An arranged journey to foreve...

By Arushisays_

Manik And Nandini , two people with different opinions, completely different nature but a heart of gold. The... More

Characters
Mansions and Manan Rooms
Part 1
request
PART 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part8
SORRY
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
COPYRIGHT
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
HEY!
Part 50
Part 51
UNBELIEVABLE!
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Help!
Part 75
Part 76
......
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Apologies!
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
happyy holiii❤️
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
HAPPY CENTURY
Part 101
102
103
104
105
106
A piece of my heart ✨
107
108
109
110
111
congratss
112
113
heyyy
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123

Part 66

2.3K 258 60
By Arushisays_

Time flew by like anything.  Marriage was bliss for Manik and Nandini.Naira called Nandini a few days back and informed her that she is fine and that she will take care of herself. Nandini did not question her any further , while at the Malhotra house, Cabir was mostly with Navya and Radhika. Bua Dadi was trying her best to realize Nandini what trouble she was inviting for herself.

"Nandini,theek hai maan liya Navya is not like others and a good human but there is absolutely no harm in clearing things with her. Usse sab saaf saaf baat to kar sakti ho tum, tell her that the rights will always be 50-50 in this house" Bua Dadi said to Nandini while she was working in the kitchen

"Dadi,please I don't want to talk on this topic anymore,its enough now. Whatever would happen,when it will happen,we will think upon it then" said Nandini straight and went upstairs to wake up Manik as he had a flight to catch morning and he would be returning the next morning.

"Nandini,I have gone through this. Mere ghar me jo mere saath hua tha bas vo kisi aur ke saath specially Manik ke saath hone nahi dena chahti hu main." though Supriya and went in her room sighing.

___________________

Nandini entered her room to see Manik up already talking over phone with someone. Looking at her,

"Just a minute" said Manik and instructed Kiara about the details of the new contract 

"No clause should be missed Kiara" said Manik . Soon,he cut the call and proceeded towards Nandini who was setting her clothes.

Grabbing her hand,he pulled her close for a hug . Nandini dropped the clothes in her hand on the couch beside and hugged him back giving him a smile

"Your smile makes my day" said Manik tightening her grip.

Nandini widened her smile and moved her hands up around his arms and leaned in initiating a kiss.Manik grabbed her by her waist and gave in to her. Parting from the kiss smiling,they had their foreheads against each other with a smile .

"Okay come on,you have a flight to catch" said Nandini trying to push him into the washroom. Trying I repeat.

"Why do you even try?" asked Manik while Nandini gave him a tight lipped smile.

"Haha , someday I will do it,for now, freshen up if you don't wish to miss your flight." said Nandini getting back to her chores of setting up the messy room.

"How I wish I could have done that" said Manik and went inside the washroom to freshen up otherwise he really would get late.

Manik was going to Dubai for the launch of his software. He had got a software designed to launch the Malhota business online as well. For the same, he had to leave for Dubai and he would be returning the next day.

__________________

Manik was all ready while Nandini helped him with some last minute packing. The two of them went down to see Raj and Supriya who passed them a smile.

"Bye Dad,Bye dadi" said Manik taking their blessings. " Where's Mom?" asked Manik looking around searching for Nyonika.

"She's at Navya's place beta. Navya and Cabir had to go somewhere so she is with Radhika"said Supriya looking at Nandini.

Manik's face fell but he composed himself while Nandini held his hand as they went out bidding bye to Raj and Supriya.

They were at the main gate from where Nandini had to go to the hospital and Manik had to leave for the airport.

"Put the bags in the car" instructed Manik to the driver who went inside to collect his bag leaving Manik and Nandini alone . 

"It will be okay Manik,I love you" said Nandini hugging him while Manik kissed her forehead.

"As long as I have you with me,it is all okay. Take care of yourself and be a little responsible with yourself for 24 hours please? Girti padti mat rehna" said Manik chuckling followed by Nandini as they remembered how Nandini always managed to hurt herself atleast once a week.

"Bye" said Manik as he went in his car and Nandini left for the hospital .

____________________

"Where is Manik?" asked Nyonika as she had not seen him since she was back home . Raj was at the office as Manik was not there and he had to be there in his absence.

"Manik had to leave for Dubai,if you knew that? Chala gaya vo" said Supriya

"Chala gaya?"

"Hmm" saying so Supriya left to her room.

"He did not even inform me. Nandini also did not tell me anything about it." wondered Nyonika

The day passed in a jiffy. Manik was held by work in Dubai while Nandini was busy with her hospital. It was evening 7, when she returned home . Passing a smile and only that to Nyonika, she went up the stairs to change and came down after some time. She didn't know why she did that. She just didn't wish to say anything to Nyonika fearing that she might say anything which would hurt her.

On the dining table, Navya was there for dinner. Nandini was spending time with Radhika while she could notice Navya's distant behaviour,she just shrugged it off not willing to get into any conversation at that point.

