•~Invincible•~

By thatgrl_cookie

A 17 year old girl in an abusive household and a family of six tries to juggle her school work and family fin... More

Life as we know it
Don't blame yourself.
Robbery.
Girls night out.
Memories.
Stella.
Murderer.
Hot as hell.
Everything's alot.
Soft.
Task
Special Occasion
I quit.
Confession.
Amusement park.
Fuck men.
Unconcious
Lies
Home Alone.
You're a pain.
Missing
I hate myself.
The trip.
Keep me company.
One time thing.
Mission.
Him?
Your own good.
Picnic.
Home
Court.
Life Sentence.
Your fault.
Feelings.
Escape.
Inner peace.
Way out.
Insane.

I'm sorry.

2.2K 37 11
By thatgrl_cookie

I had a feeling growing inside of me.

Guilt... that was surely it.

I threw Pedro into his own grave and acted like I wasn't part in any of it.

I hated Zane and rarely liked Luis, however I couldn't bare in mind of being the reason for their fathers death.

"Wasn't expecting you." Frenaldo mentioned the moment I walked in.

"I called her in." Rico stated.
He walked towards me and handed a pistol over to me.

"Thanks..." I slowly took it from his palm and walked passed him, approaching Pedro.

"You mentioned earlier that I shouldn't involve zane and Luis in this... are you saying that they don't already know what you do?" I calmly whispered to Pedro and got nothing in reply.

"I could gladly bring them here to join you if that's what you want, maybe they would say a lot more than you already are." I said softly

Nothing came out of him but the sounds of the heavy breaths he took

"Might as well  go to their address and get them." I turned around and paced slowly to the door, inwardly hoping for a word to come out of him.

"What do you people want from me?! You have me already, so just kill me. Isn't that what you want to do?" Pedro yelled out in frustration.

"I don't want to kill you-" I tried to explain.

"But they do." He interrupted me, looking across the three men in the room.

"I just want to know why you hired someone to kill frenaldo." I said approaching him slowly.

"Because I wanted to kill him." He spat.

"Estúpido" (Asshole.) Nicolas said from a distance and rushed to Pedro with a gun pointed to his forehead.

"You're talking shit." He pressed the gun further in his skull, resisting he urge to pull the trigger.

"Tell me why this fucker is still living!" Nicolas spat.

"Aren't you anxious about what happened ? If you kill him now you would never know the full story..." I said with an unsteady voice.

"¡mierda! este hijo de puta quería venganza-" (Bullshit! This fucker wanted revenge -) Nicolas yelled.

"calmarse" (calm down)." Frenaldo interrupted Nicolas, pulling down his aim from Pedro.

"We both know you had a reason..." I said to Pedro who's head was now faced down.

"...or did someone else hire you to do it?" I asked but his face was still glued to the floor.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You rather die than expose someone?" I gripped his jaw and brought his eyes to mine.

"I don't want to kill you for just one reason, and that's why I'm being so goddamn nice. if not I would've straight up put a bullet into your fucking skull." I whispered to him.

"You don't threaten a man who isn't afraid of death. Nothing you want to hear is coming out from my mouth." He whispered back with a smug look.

"Fuck it... Rico get your keys." I backed away from Pedro and walked through the door.

———————-
"I'm here to see Luis." I said through the speakers.
"I'm sorry but Mr Luis is not here right now." A voice calmly responded .

"What about zane?" I quickly questioned.
"They are both away." She replied.

"Do you have an idea of where they went to?" I questioned.
"They took a flight earlier today." She responded.

"Where?" I interrogated

"No idea miss." She said cautiously.

I let out a sharp sigh and raked my fingers through my hair, marching back to the car.

"They aren't in the country." I mentioned, letting my head tiredly hit the rest behind me.

"Where did they go to?" Rico questioned.

"I don't know..." I admitted.

It made no sense, Zane didn't have a reason to travel out the country. We had our final exams in a few months and it would be silly to transfer schools now.

I didn't know much about Luis but I suggested he had no reason to leave too at such a short notice.

Unless they are trying to escape from something, maybe someone.

"Who are we talking about actually?" Rico asked with curiosity.

"Pedro's sons. I had a felling they would be his weak point in this situation." I replied.

"They knew we were coming."Rico stated.
"I'm sure they didn't..." I denied.

"Is there any other suitable reason to why they would've left?" He interrupted.

"I guess not." I mumbled mostly to myself.

"I just don't know what to do anymore... I'm sorry." I whispered to Rico who looked at my direction for some time .

He placed a palm on my cheeks and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, almost immediately I felt my temperature rise. 

"All this shit ain't your fault mama, you don't have to blame yourself." He stated.

"I've met a lot of fucked up people in my life and I'm glad you're not one of them." He continued. 

I could already feel my cheeks turning red.

I looked up at him and captured his eyes with mine.

God he was sexy...

"I-I should get going." I cleared my throat and turned for the door  handle.

"I'll take you home." He insisted.
"No, it's fine-" I declined.

"I wasn't asking princess. I'm taking you home."

•••

The car was filled with unwanted tension during the ride.

