Ever since NY (Zarry AU)

By butdaddyIlovezee

Zayn Malik's life changed when he was a 13-year-old kid. His world crumbled down when a tragic event happened... More

I.
II.
IV.
V.
VI.
VII.
VIII.
IX.
X.
XI.
XII.
XIII.
XIV.
XV.
XVI.
XVII.
XVIII.
XIX.
XX.
XXI.
XXII.
XXIII.
XXIV.
XXV.
XXVI.
XXVII.
XXVIII.
XXIX.
XXX.
XXXI. Epilogue

III.

455 22 0
By butdaddyIlovezee

For the last four years, Zayn has been in and out of foster families. Louis was about to turn eighteen years old, so that means he'll be out of the system and on his own if he wants to leave the foster house.

"Man, I can't wait to get out of here and be free," Louis said to Zayn that was drawing in his sketchbook. He was still the same sweet, innocent, and well-behaved boy. Always been protected by Louis since he got there.

"I guess me too, but... I have a year left," Zayn said.

"What if we run away together? You can live with me and we can be free together," Louis proposed.

"No, I can't just run away. It's not okay Louis. Remember what happened the last time? The family I was with, kicked me out because they caught me out after my curfew and they sent me back here," Zayn said sadly.

"Is not like you were happy with them Zee," Louis said.

"They weren't that bad Lou, they didn't care much, the attic was better than this old bunk bed," Zayn said sighing.

"You're always seeing the positive of all situations, don't you?" Louis said.

"It's something that my baba always did. I miss him and my mom every day," Zayn said sighing.

"I know man... I wish I'd known any of my parents. Y'know?" Louis said sighing and squeezing his shoulder.

"Where are you going to go, Lou?" Zayn asked him.

"I don't know. The most important thing is that I'm gonna be out of here, man!" Louis said.

"Lou.... are you sure? Why don't you stay?" Zayn asked.

"No... I'm leaving," he said grabbing his few belongings and putting them in an old backpack.

"Erm... I have something... for you, to remember me," Zayn said giving him a drawing of the both of them.

"Wow... It's so beautiful. Thanks! You're so talented, man! But you already know that," Louis said chuckling.

"I'm going to miss you so much Lou," Zayn said with a breaking voice.

"I promise we'll see each other again. You're my best friend, my only friend," Louis said with teary eyes.

Zayn remembered when Liam was his only friend, he promised to go and visit him and he hasn't seen anybody from his past. It was like they never existed.

"Zee... Are you alright?" Louis asked.

"Ye... Yes. You're my best friend too, my only friend. Promise we'll see each other again, soon." Zayn said.

"Of course, once I'm settled and have a job I'm going to come here, for you. Then, you won't be scared to come with me, "Louis said.

"Thank you, Lou, for everything. Since the first day I got here, you were always by my side. I love you," Zayn said hugging him tightly.

"I love you too, Zee," Lou said hugging back.

"Look at you, faggots. "I love you. I love you too," Chad said mocking them.

"Fuck off Chad. Leave us alone," Louis said wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

"When are you leaving Tomlinson? What is little Zaynie going to do without you?" Chad said laughing.

"Leave him the fuck alone," he said grabbing him from his shirt.

"You're not going to be here to stop me, are you?" Chad said.

"Fucking bastard!" Louis shouted at him.

"Lou, leave him, please." Zayn pleaded and Louis did it.

"Watch your back little faggot! You're not going to have your little boyfriend to defend you anymore!" Chad said leaving the room.

"Zayn, please come with me. I don't want to leave you alone in this hell hole," Louis insisted.

"Lou... Ms. Wilson told me that she has a new family for me. She's... arranging everything for next week," Zayn said looking down.

"What?! And why you didn't tell me anything?" Louis said surprised.

"She came to see me earlier and you were so excited about your birthday and leaving that..." Zayn said.

"That lady is always telling you that will be the last family for you. If you come with me now, we can be a family. Like real brothers," Louis insisted.

"Lou..." Zayn said looking down.

"Alright, it's your choice. Let's make a pact. If by your 18th birthday you still are with that family, let's see each other in that old public library that you like so much, yeah? Around 2 pm, let's say. What do you think?" Louis said.

"The one that is in the city?" Zayn asked surprised.

"Yeah. That one." Louis confirmed.

"Are you planning to move to New York?" Zayn asked with big eyes.

"That's the plan," he grinned.

"Alright, I promise I'll meet you there Lou, on my 18th birthday," Zayn said smiling.

The next days passed so slowly, he was alone again, hiding from Chad and his friends most of the time. He was spending time reading or drawing in his bunk bed.

It was New Year's Eve and he was staring out the window, at how it began to snow outside. He remembered the winters when he had a family, a real family. He was hoping he can find one, where he could be that happy again.

He remembered his friend Liam, and how he never heard from him again in the last four years he was there. Zayn never thought of going back to Brooklyn and looking for him, all those times that he was with a foster family.

"Are you sad little pervert?" Chad said laughing entering the room.

"Chad, please, leave," Zayn said.

"Chad, please, leave," he said mocking Zayn who didn't say a thing. Chad took his sketchbook who was on his lap.

"This stupid notebook is very important to you, isn't it?" Chad said.

"Yes, please give it to me," Zayn said getting up from the bed.

"No, I'm going to keep it and you will do whatever I want. Now that you don't have anyone to defend you, you're going to be my little bitch," he said laughing.

