His Scarred Beauty (Complete)

By suzangill98

"Skin once broken ,can never be the same. Just like hearts once betrayed, struggle to beat again." ... More

Chapter 1: The acquaintance
Chapter 2:Hatred
Introduction 1. Welcome readers!
Chapter 3: Ugly
Chapter 4 The repulsion
Chapter 5: Saving her.
Chapter 6 The fall
Chapter 7 The first time
Chapter 8 The shoot
Chapter 9 The replacement
Chapter 10 The lost love
Chapter 11 The third heart
Chapter 12 The hero/ Villain
Chapter 13 The proposal?
Chapter 14 Accepted?
Chapter 15 The villain
Chapter 16 The surprise
Chapter 17 The memories
Chapter 18 The Wedding(this)
Chapter 19 The first night
Chapter 20 The attack
Chapter 21 Jealousy
Chapter 22 Broken or not?
Chapter 23 The offer?
Chapter 24 Persuasion
Chapter 25 The Plantiff
Ch 26 The Hero
Chapter 27 Finding her.
Chapter 28 The dream
Chapter 29 The Scars
Chapter 30 The Game
Chapter 31 The Beginning
Chapter 32 Unveiled
Chapter 33 The Secrets
Chapter 34 Faking / Caring?
Chapter 35 The murderer
Chapter 36 Face off
Chapter 37 The welcome
Chapter 38 Mending hearts
Chapter 39 The delimma
Chapter 40 The island
Chapter 41 Let go
Chapter 42 The sparks
Chapter 43 Captive
Chapter 44 Shattering restraints
Chapter 45 The limit
Chapter 46 Trust
Chapter 47 Burning Rage
Chapter 48 The Beginning of a War
Chapter 49 The intrusion
Chapter 50 The Impact
Chapter 51 The Choice
Chapter 52 Reunions and heartbreaks
Chapter 53 The face off
Chapter 54 The best friend.
Chapter 55 Coming back
Chapter 56 The Phoenix
Chapter 57 Her typhoons
Chapter 58 The d day
Chapter 59 The Ace
Ch 60 Her Secrets
Ch 61 The Truth of that night
Chapter 62 Vengeance
Chapter 63 Epilogue (1)
Chapter 65 Bonus (1)
Chapter 66 Bonus ( The Final)

Chapter 64 Epilogue ( 2)

26.8K 1.2K 318
By suzangill98

Endings should be happy right? But maybe sometimes in reality, this happiness is far fetched.

It's a dream, a wishful thinking which is not achieved. But this does not mean, one should give up finding it.

For the past is a testimony that hardwork and persistence has given one everything.

Success, happiness and even Love.

Perseverance has made the struggles to surrender.

Even I tried , trust me I really did. But I gave up on it.

I gave up trying to make the heart feel love, that has stoned to it's confines.

I got Ethan for myself, but I only got back a shell. Who laughs at me a fake smile, pretends to be happy, but cries at night. A person hollow from his inside,with his heart missing.

A person who takes care of me, is concerned for me but could never love me.

It's been 8 years.

8 years of our lives without her  and her absence has shown me crystal clear.

Who mattered the most to him.

He shows like he is good, happy in the world without her. But his eyes, I see them longing for his little Phoenix.

Time has cleared all the clouds of doubt in his mind, now he knows her value which he never realise till now.

But it was too late now

She was already gone now.

She had left him ,as a broken man. And in all these years I can say that he couldn't be fixed.

We stayed together, but he never touched me in any other way other than care.
He was making sure,I am no longer broken, to not know he himself was far broken than me.

He needed to fix himself, before fixing me.

But he was content being broken.

Living in her memories and his illusionary world.

Everyone asked him to move on, to marry someone else. To only hear him say.

"No one can love me like she loved me. "
.
.
.

"How will you live your entire life?"

They asks and he answers with a sad smile on his face.

"With her memories."

It's true. Vivian's love has been selfless and beyond limits. She loved him with her everything, despite the mistakes he did.

