Mirage of the Moon||TaeJin

Door ukiyo_0701

A power hungry alpha plans to trap an omega in his greed to acquire immortality and limitless strength. An un... Meer

1. Prologue
2. The Prize
3. The Boy Who Lived
4. Into The Wild
5. Chasing Fires
6. Till I Find You
7. The Truth Untold
8. Dauntless
9. Fire On Fire
10. Arrival of Conflict
11. A Test of Will
12. The Trouble I'm In
13. True Colours
14. The Onset of A Storm
15. Cruel Intentions
16. Battle of the Beasts
17. Calling Me A Sinner?
18. Unstoppable
19. In My Blood
20. Beauty in Adversity
21. Alone, Together
22. I Will Be Your Armour
23. Tug Of War
24. The Unfitting Warrior
25. When Alpha Claims
26. This I Promise You
27. Can I Trust You?
28. Disaster In The Air
29. Caught In A Lie
30. Of Love and Lore
31. In Mood for Malice
32. Thunder and Lightning
33. The Mystery of Love
34. Where Our Horizons Meet
35. Where The Mind Is Without Fear
36. War Of Hormones
37. Truth Begins to Show
38. Echoes of Tomorrow
39. Better Left Unsaid
40. Stay With Me~Pt. 1
41. Stay With Me~Pt. 2
42. Be In My Touch
43. Caged In Camouflage
44. The Price Of A Life
45. War of Hearts
47. A Game of Thrones
48. Beyond Enemy Borders
49. A Losing Game
50. Desperate Measures
51. The World Could be Ours
52. What We Fight For
53. Rhapsodies of Change
54. Power Over Me
55. Half of My Heart
56. Legions Of Fate
57. A Twist of Fate
58. The Fault in Our Stars
59. Through the Storm
60. Because We Are Destined
61. A Heart of Courage
62. A Gift of a Dream
63. A Tryst with Destiny
64. Wings of Apocalypse
65. The Song of Surrender
66. The Birth of Tragedy

46. All You Never Say

3.2K 260 459
Door ukiyo_0701

#Warning: Violent scenes

Third Person’s P.O.V.

Jungkook knew that Taehyung would never allow Seokjin to be brought to the palace, he knew that the guards would come back empty handed and grovel at his feet for their failure just like they were doing now.

So, he didn’t put much effort to listen to them…he just needed people to know that North Gate castle was going to be attacked…and that he had tried to warn them as a thoughtful and good king should.

He dismissed them soon, walking out of the throne room to head towards his study where Jimin was waiting to deliver him the letter that had arrived in secret from Zyon.
And Jimin gulped as he set the letter before him on the desk, already aware of what was written in it “he agreed Sire.”

A grin broke out on Jungkook’s lips as he read through the letter “I see…that surely makes matters very interesting…and fairly easy for me to work on my plans.”

His eyes moved towards the omega now, eyes so cold that it made Jimin gulp with fear as he began realizing what he was about to command him to do.

“Omega…it’s time to prove yourself worthy if you want to stay in Kleon and under my care…” the words were low and the entire room held the chill that made anxiousness rise up Jimin’s spine “my brother will have left by the time you will reach there”

Jimin’s eyes dropped to the ground as he gave a short nod.

“It’s good thing that Seokjin trusts you” Jungkook spoke, eyes moving back to the letter which held the news of King Do-Hwan accepting his suggestion for a peace treaty, only if he had his revenge in eradicating the trueblood who had killed his father and if the lands that Kleon had usurped last time was returned to him.

“I want no casualties this time…I gave him quite a few chances to do what is right, he should have broken his bond with him and accepted my mark…that omega brought this on himself for his own stupidity…”

His fingers tightened into a fist as his anger effectively showed itself in his spiteful gaze.

“But clearly he chose to stand on the wrong side…and now he must pay the price…” his gaze moved to the large map spread over the entire desk and he got up to walk around it “send them the message to keep a troop ready near the forests in the North, the trap door that leads to the North Gate castle will be opened after the war begins…and they can attack my brother’s home.”

Lithe flames from the fireplace bathed the room in shadows and Taehyung watched his mate lying peacefully in his arms, the embers smouldering just as slow as the passing minutes that left a golden glow on the two who sat curled up against each other on the carpeted floor before the fire.

His mind was running with a million thoughts again, the trueblood basking in pride to see his omega settle against him and feeling safe and at peace, relieved and rejuvenated. He let his concerns ease as well and licked at the mark he had just etched, his saliva effectively helping in sealing it. Jin rustled waking up a bit and Taehyung fixed the rug on themselves to help keep their bare bodies warm.

