Hidden Love (Scoups)

By anyac01

COMPLETED Park Nabi has a secret. She is in a secret relationship of Choi Seungcheol of Seventeen. And no... More

~
My Works
𝟷...ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
𝟸...ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛᴇᴅ
𝟹...sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇᴅ? ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ɴᴏᴛ
𝟺...ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇᴅ
𝟻...ᴀᴡᴋᴡᴀʀᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇs
𝟼...ᴍɪᴀ ᴍᴇᴀɴs ᴍɪssɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
𝟽...ᴀ sᴛᴀʀʀʏ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ
Announcement
𝟾...ᴇᴍᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄʏ ᴄᴀʟʟs
𝟿...ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴅɪᴍᴡɪᴛ
𝟷𝟶...sɴᴏᴡғʟᴀᴋᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴋɪssᴇs
𝟷𝟷...sᴇɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
𝟷𝟸...ᴜɴᴀɴɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇᴅ
𝟷𝟹...ʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ
𝟷𝟺...ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡʜɪᴛᴇ
𝟷𝟻...ʀᴇʟᴇᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴs
𝟷𝟼. . .ᴄᴏɴғʀᴏɴᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴs
𝟷𝟽. . .sᴇᴄʀᴇᴛs
𝟷𝟿...ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇssᴇs
𝟸𝟶...ᴍᴏᴠᴇ ᴏɴ
𝟸𝟷...sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ
𝟸𝟸....ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴢᴇʀᴏ
𝟸𝟹...ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴅʟᴇs
𝟸𝟺...ᴀ sᴜɴᴋᴇɴ sʜɪᴘ
𝟸𝟻...ғᴏᴏʟ
𝟸𝟼...ᴇɴᴄᴏʀᴇ
𝟸𝟽...ғᴏʀᴍᴀʟ ɪɴᴠɪᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
𝟸𝟾...sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ!
𝟸𝟿...sᴘʀɪɴɢ ʙʟᴏssᴏᴍs
𝟹𝟶 . . .ᴘɪᴄᴋ ᴜᴘ
𝟹𝟷. . .ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀᴏᴋᴇɴ ᴘɪᴇᴄᴇs
𝟹𝟸. . .ᴏɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴏɴᴇ
𝟹𝟹 . . . ᴄʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ
𝟹𝟺 . . . ᴀ ʙʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴍᴏʀʀᴏᴡ

𝟷𝟾. . .ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴ

4.4K 128 31
By anyac01

February 3rd, 2022

"Hey! This one is on me," Nabi looked up to see Jang placing down another coffee drink on her table with a tiny post-it attached to it, a smiley face drawn on it.

"Oh. . ." Nabi smiled politely, bowing her head ever so slightly, "Thank you so much but you really don't have too."

"Nonsense. You deserve more," Jang said, brushing her concerns away.

It was now Nabi's second day back to work and everyone in the office has been treating her as if she made out of special glass that says "handle with care". Jang is practically dropping tiny vitamin drinks or canned coffees on her table around five times a day just to keep her well fed and everyone else is passing her citrus fruits and other healthy foods.

At first Nabi enjoyed the special attention but now its starting to get overwhelming. Especially knowing that she can't concentrate properly on her work when her co-workers are continuously sending her looks of sympathy and concern. Apparently, alongside her lack of nutrition, the word also spread that Nabi practically has no other family other than her brother.

Slowly turning back in her wheeled chair towards her large desktop screen, Nabi continued to make the edits and suggestions she was making on Mia's book alongside drafting an email she had to send to the publicist regarding Jay's Unexpected Fate Netflix release.

She had missed work for a few days and already her work was piled up for her. Nabi wished she could stay behind late at the office to wok but none of her co-workers, neither does Jang are letting her stay behind anytime soon. According to the doctor, staying behind at work could be another stress factor for her which triggered her fainting. Nabi wished she could argue back against them but her quite and shy nature doesn't help her in regard and so she just works at home late instead. It's not like they can stop her at her home.

Nabi looked at her phone when she felt it buzz on the table, seeing that Suho had messaged her.

Suho:
Do you want to eat dinner together later?

Nabi picked up her phone and quickly typed in a reply.

Nabi:
Sure but make it quick. I have a lot of work overdue.

Suho:
Okay.
I"ll text you the address of the place.

Nabi:
What place?

Suho:
Just this restaurant I want to try out

Nabi:
You're making me come along because you want time to pay, don't you

Suho:
I"ll see you there. By when can you make it

Nabi:
I"ll see you at seven thirty

Nabi put her phone back away with a knowing look. For a moment she was actually pelaseantly surprised that Suho wanted to eat dinner with her but now she knows that he only wants her to tag along so she can pay for his expense meal. At least he's being a bit nicer about it now. Nabi had noticed that ever since she had fainted, Suho had started to treat her slightly less like a walking ATM and a bit more like a human being.

