SOLITARY (COMPLETED)

By NiranjanaNepol

Loneliness... that's what he always wanted. He wanted to be alone. His world is different. He didn't need any... More

1 The Wedding
2 She loves him
3 This is what I'm
4 The Letter
5 Arnav's friends
7 Angel
8 Interview
9 The Answer
10 Anonymous Feel
11 Khushi's Perception
12 Question
13 She is his wife...after all...
14 Guilty Mother-in-law
15 Angry Arnav
16 Change
17 Husband's Condition
18 No peace of mind
19 The First HUG
20 Warm-heartedness
21 Clarity
22 Furious Husband
23 Love?
24 Proposals
25 I'm Married
26 Arnav's Action
27 Engagement Party
28 Arnav's closeness
29 Arnav and his thought
30 Encounter
31 First ever conversation
32 Utter Change
33 Clear-cut declaration
34 Is it Permanent?
35 As he said...
36 Feelings...?
37 In Arnav's Room
38 Real Picture
39 Talks...
40 Confession
41 Unexpected Action
42 Normal Life
43 Danger?
44 The Party
45 Jealous
46 plan
47 Pleasant Surprise
48 In Delhi
49 Excitement
50 Nose Cut
51 Apology
52 Romance and passion
53 Mysterious Man
54 Who is he?
55 Plan of meeting Vishal
56 Don't poke your nose
57 Cute Fight
58 Warning
59 How important...!
60 Apology
61 Helping Khushi
62 Third Person
63 Suspicion
64 Task
65 Confusion
66 Trap
67 Punishment
68 Boomerang
69 Guests
70 Guests or Enemies?
71 The party
72 Understanding Partner
73 Last Part
Epilogue

6 Food Poison

5.2K 259 9
By NiranjanaNepol

Part 6 Food Poison

Arnav's cabins intercom rang. Arnav answered it.

"Yes, Aman?"

"ASR, we have to interview for my PA post the day after tomorrow... You and I are going to contact it" Aman said.

"Ok, Aman"

"Be ready..."

"Yeah, sure"

Arnav disconnected the call. He knew he will do nothing with the interview because the post was for Aman's PA. So, Aman will be interacting with the candidates and will choose the candidate according to his need.

As time passed, Arnav felt uneasiness. He was feeling his stomach mixing up. He looked at the clock and it was about to hit 4o clock. He called Aman.

*Yes, ASR*

*Aman, I feel uneasy. Shall I go home? *

*Home? What do you feel? *

*My stomach is mixing up... feel like vomiting*

*What do you do going home? Who is there to take care of you? Go to the hospital*

*Mmm*

Taking his bag, Arnav came out of the cabin and walked out of the office. The traffic was not so hectic as it was not peak hours. He felt difficult to drive the car due to his condition. Aman's words echoed in his ears. What are you going to do at home? Of course, he had no idea about it. But, he felt like being at home as usual.

He reached the apartment and got into the elevator. His eyes became dark. He felt dizzy. He came home opening the door. in no time, he fell on the floor, dropping his bag.

Khushi rushed out, hearing the sound and horrified, seeing him on the floor.

"Arnavji... Arnavji, what happened?" she rushed to him and shook him.

Arnav was in half-consciousness. He felt uneasiness. In no time, he threw up in the living room. Khushi doesn't know what's wrong. She didn't know what to do. She has to take someone's help. Before that, she has to clean the hall. She acted fast and cleaned the hall. Arnav tried to get up to stop her from doing that. But she didn't give heed to him. She started, cleaning the hall. When she cleaned the place where he was sitting, Arnav clutched her hand.

"No... don't do that..." he said dizzily.

"You don't have to worry, Arnavji. I won't try to take advantage of the situation... you do need to be scared of me" She removed his hand from hers and continued working.

Khushi mopped the hall and came to Arnav. She removed his shirt and wiped his face. She didn't feel to enter his room to bring a shirt for him. So, she left him with the vest. She lifted him from the floor and made him sit on the couch. Then she rushed to her room and brought a bedsheet, she covered him with the sheet not wanting to make him embarrassed.

She came out and knocked on the opposite flat's door. A man in his early thirties opened the door.

"Yes... what can I do for you? " he asked.

"We are residing in the opposite flat. My husband is not feeling well. He just came from the office. I don't know what happened to him... he is not in the condition to even speak. Could you give me a doctor's number? " She asked.

"There is a doctor on the eighth floor. C4"

"Thank you so much"

Khushi galloped to the next floor. She knocked on the door of the C4. A woman with white hair opened the door.

"Yes? *

"I'm new to Mumbai. Shall I meet the doctor, Aunty? My husband is sick" Khushi said.

"Where are you from? " the woman asked.

"From the seventh floor"

"Oh... please wait"

"Rakesh..." the woman called.

A man peeped from inside.

"Yes, Mom? "

"She needs a doctor... who is from the seventh floor"

"Oh... one minute..." The man went inside and came with his doctor's kit.

"What happened to him? " he asked while walking.

