š™„š™§š™žš™Øš™¤š™£š™—š™§š™šš™–š™  ā†  š˜¤.ļæ½...

By emmagrimesrhee

bad things happen to good people. šŸ’Œ carl grimes x oc šŸ¤ seasons 1-8/9 started: august 2020 finished: january... More

1: New Faces
2: Getting Out
3: Dixon Number Two
4: Rescue
5: We Can't Stay
6: CDC
7: Beyond the Butterfly
8: Highway to Hell
9: Help Them
10: One More Time
11: Walking
12: Gun Training
13: 'Well' Needed Help
14: The Barn
15: The Bar in Town
16: Knockback
17: Killing?
18: Search
19: Getting Out
20: Later
21: So We Meet Again
22: Stay Away
23: Back in Prison
24: Survivors
25: Killer Within
26: Nobody Else
27: Help
28: Brothers
29: Who
30: Unprepared
31: No Peace
32: Supply Run; Part 1
33: Supply Run; Part 2
34: Hunt
35: Welcome to the Tombs
36: Something New
37: Sickness
38: Sicker
39: Burnt Out
40: Ruined Peace
41: Too Far Gone
42: Promise
43: Claims
44: A
46: No Sanctuary
47: Strangers
48: (Hospital)ity
author's note + info :)
49: Promise
49: Coda
50: Them
51: The Distance
52: Sudden
53: What?
54: Tired
55: Are You Okay?
56: Drowning
57: First Time Again
58: Just Survive Somehow
59: Now
61: The Next World
62: Knots Untie
63: Twice as Far
64: Last Day on Earth
65: Go Getters
66: Sing Me a Song
67: Hearts Still Beating
68: Rock in the Road
69: Something They Need
70: Miracles Aren't Real
71: Bad Things Happen to Good People
72: What Comes Next

60: No Way Out

2.5K 77 168
By emmagrimesrhee

Walkers started piling inside the community, stepping on the fallen metal sheets of the wall. "Everyone, get back!" Rick yelled, pulling his gun from his holster. "Get into your houses, go!"

"Come on, we got to go." Carl told Elle who kept looking at the walkers piling in and Rick shot at them. The two began running, dodging any walkers or any thing that could trip them. Rick shot one walker that close to them, making it fall right in front of Elle, tripping her. "Elle, come on." She grabbed at her leg, the running making it burn.

"Shit, my leg." She hissed. Carl pulled her up, keeping an eye on the herd of walkers that made their way further and further into the walls.

"Can you walk?"

"Yeah, just can't run." She groaned as he lifted her back onto her feet.

"That's alright, just keep going."

"Where exactly?" She shouted over the growling as they quickly walked, trying to get away.

"There's my dad." Carl responded, pointing at Rick to was helping Deanna. They joined him, Michonne, Gabriel, and Ron following.

Deanna held her gun out and Michonne started killing walkers with her katana. Elle grabbed her knife and killed a walker just a few feet away from her. A group of walkers appeared in front of them, almost blocking them in.

"Shit." Michonne cursed, holding her katana close. Gun shots were fired and walkers started falling to reveal Jessie.

"Come on, I have Judith!" She yelled, turning to run back to her house, the small group following close behind.

They all ran up the porch steps and into the house, slamming the door shut. Rick and Michonne immediately went upstairs to lay Deanna down on a bed to treat her wounds. Carl quickly ran to the room Jessie lets Judith sleep in, making sure she was okay. The growls from the walkers outside were loud, causing Judith to cry. Rick quickly followed, and tried calming her down.

The growls, the running, the crying, the shouting. It was a lot. Elle ran her fingers through her hair as the noises all swirled into one loud, echo. "Shit." She breathed. This cannot be happening right now. "Shit." Her breathing picked up rapidly as she began pacing back forth. She shook her hands and tried taking deep breaths. Without her control, her eyes began flooding with tears and quickly began slipping down her cheeks. "No, no, no." She began panicking even more.

"Elle, I need your help- Elle?" Rick's voice called out, but it was muffled and echoing. "Shit, Carl!" He called for his son. Rick has witnessed a few of Elle's panic attacks and he knows how to help, but right now he had to barricade the door. Carl came running down the stairs, asking what was wrong. "You help her, then you two help me."

