ā€¢~Invincibleā€¢~

By thatgrl_cookie

A 17 year old girl in an abusive household and a family of six tries to juggle her school work and family fin... More

Life as we know it
Don't blame yourself.
Robbery.
Girls night out.
Memories.
Stella.
Murderer.
Hot as hell.
Everything's alot.
Soft.
Task
Special Occasion
I quit.
Confession.
Amusement park.
Fuck men.
Unconcious
Home Alone.
You're a pain.
Missing
I'm sorry.
I hate myself.
The trip.
Keep me company.
One time thing.
Mission.
Him?
Your own good.
Picnic.
Home
Court.
Life Sentence.
Your fault.
Feelings.
Escape.
Inner peace.
Way out.
Insane.

Lies

2.1K 41 6
By thatgrl_cookie

A week had passed, nothing out of the ordinary occurred, it was just the same cycle repeated all over again.

Beth was accompanied with Zane and other of his friends.
Every time he walked passed me would always have a smug look on his face.

He probably did that to prove the point that I didn't know anything about Beth and that I over reacted for what I did a few days back.

They were the talk of the school now- Beth and Zane.

Since he was unreasonably rich, he bought countless of gifts for Beth which made all the girls envy her.

Beth and I haven't talked since, it felt almost as if she was avoiding me but I paid no attention that.

——————-

"Today I'll be choosing everyone's partners for the science project." Mrs Scarlett, our biology teacher announced resulting half of the class to groan in protest.

"Conner, you're with Stephanie."

"Chloe, you're with Elizabeth."

"Darcy, you're with... Zane."

The entire class room became rowdy when she chose places.
"Silence everyone I'm not done yet." She announced.

My eyes shot at Zane who clearly had a evil smirk plastered on his face and I rolled my eyes at him.

"I can't partner up with that bitch!" Chloe shot up from her seat.
"Language!" Mrs Scarlett warned.

"And you're insane if you think I want to partner up with you either." Elizabeth protested.

"I also don't want to partner up with Zane.." I added.

"That's not my issue, no one can change partners anymore. Now everyone switch seats with your partners." Mrs Scarlett ordered.

"Fuck this, I'm not seating next to her!" Chloe dashed out of the class.

"It would like to remind you that this project covers up half of your grade." She said, totally ignoring Chloe.

The final bell rang and I immediately packed up my things and dashed out.

"Your house or mine?" Zane asked while having a tight grip on my arm.

"None." I flung my arm to be released from his grip.

"I'm not loosing half of my grade." He said.

"Then do it yourself. I'm not doing anything with you." I said and walked away.

"Miss Hills, can I have a word with you?" Mrs Scarlett quickly asked before I could leave.

"Your grades are surprisingly low recently. I suggest you put a lot of effort in the project... because that's where your hope in passing this class is." She whispered.

"I paired you up with mr Laurier because you see, he's one of the brightest students in this class and I hope for him to have a positive impact on you." She concluded.

"Understood Mrs Scarlett... I'll try my best in the project." I said with a stiff smile and went back to Zane.

"Your house by four." I whispered.

"Can't wait." I rolled my eyes at his statement.

"Get everything prepared before then." I ordered.

"Why do I have to be the one to get everything?" He asked and I walked out, ignoring his question.

***

"Your name and who you're here to meet?" A different voice came from the speaker when I pressed on the bell.

"Darcy, here to meet Zane Laurier..." I said calmly as the gates flew open, letting me in.

"Your an hour late..." Zane said with a smug look.

"You should be glad I even came." I scoffed.

"We both know you need this more than I do." He said.
"Let's just get this over with-" I muttered.

"This isn't going to just take hours, it's a days work. Means you would have to still be here tomorrow and maybe the day after that." He stated with a smile.

"I wouldn't step foot here again, so whatever this project is we have to finish it today." I informed.

"Zane where's the whine?" Beth's voice sounded.

"Top self babe." Zane answered.

"Babe?!" I mumbled with a hint of disgust.

"Oh I didn't know you would be here Darcy." Beth timidly said.

"I didn't think you would be here either." I said.

"Why wouldn't she be, did you forget that she's my girlfriend? She has every right to be at my house." Zane shot at me.

"I can't with this right now." I turned around to leave but someone else had already attempted to open it from the other side.

"Oh, didn't know you stopped by..." Luis said almost in a whisper.

He was in a blue T-shirt  and dark trousers, his hair perfectly slicked back as usual.