"I don't know the doctor. He just returned from the office. He fell on the ground and vomited..."

"Oh... what did he have for lunch? "

"Roti with Cauliflower curry..."

"Or anything else? "

"He would not have had anything, doctor," Khushi said assuming his character.

The doctor came to their house. Khushi saw Arnav lying on the couch, closing his eyes. The doctor checked him.

"Food poison"

Khushi looked at him horrified. FOOD POISON? But cooked today...! She didn't eat what Arnav cooked.

"What should be done, Doctor? "

"I will give him an injection. His dinner should be light. It would be better if he takes rest for one day"

Khushi said nothing because she could not say anything.

The doctor wrote a few medicines and gave the prescription to Khushi.

"There is a medical shop, opposite our apartment. You can get the medicine from the shop"

"Ok doctor"

"See you tomorrow"

"Thank you, doctor"

Khushi gave him money but he denied taking it. Washing her face, Khushi went to buy medicine. She bought fruits for Arnav. When she came out of the elevator, the man in the opposite flat smiled at her.

"How is your husband madam? "

"Fine sir..."

"What happened to him? "

"Food poison"

"oh... I had never seen you here before..."

"I came here just two days ago"

"Oh... you should have been busy arranging your stuff..."

Khushi smiled.

"I'm Selvam. You can ask me anything if you want"

Khushi smiled softly and opened the door of her flat. She entered. Arnav looked at her opening his eyes a little. She went to the kitchen and prepared sweet lime juice. She brought it to Arnav.

"Have this" she said.

Arnav opened his eyes and tried to sit. He looked weak yet, Khushi didn't try to help him. She didn't want him to think, she is trying to get close to him. Arnav sat on the couch and leaned on it. Taking the glass from her hand, he sipped.

"Oranges are there in the fridge," he said hesitatingly.

"I know..." she said.

"You would have used them... instead of buying sweet limes"

"You should not have orange..."

That's when he remembered why he should not have orange. Though he knew the reason he would like to know whether she would say something else.

"Why? "

Khushi, who was about to leave the place stopped and answer.

"Your stomach is already infected. Orange contains C vitamin which leads you to acidity and also impulses hunger. This is not the right time to have an orange. That's why I bought sweet lime" she said, looking at him. When he looked at her, she looked somewhere.

"Mmmm," he said.

She went to the kitchen to prepare mush for Arnav for dinner. Arnav again leaned on the couch, closing his eyes. How could he not think Aman's words? WHO IS THERE TO TAKE CARE OF YOU IN YOUR HOME? He didn't know he has someone to take care of him. He was letting her do things, it doesn't mean, he wanted her to take care of him but he had no choice. He couldn't even have the strength to even deny her.

After a while, she came with mush and kept it on the tea table.

"Arnavji..." she called him.

"Mmm? "

"Have this mush. You have to take medicines"

"Mmmm," he said.

That's when his mobile rang. It was in his pant pocket. He removed it and saw Aman's number.

*Haan, Aman?*

*How are you ASR?*

*Fine*

*What happened to you?*

*Vomited*

*Did you go to the hospital?*

*Doctor came home*

*Oh... what he said?*

*Injected...*

*Ok, if you want anything call me. My phone will be with me only. Ok?*

*Mmm*

*Take rest*

*Ok*

Arnav disconnected the call. Khushi wondered. Is there someone who has concerns about him? Not bad.

She went to the kitchen and transferred the cauliflower curry into a small bowl. She saw something in between the cauliflower pieces. She checked it and was horrified, to see the lizard. Is this the reason for Arnav's present condition? She poured it into a plastic cover and tied it tightly. She threw that in the dustbin. Thank God, she decided not to eat Arnav's handmade food that day. She didn't tell him the reason for his state. It may make his condition worse.

After giving him medicine, Khushi went to her room but not before making sure that Arnav slept. Khushi closed the door but left it without locking it. Because she knew Arnav won't enter her room... ever...

To be continued...

The next part is available on INKITT

Angel

The next morning

Khushi woke up earlier and prepared breakfast and also lunch. She had no idea whether Arnavwill be at home or will go to the office. But she didn't want him to cook that day. He will start cooking and won't do it if he wakes up. So, it will be wiser to cook before he wakes up. She wanted him to be relaxed for a while. ButArnav was sleeping till 7'o clock. She wanted to check whether he was alright because she saw him still sleeping. She came to him after making sure that he was sleeping. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.3K 3K 23
A blissful marriage between two individuals who already lost so much in life.. will their past allow them to lead a peaceful present... An Arshi love...
75 6 5
She was content with her life. She had everything. A loving family, a great best friend and a super nice boyfriend. It all changed, it all came crash...
430K 22.5K 87
Arnav Singh Raizada was a DREAM MAN of many girls. That was the condition, THEN. But, no one dares near him. It's the condition NOW. We can mention i...
156K 7K 38
Arnav and Khushi were together for a while, in the story of their Lives.She had loved him with all her heart, and he had cared too.However, back then...