“Mhmm…” an incoherent mumble slipped the omega’s lips as he tucked his head under Taehyung’s chin “wan-na sleep” Jin groaned into his chest, eyes shut and skin glistening with a screen of sweat as he breathed in slow long draws. However, one could see the healthy blush in his features and his scent sweet with satiation.

Taehyung felt Jin rubbing his nose against his neck as the omega softly purred. His eyes closed at the feel of Jin lapping at his throat and he realised that his mate was grooming him and leaving his scent on him. His hand almost involuntarily moved to caress the omega’s hips, as he nuzzled into his head, the smell of comfort filling his senses as he relaxed against his mate.

“Sleep” his voice was as profound as the calm of the night air around them.

He could sense his mate’s worry, he knew Jin was grooming and scent marking him to let him know that he cared about him and was showing off his claim on him as well. It made the trueblood bask in pride, his hand gently moving to set over his mate’s pregnant belly and his insides tightened with concern as he sensed his pup. He felt a strong steady heartbeat, the spark of unusual power that it held was too evident and he wasn’t sure about how to feel about it.

The pride that brewed in him to know his child would be as invincible as himself was undeniable but he couldn’t deny the aggression that raged in him at the thought of his pup trying to challenge him or hurting Jin, his trueblood very prepared to show its dominance and its strength to ensure that his pup would never dare to go against him. He realized almost at the same time that he was letting his aggression towards that arrogant spirit take over him again and remembered his Hyung's words to keep in mind that it wasn't Jin...but only a part of his mate.

His gaze came back to rest at the side of Jin’s face, mind filling with affection and protectiveness as he saw him sleeping in his embrace.

“Why are you so eager to protect them…?”

The question sounded like an extension of his thoughts as the words softly collided with the silence that surrounded them.

“For the same reason you want to protect everyone” Jin spoke into the alpha’s chest “because I feel I should…because I think that I was given the ability to be stronger than others for a reason…”

Taehyung wanted to laugh at that knowing how ridiculously opposite the reality was “I fight to protect because that’s what I was born to do…my father wanted a super soldier whom everyone would fear n made me the Commander of Kleon…I protect because that's my job.”

There was a little silence that overtook the scene again, and Taehyung thought Jin had finally fallen asleep when he felt the omega circling his arms around him and nuzzling into his chest to cling onto the alpha a little more closely.

“And who says you don’t need to be protected?”

Taehyung’s gaze froze on his omega, to hear the one he was supposed to protect and keep safe talk about protecting him…his mind was harried with thoughts but heart warm with a sensation of delight that had forever felt very foreign to him as he realized how his omega, so he held his silence, not knowing how to show what such simple gestures from Jin did to him.

“I do not believe in fate much” Jin’s lighter voice cut the silence again “but I think someone up there knew that out of all the people in the world you’d need the help of my powers the most…and with the amount of times I’ve had to heal you, I think I’m right”

Taehyung tried but couldn’t hold back the smile as he listened to Jin…this sassiness in the omega had always tantalized him.

“It’s funny of you to say that because I clearly remember you breaking my nose and knocking me out quite a few times” he taunted, fingers unmindfully grazing up and down Jin’s back.

“That was because you were being an asshole at that time” Jin muttered under his breath.    

“Well, on my behalf…I had different kinda ideas about having a mate…I am not used to seeing an omega like you” the alpha spoke sighing against Jin’s temple, mouth stealing a peck.

Jin pulled his head back to stare up at him “what kinda ideas?”

There was no harshness or spite in his voice as he asked to simply know and yet Taehyung suddenly felt short of words about how to describe it since now that they had accepted each other it didn’t really matter much…but more so because now that he thought about it he realised how much of an ass he actually had been to Jin solely due to reason that Jin didn’t act like the mate he wished his omega would be.

“Nothing…it doesn’t matter anymore…you’ll call me a brute again if I say those” he chuckled to himself before he quietened down a little, eyes growing more thoughtful as he gazed at his mate “your actions angered me and made me feel challenged…mostly because I wasn’t very happy to learn that I wasn’t a good alpha…because I always thought I was the best…and couldn’t accept the fact that I had issues that I had to change”

Jin could see the reflection of the flickering flames dancing in the alpha’s darker eyes, a warm glow bathed his sharp features and made his bronze skin shimmer. And it was as if the same glow that made an endearing warmth creep up from his quivering gut to his heart, the sight of Taehyung looking so calm, collected and honest made his heart fill with something he knew not how to name. The alpha rarely opened up to him or let him know his inner thoughts, it was mostly angry arguments and authoritative commands that passed his lips. It was at times like these that he felt like he could really see who Taehyung really was, or what his heart held beyond that arrogant angry shell of the trueblood Commander who was fabled for his skill in taking lives.

