A Shadow Person

By Chimera_Regarion

A shadow is a hero that works in the shadows of a limelight hero, doing everything they can to ensure that th... More

What you mean Shadow?
A new heroes shadow
Endeavor...
My job takes priority
An Underground hero vs a shadow!
The Todoroki Family
A shadow can never survive....
What's a shadow?
... Lack of Security...
This kid is different...
The invite
Training
LOV? What's that?! Can I eat it?
Out stealthed
What is that?
You call that luck?!
The Idiot on the phone...
Breakfast chatting
Calls over Calls
Kid, we going UA...
Rest
Imposters think alike
Zero Fate
As I thought
Uncovered truth!
You know him?
My curiosity killed me.... Check mate!
A Living Person!
Shadow in the Underground

A weakness?

3.1K 154 29
By Chimera_Regarion

I knew what it meant to be seen with my hero. I knew the consequences the hero commission taught us if we were ever to be seen with them. We were shadows. We were none existence and as such beings, we were not allowed to leave any trace behind that indicates that we were alive.

This was why I couldn't go with the hero eventho he offered it to me. Not only that but I had better things to do. I was a bit hungry so what?! It wasn't as if I didn't survive until now with some food every 3 days or so.

Me: Look I appreciate everything but this is going to far. 

I finally started looking up at the hero while talking to him. It took me a while to figure out what I was feeling and it was attachment and happiness. Both of the feelings were bad for me. I wasn'T allowed to feel this way. I couldn't! I would risk everything. 

I have to distance myself.

It's just a day I've been here and he makes me feel like a human again...

I can't have that.

I will want to feel like this more.

This is dangerous!

I have to get away from him!

This is definitelly not good.

I don't deserve this!

Endeavor: Guess we having sometihng ordered here then. 

Me: Didn't you hear me?

Endeavor: I did but if it is just because you are a shadow, then let me order it here.

Me: No thank you.

Endeavor: Izu, you are too light and hungry. If you gonna be my shadow then you will have to start eating properly.

Me: That has nothing to do with my ability to fight or protect you.

Endeavor: Izu, listen. I am used not to have a shadow. I can fight and protect myself. You are now in Japan and not in America anymore. The hero commission here is different.

Me: How do you know that?

Endeavor: Believe me Izu. I know.

Me: OH YOU KNOW NOTHING!

Endeavor: ....

Me: I am sorry... I just can't get attached to you. Thank you for making me feel like a human again but this is as far as this is going.

That was all I said before running towards the hatch which was 3 meters above the ground. I still had my ways to get up and out of the room. Thankfully the hero let me go and I stayed in the hatch the whole day being close to my hero in case he needed something. This was my job. This was what I was doing and used to do.

I can't get him in danger because I get to attached...

This is more than dangerous.

What if I get too attached and then make a mistake?

What if the underworld is coming after me?

What if he gets in trouble because someone made a connection between me and him?

I can't have that.

I can't afford to lose another hero.

I just can't!

As I was thinking towards myself, all of the sudden I saw a delivery guy coming into the office. He had a couple of plastic bags filled with food with him. Endeavor took all of them and it was only after the delivery guy left that he took a chair went to the hatch where I was and stood on it with a bag. It was obvious that he was offering it to me and it smelled soo good too.

Endeavor: Take it. I understand if you don't want to be seen.

I could tell how much he thought about this and decided to take it from him and eat it right where I was hiding.

Endeavor: You don't have to say a word Izu. Just listen to me.

As if I would say a word...

I am a shadow...

I've already talked too much.

Endeavor: There was a tme the hero commission wanted to have my son Touya for his blue flames. I was against it of course but they were persistent. It all pilled up and in the end I went over to talk with them and burned down a fourth of their building. They had to evacute the whole building.... It was quite the sight but what was is important is that I found a child. He was 6 at that time and had red wings.

Hawks....

I heard about him.

He is apperently the fastes hero in Japan.

Endeavor: I managed to get the hero commission to give him more freedom and also give me the schedule they planned for his training. The kid was small back then and he immediately befriended my son...

Looks like he had some insanly luck.

No one escapes the hero commission this easy.

Edeavor: Izu, I want you to know that the hero commission will not touch me. I build a reputation up all by myself and I know another beeing that is far more dangerous than them.

I bet it is Nezu.

That rat is the only beeing from what I know about that can rival them.

But I would never get in contact with that rat.

He is a god but also a Satan from what I heard from the hero commission.

They all were glad that we never had a chimera like that in America.

It was also the reason why Project chimera was shut down after they heard the problems going on in Japan.

I wonder if Nezu is the product of that project here...

Welp...

Better not get my nose in that stuff.

It doesn't concern me aftre all.

All I have to do is keep my hero safe.

I slowly got out the food from the plastic bag which he reached up to give me and saw that it were some sushi. It looked good too. Besides the sushi there were also some rice with some vegtables and fish. It looked good and it was warm so I started eating while listening to the hero.

Endeavor: Things don't work here like in America. You are the fisrt shadow here and with me as your hero, I want you to be free. No one has you under controll and you are your own master. You don't have to do this if you don't want too.

Me: ... I do.

Endeavor: Hm?

I could tell that he was now sitting right on that chair and eating his food while I was up in the hatch with mine.

Me: I admire heroes like you and I want to do something to make sure they can do the best they can. It might not be the best being a hero but I feel at ease doing what I do. I know it has a greater purpose after all.

Endeavor: If that is how you see it, then that is good.

Me: I might not have wanted to become one but I've been one for soo long. I don't know anything else.... Besides I am also contributing my part this way.

Endeavor: You know... if you want to be something else you can tell me.

Something else?

How can I be something else when I don't know anything besides being a shadow?

Me: No, thank you.

Endeavor: Okay. Tho I will make sure that you are alright Izu. You are one of my people now. I will protect you as much as you protect me.

That was all he said before we both continued eating out food in silence. I appreciated what he said more than he knew. It meant a lot and it showed me how different he was from the heroes I knew.

I am glad I am your shadow...

I don't want a good hero like you to perish...

I'll stay a shadow...

I'll be your shadow till the end.

The worlds needs heroes like you more than me...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.1K 1.6K 14
Without any control over his mind, Izuku went haywire. With his quirk was limited to a small percentagehe couldn't do anything but go crazy even more...
144K 4.9K 30
Izuku couldn't believe what happened. It was not as if he already lost enough in his life... So why are these two people here wanting to adopt him? I...
94.6K 3.4K 16
With nothing left to lose, one might say that killing oneself might be the best option, but what if that doesn't work? Izuku Midoriya, a seemingly qu...
158K 5K 20
Thanks to Izuku's quirk, he was left behind, abandoned by his own mother. For her, his wings were a curse and not a blessing, including his healing q...