SOLITARY (COMPLETED)

By NiranjanaNepol

Loneliness... that's what he always wanted. He wanted to be alone. His world is different. He didn't need any... More

1 The Wedding
2 She loves him
3 This is what I'm
4 The Letter
5 Arnav's friends
6 Food Poison
7 Angel
8 Interview
9 The Answer
10 Anonymous Feel
11 Khushi's Perception
12 Question
13 She is his wife...after all...
14 Guilty Mother-in-law
15 Angry Arnav
16 Change
17 Husband's Condition
18 No peace of mind
19 The First HUG
20 Warm-heartedness
21 Clarity
22 Furious Husband
23 Love?
24 Proposals
25 I'm Married
26 Arnav's Action
27 Engagement Party
28 Arnav's closeness
29 Arnav and his thought
30 Encounter
31 First ever conversation
32 Utter Change
33 Clear-cut declaration
34 Is it Permanent?
35 As he said...
36 Feelings...?
37 In Arnav's Room
38 Real Picture
39 Talks...
40 Confession
41 Unexpected Action
42 Normal Life
43 Danger?
44 The Party
45 Jealous
46 plan
47 Pleasant Surprise
48 In Delhi
49 Excitement
50 Nose Cut
51 Apology
52 Romance and passion
53 Mysterious Man
54 Who is he?
55 Plan of meeting Vishal
57 Cute Fight
58 Warning
59 How important...!
60 Apology
61 Helping Khushi
62 Third Person
63 Suspicion
64 Task
65 Confusion
66 Trap
67 Punishment
68 Boomerang
69 Guests
70 Guests or Enemies?
71 The party
72 Understanding Partner
73 Last Part
Epilogue

56 Don't poke your nose

3K 209 8
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 56 Don't poke your nose...

Aman attended the call. It was from Victor.

"Haan, victor... is everything alright in Delhi?" he asked.

"As of now, everything is alright. I think Arnav sir and Khushi Madam will visit Vishal"

"Oh..."

"They are in a temple that is near the same hospital in Vishal is admitted"

"I think Vishal won't interfere in their matter anymore," Aman asked with a smirk.

"Yeah... he won't forget what I gave him"

"Be careful... he may tell Arnav about you"

"Yeah, he will"

"Arnav may take it in a different way" he warned as he knew Arnav.

"I will finish my job assigned by you before Arnav sir reaches me. Don't worry..."

"That will reduce your risk"

"I will take care of it"

"Ok, update me on what Vishal is doing"

"Sure"

"Actually, I assigned you to protect them from Vikrant. This Vishal is unexpected. Don't think your job is extending... you will get paid for that too"

"I know. By the way, it's fun to handle Vishal like a comedy piece... it's completely different from my serious schedule. Mind diversion too" Victor laughed. So did Aman.

They disconnected the call.

Victor saw Arnav and Khushi coming out of the temple. Taking his handkerchief, he tied it to his face till his eyes.

Arnav and Khushi went to the hospital where Vishal was admitted. Arnav enquired about Vishal in the reception.

"Excuse me, may I know where Mr. Vishal is admitted?"

"One minute..." she checked the register.

"Room no 893, first floor"

"Thank you"

Arnav walked to the staircase with Khushi.

"Arnavji, don't get into the room without checking who is there," she said clutching his hand.

"Relax, Khushi... why are you scared?"

"Please do what I say. What if his parents get angry with you?"

"Ok, ok... I won't get in right away"

They saw room 893. It looked extremely silent. Arnav slowly peeped in. To his surprise, there was no one in the room with Vishal. Maybe, they went the home to bring something for Vishal. He was laying on the bed. His leg had Band-Aid. There were plasters on his nose, forehead, and cheek. Arnav entered in. Khushi stayed out not going with Arnav.

"Are not you coming?" he asked with a smile.

"Me? No way..."

Arnav chuckled and went inside. Though Khushi didn't go inside she saw Vishal through the glass door. She could not control her laughter, seeing his plasters filled face... especially a plaster on his nose. She tried hard not to laugh as it was the hospital. She bowed down, biting her inner lip, controlling her laughter.

Vishal slowly opened his eyes and jerked, seeing Arnav.

"Ahhhh..." he screamed as his leg ached.

"Relax... why are you panicking?" Arnav said frowning.

"Why are you here? Do you want to see whether I'm alive or not?" Vishal sneered.