And that's what stopped him from loving anyone all these years.

She has earned his love, made him addicted to her and left him.

And now when he has repented the mistakes he did and suffered in her memories ,with no hope of her returning.

Destiny decided that maybe it was finally the time to make the two broken parts of a heart to meet again......

              .....

      Ethan's pov

"Soph?"

I whisper, seeing her in front of me. While Vivian turns to look at her.

A look of shock covers their features, to only have Soph rush towards her. Engulfing her in a warm hug.

Vivian doesn't respond. Her hands still by her side as Soph cries.

Her voice cracked , with much cries audible. Except for those tears that were falling on Vivian's shoulder.

I see Vivian's hands clenching, as she debated. To only let loose. Not hugging her back.

It was clear now. She didn't needed Soph...she didn't forgive her. How can I expect her to forgive me?

Trying to control , the heaviness in my chest. I close my eyes.

Her rejection, hitting me thousand times more.

But it was still better than her absence.

She was alive, standing in front of me. Breathing. And this was enough for me.

Knowing she is happy, I can still live better than before.

Soph pulls back after few minutes, to only hold her shoulders. Begging her.

"Ah...hun hunnn?"

She tries to speak desperately. Asking her using the sign language as to why she lied of her death. To only have Vivian clench her fist and look back at me.

She side steps Soph's crying form. To only have the guy with her,ask her. Looking at Soph and me in confusion.

"Viv you know them?"

She looks back at us, over her shoulder. Her next words stabbing my heart.

"No"

She picks up Nix in her arms and the reports from the table ,to nod at the guy with her.

"Come let's go."

She tried to leave when Soph stops her again.

While I slide back on the wall, feeling tears sting my eyes
It's no use Soph...why are you doing this?

It's no use.

She is here with her lover and her child.

They are happy?

She refuses to even know us now.

"Hmmm naaa...naaaa"

Soph tries again, with tears streaming down her eyes, to only make Vivian look at her in coldness.

"Move aside"

She says in a voice without any trace of emotion, while clenching her fists again, to only have Soph move her head in a no.

Opening her hands and blocking her.

Soph falls down crying, folding her hands. Asking for forgiveness.

Begging her.

"Pl....pl...pl......pllllleeeee..........."

Soph screams, trying her best. This was the first time I saw Soph try...she never did it before.

She was never such desperate to say anything before.

"I....I .....w....a .....i......ttttt"

She tries looking around for paper, to only rush towards the nurse. Pulling a sheet and pen from her.

Scribbling on it in a hurry.... looking back to make sure Vivian doesn't leave.

I don't know what she wrote on it.

But she rushes, blocking Vivian again.

Placing the paper in her hands and again folding her hands, coming down on her knees.

"P.....p........se......."

Vivian looks at the sheet of paper in her hands....and stares at the words written on it.

While Soph looks up at her with hopeful eyes.

"Pl....pl ...."

Vivian's jaw hardens and next I know she crushes the paper in her hands.

Looking at Soph with indifferent eyes.

"I am sorry"

Saying this she throws the crumbled paper beside her and  Soph freezes, the little light of hope inside me flickers and extinguishes the very second.

Without even looking at me she walks beside Soph who screams ,the most loudest I have ever heard her try.

"N......Nnnnnnnn.....Nnnnnnnnaaaaaaaa....Naaaaaaaaaaa Viiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!"

Little Nix looks back at Soph over her mother's shoulder, to only stop her gaze at me.

Concern evident in her green eyes as she looks back at me with sadness.

"Naaaaaaaa! Naaaa! Naaaaaa!!Nooooooooo"

Soph starts crying hysterically, almost going crazy. To only choke. Coughs leaving her lips as she struggled to breathe. Falling down on the ground, taking long breaths,with tears stinging her eyes.

"Soppppphhhh!"

I scream running towards her. My heard thudding rapidly in my chest as the doctors and nurses run towards us.

I hold her up in my arms, to see her struggling to breathe.

Her lips opening and chest moving up and down.

