Picture Perfect Night Sky

By MelancholicBastard

Two people struggling with life as they do their best to find who they really are. One who's struggling with... More

Prologue
1 ¦ Margaret Fellice
2 ¦ Jacob Pierce
3 ¦ Margaret Fellice
4 ¦ Jacob Pierce
5 ¦ Margaret Fellice
6 ¦ Jacob Pierce
7 ¦ Margaret Fellice
8 ¦ Jacob Pierce
9 ¦ Margaret Fellice
10 ¦ Jacob Pierce
11 ¦ Margaret Fellice
12 ¦ Jacob Pierce
13 ¦ Margaret Fellice
14 ¦ Jacob Pierce
15 ¦ Margaret Fellice
16 ¦ Jacob Pierce
17 ¦ Margaret Fellice
18 ¦ Jacob Pierce
19 ¦ Margaret Fellice
20 ¦ Jacob Pierce
21 ¦ Margaret Fellice
22 ¦ Jacob Pierce
23 ¦ Margaret Fellice
24 ¦ Jacob Pierce
25 ¦ Margaret Fellice
26 ¦ Jacob Pierce
27 ¦ Margaret Fellice
28 ¦ Jacob Pierce
29 ¦ Margaret Fellice
30 ¦ Jacob Pierce
31 ¦ Margaret Fellice
32 ¦ Jacob Pierce
33 ¦ Margaret Fellice
34 ¦ Jacob Pierce
35 ¦ Margaret Fellice
36 ¦ Jacob Pierce
37 ¦ Margaret Fellice
38 ¦ Jacob Pierce
39 ¦ Margaret Fellice
40 ¦ Jacob Pierce
41 ¦ Margaret Fellice
42 ¦ Jacob Pierce
43 ¦ Margaret Fellice
44 ¦ Jacob Pierce
45 ¦ Margaret Fellice
Epilogue

46 ¦ Jacob Pierce

55 4 0
By MelancholicBastard

Here it is, the end of semester campus party or perhaps this can also be called a Christmas party since Christmas is like 2 days away. The fact that I'm feeling nervous about this can really show how much I'm waiting for this to happen. Even though I already witness this party in my past years in this campus, but this time is way different. In the past, I was dating the most obnoxious girl ever, but this time, I'm dating the person who I truly love.

Part of me is hoping that this will the most memorable day for the both of us. The other part is hoping that this party will never end because I want to spend my time with Margaret forever. Sighing softly, staring down at myself on the bathroom mirror. Margaret is now waiting inside the revenue. It just goes to show how much income that our campus has because they literally reserve a hotel to hold this party, like every other parties in the past.

Splashing water on my nervous face, trying to drown all the worries that forms on my face. What if she changed her mind to spend her time with me? No, there's no way she'll change her mind now. She fucking kissed me back in the art exhibit, so there's no fucking way she's backing out now.

Staring at myself in the mirror once more as I dry my whole face up. Looking down at my suit, I cringe for a moment. Noah asked me to wear a suit that looks like plain silver, I don't know what's his plan or why he suggests me to wear silver, but whatever it is, I hate wearing suit and ties. Sighing underneath my breath, why does it have to be a theme party? Can we just have a regular party where people wear what they want to wear, instead of this very formal and expensive stuff on us? I may look ridiculous on this, but I bet Margaret will look stunningly beautiful. Since the then is The Great Gatsby, she'll totally look the most elegant girl I'll ever lay my eyes on. I just need to stop being a scaredy-cat and head back in there.

A knock of the bathroom door made me flinch for a bit. God, why am I this timid now? Trying to compose myself, I yell out, "Who is it?"

"It's Glai,"

"What's up?" I try to dry my hands as quickly as possible before opening the door to face him. Staring down at his suit, slowly frowning at myself. I should at least try my best to look good because my friend before me looks spectacular. He has the same suit as me, except mine doesn't have suspenders as he does.

"Your delivery have arrived." He points the random guy behind him.

Finally, it's here! I've been waiting for this delivery since yesterday after Margaret agrees to be my date for the party. The delivery company said that the flowers will arrive tomorrow night, which is the same night of the party. I'm just grateful that it finally arrives before I head in there and meet Margaret.

Meandering my way to the delivery guy. He smiles, the kind of smile that I expect from a lively delivery man. "Kindly sign here to receive your flowers." He hands me a pen and a slip clipped on the clipboard.

I happily sign my name on the paper, as he hands me the bouquet of roses. "Thank you," I nod at the delivery guy before he heads out of the door.