“Judging from the circumstances you had to survive…I’d say you grew up quite good…not to mention you’re truly are the best soldier and your people know that too” Jin spoke and he could see the smile slowly breaking on Taehyung’s lips, eyes gleaming with pride and it was easy to see that his words really did have an effect on the alpha.   

“Look at trying to defend your alpha eh kitten?” Taehyung teased making Jin scoff which turned to a squirm when he felt the him kissing the mark on his neck again.

“I was just saying the truth…like I always do” he tried to explain while pink dusted the apple of his cheeks, a natural reaction to how Taehyung chose to discard the conversation to concentrate on scenting his mate and Jin could feel the heavy scent of amber and pines and mossy earth clog his senses, his omega content and delighted with the attention the alpha was giving him.

“Tell me that’s a joke” Taehyung scoffed against the omega’s neck “you’re a trickster kitten, and I’m sure you know that too…lied to everyone to act as a beta at the camps…denied to listen to my commands to play the hero to save your homeland…lied to your alpha about taking birth control-” “A’right…a’right I get it…but I had my reasons” Jin huffed, arms coming up to push at Taehyung’s chest as he tried to get out of the coil of his arms only to be pulled back in to be cradled against the same warm chest.

“I know you did…but I expect that to change from here on…you can’t think about doing stuff behind my back anymore Jin…you’re not just taking decisions for yourself but our pup as well…n I can’t allow you to be reckless n hurt my child.”

“Why would I hurt him?” Jin sounded distraught “he’s my pup too…do you even know how worthless it makes me feel to realize that I am the only omega who cannot bond with his own child? Even you can do that…I can sense it…he bonds with you, he seeks for your proximity…he seeks for your strength whenever you’re close…I don’t understand why won’t he try to bond with me…”

“He wants to…I’m sure he does…” Taehyung spoke, voice heavy as he gulped knowing he shouldn’t have said that and held Jin’s head to his chest, releasing calming pheromones to help the omega settle down. He knew it wasn’t Jin’s fault and there was a strong urge in him to tell him everything but he was sure it would freak Jin out and with the war upon them he didn’t want to leave Jin at home feeling insecure and troubled.

It’d kill his trueblood to think of going to war knowing that his mate was hurting and needed him to make him feel better. He had sensed Jin’s fatigue and discomfort soothe when he marked him and let his omega rejuvenate himself as well as the pup. Jin had begun to show now as well, the bump although small was a sure proof that the pup was growing just as it should be.  

“Just give it a little more time” he tried to assure him with something and assure himself as well “it will be alright”.

Jin was asleep by the time Taehyung had carried him back to their chamber, the omega remained unaware in his slumber as the alpha washed and dressed him before he laid him down on the bed and tucked him in.

He still slept in peace when dawn came and the trueblood kissed his temple before leaving his home to join at the head of the troops that waited for his command being completely oblivious of the treachery his brother was about to commit to see him disadvantaged before the enemy.

“Alone?” Hoseok spoke with a little hint of concern in his voice to hear the Commander say that he was going to head for the palace of Zyon once the troops get busy in battle at the gates.

“There’s no point in risking more lives…we’re already running short on men” Taehyung stated knowing they’d need as much muscle power as possible to fight against those fifty thousand men when their troops were only half in number.

“This is very unlike you though Commander” Hoseok smirked to himself, eyes glinting with mischief as he looked at Taehyung “you trusting me with commanding the entire troops while you’re away…is it because your hyungie trusts me eh?”

“It’s because I am planning to make you go headless if you fuck up anything” the Commander spoke through gritted teeth “so stop fooling and focus if you want to keep your head fuckface!”

“You know I think Seokjin could be a really helpful aid in this war for us” he sighed, pretending to feel a little dejected at the threat and found the one way to counterattack at the trueblood which he knew would work without fail “both to keep you sane and to help us annihilate the enemy…”

He received a fiery glare from the trueblood in return.