Carl quickly turned to see Elle grabbing her chest. "Hey," he quickly approached her, making sure she could see him. "Deep breaths."

"I'm trying." She took a deep inhale and slowly let it out.

"Carl, Elle!"

"Come on, come on, deep breaths." Carl nervously began looking around, seeing walkers through the windows getting closer and closer to the house as Elle continued taking deep breaths. She was quickly returning back to a relaxed state. "This is bad timing, really bad timing."

"I know, so shut the fuck up." She snapped. Carl looked a little taken back and Rick peered into the room, hearing such language come out of her mouth. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm okay now." She sniffled and wiped her face. "How's Deanna?" She asked, looking at Rick.

He shook his head. "She got bit."

Elle was hanging up anything she could to cover the windows; blankets, sheets, curtains. She used a stapler to pin them to the window frames, keeping them still so the walkers couldn't see inside.

"How's your leg?" Michonne asked, peering out the window.

"It's fine. Just a little sore." Elle answered.

"Well that's what happens when you get stabbed." Michonne offered a small smile.

"It's safe to say it hurts a lot less than getting shot." Michonne raised an eyebrow at the girl.

"When were you shot?"

"First time was a few months after the start. Right here," she lifted up her shirt to show the scar. "Second time was right here," she pointed to her right leg. "When the Governor first attacked us. It was just a graze but it bled like a bitch."

"Oh, so you'll get through this in no time, then." Elle nodded. There was a loud thud from down the hall. "You go check that out, I'm going to see how Deanna's doing." Michonne instructed. The two ran in different directions.

Elle walked down the hall, unsure as to which room the noise came from. As if on cue, a loud crash led her to the garage. She pulled her knife from her holster and grabbed the doorknob. It wouldn't turn, it was locked. She put her ear to the door, listening to what was happening inside. She could hear what sounded like fighting. Ron and Carl.

"Rick! Jessie!" She called out. "Come control your damn kids!" She tried to force the door open, no luck.
Rick and Jessie came running down the stairs.

"Carl!" He yelled, trying to open the door.

"Ron!" Both Jessie and Rick were yelling for the boys and they didn't get response.

"Carl, open the door!"

"Ron, open the door right now!"

"Back up." Rick shouted, grabbing his axe from his belt. He lifted it above his head, quickly bringing it down on the lock repeatedly until it broke. Rick opened the door, yelling for the boys to get inside as walkers piled into the garage.

Carl, Elle, Ron, and Jessie held the door closed as walkers pushed on it. "Watch out." Jessie said as Rick and Gabriel pushed the couch up against the door.

"We need more, and we need to be quieter." Rick spoke sternly yet softly.

"I'll see what I can find." Michonne said, quickly turning around to find any heavy yet movable furniture.

"Me too." Gabriel said, doing the same. Jessie and Carl quickly helped push the couch against the door.

"Hey, what happened in there?" Rick asked Carl.

"We we're looking for tools and knocked over a shelf." Carl quickly lied. Elle scoffed.

"We heard yelling." Jessie stated, not believing him.

"Yeah, Ron saw them break through the gates. We had to move. That's what happened." Carl played through the lie, making it sound believable. Elle had to give him props for that.

"Carl, there's nightstands in my mom's room we can use to brace the couch." Ron suggested.

"Hey, it sounded like you were fighting." Jessie quickly turned the subject back to the fight in the garage.

"Yeah, we were fighting them." Ron went along with Carl's story, but in an obnoxious teenage boy tone. He turned around and went down the hall.

"Carl, it's okay?" Rick asked as Carl went to follow Ron.

Carl nodded, out of breath. "It's okay." He turned around, following Ron. Rick and Jessie shared a look, neither of them believing the boy's story.

"Go make sure they don't kill each other. Now isn't exactly the time for that." Rick told Elle. She quickly followed Carl and Ron down the hallway. Before Elle could catch up, Carl closed the door. If they were moving furniture out of the room, they would keep the door open. She quickly put her ear to the door to listen in.

"Listen, I um—" Ron started.

She could hear Carl pull his gun out and click the safety off. "Give me the gun, grip first." He interrupted.

"Carl, I'm sorry." Ron sounded calm.

