to me

"Come on,you're the real dancer" I reply

"When did you learn to dance?" He asks diverting the attention away from himself.

"I've always had one goal well I watched this movie where the villain was the most intelligent person in the room,she was a woman. That movie spurred me on to become someone better and well the woman could dance extremely well so I took dance classes two years ago" I explained

"All this because of a movie?" He looks surprised

"The point was achieving a set goal" I reply

"Won't you introduce me to your hot boyfriend?" A voice says from behind me and I turn around.

"Gianna this is William. William,this is Tyler's eldest sister Gianna" I introduce them

"It's nice to meet you, Gianna" William extends a hand towards her and she shakes it

"Likewise,I wonder how you put up with this girl. Just don't hurt her because she's as mean as they get,she'll cause chaos if you do anything to her but she's also very soft and we all love her. If you hurt her,we hurt you" Gianna threatens him openly and I chuckle at how she did it.

"I don't put up with her but maybe I do just a little bit and I won't hurt her rather I'm afraid she'll hurt me and leave me in pieces" He says with a sad smile and it morphs into a bright one like he didn't just utter those heartbreaking words.

"Stop doing that to me" I say suddenly feeling like I can't breathe

"Hey,I need you to breathe babe. Breathe, inhale exhale" He instructs and slowly my breathing comes back to normal.

"Let's sit at our table" I smile at him despite the worried look on his face interlacing our fingers as we walk back to the table where our friends are.

"Whitney,are you comfortable?" I ask her

"I'm fine. Where is your sister?" She asks me with a small smile.

"I don't know,uh oh she's coming this way" I say as the girl I haven't seen since Monday walks towards my table. Her short black dress sways as she moves.

"Why are you staring at me?" Lianna asks once she's in front of me

"I'd like you to meet someone" I answer

"Who is that?"

"My boyfriend's little sister"

"Really,where is she?"

"Whitney,this is Lianna. Lianna,this is Whitney" I introduce them

"We've met" Whitney scoffs

"No way" Lianna crosses her arms and stands tall.

"Am I missing out on something?' I ask

"Your sister is a total brat,she's mean and doesn't know the first thing about composure" Whitney scoffs again

"Did you just call me a brat?" Lianna asks looking enraged

"I did,you should get your act together dear" Whitney says

"You did not just" Lianna gasps and tries to grab Whitney from across the table.

"Enough!" I exclaim

"I will not have you treat my guest badly and grow up. You don't have to fight about everything" I reprimand and Alyssa interrupts me.

"You should calm down" Alyssa advises

"I won't calm down,Rose. Every single time I want to scold this girl,you guys get in the way. Can you see what she has become? She almost hit my guest for telling her the truth about how she behaves at school. Lianna, you will either sit quietly at this table or sit at the parents table and if you sulk there. I'll have Jared send you home" I conclude taking a deep breath

"You wouldn't" Lianna gasps

"You know I don't make empty threats" I tell her

"Fine,I'll sit here without causing any trouble" She replies reluctantly and takes a seat at the far end of the table away from me and Whitney.

"Babe" William calls me

"Baby" I cup his jaw

"Let's dance" He whispers

"Anything to make me forget this just happened" I reply

"I know of other ways to do that but let's stick to dancing for now" He says and I laugh at him.

"So what kind of dance is it?" I ask him

"It's your typical dance but the drift is when I spin you away from me,you're going to the next guy and the next and it continues like that until someone spins you back into my arms" He explains

"So you're going to be dancing with other girls?" I retort dryly

"Dancing with them means nothing to me and please don't murder any girls tonight" He chuckles and catches himself last minute.

"Murder isn't my style darling" I reply a little sassily as we walk towards the dance floor and I guess the DJ has been given the signal because the lights go off and the music begins.

William and I sway to the slow song that is playing and he smiles again making me smile and now I understand everything. It was always William and I don't know how to feel about my little admission.

"I'm going to spin you now" He whispers and I give him a nod,right on cue he spins me and I land in Angel's arms.

"Carina,how do you feel?" He asks me

"Like I have the whole world at my feet" I giggle

"I told you earlier that you would admit to loving him but you won't tell him,will you? I see you" Angel reminds me

"You're getting sentimental these days carino,if you truly love me drop it. I'm learning to live all over again, don't halt my process by making me think" I plead

"My sisters send their most sincere wishes" Angel diverts the attention from the previous topic of love like I asked him to.

"Tell them I say thank you" I smile momentarily forgetting about what just happened to me.

Angel spins me without warning and I land in another man's arms but when I look up at the face of who I'm dancing with, I can't help but smile.

