Never Let Go - Danisnotonfire...

By phangirlingweirdo

- won first place in the summer 2015 x reader fanfiction awards - You feel like your life is one big existent... More

a/n: disclaimer
Introducing You...
Landlord Peasant
And So It Begins...
Don't Stalk Me!
Hello Internet!
Too Many Innuendos...
Twenty Questions
"My Rambling is... Cucumber?"
The Interview
"What is my life?!"
Abused... Bruised... Alone?
The Aftermath
Diagnosis and a Tour
Annoying Cashier
Advice with Dan
Skyping Feels
Youtube...?
Spaghetti and Damp Clothes
Stay with me...
Soggy Cereal
Artistic Attempts
Heart-to-Hearts in a Cupboard
Hangover
Awkward... >.<
Llamaaaa :3
Guitar Hero
Danosaurs be craaazzzyyy
"A winky friendship is a good friendship."
Pancakes
Sherlock is Bae
Movie Marathon
Advice with Phil *cue jingle*
Shiz happens.
"You're ruining my liveshow!"
Waffles and Horror Movies
Awkward Experiences
Cooking and Arguments
Friends Again...?
Phan... Sorta.
The Inner Badass
Twister and Ice Cream
The Deep, Dark World of Tumblr
Visitors
GULLIBLE.
The Fairground
Looking for the Lion
The Postman ruins Everything.
Announcements and Turnips
Gertrude...
Third Video!
Mario Kart and Liveshows
a/n: omg!
Shopping and Cereal
Stirfry and Complete Failures
Zoe's Party - Part One
Zoe's Party - Part Two
The Worst Party Ever?!
Twitter Troubles
CACTUS ASSAULT
Making Up and Strange Dreams
Treeee!
Minty
Phil's Date
Piggy Backs
Salted Caramel Brownies
a/n: 2k?!
The London Eye and Games
Phangirls and Embarrassing Phil
Anxious Thoughts...
Nostalgia and Vegetable Pie
Coincidence? I think not...
Alpacalypse.
a/n: 3k! omw 0-0
Search and Find
Sudden Realisations
Morning Breath Kisses
Hiccups and Phone Conversations
Midnight Magic
Nightmares and Lucky Charms
a/n: 5k! :D
Cards Against Humanity and Codes
Decoding and Panicking
Sickness and Cuddling
Noodles and Theories!
The Big Reveal...
Cookies and Queries
Teasing ^v^
Decorating and Christmas!
Brighton Beach
Never Let Me Go
Bonus Chapter - Minty's Real Name
Answers to the Character Ask

Pizza and a Close Call

24.5K 982 1.5K
By phangirlingweirdo

Your eyes open slowly as you attempt to properly wake up without your eyeballs being seared by the sudden light. You quickly realise your head is resting on Dan's lap, and you jolt upwards in panic, ready to apologise.

Dan looks up from his phone screen, looking a bit startled and puzzled from your sudden movement. However, his surprised expression melts away and is replaced with one of fondness.

"Hey, sleeping beauty," he says softly, looking like he's repressing a laugh.

Now it's your turn to look puzzled. "What's wrong?"

"Your hair is, um... stylish after your nap," he replies, chuckling.

You put your good hand on top of your head and start patting around on your hair, trying to determine how messy it is. Dan laughs at your worried face.

"Here, let me help," he says, raising his hand and carefully fixing a piece of your hair. He makes eye contact with you and suddenly moves his hand away, blushing and muttering an apology.

There's a few moments of silence, then Dan clears his throat. "Phil came in a few minutes before you woke up to say he's going to order some pizza, do you want any?" he asks.

"Yeah, of course! Pizza is amazing!" you say enthusiastically, eager to express your love for the food.

Dan laughs, standing up and offering you his hand. "Come on then m'lady, your dinner awaits!"

You laugh at him and take his hand, standing up somewhat shakily and limping your way across to the door, still holding his hand for support - or at least, partly for support and partly for the nice feeling of holding someone's hand.

Suddenly you do another noisy yawn, making your ears pop. You hear muffled laughter, and you look at Dan in mock anger. He looks guiltily back at you, removing his hand from his mouth and smiling.

"You're mean. Don't laugh at my unique yawns!" you say indignantly, lightly punching him on the shoulder... with your sore hand.

You quickly let go of Dan's hand and cradle your injured one instead, letting out an exclamation of pain. "Crap. Crap. Crap," you say repeatedly, trying to calm yourself down.

"Are you okay?" Dan asks worriedly.

"You've probably asked me that question 5 times in the past few days," you tease. "I'm fine, it was just a bit sore."

He chuckles at your joke, but soon looks serious. "If that stupid landlord hadn't attacked you, you wouldn't have a sprained wrist, or a sore ankle. Or a split lip," he says, his eyes cast momentarily towards your lips. "None of this would have happened." He sighs.

You're slightly surprised by his strong feelings about the matter. "That's true, but if none of that had happened I might have continued to live there and be oblivious to his abusive nature. You also wouldn't get to be concerned for me all the time," you reply, smirking at him.