“I mean…I understand the concern, no alpha would bring their pregnant mate to war…I’m just saying I miss him already” and Hoseok realized that he had probably overstepped the line again since he felt like he was going to die before he’d even have the chance to face the enemy when he saw the trueblood coming at him with an agitated snarl.

“Well…you know what…I know a very effective way to help you not dream about my mate!”

“I didn’t mean I ‘miss’ him in a wrong way or anything! I meant for the war! The war!” He was backing away with hands raised before him when a messenger arrived to inform them about Zyon’s troops approaching the borders and thankfully the Commander stopped in his tracks to hear that.

“Prepare the soldiers…fall in line everyone!” Taehyung marched out of the tent to where the men jostled to ready themselves, swords unsheathed, bows strung tight and arrows in place. He mounted his stallion in one swift move, and Chen came to his side to hand him his helmet.

“Chen” his voice was heavy with anticipation as he took in the sight of numerous armed men approaching them.

“Yes Commander”

“The General will take over in my absence…if he tells the troops to charge…you charge without question…and if he pulls back…you abide” his words were a command “but remember not to accept any misjudgment and oppose if you feel something is wrong.”

Chen gulped trying not to think of the risk the trueblood had decided to take on himself “yes Commander.”

He watched him direct his stallion to lead the men, to face the war head on along with the troops and Chen along with the entire field of men felt proud to be going to war with their Commander, the trueblood’s valiant spirit effectively warming up all of them as they too prepared to take part in the combat like bravehearted men.

“Archers take aim!” The deep heavy voice roared as Taehyung unsheathed his sword “shields up…forward line ready your swords! Charge!!”

“IN THE NAME OF KLEON…!!!”

And thousands of heavy echoes reached upto the skies. 

-

Ha-yoon saw a crowd of people filing into the North Gate castle right when she was about to call the omega to join her for breakfast.

There were at least fifty of them as they halted at the open porch before her.
“What is going on?” A frown grew on her face to see familiar faces among the crowd and the few came forward to tell her about how the prince had offered to give them shelter here to stay protected during war time.

“You mean Seokjin? He told you to bring all of them here?” She blinked at them to understand what the omega had been thinking, or how were they going to provide shelter to fifty people. She told them to settle in the servants quarters for now when Yushik arrived to let her know that Master had approved of the Prince’s decisions and had told him to prepare for their arrival and provisions had already been made to help them settle in the castle for the time being.

She realized then that the omega must have learnt about them leaving to travel across borders and had taken this decision to help them, and a little smile etched on her face as she thought back on Taehyung’s words about his mate having the habit of playing the hero every time wherever he went. 

For the past few days, Ha-yoon had noticed that something had gone wrong between the two because Taehyung had been oddly cold and silent while Seokjin looked very restless and confused, wasn’t eating well…stayed cooped inside the chamber all day…barely talking to anyone. She had been trying to check on him, to see if it was his pregnancy that was causing him troubles but the young omega had been dodging it and not just him, Taehyung had dodged talking about it as well when she had inquired about it.

However, last night she had been happy to be assured that they resolved it, which was essential because after all Seokjin would be very anxious anyway with his alpha going to war. Pregnant omegas are by nature very dependent on their mates and seek constant attention from their alphas, they get easily distressed and sick without their alpha’s scent which makes them feel safe and secure.  

And her worries seemed to be coming true this morning as she stepped inside the chamber after the attendants informed her that the Prince wasn’t feeling well.

She was sure that something was really wrong. The room smelled heavily of Jin’s distressed pheromones, the scent was so strong that it almost felt pungent to her and she could tell that he was seeking for the trueblood. She could hear Jin retching in the washroom and went in to see the omega looking sick as he stood on trembling legs, sweat making his clothes cling on him.

“Seokjin-ah…what’s wrong?” She asked walking nearer.

“Why is he l-like this?” A sob broke out breaking his words in between “I don’t know what’s going on…I feel weird…” he hiccupped, retching again “he went to war without even saying a word!” He grumbled and continued weeping, right before losing the strength in his legs and drooping to the floor and passed out.  

“Oh goodness…help him up n put him on the bed” she hurried along with the others to get him out of the washroom.

It was about an hour later that he regained his consciousness and the attendants brought him food while Ha-yoon sat by his side.

“You’re extremely anxious, you almost had a panic attack Seokjin-ah! And I don’t understand why but you’re going through symptoms of desertion. You do know he didn’t desert you, he’s your alpha…he’d never do that but he’s also the Commander of the troops, he has to be there…don’t worry yourself so much.”