"I assume you know who I am now" I chuckle at the man's astounded expression

"You're the Laila Woods" Alex replies

"You figured it out" I nod my head

"I thought you were an engaged young woman"

"I did that intentionally" I shrug

"What do you mean?"

"While you were backing me in the elevator, I changed the position of the ring on my finger. Look at my left hand now"

"The ring is on your middle finger. Why did you do that?"

"When I'm not in uniform and I happen to meet a guy,I trick them into thinking that I'm engaged"

"You're a young woman alright,just eighteen. You exude maturity in waves that I never thought possible for teenagers"

"Thank you"

"You're a high schooler who balances work and top of the class position and also student body responsibilities"

"I'm whatever I want to be,Alex"

"Who's the guy who keeps fucking glaring at me?" Alex asks looking slightly irritated and I look to our right and see William,I send him a dazzling smile and he beams at me before turning back to the girl he was dancing with.

"That guy is my boyfriend" I answer

"I'd be jealous too if I was your boyfriend" He replies

"What is it about me?" I ask

"You're dense darling,just slightly dense" Alex smirks in reply

"Who are you?" I ask him the question that has been lingering in my mind

"Alexander Beckett. CFO" He replies simply and my jaw threatens to fall open but I keep it together. He spins me away from him and into David's arms.

Alyssa is now with Alex.
"David,I haven't seen you all evening" I say

"Yeah,my nerves were killing me about meeting Lyssa's parents but everything's fine now I guess"

"Did Mr Thompson threaten you?" I asked knowing the answer already

"She's his daughter, his first born. Of course he threatened me but wait don't you guys know each other?" David asks confused

"We know each other, I'm practically their second daughter durh" I laugh

"So why did you call him Mr Thompson?"

"For dramatic effect" I reply and the guy rolls his eyes at me as we continue dancing.

"Thank you for giving us your approval, it meant a lot to her parents because they asked me about it" He says and my eyebrow goes up.

"They did?" I ask and he nods spinning me away from him to the next guy.

"Is this the wrong time for me to admit that your red lipstick makes me want to kiss you senseless?" William whispers

"You really need to stop tempting me,Liam" I whisper back

"What if I want you to be tempted?" He asks me with his voice seeming deeper than before.

"Some days you're William and some days you're someone else who wants to kiss all my stress and worries away. Come home with me"

"I thought you'd never ask,I told my parents I'd be staying the night at your place if that's fine" He replies me and I smile again.

"It's not a problem as long as you don't sleep in my bed" I smirk and he smirks too.

"Why not?" He asks still smirking

"If my parents are home,my mom won't hesitate to marry me off to you"

"Why?"

"She believes in sex after marriage so she'll think we had sex if we share a bed"

"There's a camera in your room right?"

"Yeah but it's against my will though"

"She can check the cameras if she has doubts plus I think she really wants to fix your relationship"

"You think so?" I ask him

"She keeps staring at you with hope filled eyes so I don't think she'd stand in the way of your happiness" He says and I smile.

He dips me as the song ends.

"Come with me"

"Where are we going, Lexie?"

"To see some special people" I reply dragging him towards the back of the room where two men are decked out in suits but have a white earpiece in.

"Jared! Sean!" I call out to them

"Happy birthday princess" Jared wishes me

"Thank you Jared"

"Anything for you,Laila"

"Happy birthday Laila" Sean follows suit

"The cold man wished me a happy birthday, boo hoo thank you very much,Sean" My tone goes from teasing to grateful.

"You're welcome" Sean smiles

"Who do we have here?" Jared smirks at me

"You should know William King"

"Your boyfriend? Yeah everyone knows him sweetie" Sean replies looking amused

"When you talk to a guy in the Woods house for almost two hours, you should really try not to mention his name and don't giggle so much" Jared sighs

"So much for an intro well I'll be going back to my table now. Bye guys"

"Don't take the ring off" Jared says and I nod walking away with William.

"What's with the ring?" William asks

"There's some secrets you'll never know" I smirk

"Who was the guy you were talking to?" William asks instead and I want to say something but I dismiss the thought.

"Why do you ask?" I ask instead avoiding the question

"No reason" He drops it and I walk away from him going in search of Alex. I see him talking to Sammy.

"Sammy, I'd like to steal the man from you for a little bit" I say to her and she glares but steps away from him.

"Do you want something from me?" Alex asks

"When did you become the CFO?"

"In July"

"How have we never met?"

"Maybe your brother has something to do with that seeing as I did flirt with you when we first met"

"Damn right you did. My boyfriend seems to be upset and it's your fault"

"How is that my fault?"