Even the tiniest of changes seemed lik huge improvements to her and she welcomed this newer behavior.

Nabi concentrated again on her work, eager to leave as soon as she can to eat dinner before going home and calling it a day. Her tiny apartment came with a mini bathtub and although Nabi rarely uses it, today she just felt like sitting in the bathtub and soaking her body in hot water and relax while put on a face mask. Today isn't even a weekend but Nabi felt like pampering herself a bit.

After all, she never really got a chance to celebrate and congratulate herself on Unexpected Fate getting a Netflix deal. Behind the scenes, it is really Nabi's hard work which had made the Webtoon so popular nation wide and internationally. She can certainly expect a pay raise soon. Now maybe she could also be able to start saving money and eventually move to a better place than her crappy old rooftop place.

Nabi was one of the first people to leave the office when she decided to head towards dinner, walking towards the bus stop to catch the public transportation. Nabi is already running a bit late and taking a taxi will probably be faster but the taxi fare is just so expensive and with the rising inflation, it got even more expensive.

Besides, Nabi's office is located in a rather posh and expensive area of Seoul and the address of the restaurant Suho had texted her was also located somewhere nearby. She wouldn't take too long to reach either way.

When Nabi finally walked up to the steps of a quite fancy looking restaurant with gigantic chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, the reception lady, who looked like she wore even more expensive clothes than Nabi ever owned, walked up to her and politely smiled.

"Do you have a reservation ma'am?" The reception lady asked.

The last time Nabi was addressed as ma'am was when a five year old kid mistook her as a fifty year old lady in the supermarket a couple of months back. After that, Nabi had headed straight for the beauty store and bought some high-end skin care products.

"Yes. I think my brother had made a reservation here for dinner," Nabi said, remembering that Suho had mentioned something about a reservation earlier, " Park Suho?"

"Ah yes," The reception lady said, "Please follow me. This way please."

The lady led Nabi into the restaurant and around large circular people with guests dining in sophisticated manner. She stared at the interior around her, taking in everything from the magnificent glass chandeliers to the lush red carpets to the sounds of fine crockery being eaten on. She was in awe of the place as she has never eaten at such a fancy restaurant before and yet at the same time she can't help but already think about the bill this place will cost. Surely Suho wouldn't have picked such an out of budget place for them to grab dinner.

Nabi was expecting a Korean BBQ place, not French cuisine.

Yet her biggest shock had yet to come.

If Nabi was surprised at seeing the location her brother had picked out for them, she was shell-shocked when she saw her mother sitting next to Suho at the dinner table the lady had led her too.

At first Nabi wasn't entirely sure if she was hallucinating or seeing things but when she saw her mother look over at her and smile far to sweetly for her taste, Nabi knew she was most definitely real.

"Nabi! It's been a while," Nabi's mother casually commented.

Suho looked up at this brightened up when he saw his sister.

"Nona! You're finally here," Suho said, "We already ordered a starter. I hope you don't mind."

Nabi overcame her shock and acknowledged her brother before finally responding to her mother, choking out, "M-mom. . .its been a while."

Realizing that she was still standing up and probably looking like an idiot too, Nabi sat down and said, "I didn't know you were coming to."

"Oh, I asked mom to come along. I thought it would be nice for the three of us to catch up together and bond," Suho informed.

Nabi raised an eyebrow. Last she checked, Suho and her mother didn't really have a relationship that went beyond wishing 'Happy birthday'  and 'Happy New Year'. In fact, Nabi didn't even know Suho had their mother's number. He usually always asked her for their mother's number if he ever wanted to contact her.

"I hope you don't mind. I don't want to intrude on some sibling time," Their mother said to her.

"Oh no. . .not at all," Nabi said.

"That's great!" Their mother beamed, "I can't remember the last time we three ate together."

"Maybe its because we haven't actually ever eaten together," Nabi thought but kept her thoughts to herself. Instead she asked, "What is this place anyways?"

"It's this really elite French restaurant that opened in the autumn of last year," Suho took the liberty of explaining, "I've only been here twice before but the food is really really good Noona. You will like it. Trust me."

Nabi nodded, examining the gold plated dessert fork and asked, "What about you mom? Did you know this place?"

"Of course I do. Who do you think took Suho here the first time," Their mother spoke in a tone which made Nabi feel like a three years old getting scolded, "David really likes French cuisine so we always come here to dine."

It took Nabi ten seconds to realize that David is her mothers boyfriend.

"Oh, you and David are still together?" Nabi asked bluntly, "How long has it been?"