"No... give it to me! Why you're always picking on me?" Zayn asked with a breaking voice.

"Because... I don't like faggots, like you," Chad said hitting him on the stomach, making Zayn gasp loudly.

"I'm not..." Zayn tried to say laying on the floor.

"Do you?" He continued and asked his friends. They shook their heads and they started kicking and hitting Zayn in his face.

This time he was beaten up so badly, he ended up with a couple of broken ribs and bruises all over his body.

The doctor ordered that he had to stay in bed for a week after New Year. And with this new year, came a new hope for him.

"Zayn... how you doing? How are you feeling?" Ms. Wilson said watching him laying on the bed.

Since she met Zayn, she knew that he wasn't like the other kids that were abandoned by their parents. She was really worried about him, he wasn't used to hostile environments like this.

He'd survived until this day thanks to Louis, she knows that, and now that he's not here she doesn't know how much Zayn will take.

"Better," He said with a small smile.

"I'm glad you're doing better Zayn. Y'know? I have good news. I got that couple that I told you about, to take care of you until you turn eighteen," She said smiling at him.

"Seriously? Am I going to leave this place?" Zayn said grinning.

"Yes, Mr. Caldwell told me that the doctor already discharged you, is that right?" she asked.

"Erm... yes, I'm fine now. He said I can go back to school and all," Zayn said with a small voice.

"Great, so we can leave when you want then," She said smiling.

"What? But... what if they don't want me if they see me... like this?" Zayn said talking about the bruises that he still in his face and a healing wound on his lower lip.  Ms. Wilson's heart broke hearing those words from him.

"Don't worry, I'll explain what happened. It wasn't your fault. Guess what? You're going to live in the city," She said smiling trying to cheer him up.

"Really?! Do you think that I can go to school over there? Ouch..." Zayn said excitedly smiling so much that it was hurting to smile even.

"Yes, Zayn. It's a big possibility. So, let's go. Your new family is waiting for you," She said.

"Yes... it's okay. I'll get my things." Zayn said smiling.

"Alright, I'll wait for you outside," Ms. Wilson said and Zayn nodded.

He began getting what was left of his belongings, everything was trashed by Chad. His sketches, his books, and his wooden box. He took it all and put it all inside an old backpack, along with his few clothes, closed it up, and left the room.

"You have all?" Ms. Wilson asked and Zayn nodded. "Come on, it's a two hours drive over there," She said walking out of the house.

"But... are you sure they'd still want me?" he said looking down.

"They will. They're very nice people," she said.

"Okay," he said and they walked together to Ms. Wilson's car.

After a couple of hours, they arrived to New York City. Zayn was fascinated watching all the big buildings and lots of people going in all directions.

"Zayn... the family who are going to take care of you, are very traditional. Mr. Jenkins has a little supermarket and Ms. Jenkins is an elementary school principal," She said.

"Oh, okay," Zayn said listening carefully.

"They... they had a kid. He passed away a couple of years ago. He was seventeen, like you," She continued.

"Oh, what happened to him?" He asked.

"He... had problems with substance abuse and he didn't make it. Please just don't talk or ask anything about it, is that clear? It's a very delicate talk for them," she said seriously.

"Of- of course," Zayn said and turned his head to look at the buildings, instead of asking more questions.

"Here we are, let's go," Ms. Wilson said smiling and they got out of the car.

It was mid-January and it was beginning to snow. He stopped and watched the street curiously, he saw a couple of boys at the building's entrance across the street.

One was in a blue bike talking to the other one that was standing on the steps, he was wearing a bright pink beanie that he found cute. The boy laughed out loud and Zayn smiled at the sound, for a moment he wondered if that boy could be his friend now that he is going to live there.

He was taken out of his reverie once he and Ms. Wilson were buzzed in.

They walked up the stairs and he was feeling so nervous and excited at the same time, he was about to meet his new family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 6.4K 26
Warning: contains sexual abuse and bullying A story in which Harry has a stutter and doesn't like to be touched Huge thanks to @zustinstrash for the...
39.6K 3.7K 27
"แƒฏแƒ”แƒแƒœแƒ”แƒ‘แƒ˜ แƒ แƒแƒ› แƒแƒ แƒ, แƒฃแƒ™แƒ•แƒ” แƒ›แƒ™แƒ•แƒ“แƒแƒ แƒ˜ แƒ˜แƒฅแƒœแƒ”แƒ‘แƒแƒ“แƒ˜ แƒžแƒแƒ™ แƒฏแƒ˜แƒ›แƒ˜แƒœ!" "แƒ“แƒ แƒ•แƒ˜แƒœ แƒ—แƒฅแƒ•แƒ แƒ แƒแƒ› แƒกแƒ˜แƒชแƒแƒชแƒฎแƒšแƒ” แƒ›แƒกแƒฃแƒ แƒก แƒ›แƒแƒก แƒจแƒ”แƒ›แƒ“แƒ”แƒ’ แƒ แƒแƒช แƒจแƒ”แƒœ แƒ’แƒแƒแƒ™แƒ”แƒ—แƒ” แƒฏแƒ”แƒแƒœ แƒฏแƒแƒœแƒ’แƒฃแƒ™"
34.9K 3.1K 34
just because harry has a crush on prince zain does not mean he wants to be his princess. not much anyways. ๐Ÿ‘‘ royalty au ๐Ÿ‘‘ prince zain ๐Ÿ‘‘ one direc...