Place Your Bets

By btshobicore

Draco Malfoy, the slytherin prince himself, suddenly starts to take an interest in you. When Draco starts pa... More

Back To School
Potions
Partners
An apology
The Meet Up
Stars And Secrets
Rumours
Beacon Of Hope
Regrets
The library
Sketches
Confessions
Hufflepuff Common Room
Lies
Bad Timing
Blood
I'm Sorry
Hospital wing
Lonely nights
Blue & Grey
Accidents
Clashing
Finally Free
All Fun And Games
Crystal Snow
Winter Break
Thoughts
Snowmen
Draco's Room
Good Girl
You Kept This?
I love you
Your Eyes Tell
Dance With Me
Prefects Bathroom
Nightmares
Glad To Have You
Dates
Dressing Rooms
Love Like This
D-1
The Last Dance
Take My Hand
End!!
UPDATE 2023

The Moon Ball

2.6K 42 29
By btshobicore

The day was finally here. The teachers had allowed students to have an early finish, so that they can get ready and do whatever they needed in order to get ready. 

You sat in your room, with curlers in your hair, and a face mask on, with your friends who were doing the same. The three of you sat and painted your nails, and sorted out the makeup you were going to wear.

Conversations rumbled around the room, and an ecstatic energy consumed the air. This was a really big deal for the students of Hogwarts, it was a huge fancy ball, just for fun!

"I'm gonna go and see how Zach's doing" Padma stood up.
"Can you check on Lei too?" Parvati asked.
"Sure"

Padma knocked on Zachs dorm room, and he opened the door, he was still in his nighsuit, just like the rest of the students. "AH it's a beast!!" He shouted, pointing at the face mask on her face.
"Shut up. You aren't getting ready or anything? No preparations?" She frowned.
"I mean what can I possibly do, I washed my face and brushed my hair" he said with a straight face.
"Where's Lei" she asked, moving past Zach and entering the room. "He's in the bathroom.." she opened the door. "Redoing his hair for the fifth time"
"Hey! Why are you here, spy!" He dragged Padma out of the bathroom as she laughed at him. "Don't go and tell Parvati about this" he warned.
"I won't! I won't, I promise. I'd rather it be a surprise for her. She's really excited you know, you better have a good time with her"
"Of course I will, I really love that girl-" he cut himself off as he realised what he said. Zach's ears perked up and a sly grin crept onto his face. "Love? Did I hear that right? Did you just say you love her?"
Lei shoved Zach, "shut up, I'll punch you"
"Ooh I'm so scared"

Padma followed Lei to see him do his hair again, but Zach grabbed her arm and pulled her back. "Can I talk to you for a second?"
"Sure" Padma replied. Zach stood for a minute, fidgeting about.
"I'm nervous"
"For what?"
"Going to the ball.. going with Y/n.. I just want it to go well"
"Of course it'll go well, don't worry. I know you might still have feelings for her, and quite honestly, the feelings might grow stronger at the ball, but just be yourself. She really likes you, and you're a very close friend of hers, so just see if she wants to advance first or not"
"Thanks Padma. But there's something else too..."
Padma looked at him.

"Well... you know how Durmstrang and Beauxbaton representatives had arrived this morning, to attend the ball?" Padma nodded her head slowly.
"Um.. a representative from Durmstrang saw me in a class earlier, and really liked my skills," Padma stared blankly at him, waiting for him to finish. "And he said... he said he wants me to join him. In their school" Zach nervously spoke.
"Really?? Wait, that's so cool! Are you going to accept the offer?" Padma excitedly spoke.
"Should I?"
"It's all up to you, we will support you with whatever option you choose"
Zach thought for a moment. "I don't know, I was thinking of accepting.."
"That's great! Who would've thought a dummy like you would do so well" she teased him. He weakly smiled at her.

"Okay boys, I'm heading back! I've got to get ready myself"
"Wait.. don't tell anyone okay?" Zach asked. Padma nodded silently and left the room.

Padma skipped back to her dorm, and opened the door. Her mouth immediately hung open. "Oh. My. God" she exaggeratedly spoke. You and Parvati were wearing your dresses. "You guys look AMAZING!! AHHHH" she screamed and ran over to you two.
"Wait what happened to your dress Parvati? It didn't look like this before" Padma asked.
"I wanted to spice it up a bit" she had added a red mesh scarf over her shoulder to imitate a sari and added some golden Indian earrings. "I love it! Now we can both be matching.. sorta"

You wore your champagne pink dress, with its pink glitter shining under the light, and wore some beautiful golden heels to accompany it. You applied light pink eyeshadow and shimmer to your eyes and had a neutral lipstick shade on, along with the rest of your makeup.

Parvati wore her deep red dress with the mesh scarf, and had warm brown shades on her eyes, and deep red lipstick. She wore golden heels too, with glitter over the strap.

Padma quickly got dressed and put on her blue dress, the top and skirt being separate parts. The silver accents complimented her skin. She painted a beautiful blue winged eyeliner and added silver glitter to her inner corner.

Once the three of you were ready, you started walking out of your room. As soon as you stepped out, multiple students caught your eyes as they also headed down to the ball, all dressed up in their gorgeous outfits. Everyone looked amazing. You carefully stepped, making sure not to step on your dress and potentially ruin it. You looked to your friends, and kindly linked arms with them. This was it.