"Yeah, I know. Now give me the gun." Carl was pissed off, which Elle found amusing. There was a moment of silence, which Elle interpreted to be Ron giving Carl his gun. "Look, man. I get it; my dad killed your dad, but you need to know something. Your dad was an asshole." Elle rolled her eyes and opened the door.

"Are you two done?" Both boys turned to look at her as she closed the door behind her and stood next to Carl. She pulled the gun from Carl's belt and put it in her own. She never got her gun back from the armory and Carl  didn't need two. "As entertaining your little feud has been since we got here, now is not the time for you two to be shoving each other around the garage and pointing guns at each other in here." She whisper-yelled, being cautious of the walkers that clawed at the windows behind Ron.

"You," she pointed the the boy who stood in front of her. "Your dad was an asshole. You know it, too. You should also know that Enid can take care of herself, and she is alive." She turned to Carl. "And you. Your dad isn't the hero in everybody's eyes, you're going to have to deal with that." She then stepped to the side to stand in the middle of them. "Now, you said you were getting nightstands to brace the couch, so do that. If I hear you two so much as give each other shit, I will stab you both in the leg, and you'll have some bonding time in the infirmary when this is all over." Elle didn't even wait for a response before opening the door and storming back down the hall to help the others.

"Do we just wait this out?" Ryder asked, looking out the curtains, seeing all the walkers flooding the streets.

"What else can we do?" Jack asked. He and Ryder were stuck in Rick's house, having no idea where the rest of their group was. "Back away from the curtain." Ryder listened and walked over, sitting on the couch.

"We're going to die in here."

"Rick!" Jessie yelled. Walkers were piling on the other side of the door, making it harder for them to keep it shut. Rick came running into the room and pushed himself against the couch and walkers stuck their arms in, clawing at the air.

The back door was blocked off with a couple tables and a desk, but it wasn't enough. Walkers started coming into the house. "Everybody, get upstairs, now!" Michonne ordered. She pulled out her katana and killed as many as she could as the group slowly backed away from the other door, the furniture falling as the walkers pushed themselves through.

"The couch." Rick said, grabbing it to block off the stairs. Rick and Michonne positioned the couch so it wouldn't fall. "I got this one, you get the one behind it. We're gonna need at least two." Rick said, grabbing his axe and driving it through the walker's head. He then grabbed the walker, hauling it over the couch and up the stairs. "You stay here." He told Carl. "You see any more squeezing through, you get me." He spoke as he dragged the walker down the hall, and into an empty room. Carl pulled out his gun as a precaution as Michonne dragged another walker up the stairs.

"We're gonna need bedsheets, enough for everyone."

"Bedsheets for what?" Jessie asked, confused as to why they were bringing dead walkers into her bedroom.

"We all go to the armory."

"How?"

"We're gonna gut these things, cover ourselves with the insides. It'll mask our smell and make them think we're like them." He explained, crouching next to the walkers. Jessie and Ron stared at him as if he was insane. "I've done it before."

"Me too. As long as we stay calm, don't draw attention, we move right through them." Elle spoke up, setting a pile of white bedsheets on the ground.

"They're in the house, they're making noise. More are coming." Michonne warned, implying that they needed to do this fast if they wanted to live. She raised her katana and stabbed one of the walkers, cutting down its stomach while Rick had already started on the other.

Gabriel, Ron, and Jessie looked like they were going to be sick. Maybe it was the insane amount of sweat everyone was producing as the house was very hot, or the smell filling the hot air.

"Anyone who stays here will die." Rick stated.

"What about Deanna?" Gabriel asked, setting more sheets down. Instead of answering, Rick went back to cutting up the walker.

Carl stood with his arms out as Michonne covered him in guts, Elle standing the same as Rick spread guts all over her. "You're all set." Not one inch of her sheet remained white as the smell flooded her nose. "We need to move." Rick held a handful of guts for Jessie. "You, then me." She hesitated before stepping forward.

"I'll do it." She said, reaching into the walker's body and pulling guts out before spreading them all over her front.

"Mom?" Sam asked, standing outside the door. He looked terrified at what he was seeing. She stood up and turned around to explain to her son what they were doing.