Glai walks right in front of me, a smug grin forming slowly on his face. "A bouquet of roses for the lady. Well, aren't you just so romantic, Jacob."

I chuckle softly as I hold the bouquet right against my chest where my heart lies. "I just want her to feel special, and I'll do anything for that to happen."

"Well, if that's what you truly desire." He gestures his hand towards the grand wooden door, "It's showtime, Jacob. Your Persephone is waiting for you, Hades." He pats my back for encouragement before he walks to the door, waiting for me to take my steps.

Grinning at him as I say, "Thank you, Cerberus."

"Asshole." He mutters under his breath, but unfortunately for him, I heard that.

I take a deep breath and sigh out all my nervousness, "Here goes nothing."

There's no need for liquid courage here, I want to show her that I can be brave without one. I head over to the grand entrance and Glai open the door for me. Glancing around to see where's Margaret, my Autumn, and my Persephone... My love. I smile as my eyes meet her russet set of eyes in the corner of the grand room. As she smiles back, I take it as a sign for me to slowly walk towards her with the bouquet of roses in my hand.

Why is the whole room suddenly feels quiet? Glancing down on the floor, I just realized that there's a spotlight following my every move. Gazing up to where's the spotlight coming from, and I chuckle. Yuri and Venieze is operating the spotlight, and I can slightly see them giving me a thumbs up. Jerks, I mutter under my breath as I keep walking towards Margaret. So, that's why the room went quiet, all of them is watching us. I just hope Margaret is okay with all the eyes present in this room is on her.

As I get closer, I can sense her nervousness. It's a relief inside me as I found out that she's also nervous for this as I am. That nervousness I felt from her slowly gets drown by her whole dress. She's wearing a silver dress that hugs her waist flawlessly, the dress itself doesn't have a long tail, but that doesn't blind me by the fact that she looks so elegant. Silver. The same shade of silver on my suit. All of them set us up together for this. From the spotlight, to the matching color of our outfits.

"Hey, what's wrong?" She takes a step forward, concern slowly forms on her stunning face.

My irritated expression must have shown perfectly from the spotlight that she felt concern for me. "It's nothing, don't worry about it."

She smiles sweetly, her gaze slowly falls onto the bouquet of roses in my hand, "For whom does that bouquet of flowers for?"

I chuckle at her formal tone and hands her the roses. "For you, of course."

Her face shows that she suspected this, but the sudden shade of red on her cheeks begs to differ. "Thank you." She slowly looks up, giggling her way to remove the blush on her cheeks. "God, I knew those roses are for me, but I still feel flustered about it."

Chuckling at her failed attempt to remove the blush on her adorable face, "You know that they set us up, right?"

She tilts her head to the side; her black hair elegantly sways as she moves her head. She must have brought back her natural hair color for this occasion. "Why is that?"

I gesture my hands on the spotlight that's directly pointing at us, and the matching color in our outfits. "Does that answer your question?"

She covers her mouth with her hand as she laughs. "They are really rooting for us to be together, huh?"

Both of us just stand there, gazing at each other's eyes. Can we stay like this forever? Because this is what I need for all of my life. Just Margaret, nothing else. "Hey, want to take a picture together? You know, just for the memories."

Again, the blush goes visible as she smiles her way to my request. "I would love to."

"Awesome," Glancing around the room just to find an available person to take a photo. "Wait a minute." I raise a finger to Margaret face before I venture off around the room to find a candidate. Before I could even go far, I already see Venieze running as fast as she can towards us. Squinting my eyes at what's her holding between her hands. Wow, they really plan this through, huh?

"Thank you for letting me borrow your camera, Margaret." Venieze smiles then glances her gaze at me. "Don't you just stand there, stand right next to her."

I happily follow her instruction and stand right beside Margaret. Taking a quick glance at her direction, she seems to be loving the bouquet of roses I bought for you.

"On a count of three!" Venieze raises three fingers in the air. "One..." This is really happening, huh? I'm not dreaming, am I? "Two..." Even if it's just a dream, I prefer not to wake up from this wonderful moment in my life ever again. "Three..." Glancing back at the camera, pouring out all my happiness onto the camera. "Smile!" I hear the camera click, then Venieze gives us a wide grin at one another.

We both slowly walk towards her to check the photo she just took. It seems like it's not just me that poured all the happiness inside, but Margaret also seems to pour out a lot more than I do, especially that bouquet of flowers in front of her makes it even more enthralling to stare at her. We both gaze up at each other and smile.