She saw him stay quiet, his face pale as his chest moved in rapid breaths.

“What is it that’s troubling you so much sweetheart?”

She saw him move his head to a side as tears filled his eyes again “he just woke up and left…how can he just leave for war without a word? Why is he this insensitive?” Jin was grumbling again, he too wasn’t sure why he felt so anxious and agitated.

Ha-yoon sighed, hand caressing the side of the omega’s face as she rubbed away the tears “try and calm down…your anxiousness affects your pup as well, remember that” she saw him still grumbling to himself and cursing at his alpha’s careless insensitivity “he left before dawn broke…he probably did not want to ruin your sleep…” she tried again but saw that it wasn’t doing much good anyway.

“Seokjin-ah” “It feels like I did something very wrong, maybe it’d have been better if I went with him…my omega is utterly restless-” he bit into his lip trying to hold the sniffle in as he turned to her “I am scared for him…why do I feel like this?” 

Ha-yoon smiled to herself as she saw the omega blink at him with moisture lining his worried eyes “you just said yourself why you feel like this” she chuckled a little at him “you’re scared for your mate’s wellbeing, and that is completely normal…it’s your mate bond that allows you to sense each other’s emotions, just the way it lets you sense each other’s physical state like when you can feel his pain…your bond has grown stronger now that you’ve allowed yourself to feel for him and hence both of your wolves have bonded more closely than before” she explained as best as she could to him “you will be able to sense his emotions like happiness, anger, grief, fear…or if he is in some sort of danger.”

Jin’s gaze dropped from hers’ as he reflected on the words, worry still nipping at his mind as he struggled to calm down.

“Oh, I almost forgot” Ha-yoon spoke smiling at him “it was nice of you to let them stay here during wartime, they wanted me to let you know that they are grateful for your kind gesture.”

Jin sat up, his head still felt a little heavy but he didn’t want to stay in bed all day…Taehyung’s scent made him want to whine and cry for the alpha again, his scent was both comforting as well as troublesome because although it calmed him yet at the same time it made him feel needy for more. He wasn’t sure if this bonding more strongly was a blessing or a curse because of the way he felt right now.

“It’s only logical…we have so many empty rooms here that no one uses…not to mention all those empty unkempt cells downstairs…we could help a hundred more and let them stay there if we clean those out” he spoke as logically as possible making the lady’s breath catch.

“Uh…Seokjin…those cells downstairs are dungeons…I’m pretty sure no one will be happy to know that you want to provide them shelter there” she wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry at how naïve the omega was to think about using prison cells as living rooms.

“Dungeons?” Seokjin’s eyes looked wide with surprise “but why are there dungeons in your home?”

“Because this castle was actually built by the King once to hold criminals who needed to be kept far away from the normal society….it was before this place was turned to be our home…a fitting monument for someone he wanted to hold under his command but far enough to not let his name be tarnished with the reputation of guilt and shame he had endowed on me” her voice dwindled to become very low as she spoke in almost hushed tones now “he remained the King, held onto his throne in all his pride yet I was stripped off of the position I held as the royal medic…as if I hadn’t spent years to learn and master the skills I had…but it was my body that bore him the child he sought for and so I was the one to be blamed for the King’s slip of decorum...all of Kleon blamed me for ‘seducing’ the King and forcing him to break off his bond with the Queen to claim me…while it was nothing even close to that…I never wished to wear his mark…”

Jin stared at her as he began understanding the deeper meaning in her words, he felt something prick his chest as he watched her jaw grit as she tried not to feel emotional about it.

“I am sorry if I am crossing a line…but did he mark you without permission as well?”

Ha-Yoon picked her head up gulping the pain bubbling at the back of her throat as she tried to smile at the innocent heart that stared at her with big concerned eyes.

“Omegas are not the only ones oppressed under a tyrant King Seokjin-ah…a King who doesn’t have a heart has no mercy for anyone…be it an alpha or a beta or an omega” a tear slipped her right eye to trickle down her cheek as she shakily held the failing smile “but I will plead to you to not look upon Taehyung as being similar to his father, my son considers you as his true mate…he cares about you although he often has despicable ways of showing it…the King was never my alpha, they think he broke off his bond and mated me because he loved me but that isn’t the reality…I was taken…I wasn’t actually desired by him, let alone being loved…I was merely a means for him to acquire a trueblood heir.”