"It's already been six months," Their mother beamed happily.

Six months might be a short time for most people but six months is definitely a milestone for Nabi's mother.

"Oh right!" Her mother suddenly said as if she just remembered something, "Suho told me you fainted the other day. How's that now."

Nabi paused in surprise and said, "You knew I fainted?". Nabi spoke in an accusing tone, a different sense of edge in he voice and anyone else could have easily seen that Nabi was angered but their mother remained clueless.

"I-I told her the next day," Suho spoke quietly, picking up on Nabi's mood

"Yes, he said something about fatigue or something like that. What exactly did you faint for again?" Their mother asked, busy taking a sip of her red wine.

"You knew I fainted and yet you didn't even bother calling me once?" Nabi spoke in an accusing tone.

"Well I've been busy with my life. So many things were going on so I just didn't-"

"It takes two minutes to give someone a call. Surely you could have spared two minutes of your precious life," Nabi spoke annoyingly.

Nabi doesn't care if other people call her or check up on her or not. They aren't her family so they aren't obliged to continuously call on her and make sure its all right but certainly Nabi can expect her mother to check up on her. Especially considering that she knew Nabi was sick and unwell. It just stung that their mother still prioritized her useless life over Nabi's hardworking one. Some people truly do not ever change.

This time her mother did pick up on the hostility in Nabi's voice and narrowed her eyes and spoke, "You do realize I have other things going on in my life too."

Nabi opened her mouth the bite back something spark but the waiter came and saved her mother from Nabi. Nabi closed her mouth in a firm line and waited in patience as the server placed down a dish Nabi has never even seen or heard in her life.

Once the waiter was gone, Nabi picked up her fork and practically stabbed the food in front of her, speaking up, "Now I'm genuinely curious. What is it that has you so busy that you couldn't even spare time to call you unwell daughter."

"If you must know then last month David asked me to move in with him and his kids," Their mother announced, sounding rather proud, "It's been hectic settling in with their family and moving all my belongings in their home. The environment he lives in is completely different from what I grew up in so I was having a busy time adjusting."

"You moved in with David?" Nabi asked in shock.

"Yes I did," She confirmed.

"Mom, you know moving in with someone is serious business right?" Nabi stated, in even more shock. Their mother is not a family person. How the hell did she even think moving in with someone and his two kids is a good idea.

"Well David is just so perfect and kind. Things are moving a bit fast with him but I don't mind. The children are just so loving and adorable that they make it even more beautiful at home," Their mother said.

"Hold on. If you've moved in with your boyfriend then what happened to the apartment you were living in? Did you let it go?" Nabi asked, suddenly remembering something important.

"Of course I did. Why would I keep it around?" Nabi's mother answered.

Nabi frowned, a feeling of betrayal an mistrust coming up as she asked, "Then why are you still taking money for rent from me?"

"Well its always good to have extra money on hand," Her mother answered.

"I give you enough money aside from the rent and bills to last you more than you ever need," Nabi pointed out, "Didn't you think you should have at least informed me that you were moving out? I would have at least stopped sending you rent money and it could have been used somewhere else."

"Jesus Christ! You and your money. Just like your father. So what if I took a months rent money from you? I wanted money on my hands just in case something ever happens. It's safe money. And what I do with my life is none of your business. I'm not your slave that I need to inform you of my every move! Also could you please eat with some manners. You're embarrassing me with the amount of food you're stuffing in your face. It's so uncivilized. Especially for a lady."

Nabi ignored her mothers comments on her antics and instead trying to press more on the matter when Suho tried to change the topic and say, "Mom do you know Unexpected Fate?"

"Unexpected Fate? No, I don't think I do. What it is?" Their mom asked, thinking hard and appearing puzzled.

"It's this webtoon that's been blowing up these days. You might have seen its poster some where on the internet before," Suho explained, "It's about this young man who develops the power of altering time and space because of human experiments."

Nabi's mother thought hard for a moment before a look of realization dawned on her face and she said, "Oh is it about that boy who's always going back in time to change accidents and he wants to go back and stop his mom from dying?"

Both Nabi and Suho looked extremely impressed and Suho couldn't help but ask, "Yeah. . .how do you know all that?"

"Oh, Jieun tells me all about it all the time. She's obsessed with it. Apparently they are making it into a drama too. I've already promised her I'll watch it with her otherwise she'll be so upset," Their mom explained as if it were the most natural thing ever.

Nabi frowned and asked, "Who's Jieun?" She quickly side glanced at her brother, wanting to see if he is as equally as confused as she is but saw that he only bore and expressionless face.

"You don't know Jieun?" This time it is Nabi's mother who is frowning, "David's daughter."