My eyes stop a crushed paper beside her...the words directly visible. The words she has written for Vivian.

Don't punish him for my mistakes V. He loves you truly.

Please forgive him.

I look back at her in desperation. Why Soph why?

"No.....na....V.......naaaaaa Viiiii."

She struggles harder ,still trying to speak, making more tears dropping from the corner of her eyes,to make me scream at her in desperation.

"Fuck! No Soph! No! Why!! Don't speak! Don't ! Please!. Shhh you are hurting yourself... please....!"

She moves her head in a no, to only look in the direction where Vivian left to make her lift up her arm, extending it towards her.

I look up to see Vivian looking back at us.

Concern evident in her eyes.

As the doctor's scream beside me.

"It's an emergency! Get the operation room ready!"

"The larynx muscles are swelling! Her Breathing is getting blocked!"

"Call Dr Oliver for an emergency surgery now!'

I couldn't understand anything, I lift Soph up in my arms, to only see Vivian in front of me.

Holding the outreached hand of Soph.

Nodding at me.

"We need to hurry"

I nod, rushing towards the operation theatre with her beside me. While Soph sadly smiles at us seeing us together, despite her lungs protesting and breath becoming difficult.

Tears leave her eyes,as she places Vivian's hand on mine, before taking in a huge gulp of air.

To only have the door closed on us,as the doctors rush in. Leaving us both alone.

My eyes fixed at the closed doors as my world seemed to have collapsed right there.

Why ? Haven't we all suffered enough?

Why this now?

I sit back, holding my face in my hands. To only feel a soft touch on my shoulder.

"Why! When will this suffering end! When Vivian?"

She looks at me sadly. To not say anything.

Her eyes stopping at the closed doors.

"She..she never recovered?"

I lower my head,still staring at the floor.

"No. Her vocal...cords were damaged. The doctor suggested a surgery but she never agreed to it.I am trying to convince her...but she is just Soph. Adamant."

"I am sorry."

Was all she said. As we sit there in an awkward silence.

To only hear her ask again ,after few minutes.

"How is everyone back home?"

I look up at her. To barely nod.

"They are doing fine."

The silence extends between us again. With neither of us saying anything.

To only see the guy coming back, looking for Vivian. She gets up, excusing herself to make me barely nod.

They stand in a corner and talk. His hands holding hers as she tried explaining him something. Her eyes flicker to mine for a second, to only have me lower my eyes.

Not meeting her stare.

He finally leaves after they discussed something. To have her come back and sit beside me.

Making an anxiousness to settle in me.

I stare at her hands in her lap... wishing to hold them. To only clench my own in fists.

I am sure she will be disgusted of my touch.

"Your husband?"

I ask her looking at the man who leaves, giving her a smile. To only hear no reply in return.

I am sure she heard me,why is she pretending not to.

My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening. To only see Oliver come out of the operation theatre.

We rush towards him , to see him removing the gloves to look back at us.

"Calm down. There is nothing to worry."

Relief floods in as I let out a sigh. With Vivian doing the same.

"She over strained her chords by trying to scream, making the chords to swell and block her breathing."

"She is fine now. "

"Can we meet her?"

I ask ,to have him nod. Placing his hand on my shoulder to leave.

I open the door, eager to see her. To only hear no footsteps following me.

Confused, I look back to see Vivian standing there.

Lost in thoughts.

"Vivian. Come"

I say to make her come out of her thoughts to look at me.

"You go. I should... should leave now that she is fine."

Why? She waited 4 hrs with me...to make sure she is fine. Why is she leaving before meeting her.

I move back to stand in front of her.

As she looks up at me. Her green orbs looking beautiful as ever.

I dare to move forward my hand to slowly slide  down her wrist to hold her hands . Interlocking her fingers with mine.

And she stills, surprised as our skin comes in contact with each other.

Sending sparks, that have been dead since long .

"Come"

I say, pulling her along. Leaving no room for negotiation.

We enter, to look at Soph.

