SOLITARY (COMPLETED)

By NiranjanaNepol

Loneliness... that's what he always wanted. He wanted to be alone. His world is different. He didn't need any... More

1 The Wedding
2 She loves him
3 This is what I'm
4 The Letter
5 Arnav's friends
6 Food Poison
7 Angel
9 The Answer
10 Anonymous Feel
11 Khushi's Perception
12 Question
13 She is his wife...after all...
14 Guilty Mother-in-law
15 Angry Arnav
16 Change
17 Husband's Condition
18 No peace of mind
19 The First HUG
20 Warm-heartedness
21 Clarity
22 Furious Husband
23 Love?
24 Proposals
25 I'm Married
26 Arnav's Action
27 Engagement Party
28 Arnav's closeness
29 Arnav and his thought
30 Encounter
31 First ever conversation
32 Utter Change
33 Clear-cut declaration
34 Is it Permanent?
35 As he said...
36 Feelings...?
37 In Arnav's Room
38 Real Picture
39 Talks...
40 Confession
41 Unexpected Action
42 Normal Life
43 Danger?
44 The Party
45 Jealous
46 plan
47 Pleasant Surprise
48 In Delhi
49 Excitement
50 Nose Cut
51 Apology
52 Romance and passion
53 Mysterious Man
54 Who is he?
55 Plan of meeting Vishal
56 Don't poke your nose
57 Cute Fight
58 Warning
59 How important...!
60 Apology
61 Helping Khushi
62 Third Person
63 Suspicion
64 Task
65 Confusion
66 Trap
67 Punishment
68 Boomerang
69 Guests
70 Guests or Enemies?
71 The party
72 Understanding Partner
73 Last Part
Epilogue

8 Interview

5.1K 266 15
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 8 Interview

Khushi waited, without eating breakfast. She wanted to see what Arnav does. He went to his room to take a bath. He came out getting fresh. He felt better but still, there was uneasiness in his stomach and throat. making a plate, he came to the dining which was in the corner of the living room. Sitting at the dining he ate, watching the news on TV. He spared a glance at the room next to the kitchen again and again. But the person who was residing in the room didn't come out but she was watching him from inside the room. He finished eating and went to his room.

Khushi didn't come out of the room unnecessarily. She was thinking about the interview all the time. She was nervous as hell because the person who is going to examine her is none other than her husband. Her heartbeat raised erotically. She has to get the job. The chance of being with Arnav 24*7 was something she didn't expect and also something she could never get. She couldn't let it slip from her hand. The MD of the concern also looks very cool. He needs to appoint a fresher. Which MD will think like this? Everything is in her favor now. If she misses this chance, then she would be the unluckiest person in the world. As she asked, Devi Maiya has shown her a good way to reach Arnavji. If she can get a good chance that she didn't dream of, she can make it possible too. She thought.

What should be done to get the job? She has to be bold even though she was not. If she could make herself bold, she should show herself boldly at least. But how could she answer the question DIFFERENTLY? She could prepare if she has an idea about how the question would be. She was nervous. Let it be anything, she will face it. In taking a deep breath, she nodded yes.

That's why Ratna called Khushi.

"Hello, Aunty"

"How are you, Khushi? "

"I'm fine, Aunty"

"Started lying...?" Ratna asked.

"No Aunty... I'm really fine"

"Is it? I don't think your husband would give you a reason to be fine"

"He doesn't need to give me reason Aunty. I can create my happiness..."

Ratna wondered.

"That's great..."

"Doesn't mean he can be free..." Khushi said.

Ratna chuckled.

"He has to pay for marrying me... he has no choice" Khushi chuckled.

"you and your husband..."

Khushi smiled.

"By the way, why didn't you call your parents? Garima thinks you have forgotten them because you are happy with your husband"

"Let them think so, Aunty..." Khushi said emotionally.

"I'm sorry, Khushi..."

"you no need to be sorry... in fact, Arnavji also... we can't blame him. Being alone is his nature, right? " Khushi said.

"Mmm... did he go to the office? "

"No Aunty... he is at home only because he is not feeling well"

"What happened to him? "

"Food poison. "

"oh my God... how is he? "

"better... he walks well now"

"What do you mean WALKS WELL? Was he so sick? "

"Yes, Aunty. He vomited... was taking rest for the whole night on the couch"

"What would have happened if you are not there? "

"He would have been admitted to the hospital... simple"

Ratna sighed.

"Let me talk to him"

"Mmm"

Ratna disconnected the call and dialed Arnav. Arnav took the phone which was laying on the bed.

"Hello, Mom..."

"Can't you even make a call to your Mom, Chotte? "

"I wanted to..."

Cutting him

"What happened then? Did you forget to call me in the urgency of going to the SPACE?" she countered.

"I'm not feeling well Mom"

"What happened? "

"Food poison"

"Oh God... then?"

"Now I'm fine"

"Thank God... are you in the hospital?"

Arnav was silent.

"You would be... you would not have gotten Khushi's help..."

"I didn't but she helped me"

"Really? That's what a wife is... Pass the phone to her"

Arnav got stuck.

"She is in... the kitchen"

"That means, did you come home from the hospital?"

"I didn't go to the hospital."

"then...? How are you feeling better now?"

"The doctor came home and injected me"

"Do you have a doctor friend too?" she asked sarcastically.

"Khushi brought him"

"Say that at first..."

Arnav was silent.

