Love, Betrayal, and Deception

By Alwayslovelyyy

Mia settles in a new place. She befriends Luke and is excited to start school with him. However, she has stra... More

Simplicity
Surprise
Questions
Who
Reason
Met
Assume
Paths Crossed
Wander
Strange
Close
Beauty
Lost
Cruel
Tough
Search
Lies
Come
Secrets
Pain
Dream
Courage
Concern
Trust
Us
Think
How
Desire
Want
Desperate
Truth
Deception
Reveal
Confrontation
Protect
Reunite
Love
Yours
Plan
Moments
Validity
Goodbye
Intertwine
Forever

Here

19 0 0
By Alwayslovelyyy

I dialed my mom's phone first and she picks up instantly.

"Hi mom, it's Mia. Is dad with you?" I slowly asked.

"OH MY GOODNESS YES SWEETIE! HONEY!!!!! MIA'S ON THE PHONE!!" I hear shuffles and footsteps running towards mom.

"I'M HERE!!! MIA!" Dad yells breathlessly.

I couldn't help but chuckle, "Hi Dad. Hi Mom. I just woke up and Corey filled me in a bit. I'm sorry to have you both so worried and I'm sorry all this happened. I just want to let you know that I'm fine. When I get discharged, I'll come home then ok?"

Mom answered instantly, "Okay sweetie. Rest up well. I'm so glad to hear your voice again. Your dad and I were worried sick. Please be ok and when you get home, we can talk more than ok?" She started choking on her tears. I can hear the pain in her voice. I tried my hardest to not cry.

"Mia, when you come home, please have Corey bring you. We would like to speak with him as well, ok?" Dad slowly stated.

I knew dad always seldom show his feelings but right now, he's just as broken as mom. I didn't want them to worry, so I wiped my silent tears and tried my best to speak as causal as possible.

"Yes, mom and dad. I understand and I will do exactly what you both said. Please don't cry mom, I can't wait to see you. I miss and love you both. Please buy me a welcome home ice cream cake. I've been craving for one and I know this is the perfect time to ask for one." I giggled earning chuckles in return.

"Alright sweetheart, we will. Love you." mom calmly said.

We ended the call and I just sat there taking deep breaths to calm myself down because Corey said the doctor mentioned earlier for me to be cautious of my feelings. I need to be as calm as possible.

"Thank you again, Corey." I smiled.

I wanted to ask him about what happened after I covered Luke, and everything else, but I didn't know if this was the right time. When would be the right time? Just as I was lost in my thoughts, my stomach growled. My face burned red like a tomato of embarrassment.

Corey chuckled, "Alright, that's my cue to bring you some food. Wait here, I'll be back."

After I ate, I felt tired and dozed off to sleep. I dreamed about Luke. He seemed so distant. I saw him standing there, looking at me with those sad eyes. I wanted to hug him. I wanted to tell him it'll be ok. I missed him. I kept running after him, yelling for him to wait for me but he just turned around and ran away. I cried and screamed for him to stop but he just wouldn't.

 "Why Luke! Stop! Please! Wait for me!" I jolted from my sleep all sweaty, breathing heavily.

Where's Corey? I scanned my surroundings remembering that I'm still in the hospital when I notice a figure standing by the door.

"Who's there?" I shakily asked.

"It's me, Mia. I'm finally here. Your dream... are you ok?"

I gasped, "LUKE!?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.2K 50
Mia and Nick grew up together, developing a deep bond of friendship and blossoming love while dealing with less than ideal home lives. As things got...
149 42 19
Since her teenage days Mia has always felt like she was somewhere she didn't belong, once she did meet someone who she thought was the one; but inste...
128 2 9
A boy named Nick meets a girl, her name was Celest. As Celest gets in major trouble, her entire school schedule gets changed. Coincidentally, she got...
49 0 14
Andy made a promise in freshman year that she would never fall in love again. Soon in Junior year, Andy has her whole world turned upside down when a...