The room fell silent as she finished telling him what she hadn’t planned to share and Jin watched her stiffly sitting by the side of the bed with slumped shoulders and downcast eyes, till he moved close enough to hold her in a hug and tried to calm himself and settle his own scent down to let her use it to feel calm as well. As an alpha Ha-yoon reflexively responded to the omega’s thoughtful gesture and embraced Seokjin back, inhaling a large breath of the comforting jasmine scent to let herself ease into the peace it slowly set within her.

“I am so sorry” “Taehyung doesn’t know” her voice was weak and afraid at the side of his head “I-I never regretted him…he became my strength ever after…it’s the reason I decided to mentor him myself n did not let the King take him away from me…I don’t want him to think that it was because of him I had to go through everything that the King did to me.”

Jin nodded understanding her point “I will not tell him anything about it…please trust me on that.”

“I do” Ha-yoon pulled away from the embrace, softly smiling at the young omega before her “I could only talk about it to you because I know what a considerate heart you have…I had never felt comfortable enough to share this with anyone till now.”

A surreal sense of responsibility grew in Jin’s heart and he began realizing what it meant to cherish a heart that trusts him enough not to break it…and this realization led him to understand a little more about guarding a heart that holds him within it in fond care...he realized his emotions were not as chaotic as they had been when he had woken up to see that Taehyung had left him again to wake in an empty bed, and his heart twisted to realize that he was actually that upset because his alpha had gone to war and he hadn’t even wished him well.

The fear and anxiousness however slowly gave way to a calm understanding that his alpha knew that he’d be waiting for him…and as his alpha, he’d be bound to either return to him safely…or take him along in death…for that is the fate of being bonded as mates.

By the time Jin felt well enough to walk out of the chamber, the castle was bustling with people, all of them crowding around him, greeting him, bowing to him and thanking him for his kindness.

“I can see there’s more people arrived now” Ha-yoon spoke looking around alongside the omega prince “I think there’s quite a lot of people who fear staying unprotected during wartime…I wasn’t expecting them to be so many…”

“If Kleon loses the war, they fear they’ll be under attack first…and I don’t think they’re wrong” Jin spoke bowing back to the people who gazed at him with worshipful eyes “and I think Taehyung understood that too, it must be the reason he ordered Yushik to carry on with the preparations to accommodate them here”.

Ha-yoon turned to look at the young prince, he didn’t sound like the hurting feeble omega she had witnessed a couple hours back although she could still the worry coursing in his eyes and yet the person at her side sounded determined and strong, his actions focused on the surroundings and the people around to ensure their safety.

She had known early on that Taehyung was a stubborn alpha, and there were times she feared his stubbornness would hurt the mate he had taken without courting or consent but right now she could sense why he had been so stubborn in claiming Seokjin as his mate, in some way they reflected each other…both were equally dauntless, strict at their beliefs, resisting to oppression…and equally stubborn in doing what they wanted to. And she knew they’d be a formidable opponent to any enemy they’d face…however, she feared the thought of how formidable an opponent they’d be against each other if ever the tables were turned.

A flurry of steps and abrupt shrieks tore through the castle walls all of a sudden, the guards huddling together to counter the attack that had befallen on the North Gate castle and Jin’s attention was instantly drawn to it.

“Yushik! My sword!”

Ha-yoon was a little startled to hear the omega growl at her side and for some reason he sounded exactly like Taehyung.

“Seokjin-ah…you cannot-” “I’ll be fine…don’t worry about me” Jin spoke grabbing at his sword that Yushik held out for him “please take all of them downstairs and Yushik…let them all have weapons to protect themselves…I’ll stay up here.”

“I’d like to stay by your side Prince” Yushik bowed, unsheathing his sword and Jin nodded to him.

“We’d stand by you as well Prince!” A voice erupted at their back and Jin as well as Ha-yoon turned about to see most of the kitchen staff speak up.

“So will we!” Seulgi stepped out of the crowd and a cluster of young omegas joined at her side “we might be untrained but we are not scared to die…lead us, and we will follow you.”

“First thing you need to remember is…life is much glorious than death…so aim to live and focus on killing the enemy not yourself” Jin smiled at them before voicing out the next orders “give them a weapon of choice Yushik…Midel, Yuna please take the children downstairs and guard them, don’t come up until you’re sure everything is settled.”

Jin unsheathed his sword and walked ahead when he felt a grasp at his arm “he’ll be furious with you if you get hurt…not to mention if-” “I promised him that I will not fight, and I won’t till I’m sure that I need to” Jin assured her “because then if we don’t fight we’ll all die anyway…let’s at least try to live…save the lives we can, or at least save the children…” he spoke in decided words making Ha-yoon sigh by his side, she wanted to remind him that he too was pregnant…tell him that their pup deserved an equal chance to life as the kids he was trying to save.