"Elle, get my back." Michonne said. Elle crouched down and grabbed a handful of guts, spreading them all over Michonne's back. She did this until enough of her back was covered. Carl helped Ron while Jessie got a sheet for Sam.

"We're ready." Jessie stated, her hands on Sam's shoulders as everyone braced themselves for what's to come.

"I'll get Judith." Rick said, starting to head to where she was.

"Rick," Gabriel stopped him. "I'm not going to give up out there. I will not turn back, no matter what happens." He spoke confidently. Rick nodded his head.

"I know." He led to get his daughter.

"You've done this before?" Jessie asked Elle, worry starting to set in.

Elle nodded. "In Atlanta, there were far more walkers than this and it started raining so you can guess how scary that was." She answered. "We'll be fine. Just stay quiet and don't make make sudden movements."

Rick entered the room again and approached Carl. Elle lifted up Carl's sheet so Rick could carefully slip a silent Judith into his arms before she put the sheet back down. Rick led the group down the hallway and down the stairs.

He took a deep breath and slowly moved the couch out of the way. Elle held a tight grip on her knife as walkers started moving past them to get upstairs. The group slowly walked in a line to get out the door. They bumped shoulders with other walkers who didn't even take a second glance, proving that masking their smell was the right play.

Once everyone made it onto the porch, they stood there, surveilling the community. Walkers covered every inch of the place. Rick looked over to Michonne, nodding slowly. She nodded back. Everyone began holding hands so they wouldn't lose each other.

Rick grabbed ahold of Elle's right hand, her knife in her left. Carl reached out and grabbed her sleeve, because her hand wasn't available. She watched as everyone began holding hands. Carl turned to her and they made eye contact, silently telling each other to be careful. Rick began moving through the walkers, leading everyone else.

They moved swiftly, but not too fast so other walkers wouldn't notice. They walked down the street for a while until Rick led them off the road and into some grass. They all crowded around, still cautious of what surrounded them.

"Alright, new plan." Rick whispered. "Flares from a few guns aren't enough. Too many walkers, too spread out. We're not going to the armory." He stated. Elle and Carl turned around, keeping an eye out while Carl slightly swayed, keeping Judith calm. "We need our vehicles back at the quarry. All of us drive, we'll need to round them up. We leave, we come back." There was a moment of silence as everybody thought about the plan, it was solid.

"Okay." Jessie agreed.

"Will Jude make it to the quarry and back?" Elle asked. Rick wiped sweat from his forehead, realizing that would be a challenge.

"I'll take her." Gabriel volunteered. "I'll keep her safe in my church until you all lead the walkers away."

Michonne turned to face him. "Can you do this?"

"I'm supposed to. I have to." He turned back to Rick. "I will." Rick trusted him and Carl walked over. Rick stood in front of Gabriel and Carl so they could safely move Judith. Gabriel lightly rocked her as she began to whimper quietly.

"Take Sam." Jessie said.

"No." Sam refused.

"Yes, Sam, it'll be safer."

"I'm not leaving you. I'm not." He insisted. "I can keep going."

"Sam-"

"I can keep going. Please." Jessie nodded, agreeing. They didn't have time to argue about this. Rick turned to Gabriel.

"I'm going to keep her safe." He reassured.

"Thank you." They all watched as Gabriel slowly left and made his way into the crowd to get to his church. Rick's expression quickly changed and it was obvious he was worried about his daughter. Jessie reassured him that Judith and Gabriel were going to be just fine. Rick called Sam over and grabbed his hand.

Elle grabbed Sam's hand and Carl grabbed her other sleeve, careful not to accidentally grab the blade of her knife. When everyone was attached into one long chain, they began moving again. It was quickly getting dark, so they needed to get to the quarry fast.

The sun has set quickly, and the group was finding it difficult to get to the opening in the walls. With it being dark and the air cooled, the walkers were moving faster and growling louder.

Suddenly, Sam stopped walking and let go of Rick's hand. "Sam?" Jessie tried to get his attention focused on her instead of whatever he was looking at. "Sam, come on. Come on." He looked like he was trying not to cry.

"You can do it." Rick whispered. He shook his head.

"Yes, yes you can. Come on." Elle urged, her hand still in his. He began whimpering, holding back tears.