"Nandini would you please help me in the kitchen with Payasam?" asked Nyonika

"Sure Mamma" replied Nandini and got up

"May I help you too aunty?"asked Navya looking at her

"No No its fine beta , you look after Radhika. Nandu is there na. The last time she made Payasam,everyone loved it so much. Hain na bua?" asked Nyonika to Supriya

"Hmm yes, Nandini I want to have it today too." demanded Supriya while Nandini nodded at her and went in the kitchen followed by Nyonika.

"What happened Mamma?You wanna say something?"asked Nandini looking at Nyonika who was constantly looking at her.

"I am just observing what you are upto Nandu. What has happened tell me? Reception se hi aise distant behave kar rahi ho tum. Do you call me Mamma just as a formality?" asked Nyonika 

Nandini looked at her , speechless. She did not know what more to say to her. Tears made way instinctively and she hugged Nyonika while she hugged  her back patting her head.

"I am sorry Mamma, I ve been behaving so bad lately evil daughter-in-laws ki tarah na?" asked Nandini coming out of the hug while Nyonika chuckled nodding her head in NO.

"Mamma I don't want you to feel bad trust me and promise me you would not blame yourself with anything?" asked Nandini

"Arey promise baccha and why will I be hurt? My children have got some complaints from me and that's all" said Nyonika smiling at her

"Mamma I think you have been ignorant towards Manik all this while" said Nandini and waited for her reaction.

"I know that and I hate myself for that . I am trying to mend it to handle things par kuch kar hi nahi pa rahi hu. Nor is Cabir happy neither Manik" said Nyonika with tears in her eyes anad continued " I have grown so distant from Manik. He does not even feel the need to tell me about where he is going now, he is ill kuch nahi, kuch bhi nahi batata and it is my fault"

"Mamma its not that its just somewhere you have lost yourself. You have grown confused about things since you have got to know about Cabir and Navya" told Nandini consoling her.

"I am not happy Nandini. I don't want Cabir to marry Navya but I cannot force things on him, I am not even his real mother. With what right do I tell him to back out from this marriage?" asked Nyonika helplessly 

Nandini was taken aback "Why would you think like that Mamma? You have all the right to decide what's right for him and what's not."

"I don't Nandini. Bua ji was right. At the end of the day,the truth remains that he is adopted. I have no right to interfere in his life . In  all this, apne hi bete pe dhyaan nahi de pa rahi hu main." said Nyonika crying uncontrollably now.Nandini was busy trying to calm her down when she noticed Navya standing at the door .

"Navya NO" 

Just as Nandini said this,Nyonika turned towards Navya who ran out in the living room to Cabir . Nandini ran after her.

"Navyaa I said No" shouted Nandini from behind .

"Don't tell me what to do Nandu. You know this is not right. Cabir has each and every right to know this" said Navya withdrawing her hand from Nandini and went to Cabir.

"Cabir you are adopted" said Navya looking at him while he stood gaping at her . Nyonika gasped and feel down on the couch while Nandini held her hand to support her.

"What the hell are you doing Navya?" asked Supriya

"Please Aunty , he needs to know this. All of you cannot keep him at bay with the truth anymore" shouted Navya at Supriya

"Navya please watch your tone" said Nandini glaring at her while Navya turned her attention back to Cabir

"Navya please stop joking, it is not funny" said Cabir chuckling

"Cabir , trust me this is the truth ask your mother if you don't trust me" said Navya

Cabir looked at Nyonika with vulnerable eyes and seeing her crying he got his answers. He approached her and kneeled infront .

"Mom why did you not tell me this? Please Navya has some misunderstanding right? I am your son na?" asked Cabir holding her hands 

While Nyonika sat silent not saying a word. Tears were falling from Cabir's eyes

Cabir got up and faced Nandini "Bhabhi.... Bhabhi you..you knew you did not tell it to me?WHY? Bua dadi WHY? WHY THE HELL WAS I KEPT UNKNOWN TO THIS?" shouted Cabir 

"Cabir, please calm down ." said Nandini while Cabir hugged her tightly. 

"Bhabhi I cannot even call you that now. I am no one. No one in this house" shouted Cabir breaking apart from the hug losing his calm

"I AM A BLOODY NO ONE IN THIS HOUSE AND I KEPT THINKING OF THIS FAMILY AS MINE-"

"This is your famil-" said Nyonika while Cabir interrupted her showing her his hand 

" NO MO- NO actually Mrs. NYONIKA MALHOTRA, NO ONE I AM NO ONE, NOT MY FAMILY " shouted Cabir as he rubbed his heart continuously .

Navya came to support him and he pushed her away 

"STAY AWAY NAVYA, I AM NOT CABIR MALHOTRA, I DON'T KNOW WHO I AM . JUST , JUST STAY AWAY " Shouted Cabir and ran up the stairs breaking anything that came his way. 

Vases lay broken on the floor while Nyonika was crying uncontrollably and Nandini was calming her down crying himself.

"Its all over Nandini. Everything is over" said Nyonika and the next second she got up and slapped Navya hard. Radhika started crying while Nandini took her up the stairs and made her sleep in her room when her phone started ringing . She checked to see 15 missed calls from Manik and picked up the phone .

"Hello" and she heard her Manik all panicked .

