Footballer's hijabi wife

Oleh prayerandpatience

She had stayed unmarried a little longer than her family's liking but she was never going to settle. She was... Lebih Banyak

1.The visitors
2.The hot mess
3.Standing up
4.Clichè
5.The answered prayer
6. "For so long"
7.The bell rings
8.The word comes in
9.Not like any other
10.Just us
11.SPICE IT UP!
12. Tahajjud
13.Without you
14. What is wrong with you/me
15. Family
16. In my head
17.Bliss
18.Priorities
19.Media 1
20. Media 2
21. Progress
22. A step back
23. Daddy Youssef
24. No Tears
25. You are my sister
26. Ramadan
27. For Youssef
28. See me
29. Unexpected visit
30. Truce
31. Youssef Amin's wife
32. Alhamdulillah
33. Our Ibrahim
34.Love, Respect and veneration
35.Teach me how to Lord
36. Blame and Shame
37. I want 11
38. Secrets
39. Caught
40. Somehow married
41. Caught in the middle
43. Masjid Noor
44. Sharing Youssef

42. Call him

1.1K 76 26
Oleh prayerandpatience

Author's note:

😂😂seeing that tweet I won't even explain why it took so long to update. I hope all of you have been well and I hope I can now update regularly. Hopefully💓
********

AQSA's POV
Youssef was still at the gym, he has been working extra hard this week ever since they suffered the 2-0 defeat in the European competitions earlier this week.
I have to text him because we will be late, maman invited us over for dinner.

'Babe do you remember we have dinner at Maman's in an hour?' I text him.

He has been so serious this week. If I'm not getting a response, I'm literally going to drive to their training center and collect the dude! Don't they have closing hours??

'Youssef Amin!!!!' I text again.

I see the bubbles popping up.

'So sorry babe, I completely forgot about it, I'll be there to pick you up in 30 minutes.'

Great.

I finish getting ready and in just 5 minutes he was calling me to come out.

'I was actually going to come force you out of the gym. Youssef!'

'I'm sorry.'

'You are being so tough on yourself.'

'Aqsa, if we win this we are going to the semi-finals. It's massive. We've got to make it.'

It was normal for their team, but it wasn't for him. He had never played this far. It was still massive for their team. Any big team wanted success in Europe. What?? I sound like a football pundit right now. What has Youssef done to poor Aqsa!

'Is everyone working as hard as you though?'

'We are all trying our best.' He says with a smile.

I just hope everyone is as committed as he is. He has been working so hard.

'You should rest as well for your match tomorrow.'

He had another match tomorrow afternoon. Which I was going to. He kisses my hand remembering that I've promised to go.

'I'm so happy to know you'll be around.'

'In sha Allah and the one on Tuesday!'

'Look who is the #1 supporter!'

I blush.

We get to mamans and we find that the food was ready. I whisper into Youssef's ear that if it wasn't for him I'd make it early enough to help maman.

We sit down and have conversations and later on eat.

I feel for Maryam who is the only child around. It's so different from my family gatherings which are fully packed with kids Allahumma barik. There's a lot of us and given that Youssef has moved out it must really be boring for her here.

Dinner goes well Alhamdulillah and after that we drive back home. It's still a little bit early for us to go to bed so we just freshen up and sit on the couch.

Youssef pulls me closer to him and I look up to his face. He places a kiss on my forehead.

'Darling I want to ask you something but please be very honest about it okay?'

I look at him curiosity peaking.

'Just be very honest. I am just asking.'

'Okay Youssef can you ask already.'

Youssef smiles a tight smile. I'm so nervous rightnow.

'What do you think about my parents and Maryam moving in with us?'

I never saw this coming.

Our house was big for us and enough to accommodate them yes. We had a whole floor that we weren't using. It had two bedrooms , it could be enough for them, would they even agree?

'Would they agree?' I ask. I know how his parents feel about privacy and independence.

'I'm just asking you, what do you think?'

'I'm not against it. I'm from a big family so I'm somehow used to having people around. It gets quiet and boring sometimes here and I feel like Maryam feels alone at home as well.'