"You're a hot douchebag who was talking to his girlfriend and dancing with her during the party he took his time to plan" I deadpan

"I'm hot?" He asks me smirking

"I'm blunt like that" I roll my eyes

"Your boyfriend really cares about you" Alex comments

"He does" I smile and he blinks in what I assume to be surprise.

"What's his name?"

"William"

"You should really get back to William" He grabs my shoulders and turns me around. I sigh and walk away in search of said guy, he's standing with Brielle and he's positively sulking.

"Bri, I'll take it from here please" I say to her as I intertwine my fingers with his.

"Thank you darling" She says and scurries off to meet her boyfriend

"Don't sulk,Liam"

"You didn't answer my question earlier and I can tell you're slightly pissed but sad too. Why are you sad?"

"I'm sad because you even dared to ask me who I was talking to and I itched to slap you across the face. Do you know why I fell for you in the first place?" I ask my patience wearing thin.

"You never told me why"

"I fell for you because I could be free with you and I didn't have to keep up a facade around you. Today I wanted to say something hurtful to you and I had to keep my face neutral,I had to mask how I felt" I sigh and the look on my face must mirror something strong because his face crumbles.

"I'm sorry if I upset you, Lexie" William rests his forehead on mine.

"Alex mumbled something about him also being jealous if he was my boyfriend"

"He was right"

"What does that mean?" I ask and he smiles.

"You're still a little dense darling but you'll figure it out" He says and I pout

"Don't pout baby" He speaks but the pout doesn't leave my lips. William decides to carry out a slow assault on my lips therefore ruining my lipstick and earning wolf whistles from our audience.

"Mr King,save the kissing for later" Landon teases him

"Your lips are now a lovely shade of red" Alistair laughs loudly pointing at Liam.

"It's getting late now,we should leave. I'll bid my parents goodbye and you should do the same" William urges me

"Thank you for everything,dad. I mean it and I'm leaving for home now" I bend down to kiss his cheek leaving a lipstick stain on his cheek.

"Are you driving?" He asks me

"Let's just say I'm in good hands" I smirk

"Just go home,you still have school tomorrow"

"I can always skip for a day,you know?"

"Leave" He chuckles as I walk away.

"Allison,we have to talk ASAP but I'm leaving now. See you,tell Damien and my babies I said bye"

"We'll talk darling, see you" Allison waves

I walk towards my table where some of my friends are still seated and my sister is too even Whitney.

"Whitney, please take care of yourself and I'll see you okay" I say lightly patting her hair

"Thank you,Laila. I had an incredible evening and I'll take care of myself, you can head out now" She smiles and I smile

"Lia,you may leave the party with Jared and only Jared. If you leave with anyone that isn't our parents or Jared,just don't disobey this one rule of mine okay" I say to my sister and she nods.

I say goodbye to whoever I see around me before William intertwines his fingers with mine and leads me out of the hall downstairs to the entrance.

"Valet!" William calls out

"Yes sir?" The valet answers and they communicate. William's car is out within minutes and he helps me in before speeding out of the hotel.

"Did you enjoy the party?" He asks me

"I did, the photographer kept clicking pictures although I don't mind because I really need to keep memories of this night alive and properly documented"

"But you clicked pictures of your own that you posted to social media in celebration of your birthday"

"Well pictures and videos but like you said I've posted it in celebration of my birthday. Your sister is in one of them and the comments are just crazy please forget that I partied on a school night"

"That's why we are going home to get some rest"

"Will you help me unwrap my gifts?

"Tonight?" He asks

"No genius on Friday" I roll my eyes

"That's fine with me"

"I want to sleep for a bit,wake me up when we're home" I say to William and yawn before dozing off into a light slumber.

My slumber is interrupted when the car stops.

****
this chapter has a place in my small heart now because wowww!
comments?
what do you guys think of Alex?
btw in case you got confused during the texting paragraph again
Gabby is one of Laila's cousins
Ricky is also her cousin
but you'll get to understand everything as you read on.

xoxo
Konyin<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 174 22
'Somewhere on our way to class, she held my hand, my cold hand to be more precise. A moment I compared to 'Fire meets Ice' kind of thing, forming ste...
924 155 40
Being a loved one isn't that difficult, is it? Some people believe it's easy. Ironically, many do not know how it feels to have people around who car...
247K 12.2K 35
(bxb) After a year of surviving an all boys boarding school, William Brown thought he had finally navigated the ups and downs that the rich, private...
2M 58.7K 48
"Why do you care if I'm mad or not?" It was the only thing I cared about knowing at this point. "You're smart King. You figure it out." Ace Carter w...