"I'm already on my way out." I responded.

"Why are you leaving so soon?" Zane asked.

Ignoring his question I barged open the door to reveal a old but fit man in front of me.

"Father. I-I didn't know you arrived from England today..." Zane nervously said.

"Your brother here was useful enough to pick me up from the airport." He plainly spoke, his voice deep and dominant.

"Who are they?" He took a careful glance at Beth and I.

"They are mates from school, we were partnered up for a science project." Zane quickly replied.

"All three of  you got partnered up for one project?" He sternly asked.

"Y-Yes." Zane hurriedly replied trying not to make eye contact with anyone in the room.

"I didn't partner up with Zane..." Beth said, as Zane caught her eye immediately.
"Then why are you here?" Mr Laurier asked.

"Because he's my boyfriend." Beth sternly replied

The words came out from Beth like a bomb.
Zane's reaction was filled with nothing but fear as the whole room went silent.

"And what are you here for?" His father asked over my direction.

"I actually came to get the project done..." I replied.

"A word, Zane." Mr Laurier ordered and walked into a room few meters away.

"Why would you say that?!" I asked Beth immediately when Luis and Zane got in the room too.

"Why wouldn't I ? It's not like we aren't dating." She  sassily replied.
"What has gotten into you?..." I asked frustrated.

"Nothing's gotten into me." She shot back.

"Are you that fucking blind that you can't see that he doesn't want you? He using you for one thing..." I said and was soon interrupted by her.

"At least he uses me for my body! I'm okay with that." She stated.

"You shouldn't be okay with that, a real man isn't supposed to love you just for your body. He's meant to love you for your personality or for your beauty, inside and out." I tried to remind her

"You're just jealous... that's the only reason. If you weren't you wouldn't be so pressed about me dating him." She accused.

"I'm jealous?" I scoffed.

"You want him, don't you?" She said almost like she had gone insane.

"What? No!" I said.

"Sure." She sarcastically said.

"You know what? Have fun with your new boyfriend, but when he hurts you don't come crying back." I gripped on the door handle and stormed out the building.

—————-

"Welcome to Bacon Burgers what would you like to order?" I was asked by a female waiter.

"One of everything on the menu." I muttered out.

"That would be a large burger with a side of bacon and one large soda with it." The waitress stated.

"That's everything on the menu?" I asked.

"That's the name... Bacon Burgers." She said.

"Just that, thanks." I mentioned.

"Why are we here babe? I said I wanted to eat in a restaurant not some sort of burger shop." A brunette female whined.

"I'm just trying to get a burger for myself, don't worry I'll still take you to the restaurant." A familiar voice responded.

"I hope it's to go because I'm not staying here another minute." The lady impatiently said.

"Diego?" I asked under my breath.

"Oh, Darcy. Nice to... see you again." He unsteadily replied.

"Yeah,It's been a while..." I mumbled.

It was the first time our conversation was this awkward.
He didn't look like he wanted to talk to me, it felt like he didn't want to be anywhere close to me at that moment.

"You are?" The brunette asked with an attitude.

"Darc-" I tried to mention.

"I know what your fucking name is. How did you both meet?" She interrupted.

"Stephanie chill... I just tutor her brother." Diego uttered.

"When did you start tutoring kids?" She curiously asked.

"He helps his dad with some after school lessons." I replied.

"I wasn't asking you!" She shot at me.

"We should go..." Diego held her shoulders and led her to the door.

"Who is she?" She annoyingly asked Diego, as they soon went through the door.

I stared at them through the windows as he helped her in the car and took a quick glance at me before rushing in.

I felt somewhat betrayed but what else did I expect, that's what men do... they tell lies straight to your face and try to get you believe them.

I spent the rest of the day drowning myself in food and sleep.
The only two things that made me fell sane and forget almost all the shitty things happening in the world.

Thanks for reading❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3M 195K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
1.2M 20.8K 87
"Fuck." She cries as my finger enters her wet cunt, fully. "More." Giana demands. "Yeah?" I mock. "Beg. You know how this works Giana, you don't make...
704K 11.3K 64
źØ„the mob boss and his maidźØ„ ā€¢ā€¢ "I'm sorry Leo." I exclaim. "Your not." He growls, grabbing onto my ankles dragging me down towards the edge of the be...
1.1M 34.7K 48
BOOK 1 MATURE CONTENT 18+ Read at your own risk I slowly lifted the thin long sleeve over her head and she sat up a little in the process to help me...