“Very well then…” she looked at the troop of unfitting warriors that surrounded them and knew she had only one way to help “I’ll join you too.”

They watched the guards fighting with all their strength and Jin used this chance to warm up the others with the information about how to attack, when to attack and where to take aim so as to use their limited skills to their advantage and divided them in groups to put on every group a specific responsibility. Because most of them were not capable in handling swords, Jin let them choose smaller weapons like daggers or crossbows. He remembered Taehyung’s warning as well as the promise he had made and decided not to barge in to attack until he was sure that the guards were losing. He was not eager to play the hero as Taehyung would say it but then again he couldn’t sit and do nothing when he had ensured all these people that they’d be safe at North Gate castle.

However, his fears began coming true as he saw more and more enemy troops piling in and the guards being overpowered and butchered ruthlessly at their hands. The enemy looked resolute to see the devastation of their home…or possibly resolute to defeat the guards to aim to defeat someone else in particular but this intention of theirs was unknown to the omega prince. He was unaware of the treachery the King had played against him and his mate…he couldn’t even imagine that Jungkook could agree to let King Do-Hwan capture him and his mate and kill them in return for a peace treaty amongst the kingdoms.

“Ready…” he fixed his protective gear as he spoke over his shoulder to Seulgi and Yushik, who stood on his either side. Ha-yoon along with Eunji and a handful of other women had gone to the other side of the castle.

“Master will have my head if I let you get hurt” Yushik spoke in a faltering voice “so please…be careful Prince.”

Jin smiled to himself nodding to his words, knowing full well that the beta was not lying.

“Stay very alert…and call for help when needed” he commanded before walking ahead, his chest tight to see the open courtyard blotched with blood, defiled bodies lay in heaps as more enemy soldiers appeared, their cruel eyes fixing on the small group of armoured people who stood guarding the porch of the castle and Yushik instantly placed himself in front of their leader.

“Surrender the trueblood’s mate to us and we will leave without taking another life!” One of the enemy soldier’s shouted the words at Yushik who stood unmoving in his place, his grip tightening on his sword.

“No soul of Kleon ever learnt to surrender to pitiful weaklings like you!”

That was the beginning of the combat, as Jin watched the enemy charging at them and charged at them, their swords clashing as growls and curses erupted. His eyes sharp and senses alert as he wielded his sword, the group of beta women and omegas fighting alongside him tried their best to hold against the enemy as they followed the Prince’s guidance.

Jin could sense his omega not really abiding to his intentions to join in on the combat and aggressively reminding him to hide and stay out of danger just as his alpha had ordered him to do. But then there was that other voice inside his head that made him believe that he was beyond their power to harm even if they tried, the voice that said he could do anything he wanted if he believed he could because neither commands nor their strength would overpower his intentions.

And the soldiers soon realised this as well when they watched the beautiful male before them with wonderstruck eyes knowing there was something unnatural about him as every wound they inflicted on him disappeared into thin air the very next moment and the beauty stayed unaffected by their attacks. His scent and unique powers revealing to them that they had found the omega they had come in search of.

They shared glances, secretly affirming that they had pinpointed the target and all that remained was to capture him and follow their King’s orders.

Yushik noticed a group of soldiers surround an unaware Seokjin, who was busy in combat as he tried to get Seulgi safe because the omega was heavily injured and bleeding. He watched them prepare provisions to chain the Prince as he crouched down to heal Seulgi, who watched him wide-eyed to see her wounds healing up as he placed his hand over the bleeding gash.

“Don’t worry…you’re gonna be fine” Jin spoke right before hearing Yushik scream behind him and turned with a start to see him take a sword to his chest as he barred their intentions of capturing him.

Jin moved fast and was facing the soldier at that very instant, his hand set on the hand that held the sword as his gaze threatened to go white and everyone around watched the alpha fall to his knees before losing consciousness at the omega’s feet while the Prince hurried to heal Yushik.

“Prince…please…it’s better for you to go inside now…we will-” “You’re all gonna die without me…you know that too” Jin was decided in his resolution to stand by them and face the enemy.

“He is right” a new voice emerged in the midst of the jostling crowd that had taken a few steps back after seeing their comrade passed out cold and their heads snapped towards the figure that stood unaffected by the blood and gore that covered the floor “fighting will not help you Seokjin…you will not be able to win this…no matter how hard you fight.”