He dramatically puts his hand on his heart, acting offended. "Maybe if you didn't keep injuring yourself I wouldn't be concerned."

"Of course you wouldn't," you reply sarcastically with a laugh.

You both get to the lounge, where Phil is dishing out some pizza slices onto his plate. He looks up as you come in.

"Hey," he says warmly, smiling at you both. "I wasn't sure which pizzas you liked, Y/n, so I got vegetarian, margherita and pepperoni. I hope that's okay."

You smile back. "Of course, thank you! It's quite cold in here... I might just go back to my room to get a jumper."

"I'll go get one for you if you like," Dan offers. "You should probably rest your ankle as much as possible."

You open your mouth to deny his offer, but your legs are quite tired. "That's really nice of you, thank you. The jumpers are in the third drawer down in the chest of drawers."

"Got it. I'll be back soon," he says, getting up and leaving the room.

There's a comfortable silence between you and Phil as you help yourself to some pizza. Phil speaks up suddenly.

"So what were you two doing?" he asks.

"I was sleeping with him," you reply, immediately realising your mistake and internally facepalming.

Phil raises his eyebrows at you, a smile tugging at his lips.

"That came out wrong," you say, sighing in shame. "I fell asleep on him, basically. Not what I said before."

At that moment, Dan walks in with one of your jumpers draped over his arm. He looks at you both suspiciously. "Why are you blushing?" he asks you.

"She dropped a bit of cheese on the floor. She was just apologising when you came in," Phil answers for you, rescuing you from having to say anything.

Dan hands you your jumper, his arm briefly touching yours. "Oh, okay. Don't worry, Y/n."

You smile at him. "Thank you," you say, carefully putting the jumper on and miraculously managing to not hurt your hand.

When Dan has finished loading pizza slices onto his plate, Phil picks up the TV remote and turns to face you. "Dan and I have currently been rewatching Death Note during dinner. Do you mind if I put it on or would you rather watch something else?"

"That's fine, I don't mind watching it," you reply with a smile.

Phil returns the gesture and presses a few buttons on the remote. Soon afterwards the Death Note theme tune plays, with both Dan and Phil humming along to it. You smile to yourself, relishing the moment.

*le time skip*

As the twenty first episode of Death Note finishes, Phil pauses the TV and suggests a break for cleaning up the remains of your pizza eating - three greasy cardboard boxes and three dirty plates.

"I'll take the plates to the kitchen," Phil offers, standing up and collecting up said plates.

"I'll take the boxes, then," Dan says, piling the boxes up on top of each other.

"Can I do anything to help?" you ask.

"I don't think so..." Phil says, trailing off. "Oh wait, there is something. Could you maybe dish up some ice cream for pudding?"

"Yeah, sure," you say, getting up from the sofa and following Phil to the kitchen.

"If you feel like you're going to fall, feel free to grab onto me," he says, smiling at you.

You laugh. "Hopefully I won't fall, but thank you anyway."

When you both reach the kitchen, Phil holds the deadly glass door open for you, then puts the plates in the dishwasher.

"The ice cream is in the second drawer of the freezer," he explains to you, getting a dishwasher tablet out from under the sink. "The bowls are in the cupboard above you."

You reach three bowls down from the cupboard and set them on the worktop, next getting the ice cream our from the freezer. You look around for a cutlery drawer, opening the first drawer you see. It's full of saucepans.

Phil presses a few buttons on the dishwasher to set it going and turns to you. "Oh, sorry. The scoop is in this drawer," he says, opening another drawer and pulling out an ice cream scoop. He hands it to you.

"Thank you. I think we might need labels on the cupboards for a few days," you joke, scooping out some ice cream into the bowls.

"Don't worry," Phil assures. "You'll soon get the hang of it."

When the bowls are filled, Phil gets some spoons and picks up two of the bowls, going back down the hallway to the lounge. You pick up the remaining one and follow him.

When you reach the lounge, Dan is already sitting on the sofa, scrolling through his phone. Phil gives him a bowl and a spoon, and gives you a spoon too. You both sit back down on the sofa, and Phil puts Death Note back on as you eat your ice cream.

As the cool sweet food soothes your throat and numbs your tongue, you can't help but think to yourself how lucky you are.

a/n: before editing this, my old author's note said i hit 1k reads on this chapter :') memorieees

also now i have the death note theme tune stuck in my head help

adios

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 175 26
You're a successful YouTuber with over fourteen million subscribers. He's been you internet crush since before you can remember. When you meet, will...
779 20 18
Okay so this is the first fanfiction i have ever written! CELEBRATION TIME! Anyway, the story is about a girl who's name is Veronica who has had pret...
7.7K 262 20
This is a Dan x Reader fanfic (mostly for girls, sorry guys xD) You enter a contest to meet Dan and Phil but the only problem is it's for Uk people o...
355K 10.1K 50
daniel howell x reader - So much of this fucking story is a mess, I apologize. It was my first fic, written when I was TWELVE, and it's so cringe wor...