I don't know how long we've stayed there and stare at each other, but all I know is it's so long that all the people all around us, watching us, decided to cheer at the top of their lungs. At the corner of my eye I see my gang, Glai, Ian, Yuri, and even CJ. Breaking the deep eye contact Margaret and I have, before glancing around the crowd we gathered. There's Noah and Jhosua clapping. There's also Mr. Winchester, who looks very proud of us despite his intimidating features. But how can I forget Jasmine, her smile tells me that she's proud of my decision and proud to see us together.

"Oh, by the way, before I forget." I crease my forehead as I watch her run towards her little bag that's resting on the big table at the corner of the room. I've been so busy staring at Margaret that I didn't have time to observe the revenue. The big white cloth on the circular table with their matching chairs, spreading symmetrically all around the sides of the room, making a massive space in the middle. All around, the atmosphere has this purple lighting that's bright enough to see the beauty of each person in this room. "Here it is."

I stare back at Margaret; my gaze goes down on the box on her hand. "What the fuck is this?"

"Well, it's supposed to be a birthday present for you, but I just realized that I don't know when's your birthday." She hands me the box and I happily accept it.

"Didn't I tell you when's my birthday?" I raise an eyebrow in her direction.

She sighs, "Maybe you did, maybe I just forgot." She frowns for a second before her whole expression turns into annoyance. "Just open it already."

"My birthday is on April 10 by the way," I chuckle as I tear through the layers of paper wrap around this box. As I tear down the wrapping, my eyes pace between Margaret and a copy of the game Red Dead Redemption 2.

"Yuri told me that you've always wanted to have a copy of that game, so I bought for you." She smiles at me.

"He's wrong," I mutter under my breath. Margaret stares at me, confusion forming on her adorable face. "He doesn't know what I want." Placing down the copy of the game onto the nearest table. "I can finish a game in less than 3 days, and sooner or later, I'll soon get bored playing it." She keeps on staring at me, waiting for me to elaborate even further. "You, on the other hand—" I reach in for her hand and raise it between our chests, "—I will never get bored being with you. Now that's what I want."

We smile at each other, and everything around us seems to have stuck in time. We stare at each other, getting deeper in one another's marvelous eyes, not caring about the cheering crowd all around us. I must have been lost at the moment because I decided to rest my forehead on hers and mutter, "Can I have this dance, Autumn?"

As if it's on cue, someone decides to play Sad Song by We The Kings and Elena Coats. This must be the best coincidental music that had happened in my life, and it seems like I'm not the only one who thought of that. Judging by Margaret's expression to the song, she's also glad about the song selection. "I would be glad to dance with you, Summer."

We both drag ourselves to the middle of the room. There are others who are willing to dance to this song with us. Halfway through the song, I realize that there's something on Margaret's mind. Just seeing her not sharing me what's on her mind bugs me out. I cup her cheeks to make her stare to my worried eyes, "What's on your mind?"

She must have not realized that I read her like an open book. "Nothing, I just realized something."

"Tell me." The desperate plea in my voice made her stare deeply into my soul.

She sighs, looking away. "One of the most amazing things that can happen to a person is finding someone who sees everything you are and won't let you be anything less. They see the potential in you. They see endless possibilities. And through their eyes—" She stares back at me, sincerity pouring out of those eyes of hers, "—you start to see yourself the same way. As someone who matters. As someone who can make a difference in this world."

I tug her close, close enough to make her hear the beating of my heart. It beats softly for her, as I inhale her beautiful scent. "If what you said is true." I hug her tightly, swaying every now and again to the beat of the song. "I just have one simple request." I bury my face in her soft hair as I fight my hardest to not cry in the middle of the room. "Make me your canvas, your muse, your work of art. Leave traces of yourself on me, and I will bravely shout our presence to the world."

She backs away from me slowly, and all I see is wetness in my eyes. She reaches in on my cheeks and gives me the sweetest smile I ever see from her. "I love you, Jacob."

That's it. The water company in my soul broke, and the tears slowly fall down on my cheek. I chuckle as she made sure she wipes every single tear that had slipped out. Hugging her closely once more, not planning on letting her go. "I love you too, Margaret." I mutter under my breath as we continue swaying to the song. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 32K 29
(GXG)"Tell me what you want me to do to you. It's just a bit of role play" I decided to play along "I want you to eat me out" I whispered and she sa...
76 23 21
What is happening!? My life couldn't have been a dream it was so real! I had kids and a husband! Tears burn my eyes. I had a home. It can't just be...
5.2K 175 31
Two girls, two sports, two different worlds, all eyes on them at all times. So what happens when these worlds unexpectedly come crashing together? Wi...
159K 3K 52
Previously known as The Accident --------- She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would become an astronomer for her and I woul...