"Sam, just look at Mom." Ron whispered.

"Honey, you can do it." Jessie's voice was a little louder than she had intended, but the walker's growls drowned her out. He began crying. "Sam, I need you to come with me."

"I want to."

"I need you to be strong." Jessie said.

"Sam-" Not even a second later, a walker came and but Sam on the neck, another on his head. His screams rang out as he called for his mom. Elle let out a gasp as her grip was ripped from his. Jessie began yelling for Sam as she watched the walkers bring him to the ground. Ron stood in shock as tears quietly slipped down his cheeks.

"Jessie." Carl whispered, trying to get her to move.

"No!" She screamed, watching her son get torn apart.

"Jessie, come with us." Carl begged, pulling on her arm as walkers started coming toward them. "We have to go." Walkers quickly surrounded her and began feasting on her. Rick's eyes started filling up with tears as he watched the two get ripped open. Jessie screamed out in pain as the walkers dug into her, ripping her insides out as she slowly began falling to the ground.

"No." Rick whispered. Carl tried pulling his arm out of Jessie's, but her grip was strong on his wrist and she couldn't let go.

"Dad," he quietly urged. Elle tried helping by pulling on his arm. Walkers heard the screams and began making their way over. Rick snapped out of whatever trance he was in and took out his axe. "Dad?" Carl asked, Elle stepped to the side as Rick brought the axe down on Jessie's arm, multiple times until it detached from the rest of her arm. The force caused Carl to fall, knocking Elle down as well. Carl's gun fell out of his belt, landing in the grass somewhere. Carl quickly got off of Elle and offered her hand to help her stand.

Once they were both back on their feet, they looked at Rick who had a horrified look on his face. They heard the safety of a gun click off and turned to see Ron had a gun pointed at Rick. "You." He whispered, anger quickly replacing his sadness. There was no doubt that Ron blamed Rick not only for the death of his father, but also for the deaths of his mother and brother as well, leaving him alone. He held the gun up to his eye, like he was taught and he slowly moved his finger to the trigger. Michonne was quick to drive her katana through his back, killing him.

His muscles spasmed, causing him to pull the trigger as he fell. Rick and Elle ducked, looking back up to see Michonne remove her sword and let Ron's body fall. Elle turned to Carl and saw blood running down his face. She brought a hand to her mouth as he slowly raised his head to face his father. "Dad?" Carl caught the stray bullet, his left eye gone.

"Carl." Rick's voice was shaky and Carl passed out. He quickly picked him up, they didn't care if the walkers saw them anymore. Elle grabbed the hat that fell off of Carl's head and followed right behind Rick as Michonne led them to the infirmary, killing any walkers that got in the way.

As they ran up the porch, Denise swung the door open and Rick quickly placed Carl on a gurney. "This is a gunshot?" She shouted.

"Handgun, close range." Michonne answered, shutting the door.

"Please save him. Please." Rick was a mess. Elle tossed the hat on the ground and couldn't help but look at the wound in Carl's face. She took the sheet off and ran her fingers through her hair, crying.

"This can't be happening." Her best friend in the entire world was laying on a table with a bullet in his face. All the voices around her morphed into one big muffled sound as she watched everyone run around frantically.

Michonne helped Rick get his sheet off and he wiped his face as he back away so they could work on Carl. He turned to look out the window, seeing all the walkers come towards the infirmary. He pulled his axe from his belt and opened the door. "What are you doing?" Michonne's voice rang out. Elle looked up to see Rick willing to take on the walkers with just his axe. "Rick!" He shut the door behind him, ignoring the calls.

"Elle, come here." Denise ordered. Elle quickly made her way over. "Hold this gauze right here." She had Elle hold the white gauze right in the gaping wound, it quickly turning red. She continued crying. The gauze grew warm as it soaked up more blood than it could hold.

"Please do something." She begged, her voice cracking as her hand began turning red with fresh blood.

"Just calm down." Spencer spoke softly.

"My hand is literally inside of his face!" She shouted, gesturing to the fact that her hand was where Carl's eye once was.

"Here, let me take over." Heath said, taking the gauze so she could step aside. She wiped her forehead, unknowingly smearing blood on her face.