It was also not so weird because there was no non-mahram. So I wouldn't  have to worry about hijab at home and the lack of freedom and given that it was on a whole other floor we would still have our privacy.

'I noticed it.'

'Me too babe. It was somehow sad during dinner. She was so glad we were there.' I tell him.

'So do you think I should ask them to move in with us?' Youssef asks me.

'I think you can just talk about the idea with them for now.'

'In sha Allah.'

My in laws were nice people Alhamdulillah I loved all of them. We had a beautiful relationship and I wasn't against living with them now that I've known them. Youssef and I will be married for 2 years in a few months.

'Please if you even have the slightest doubt about this idea, please tell me darling I'll understand.'
He tells me.

'I will.'

We've grown so much Alhamdulillah.

I know how other people feel about it. I'm also a little bit scared because what if we try it and it doesn't work out?

I tell that to Youssef and he tells me we have to pray istikhara about it.

Istikhara.

I remember Asiyah.

'I have to call Asiyah.' I tell Youssef, he looks at me surprised.

'Someone is interested in her for marriage.'

'Oh. Alhamdulillah that's good. And?'

'Nothing has happened. She just thinks it's too soon because her divorce just happened and she thinks he'll change his mind once he finds out she has 3 kids.'

'In sha Allah if there's khair in it. May Allah bless her with it.'

'Amin.'

I take my phone and dial Asiyah's number.
After salaam, I go straight to the point.

'Asiyah if you are not against it, i figured just pray istikhara and if there's good you can know if we should contact him.'

'Aqsa, you are really fixated on this.'

'I know you are interested so just pray istikhara!!! Girl.'

'Okay fine. I will, then you tell him about what I told you!' I hear Aysha crying and she has to hang up now.

Youssef turns to me.

'Contact him? Is it someone you know?'

'Okay, they met through me. His niece is my patient.'

'Ohhh.'
I just have a good feeling about it. I can't explain it.

****
Zayn, Sayeed, Me, Ruqqayya, Saffiyya, Baba and Hamad were all going. We were also going to meet with Maman, Papa and Maryam. All going to support Youssef. May Allah allow them to win amin. They needed 3 or more goals to go through.

We all sit at the VIP section waiting for kick off this evening.

We take pictures together.

Oh Allah allow Youssef to create history.

After an hour the match begins. The fans are super loud. The whistle goes off. What an atmosphere. People are chanting everywhere to their favorite players. It's magical and given that Youssef's team was playing at home, the home fans were crowded.

Youssef's team starts well. They are attacking aggressively. They have to get the goals in. 10 minutes in and it's still goalless. They are dominating the game just not scoring.

The other team starts attacking now, they don't want this. Striker in the penalty box about to shoot and he goes down. PENALTY.

Oh my God. A penalty against Derby Athletics. Youssef looks distraught. They are all angry, that's a defensive error from Youssef. He goes for the ball to make a tackle and he takes the player down, misses the ball.

They take the penalty and they score.

This plus the 2 goals they conceded away makes it 3. They were 3 goals down.

His teammates try to console him but he looks distraught still.

'That was a good call. He was going to score regardless. They were exposed! he had to do something.' Baba says.

'The full back was not in position. They were exposed. Right call!'

I don't know, I'm just afraid that they are going to slaughter him online if they don't make it. The media. They will make him the scapegoat.

Or even physically abuse him on the street.

They now have to score 4 goals or 3 to go to added minutes and a possible penalty shoot out.

The energy is now dead. I see people hopeless. Some heart broken. How are they going to make it back from being 3 goals down.

I still believe. I hope Youssef does too.

I know my baby he is not giving up this easily. They still have what? 80 minutes. They are enough. I assure myself.

Anyways the game goes on. They play very well Alhamdulillah and by the end of half time, Youssef's team is back!!!! It's 2-1 Alhamdulillah.

The energy was back to being electrical. Fans were chanting throughout the halftime break. Trying their best to lift the team up.

They come back and they have 45 minutes to redeem themselves. 45 minutes. The clock is now ticking.