I caught myself taking small glances at his side profile, which for some undesired reason turned me on.

I hated this new feelings I had for him and I wanted it to stop.

"What happened days back was a mistake. I was light headed, you were light headed, we didn't know what was happening." I blurted out.

He looked at me in confusion for a few seconds before I continued.

"The day before. We're colleagues and I respect that. We shouldn't have been that close to each other." I muttered.

"That shouldn't be bothering you princess, you should've know by now that I'm a tease." He said with a noticeable grin.

"It wasn't bothering me... I just wanted to clear things out." I said nervously

"Sure mamas, you have my word."

I don't know how telling him all that could've solved anything I was feeling, but I felt just like it had to be said and the air needed to be cleared out.

We eventually got to my address after a long and silent ride.

Rowan was already at the front door, looking at me with curious eyes as I stepped down.

"See soon princess." Rico said and drove off almost immediately.

"I feel like you meet new boys everyday." He playfully said.

He can't be fucking serious right now.

"You don't know who that is?" I questioned.

"Your new boyfriend I suppose." He responded with a grin.

"Your can't be fucking serious right now... That's Rico. You haven't seen Rico?" It wasn't until now I realized Rowan haven't even laid eyes on Rico before and it made me laugh my lungs out at his previous reply.

"And you thought he was my boyfriend? Oh please." I said with tired lungs and teary eyes.

"He does call you princess though." He pointed out.

"That doesn't count." I said and shoved myself in the house.

————————-

I spent the rest of my hours on my phone, wasting the day away because I wasn't ready to go out in the real world.

I was simply scared I might see someone or something that would ruin my mood.

A knock came from the door.
"It's Rowan."

"Come in." I tiredly responded.
"I'm sorry for this, but I guess it's for the best. Please don't kill me." He said and walked in with Beth behind him.

"You both haven't spoken in days. I really don't know what happened but I suggest you both can forgive one another." He continued and immediately walked out the room.

I turned my gaze to Beth with a basket in her left hand and a slight smile on her lips.

"How could you?" I questioned.

"I don't know what came over me, I'm sorry." She replied.

"You lost yourself over a boy?" I asked but this time with a slight chuckle.

"I'm really sorry Dar, please." She looked at me with slightly tensed brows.

"He tried to rape you, but you still went back to him?" I asked and she went silent.

"You lost yourself over a boy." I repeated, unimpressed.
"H-He apologized-" She muttered

"You don't still understand. Saying sorry doesn't fix everything Beth, and it's surely not going to fix the way you treated me." I interrupted.

"I didn't mean to..." she whispered.

"But you did. You shut me out because of some a boy, you ignored me because of him and you risked our friendship for a silly ass relationship you knew wouldn't last as long as we did." I said almost in the verge of yelling, but I didn't.

Her eyes glossy, she was now in tears.
The salty liquid raced down her now red cheeks. I had nothing to say and so I didn't.

I just watched her cry on my bedroom floor and had no thoughts of consoling her.
She should at least get to feel an ounce of pain and confusion I was in that day, not once did she think to console me, not once did she think about my feelings while she blurted out her words.

Not once.

"I'm sorry Darcy, I really am. I know you just wanted to protect me, I didn't see that then-" she cried out.

"No. Because what you saw then was some sort of self concerned bitch. You didn't think to even try to take a look at what I was trying to do for you but you immediately thought I was doing it for myself." I cut in.

"Sorry I couldn't try to stay away from your love life. I would be glad to leave you and Zane alone now." I concluded.

"Zane isn't even in town at the moment, he relocated to Spain for a few months and we think we should take things slow at the moment. I didn't come here to receive forgiveness this soon, I just wanted to know if you could find it in your heart to one day forgive me for what I did and we could be like how we were before." She said in a breath but I was only able to catch was one thing.

"Zane is where?" I interrogated.

"He's in Spain, he mentioned it a few minutes ago. Why?" She asked genuinely confused at the change of discussion.

"Forward his number to me." I requested.
"What?" She asked.

"Does he keep his location on?" I questioned.

"Most times... Darcy I'm confused right now." She responded.

"Don't be. Just give me your phone..." Without much hesitation she extended her phone on my palm and I went straight to Zane's snap location and there it was, his address.

I took a screenshot and sent it to my phone accompanied with Zane's phone number, just incase.

"Dar..?" Elizabeth extended.
I shot her a small smile and walked up to her direction.

"We would talk about this later.I have to go." I whispered and walked out the entrance

Thanks for reading ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 675 51
"Do you know what they call you?" The sound of his voice bounced into my ears, finger sliding into me. "Powerful. That's what they call you" Damn h...
1.9M 60.3K 64
Mafia Dark Romance : ••••••••• she looked back and saw him coming towards her with red blood shoot eyes. She didn't even blink her eyes when he was s...
401 0 10
"Your body belongs to me, Kitten." He rasped out, cold index finger reaching out to trace over my fluttering pulse. I took an hesitant step backwards...
1.2M 20.8K 87
"Fuck." She cries as my finger enters her wet cunt, fully. "More." Giana demands. "Yeah?" I mock. "Beg. You know how this works Giana, you don't make...