"Hey, I have to go help Rick." Michonne told Elle, setting both hands on her shoulders. Elle nodded frantically. Michonne walked over to Carl and gave him a quick kiss on the forehead before removing her sheet and announced that she was going out. "He needs help, he can't take them all on by himself." She unsheathed her katana and opened the door, closing it behind her.

Aaron, Heath, and Spencer all shared a look before agreeing to all go outside to help Rick and Michonne. Denise called Elle back over now that all her hands were gone. "Just hold his head straight." She instructed. Elle sniffled as she held both of Carl's cheeks and held his head still. His skin was still warm.

There was shouting coming from outside, causing Elle to turn toward the window. "If you want to go help, I got this from here." Denise said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, go help them." Elle thanked her and gave Carl's hand a light squeeze before grabbing her knife and swinging the door open. In an instant, it was as if her sorrow turned into anger. She slammed the door shut and stabbed the first walker she saw at the bottom of the porch steps.

She could see where everyone was starting to group together as more people started coming outside to help. Elle started making her way over to the group, stabbing walkers that grabbed at her. "Holy shit, you're okay?" She heard Jack's voice. She turned to be met with the tall blonde. "I had no idea where you were."

"We were out here, trying to get to the quarry." She shouted over the growls, reaching forward and killing a walker.

"What happened? Why'd you stop?" He shouted, killing two walkers.

She took a deep breath, not wanting to relive the moment that happened just minutes prior. "Now's not the time." The walkers were closing in on the group, moving faster. Elle drove her knife through the skull of one walker, pulled it out and immediately killed another. Her arms began to feel tired at the repetitive process. One walker was coming at her from the front, another from her side. She used her leg to push one of them away, feeling a sharp pain, and killed the other one. She tried to walk closer to the group, as they were practically back to back and this point while the walkers surrounded them on every side, but she couldn't put any weight on her leg without wanting to grab her leg in pain.

"You okay?" Rosita asked from her side. Elle only nodded before killing a walker that was close to grabbing at her shirt, almost falling with it. She limped a few steps forward to kill another. Rick was yelling something out but Elle couldn't hear over the growls.

The walkers kept closing in, making the space they had even smaller. It was getting harder and harder to fight them off. Suddenly, there was a huge light. Elle looked over to see the pond lit on fire. She then looked over to see Daryl standing on top of a gasoline truck, holding some sort of huge gun, though it was hard to see. She could see Enid helping Maggie off of the watch platform.

"Keep going! Just keep pushing!" Rick shouted as some walkers began being drawn by the fire, lessening the amount that was practically on top of the group. Elle pushed past the pain in her leg and drove her knife through walker after walker.

Everyone fought the hardest they've ever fought. After a few minutes, you could see a drastic drop in the number of walkers. Rick continued to shout encouraging words as people were covered in blood. They slashed, stabbed, decapitated any walker within their reach, spraying more and more blood on themselves. The growls got quieter, and the streets were filled with dead walkers.

Rick let out a yell as he drove his axe through the last walker standing.

All of the adrenaline wore off and the pain in Elle's leg settled once again, causing her to fall to her knees to catch her breath. "Come on." Daryl held out his hand and Elle graciously took it, lifting herself up.

"Where the hell were you?" She asked, using her sleeve to try and wipe at her face, with barely any luck.

"Long story."

Denise finished cleaning up the new stitches in Elle's leg. "You're all good to go, be careful from now on." Elle thanked the woman and did her best to walk out to the porch where the rest of the group who had the courage to take on the massive horde of walkers sat, covered in blood.

Everyone was waiting for someone to get checked out, or they wanted an update on Carl. Normally, she would be chewing off her fingernails at a time like this, but with her hands covered in both Carl's and countless walker's blood, she decided it would best if she didn't stick her fingers in her mouth.

She waited nervously when she saw someone come around the corner. "Glenn?" The man smiled when he saw the blonde quickly make her way over to him and embrace him in a tight hug. He didn't have a care in the world that she looked absolutely disgusting and hugged her back. "Stop making me think you're dead." She said, her voice muffled by his shirt.

"You've done the same probably six more times than I have." He laughed. His eyes landed on Rick who had bright red eyes, but was happy to his friend again. "Hey, what's going on?" Glenn asked as Elle pulled away. Rick looked like he was going to answer, but instead looked down, rubbing his hands together.