20 minutes of the 2nd half go goalless. Another 5 more and a tap in!!!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!!! It's 3-3 on aggregate. THEY HAVE AN ACTUAL CHANCE! Tears in my eyes. Tears in everyone's eyes. The stadium is loud!!! The opposition is now distraught. They look lost!!! 20 more minutes minus added time! They need 1 goal and they are through.

The game gets more physical. Each team wants to make it to the next round. Everyone seems to be giving their all. 90 minutes are up. 3 minutes of added time and it looks like we are heading for an added 30 minutes of extra time.

Derby Athletic get a corner. Everyone goes on to attack. Even their goal keeper. It's all men infront. They want that goal.
Everyone in position. In what could be the last action of the added 3 minutes.

Jamal Lopez to take it.

Jamal Lopez takes the corner. A screamer from Youssef and it hits the net and its 4!!!!!!!!!
4-1 today.
4-3 on aggregate.

DERBY ATHLETICS ARE THROUGH! Undeniably through. With seconds to go.

The opposition team gets on their knees. All hope is gone. What a dramatic match. Youssef runs in celebration. His teammates lifting him up. He hugs Jamal. This was magical.

I was in tears. As always. Hamad was jumping up and down. Papa and Baba were hugging.
Oh the beautiful game. How beautifully it has brought everyone together. Alhamdulillah.

I was hugging maman.

This moment right here.

He did it!!!!!

The whistle goes off and they all celebrate, hugging the manager and staff. Everyone is so happy. 4-3!!! So glad we didn't have to go to extra time!!

I wanted to hug him so bad. There's literally no way I could make it closer. He looks at us and waves. Everyone here is just super proud of him.

Our superstar.

What a match.

Youssef later on comes for a post-match interview and I really wish I could hear it. But we can't from the stands. We just see him and the captain. After all the media work and fans leaving we walk out of the stadium together, eagerly waiting to meet Youssef at home. We have to celebrate.

It was just awful that it was a work day tomorrow. It was already late and everyone had an early morning tomorrow. Hamad was already telling his Baba he is not going to school tomorrow.

'Hamad your mother will finish both of us. Yallah let's go.'

We laugh and go our separate ways.

I get in the car with Maman, Papa, Maryam and me get into Papa's car and they say they'll drop me home.

'I really wish we'd celebrate with Youssef tonight.' I tell Maman.

'Yeah. Unfortunately it's so late and by the time he comes home, it'll be midnight.'

'True.'

Just then my phone starts to ring. Youssef.

'Asalaam alaikum habibi, Mabrooook mabrooook'

'Waalaikum salaam my love. Thank you, thank you sooo much.'

'We are so proud of you Youssef!' Maryam says.

Youssef realizing I have him on speakerphone.

'Thank you my beautiful princess.'

'We are on our way home. Maman and Papa will drop me.'
He says salaam to his parents and they congratulate him.

'We can't wait to celebrate with you champ.'

I take it off speaker and talk to him.

'I'll be home in an hour in sha Allah.'

'Have you eaten?' I ask him so I can prepare something for him when he gets home.

'I have but I'll also come with food.'
Youssef eats like a blue whale post match but it's justified because 90+ minutes of intense physical activity requires the compensation.
He eats twice.

'In sha Allah.'

They drop me at home and I go inside, well atleast he should come home to a good looking wife. So I'll dress up and prepare the table even if he is coming with the food.

Also Youssef's timetable has made my eating pattern a nightmare because I end up eating late at night. Like what is this??? eating dinner at midnight!

I get into the shower quickly. After all that activity at the stadium even my hair needs a wash. I dry it out after I get out of the shower. I moisturize myself then slip in a white silk dress, let my hair down and apply some gloss. No make up at this hour! I've done my night skin routine as well. So I'm good. I set the table and light up some candles just before I'm done Youssef opens the door and I can hear him downstairs.

He walks up the stairs, puts the bags on the table as  I rush to hug him. Tightly.

'I am so proud of you.' I tip toe.

He breaks the hug to look into my face.