"I'm sure you are the one who cooked the food... am I right?"

Arnav rolled his eyes.

"Try to understand the reality, Chotte. You have someone who you can call YOURS. Don't make her feel bad. There is nothing I can say more than that" Ratna disconnected the call.

Arnav gulped down. What can he do? She seems a good girl... he knows she likes him but what can he do? He needs privacy... he doesn't like noise... he wants to be alone... he was not used to being with someone... how could he change everything suddenly? It will surely take time... don't know how long... before that, Khushi may start hating him... he sighed.

But, our Arnav bituwa didn't know that he will start liking her soon unknowingly. The needed possibilities are getting close to him. The TIME he asked to accept reality is going to laugh at him. The first step towards his wife is waiting to surprise him in the form of the interview candidate... The person who is going to surprise him is none other than the same girl who he recently recognized as an ANGEL.

The day passed without interactions. Arnav liked Khushi's handmade food but he didn't tell her... he didn't feel to... not that he didn't want to... he never did that before... he is like that.

The next day

Arnav got ready for the office as usual. When he came to the kitchen to cook, Khushi had already finished cooking. That day also Khushi cooked, waking up earlier. Arnav stood and could not understand what to do.

"You can cook tomorrow," Khushi said from outside the kitchen.

Arnav went to his room and took a bath. Khushi didn't show a hurry to get ready nor did she show that she was going somewhere. She looked casual in casuals even though she had taken a bath. She offered keer to Devi Maiya and prayed to be with her. She had been keeping DM idol in her room.

She waited until Arnav goes to the office. Standing in front of the mirror, she touched her mangal sutra that was hanging on her neck. Should she remove this to keep her words given to Arnav? Didn't she say I SHOULD NOT TELL ANYONE THAT YOU ARE MY HUSBAND? No, she couldn't remove it. She pinned the mangal sutra inside the dress and hid it. So what if it is hidden? It is with her... She got ready quickly and came out of the flat. She saw her neighbor Selvam also coming out. He smiled at her.

"Good morning, Madam"

"Good morning"

"Are you working? "

"No, sir. Going to give an interview"

"Oh... all the best"

"Thank you, sir"

"In which company...? "

"AM Designs"

"Oh... do you know the destination?"

"No, sir... will take Google's help"

Selvam laughed.

"Luckily, it's not so hard to find, Madam. It's on Marine Drive. The straight bus is available from our area. You can reach the office within an hour. Ask the bus conductor to say when the AM Designs stop comes"

"Thank you so much, sir"

"You can call me Selvam"

Khushi nodded ok and walked to the bus stand.

AM Designs

Arnav reached the office. Shreya came to him.

"Are you alright, Arnav?"

Arnav walked without answering.

"I heard you suffered yesterday..."

Cutting her,

"I did... and my wife took care of me... you no need to mind about me... understand?"

"Wife? Is she with you?"

Arnav gulped down and left the place. He came to the interview hall where Aman was waiting.

"Good morning, Aman"

"Good morning, ASR. How are you feeling now?"

"Good..."

Arnav sat beside Aman.

"Won't you ask me what question I'm going to ask the candidates?" Aman asked.

"What question?"

"What are you thinking about this job?"

"That's all?" Arnav frowned.

"Yup... that's all..."

Arnav rolled his eyes. Aman smiled.

"Let's see, who is going to rock..."

Arnav sighed. ROCK? How could anyone answer this silly question boldly and differently? He had no idea.

Aman started the interview with his SPECIAL question. He got many answers. This is a very good job... very reputed job... I'm eager to be the PA of the reputed company's CEO... etc., etc.,

Aman felt bored. This is not what he wanted. He asked Arnav to continue... Arnav did that with disinterest. And one or two gave different answers too but Aman was not satisfied. he kept them on HOLD.

Only one candidate is left. Arnav saw the name, KHUSHI GUPTA in the candidate list. His eyes widened. Don't know how many Khushi Guptas are there on the earth... He thought.

KHUSHI GUPTA was called inside the interview hall. She entered in and walked towards the officials who were waiting to study her proficiency. Her free hair floated in the air as if she was modeling in a shampoo ad. A plain lemon yellow saree with matching yellow stone drops in her ears made her stunning. A gorgeous smile that crawled on her lips defeated the pink color lipstick that was trying hard to show her beauty. Of course, the man in the hall was thunderstruck to see his wife in his office who looked extremely striking.

To be continued...

The next update is available on INKITT

The answer

Khushi showed a little shock on her face while walking towards Arnav because she didn't want him to think she is planning something to trap him. Of course, she has a plan. But why would she let him know that? Arnav gulped down seeing Khushi's NEW avatar. The shock that sparkled on her face made him believe that she doesn't know this is his company. He could not believe that his wife is standing in front of him. He saw her making herself up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.3K 7
Cover Credit: @koelidalmiye Highest ranking: #12 in kkg on (13.7.18) #47 in possessiveness on (11.7.18) #198 in short story.. Leaning closer to her...
76.5K 6.9K 56
Marriage is not only the beginning of a family but also a life-long commitment. It's an emotional union. It's a process by which two people make thei...
63.5K 2.3K 14
Completed! This is a short story of about 10-15 chapter. Khushi and arnav are happily married, arnav is from poor family and khushi from rich family...
75 6 5
She was content with her life. She had everything. A loving family, a great best friend and a super nice boyfriend. It all changed, it all came crash...