Pink silk swished across the floor as the omega approached, two little bells tinkling at his hip as his pale blue gaze fixed on Jin.

“Jimin” Jin’s voice had a sense of relief, his innocent heart not realizing the threat in those eyes “please…help us.”

The soldiers around them broke out into mocking laughter as they saw the prince plead to the slave for help but Jin couldn’t understand their reaction, his eyes flitting about as he tried to catch the hint beneath their derisive sniggers.

“Stop fighting and come with me…they don’t intend to hurt anyone else here anyway” Jimin’s voice was cold, his tone flat as his gaze stayed solely on Jin.

“Where?” Jin’s voice shook a bit as he began to see the truth in Taehyung’s warnings about not trusting Jimin.

“The King awaits your presence” and that was all Jimin said before Jin saw a vision spreading across his mind…a vision of what Jungkook had planned and how a fatal danger awaited for Taehyung…he could see him attack at the palace as he had told him he would and Jin’s heart clenched in blood-curdling fear to see the King of Zyon being very ready to ensure that the trueblood would never walk out of there alive.

Jin gulped, eyes splitting wider as he stared at Jimin and a voice echoed in his mind this time ‘he will die and so will you Seokjin…the least I can do is give you a chance to help him…but to do that you have to trust me and do something for me in return…’

Jin blinked at him, tears filling his eyes as he tried to gulp the fear that took over him to think the danger his alpha was headed for. He gave a short nod towards him and stood up after letting Seulgi help hold a still weak Yushik.

“Prince…no” Yushik grasped at his arm, looking up at him “don’t trust him…he’s not on your side…he works for the King.”

Jin’s face had gone pale as he tried to decide what to do, there sure was this thought at the back of his head that Jimin could be making up everything that he had shown him…but then again, he could be telling him the truth…and how could he possibly sit here and do nothing knowing that his mate was in danger.

“Yushik” he gulped, sheathing his sword as he inhaled deeply “let Ha-yoon know that I am leaving North Gate to ensure they are all kept safe” he turned towards Jimin “I expect you to keep your word to not hurt anyone here if I come with you…don’t take my kindness as my weakness Jimin, I too am trained to kill and will do so without regret if you betray me.”

“You were the target of this attack Seokjin…they will not hurt anyone…you have my word” Jimin gave a nod as he tried to assure him in secret that he actually was on his side and not the enemy as he read the doubt in Jin’s mind.

And true to those words Jin watched the men retreat as they brought a carriage for him to board. Jimin stepped inside it and Jin debated again before glancing at Yushik, his heart a mess of worry, fear and anxiousness as he took the decision to climb the step and settle inside beside Jimin in the carriage.

Although the biggest question that raged in Jin’s mind was “the King that awaits my presence isn’t Jungkook” his voice was flat with chilling fear that climbed his spine.

“No” Jimin replied sitting just as unaffected and unperturbed as he looked.

“You are working for the King of Zyon…or did Jungkook tell you to take me there?” Jin inquired again but received no reply from the other, whose cold eyes didn’t even look at him.

“What does the King of Zyon want from me?” Jin asked again feeling agitated to be kept in the dark as the fearful anticipations clouded his mind.

“Same thing they all want from you…” a smirk appeared at the corner at Jimin’s mouth “your powers Seokjin…it intrigues all who learns about it” a sigh slipped his lips as his gazed turned to the curtained window of the carriage and he gazed outside, a cold smile still resting on his lips “what mortal wouldn’t be tempted to conquer the divine?”

á na márië.

[A\N] I kid you not... I'm troubled by how difficult I have turned Jimin's character... Why am I like this? 🥲

Borahae 💜

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

38.5K 1.6K 25
[COMPLETED] Jeon Jungkook, is a beautiful and weak omega in others opinion. He is really good-looking, but Kim Taehyung feels that it's really not hi...
182K 6.2K 26
when ,due to a past event Taehyung don't want an Alpha as a mate but got two Alphas in return,and that to be true bloods. So what happens next, let's...
912K 32.1K 34
Completed 🔞Lots and Lots of smut🔞 💜 Jungkook and Taehyung are mates. However, their packs are enemy packs. Taehyung is pretending to be an alpha a...
425K 15.4K 30
Kim Taehyung, an Alpha meets his mate, another Alpha, Jeon Jungkook. Little does he know, that his life is about to change for the better. (WARNING)...