Students of all houses, gathered outside of the ballroom. Everybody was glittering under the candlelight and chandeliers. The decorations around the school were beautiful. The doors to the ballroom opened and the most beautiful sight was bestowed upon you. The room had stars on the ceiling, and floating around the room, and a bright moon in the middle of the ceiling. It really looked like you were under the moonlight. The students all started to fill in, and McGonagall stood at the front, giving a small speech.

"Welcome students, to the highly anticipated Moon Ball! You all work so hard, and this is all for you, so have fun and enjoy yourselves! Oh, and by the way, we are joined by the heads of Durmstrang and Beauxbaton, so please greet them in your own time and behave. Now without further ado, let's begin!" She finished. The moon on the ceiling lowered, as became brighter, lighting the room more.

"Guess who?" A pair of hands covered your eyes from behind. "Hmm I wonder who it could be.. Snape?" You joked. "I hate you" Zach laughed, removing his hands. You turned around to face him and his breath caught in his mouth for a moment. His brown eyes stared into yours, his mouth hanging slightly open. "Oh my god" he whispered. You stared back at him, he looked so handsome, in his black suit and white shirt. He wore a pink tie, to match your dress. The suit really fitted him well. He noticed how the pink blush on your cheeks made you look so pretty and innocent, and the glitter on your eyes made your eyes sparkle even more. His hair was slicked back, but parted. He looked so classy and grown-up.

He held his hand out, and you accepted his hand. The two of you held hands as you walked towards the rest of the students. Students all around you were looking at the two of you. Admittedly, you looked very good together. Even your height difference was cute. Students smiled at you two, and you smiled back at them and their partners.  "Did Lei already go to Parvati?" You asked Zach.
"Yep, he was so nervous" he replied.
"Awww that is so sweet" you held your heart.
"So was I" Zach spoke. You looked up at him.
"You were? Why, there's no need to be nervous with me" you held his upper arm and walked along with him.

"Wowwwww Lei, damn!" You hyped him up, looking at his outfit. He had dressed up in a dark blue suit, and his black hair was neatly pushed back. Parvati was being held closely by the waist by Lei, and she had the biggest smile. He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. "Thanks Y/n" he barely muttered, still stuck deep in Parvati's eyes. You and Zach warmly smiled at the two, they were so happy together. "Uhh we'll leave you two to it then... whatever it is you're doing" he nervously chuckled before turning away with you.

"Should we dance?" Zach asked you. A beautiful string melody played in the background, it wasn't too slow, but felt very calm. The song seemed perfect to dance too. "Sure" you whispered, taking his hand. He placed his other hand gently around your waist, and pulled you closer. You looked into his brown eyes, and he looked into yours. You moved your feet in sync with him and the music, and your dress gracefully swung around you with every movement. Time felt like it had slowed down, and you two were the only ones who mattered. Like you were dancing alone in the room.

As the page of the music quickened, Zach spun you around, making your dress twirl around you, and causing you to laugh from excitement. Your eyes sparkled brightly with glee, and he just loved it. The students dancing had picked up their paces, and began dancing in a circle around the dance floor, so you and Zach followed. With the next note, everybody switched partners with the nearest couple. You landed right infront of Neville and instantly started to dance with him. He gave you a bright grin, displaying all of his teeth, and you couldn't help but grin back. He laughed with you as you spun and danced around in his arms, and then swapped to another partner.

As the song came to a close, everyone had been around the full circle, and had returned to their original partners. You spun into Zach's arms, and he caught you from falling. The two of you were panting from all the dancing. He helped you stand straight and looked kindly into your eyes.

Everyone clapped as the first dance was done, and most sat down for a break. The energy in the ballroom was insane, everyone was excited and happy and having fun. There was no way you'd be able to recover from this euphoric feeling.

A familiar scent passed by you, causing you to freeze in your tracks. You recognised that scent anywhere. You knew it better than anyone. You reluctantly turned around and saw Draco making his grand entrance. To be fair, all he did was enter the ballroom, but all the students around him turned it into a 'grand' entrance for him. Students all turned to see him. A sudden silence fell over the ballroom, everyone was in awe. His outfit was breathtaking. And on him, it looked even better.

He wore a full black suit and shirt, like the one you had seen him buy in the shop. Only, he had added customisations, like you had heard him mention. A fierce snake had been embroidered in gold on the back, and he had a sheer black cape flowing behind him. It was truly a sight to behold. If there was one thing that boy was gonna do, it's be dramatic.

Zach looked at Draco, and then back at you. You were still staring at him, but you didn't realise. Thankfully Draco wasn't facing you, or he would have for sure seen your face. "Are you okay?" Zach quietly whispered to you. You didn't even hear him. So many emotions were flying around your mind, you didn't know what you were thinking. Part of you was scared, part of you was sad, but another part of you felt something more. Something you could only feel with him.

[ HOW WE FEELING GUYSSS!!!! It took me a year but I'm finally onto the finale😭 anyways, I promise I'll have the next chapter up soon!! Love you all for sticking this far with me <3 ]
[Me writing and posting this at 2am🙂]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514 20 9
"We start to find comfort in the strangest of places." The war has ended, and life is getting back to normal, or least supposed to be. For returning...
179K 5.5K 26
"Umm I-I was uhh j-just leaving" I stuttered. {why am I having trouble speaking? especially to Malfoy!} He looks me up and down and I some how feel e...
333K 5.6K 115
"Y/n, you know I would never hurt you," he took a step forward, but I kept stepping backward. "Yeah I know," I said hesitantly. "Then why are you bac...
12.3K 476 11
Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy for as long as they can remember have been enemies, it started the day Draco reached out his hand and Harry refused it...