'I couldn't wait to come home to you.' He looks into my eyes, and I close mine he as he pulls me closer to him again.

*** ;)

'Now let's eat before the food gets cold.'

'Yes.'

'You look beautiful.' He tells me as we sit down to eat.

*******
It's Saturday, Youssef is having an away match so he is out of the city for a few hours, Asiyah calls me.
'Are you coming today? Fatma is here.'

'Wow wow just say that you miss me.'

'Please don't get big headed. Just come.'

'Fine. Fine.'

Actually Ruqqayya and Saffiyya were already blowing up my phone that I should go after work. They were having a late lunch outside the garden and everyone was going to be there.
I'll go pick up Maryam so she can hang out with Aaminah and the other kids in sha Allah.
So after work it's 3pm and I drive to Maman's place and pick up Maryam and we drive to my parents house.
The spread was amazing. The food looked delicious, everyone had their phones out snapping the table.

I great everyone and Maryam does the same, she then joins the other kids. She takes Aysha and she plays with her we watch them from a distance.

Mother then says, we should serve the food for the kids and take it to them, we all do it. Nasrah and I are finally alone we find ourselves talking after bringing food to the kids, we don't notice until Mother calls us.

'You two!'

'We haven't seen each other for over a week.' I say. Trying to justify ourselves. We needed to catch up. My favorite sister-in-law!!!!

We join everyone and prepare our plates. I mean it when I say everything looked so good.
Space for dessert please. That kunafa and basbousa was waiting for me.

'MashAllah Aqsa you have an appetite!' Saffiyya jokes.

'Wallahi, Youssef has ruined me, I am fully adopting his eating habits.'

Everyone laughs.

We have a great time Alhamdulillah. We enjoy the dessert as well. Mother was tired now and everyone was going their own way. Me and Asiyah end up in the kitchen, Asiyah making tea for us and she turns to me.

'By the way Aqsa, did Omar reach out to you again?'

'Who is Omar?' Ruqqayya and Saffiyya walk into the kitchen.

Our facial expressions turn into bursted. How could we be so reckless.

'Judging from your faces, we were not supposed to be part of this conversation. Now I'm more curious.' Ruqqayya opens her smart mouth.

Just when I was about to tell them to get out of the kitchen—-

'Which conversation?' Fatma joins.

Oh Allah. All sisters were here now.

'Mhm?' Saffiyya insists.

Asiyah looks at them knowing they were not going to let this go.

'What is wrong with you guys. There's no conversation.'

'Haha— like we haven't noticed.'

They were not going to buy a lie. I couldn't think of anything to lie about by the way. Why would Omar reach out to me, whoever he was.

'Just say it, because if I want to find out I will and once I do—' Fatma says.

'You guys are so dramatic!' Asiyah rolls her eyes.
'All the best ms.Fatma!'

'Tea???' I ask them.

We all sit having tea and when me and Asiyah are alone again, I bring up the topic.

'Omar didn't reach out again. He's waiting for me to call or the mahram.'

'I prayed istikhara.' Asiyah tells me.

'And?'

'Call him. Tell him about the kids and divorce.' She rushes out.

'Asiyah.' I call out and she doesn't even turn. Disappears.

Really? No details?! Just call him?????

'Asiyah!!!!!!' I run after her.

'What? The Omar conversation didn't end well?' Ruqqayya teases.

I laugh at the comment and think I'll call him tomorrow in sha Allah.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

387K 26.9K 63
Genre: Romance, Suspence, and Spritiual ranking#1 IN MODEL She is his boss and He is her PS. She is a model and He is Worker. She is B...
47.5K 1.5K 36
~ completed Meet Romessa Ansari, a girl who had gone on holidays to her home country with her family, but what she doesn't know is that something el...
289K 16.2K 46
Highest rank #38 in spiritual. Completed meet Hatina, a young muslimah who always dreamed of being loved, but anyone she loved never loved her back...
59K 2.5K 31
' for me, it had to be her. ' #1 in football - 3/2/23 #5 in world - 3/2/23 #5 in arab -21/2/23 #2 in psg - 8/5/23