"Hello Manik" and thats when she heard him breathe 

"Nandini are you okay? Where were you?" asked Manik calmly 

Nandini could not control but just broke out in tears.

"Come soon Manik,I love you" and Nandini hung up the call confusing Manik

"Nandini?" and he realized she cut the call. He tried again but she did not pick up the call.

"I hope she is fine" prayed Manik.

Nandini making sure Radhika slept came down to see Nyonika shouting at Navya 

"What do you think of yourself? Tumhari vajah se mera ghar bikhra hua hai aaj . You are not yet the daughter-in-law Navya , you had no right to interfere today" shouted Nyonika while Nandini hurried down the stairs seeing Nyonika getting angrier .

"Mamma-ahhh" hissed Nandini making everyone look at her 

A vase piece had pricked her feet and she was sitting on the stairs holding her feet.

"Nandinii" shouted Nyonika who came to her

"Go bring the first aid" asked Supriya to one of the butlers

Blood was dripping off Nandini's feet continuously , thankfully it was just the surface of the glass

Nyonika took the piece out carefully and did her dressing.

"Its okay Mamma" said Nandini seeing Nyonika cry even more

"No its not. I don't know kiski nazar lag gayi hai hame. None of my children are at peace" said Nyonika helping Nandini sit on the couch while Navya was just standing all this while.

Nandini looked at her and said," You are changed Navya,the Navya I knew would have prioritized family's happiness over the truth"

Navya looked at her with tears in her eyes which she wiped off fast.

"No Nandu you are just seeing her real face today" said Nyonika bitterly 

"Mamma calm down please, its enough for the day. We need to handle Cabir right now" said Nandini putting her hand on her shoulders while Nyonika nodded.

"Kya ham Cabir ke paas ja sakte hain?" asked Navya

"Dare you think of doing it. Door raho hamare bacche se tum. Infact why are you even here. Just get out . You are no one to us now and I will make sure you are never Cabir's wife" shouted Nyonika with fierce eyes.

Navya stood expressionless. Not seeing her take a step, Nyonika held her harshly by her wrist and started dragging her out 

"Mamma , Wait" said Nandini "We cannot take any decision on Cabir's behalf. Let him decide if he needs Navya or not" Nandini convinced Nyonika and before Nyonika could argue over it, they heard chaos from Cabir's room again. It was an hour now and Cabir was not ready to listen  to anyone. 

After sometime,Raj came back and as soon as he did he was hugged by Nyonika tightly

"SAB KHATAM HO GAYA RAJ" said Nyonika and she started crying again while Raj had no idea about what was happening. He looked at Nandini who was also crying silently.

"Nyonika stop crying. Tell me what has happened? Ye kya haal bana rakha hai tum sabne apna?" asked Raj coming towards the couch with Nyonika

"Nandini what did you do to your leg?" asked Raj kneeling infront of her while she just hugged him. Raj patted her head trying to calm her down.

He was so confused and neither Nyonika nor Nandini were telling him anything . He went to Supriya and asked the same while she just looked at him

"Vahi hua Raj jiska dar tha vahi hua , the family is broken and all because of this girl" said Supriya while pointing at Navya , and told everything to Raj. 

Raj was heartbroken,controlling his tears infront of Nyonika and Nandini,he went upstairs towards Cabir's room.

Downstairs,Nyonika got Manik's call and she picked it up immediately

"Mom"

As soon as Nyonika heard Manik, she burst out into tears yet again. Manik was tensed to no extent now.

"What are you all upto?  Nandini was crying too and now you. Mom what's wrong?" asked Manik as his voice choked

"Ghar aaja beta , please all of us need you" That's all that Nyonika was able to say. Telling him everything over phone was not an idea . Manik knew something was serious , he cut the call and arranged for a jet as flight tickets,midnight would have taken lots of time.

At Malhotra Mansion,Raj was trying to make Cabir open the door sitting outside it with Nyonika while Supriya and Nandini were in the living room. Nandini made Supriya have her dinner as she had to take her medicines while Navya was sitting lifeless on the couch.

"Did I take a wrong step?" asked Navya to herself.

While,Manik landed in Mumbai.

______________________________

Hey you all, unexpected twist no? 

What do you think would Manik's reaction be?

Did Navya do right?

-------------------------------------------

The votes are significantly decreasing, you all read but don't vote. Guys a millisecond is what it takes the click that star at the bottom. Please support me and the story.

____________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 15.2K 28
Speaking of Arranged Marriage people often think it doesn't work! Tons questions obviously arise :- How can two strangers spend their rest of lives...
444K 21.4K 51
☆About Manik Malhothra and Nandini Murthy ☆ How a Man was changed by a beautiful girl .Is their love a True love or just an Attraction? Will they to...
3.8M 207K 110
Hey guys ... !!! This is a story about how a betrayed impulsive and an arrogant Manik Malhotra starts to live his life after finding his shining armo...
283K 13.8K 75
Let's start with a fiction of a fiction. Plot Brief: Everyone knows the background and if not, all the better, the mystery awaits you! So let's dive...