"Hey, why are you talking like this?" Arnav asked as if he did not know anything.

"Then, how would I talk? I agree, what I did is wrong. For that, would you beat me hiring a myrmidon?"

"Myrmidon? I don't hire anyone to beat you"

"Don't lie"

"I don't lie"

"Then who was the buffalo who beat me?"

"Whom you are talking about?"

"Don't pretend like you know nothing, Arnav"

"Believe it or not, I know nothing"

"If you know nothing, why did he beat me, telling that, DON'T INTERFERE INTO ARNAV'S MATTER?"

Arnav frowned.

"Who was that?"

"He looked like a hulk..."

Arnav was more confused. Who was that? why did he beat Vishal? So what if he interferes with his matter?

"Mark my words, Arnav... I will never forgive you for hitting me"

"I said I didn't do that"

"Then..."

Arnav stopped him by showing his hands,

"If I want to hit you, I don't need someone to do that for me. I could have done that by myself. of course, I'm furious like hell on you. You tried to separate me from my Khushi. For that, I(he stressed) will never forgive you. Don't think I'm happy about your current condition. Nope... I'm disappointed... because I so wanted to break your face but I'm unable to do that now."

Vishal gulped down hard.

"Now also I'm telling you... stay away from me and my Khushi. Or else, I won't mind doing this again. But, I will never do that hiring someone because I'm not impotent to do that. I can do it by myself"

Vishal was thunderstruck, seeing his outburst.

Khushi, who heard their talks from outside, came in. Vishal bowed down, and could not face her as he felt ashamed for getting beaten up by someone.

"Arnavji, we are getting late. Didn't you say you will get me ice cream? Let's go to the ice cream shop" she said purposely to irritate Vishal.

Arnav nodded yes with a serious expression. Khushi looked at Vishal who was looking like a cartoon, having mathematics symbols on his face in the form of plasters. Vishal sensed well that she was controlling her laughter.

"Let's go" circling his bicep, she pulled him.

"Take care... don't forget what I said" Arnav walked with Khushi, after warning Vishal.

When they came out, Khushi laughed.

"You said you won't come in?"

"Didn't he talk too much? He thinks he is a hero... to make him feel zero only I came inside" she laughed.

"Shhh... this is a hospital. You should not laugh like this. Control yourself" he said controlling his laughter.

"Is not he looking like a cartoon with a plaster on his nose?" she laughed again.

This time, Arnav also laughed and could not hold himself. They became silent because a doctor crossed them with a weird expression, seeing them laughing. They walked with a rigid expression and laughed again after the doctor went into a room.

When they walked into the corridor, Arnav's eyes fell on a man who was checking his mobile, sitting on a steel chair, outside a room. Arnav remembered Vishal's words, seeing him, HE LOOKED LIKE A HULK. The man looked as same as Vishal said, with six and a half feet in height and a well-built body. The short sleeve tight-fit T-shirt highlighted his muscular body.

"Khushi, one minute..."

Arnav rushed back to the corridor, searching for the man but he was not there. Arnav looked here and there. Arnav stood thinking something. He felt the man glance at him and Khushi when they walked down the corridor. Was he the one who hit Vishal? If he was the one, how dare he came to the hospital? Or... did he come for HIM? Or, KHUSHI? Who was he? Why did he follow them? Did he do this having any personal intention? He remembered Khushi. He came leaving her on the staircase...

Arnav rushed again towards Khushi. He huffed in relief, seeing her reading the names of the Doctors and their visiting timing on the board. He came and stood beside her.

"Let's go"

"What happened, Arnavji? Why did you go again?"

"Nothing... come" he walked out of the hospital.

Arnav started the bike. Khushi sat behind him and started laughing.

"What?"

"Arnavji, such a boring person you are. How could you forget a plastered nose soon?" she laughed.

Arnav chuckled.

"This is why we should listen to our elders," she said keeping laughing.

"I didn't get you"

"Won't they say, don't poke your NOSE into someone's matter? See, what happened now? His nose got damaged" she laughed, clutching Arnav's shoulders.

Arnav rode the bike smilingly.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.8K 2.5K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
230K 13.1K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...
52.3K 3K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...
471K 17.1K 24
What if Arnav didn't make it to the rooftop in time to witness the scene that broke his heart? How will he deal with Khushi's confession? How will th...