Oh.

Oh.

Of course.

"She's such an angel. Literally the most perfect child. David and I are so blessed to have her around. She really is a gorgeous and competent daughter," Nabi's mother said, casually putting another bite in her mouth, "But what about Unexpected Fate?"

Nabi didn't know how Suho felt but she certainly felt like someone had slapped her across the face and pierced her heart multiple times when she heard her mother speak on how someone else's child is more precious to her. She tightly gripped her fork, her knuckles turning white from anger and her jaw clenched down tightly while Nabi lost all the appetite she had earlier.

"Did you know Nabi is the one who's actually publishes and edits it? She's overlooking the entire process of it turning into a drama. She meets up with their author every week and goes over each episode and each scene," Suho told their mother excitedly.

"Oh really?" Nabi's mother looked at her in surprise, "I didn't know that. That's surprising. Weren't you working as an engineer? When did you change fields?"

Nabi blinked, not even believing her own ears yet she isn't too surprised. "I've been working as an editor and publisher for nearly the last three years."

"But weren't you in engineering school. What did you get your degree for again?" Their mom asked, thinking again.

Nabi could tell that even Suho as beginning to get uncomfortable. Knowing her brother, she knows that he is probably regretting arranging this dinner in the first place.

"I never got my degree, mom. I never graduated University," Nabi answered coolly.

"You dropped out of college? Whatever for?" Nabi's mother asked shocked, as if this were the first time she is hearing of this.

"I didn't have the money. Couldn't afford it," Nabi said.

"Couldn't you have taken out a loan"

"Didn't qualify for it. Besides I had to arrange money for Suho's school and grandma's surgery too," Nabi said, "I asked you for help but you were too busy vacationing in Bali to pick up my calls."

"Really. I don't remember any of this," Their mother said.

Nabi put on a fake sweet smile on her face and mockingly said, "It's okay. It's not this was something truly important in my life. You didn't miss out on much."

"Hmm. . .I suppose that's true," Nabi's mother said before her phone rang loudly and she pulled it out of her hand purse to see who was calling her. "Sorry, its David. I'll be right back," Their mother excused herself before getting up and walking away.

Nabi didn't even waste a single second and asked, "Since when did the two of you get so close?"

"She reached out to me late last year and we started re-connecting. You know its been really nice to have a parent back in my life," Suho asked.

"Why didn't you tell me any of this?" Nabi asked, not bothering to mask the hurt in her voice.

"I honestly had no idea you didn't know. I had thought she reached out to you too," Suho said, "Listen, I know she hasn't been the best mom ever but we all are adults now so why can't we just look forward to our future now. Just because she wasn't there before, doesn't mean she won't be there in the future."

"She doesn't even know anything about me," Nabi pointed out, "Are you sure she even knows what your full name is."

Suho ignored her jabs and said, "Why can't you just be a bit more nicer and less mean. She's trying her best."

"She literally forgot that she forced me to drop out of college she stole all my savings and ran away without a word to go on a trip with her week old boyfriend to Bali," Nabi said bluntly.

Suho closed his eyes in irritation and tried not to roll his eyes, "Can you please just try to move on from the past. You know its been really nice to get to know her these past few months and I don't want to loose it all just because you can't stop being petty and mean. Can you just please for once get over your money talk and try to actually be like a family!"

"Fine!" Nabi snapped, "But don't come crying to me when she abandons us once again. It's only a matter of time."

I'm so sorry for not updating for so damn long (crying emoji). But I'm finally here with an update so I hope you all really enjoy it. Thank you all for those who patiently waited for me to update. I love you guys to death.

I have an internship starting for two months from the first week of July and I will be working five days a week, full time and as much as I wish I could update weekly, I honestly can't promise anything for this. Of course I will update during the summer but it may not be as frequently as it has been before. Honestly, Hidden Love is the hardest book I've ever written and it takes me a lot of time and concentration to write even one chapter which is why updates may become less frequent during the summer while I'm on my internship. But my other book is much much easier to write so I can definitely promise I'll be updating that one more frequently.

Thank you so much for being so patient!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 3.9K 83
Jeonghan, a powerful CEO and feared mafia boss, finds himself forced into marriage with Portia, the heir to a prestigious beautyline empire. At firs...
34.8K 1.3K 32
A story about 13 boys who were meant to meet and save each other. There will be romance. Be prepared. This is only a fanfic and has nothing to do w...
19.8K 271 10
What would it be like if Choi Seungcheol is your boyfriend... Dating an idol. Not as easy as it seems..
26.3K 718 43
„Why do you always help me? Do you think I am pitiful?" I ask him while he is still looking and smiling at the beautiful sun which is setting. „I he...