She was peacefully sleeping with wires attached to her. We sit on her either side and Vivian takes her hand in hers.

Looking back at her face with nostalgia and longing.

I just stare. Soph is her sister after all, she does care. But doesn't show it.

"How have you been Vivian?"

I finally gathered enough courage to ask about her. She looks more healthy and happy though, but still I needed to make sure.

She looks back at me. Merely blinking in reply.

"Good."

Her fingers rubbing circles on Soph's hands.
And I lean back on the chair, to stare at her.

She has gained weight, but it only made her look more perfect.

Her cheeks were not sunken, except full...her lips looking lustrous. It can be lipstick, but I know the colour is natural.

She always had beautiful full kissable lips.

I lower my eyes immediately.

Fuc* Ethan.

"I will get us some coffee."

She nods and I rush out, cursing myself.

Still smitten by her? She is a mother now, someone else's wife.You can't have such thoughts about her.

Getting her the coffee, I return to see her still staring at Soph. Lost in thoughts.

"Vivian. Here. Your coffee"

She wipes something from her eyes and I stilll,was she crying?
To only smile back at me sadly, taking the cup from hands.

"Careful . It's hot."

She nods, taking it. Her fingers brushing against mine to again make my heart thud in my chest.

I get settled on my seat again, pressing one leg over the other. Sipping from the coffe, while looking back at her.

"Your daughter is beautiful"

I say, making her look up at me in surprise.

I was right, those are the tears she was trying to hide.

"Fifi...oh yeah that she is."

"Just like you."

My words made her go still. As she lowers her eyes to look at the coffee in her hands.Tracing her finger around it's brim in awkwardness.

"Her eyes, her smile are just like you."

"However no offense but she doesn't resemble her father in any sense."

She looks up at me with a look that was very difficult to decipher. Her next words making my fists to clench.

"None taken."

So that man was her husband....but technically she was still my wife as I never divorced her... technically she is still Vivian Lockwood...unless she changed her name. I couldn't help myself...I felt angry when I should not.

I felt jealous

I felt betrayed

I felt broken.

When she was right and I was wrong. When I had no right on her.

"How old is she?"

I ask , making her freeze. Her eyes meet mine and I hold onto the cup tightly.

"She...she .."

Why was she reluctant. Could the child....her name Phoenix?...sh**! I...slept with her the last time , before I left her.

Could it be?

My heart stops as I look at her astounded.

She lied to me being dead, fine I won't blame her.

I deserved for being a bastard that I was with her.

She lied one night before the accident.

That she trusts me.

Fine, I don't deserve to be trusted.

But hiding my own child from me?

No...not this Vivian... please tell me it's not a lie... please..

'She is my daughter, isn't she?"

I get up, moving closer towards her. Anxiousness evident in her green orbs.

As I lean in closer to her.

Trapping her between the bed and my arms on her either side.

"Tell me it's a lie Vivian"

" And I won't stop you from leaving this room and having a happy life with another man."

"But if it's the truth."

"Trust me my little Phoenix."

Leaning closer, I stare at her lips. Making her eyes to widen.

"I won't stop till I have you and my daughter back in my life."
.
.
.

"I won't stop till I have made you mine again."

.
.
.
"And that's your husband's promise to you."

....

Next : 2 bonus chapters.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.8K 666 5
Izuku Yagi was a quirkless young boy who has struggled for many years of his life. But years later when his "quirk" manifested. Everyone treats him a...
26.3K 1K 18
๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ผ ๐—ฏ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐˜€ | โ and you know what really gives me these so called chicago blues? that the waitress forgot the freakin blueberr...
6.4M 249K 43
The youngest billionaire in town with the looks of Adonis and everything at his feet desired just one thing more in life. His perfect match. He wishe...
5.8M 249K 72
"๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š’๐š•๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š— ๐š‹๐šŽ ๐š•๐š˜๐šž๐š ๐š๐š˜๐š˜." - - most impressive ranking๐Ÿ“Œ #10 in hood - - #3 in hood romance #3 in urban romance #4 in black...