"There was an accident with Carl." Elle spoke in a whisper.

"What kind of accident?" Enid asked, sitting on the porch railing. Elle hadn't even noticed her there before.

"Ron shot him," she paused, looking over at Rick. Instead of saying where Carl was shot, Elle pointed at her right eye, implying that that was were Carl was shot.

"Oh my god, is he okay?" Glenn asked, also growing worried. She shrugged.

"Denise said he should be." Almost as if on cue, Denise stepped outside.

"You can come see him if you'd like." She told Rick. He looked up at her and it was as if he hesitated. He looked over at Elle and nodded for her to go in first.

She followed Denise inside and led her to the room Carl was in. "Maybe wash you hands first." Elle looked down at her hands, realizing that would in fact be a good idea. She walked out of the room and over to the sink, putting a bunch of soap on her hands. She lathered the soap and rinsed her hands off, the blood coming off easily. She dried her hands before walking back into the room.

She closed the door behind her and walked over to sit on the chair beside the bed. Carl lied on the bed, unconscious with bandages wrapped around his face. Elle took a deep breath, thinking of what to say. She didn't even know if he could hear her, but she wanted to talk to him either way. "I'm sorry," she started. "I got kind of jealous that you were making all these friends and I wasn't and that wasn't fair because I did the same thing at the prison. Even though one of your 'friends' just shot you in the face." She mumbled the last sentence before taking another deep breath. "But hey, welcome to the 'Fatal Gunshot Club,' as your dad calls it. You already have the hat." She joked, trying to make herself feel better. She thought of anything else she could possibly say.

"You were right, about Enid. She's alive and she's waiting right outside, I know you guys like each other, which is pretty cool, I'm cool with it— not that you need any sort of approval or anything." She quickly defended herself. "Ugh, this is so hard, I don't know what to say." She sighed, leaning forwards in the chair to rest her elbows on the bed. "I still have nightmares, about a lot of things— everything, almost. About the prison, that time one of the prisoners almost killed me, oh and that time I was dangling off of the watch tower," she shook her head. "That was fun. Being on the road, Terminus, the hospital, finding Jack that night, all of it. Every night. I think about going to your room like I did that one night, but you always seem to sleep so peacefully and I never want to disturb you because of some stupid dream."

She grabbed Carl's hand. "If you do that cheesy thing where you squeeze my hand right as I'm about to leave and confess that you heard everything, I will set this place on fire." She joked. She let go of his hand, wanting to get Rick so he could come sit with his son. "Thank you for being my best friend. Please wake up soon." She whispered, standing up and leaving to get Rick. She quietly closed the door as she left, making her way to the porch.

Rick quickly stood up and walked inside. "How is he?" Michonne asked.

"Sound asleep."

"He'll be fine, he's a tough kid." Daryl chimed in. Elle nodded, agreeing. She knew Carl would be okay, it was just a matter of when. Not only, when would he wake up? But, when would he be himself again? His lost his eye and a good portion of the area around it, he wouldn't just bounce back and be normal again. He has no choice but to cope with the fact that part of him was now physically missing, and that could mess with him mentally.

The only thing Elle knew for sure, was that if Carl needed anything from her, she would be there for him. It was the least she could do.

_____________________
sorry this is actually flaming garbage, but hey— it's published a week after the last chapter, which is a huge improvement from months between each chapter.

also I didn't proofread this simply because I didn't want to, so if there are mistakes of any kind, you know what I meant

as usual, give feedback, predictions, ect. idk how you guys aren't sick of hearing that but it is what it is.

ily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

295K 4.6K 200
{This story follows the storyline of the show but I added a few other parts into it.} Daryl has a younger sister named Maddie. When Rick first arrive...
36.2K 886 49
"feeling so tired, really falling apart" t.walking dead daryl dixon x fem! oc season 1 - season 11 slow burn start: april 18, 2022 WARNING: any imag...
176K 5.5K 62
s2 onwards Started: March 1st 2023
14.3K 193 50
When Emris Croft fled her home from walkers she joins a group near the big city, Atlanta. She meets a man, he was a douche to her but will he be her...