Our Destiny - Wanda Maximoff...

By wandamaximoff93

Book One - Y/N is a world renowned scientist with a past she would like to forget. When the opportunity to wo... More

A Fresh Start
The Welcome Party
Late Night Visit
Anywhere But Here
Fight To Stay
Please Don't Go
On Your Side
You've Got This
More Than Friends
Say My Name
A Shattered Dream
All Hope Lost
Falling To Pieces
Bring Her Home
Meeting The Enemy
The Perfect Soldier
We're Falling Apart
You Broke Me
The Safe House
Into The Fire
Always Saving Me
Moments Of Happiness
Time To Celebrate
Let Me Out
I Can't Breathe
The Hardest Part
A Broken Reality
Into The Darkness
Lost In Grief
Nothing Else Matters
Come Back Home
To Feel Again
One More Chance
I've Got You
Taking Second Place
Whatever It Takes
Nobody But You
Keep Loving Me
Caught Off Guard
Soul On Fire
Let Her Down
Lost Without You
Out Of Control
A New Threat

It Ends Tonight

3.2K 110 30
By wandamaximoff93

Wanda had tried to plead with Y/N, to get her to stay at the compound but it hadn't worked. Y/N was determined to come with them all no matter what anyone said. It scared Wanda, the idea of Y/N being there, being within reach of the people that wanted to hurt her. 

Y/N had argued though that it could be a double bluff, what if Hyrda wanted to lure the avengers there and then they attacked the compound where she'd have been a sitting duck. It had been a fair argument and one that Tony and Nat had agreed could be completely possible. 

So Wanda sat next to Y/N on the quinjet, gripping her hand tightly, not wanting to ever have to let go but knowing as soon as the quinjet landed things would descend into chaos all too quickly. 

Everyone was sat around the main cabin, watching the screens that tracked their approach to the Hyrda Base. The plan was all agreed, Clint, Lexa and Nat would go ahead of the others, removing any guards on the outer permitters and disabling the alarm system in the control tower. Once that was done the rest of the team would enter the base, the main aim, find Von Carstein, the second aim destroy everything. 

"If you hold my hand any tighter my fingers will fall off" Y/N teased Wanda gently, sensing how tense she was. 

"You're so dramatic, I'm not even holding it that hard" Wanda smiled back at Y/N, still amazed that she could be in such good spirits with everything that was going on. 

"Hey, you'll be the one that would miss my fingers the most" Y/N grinned as she winked at Wanda. 

Wanda felt her cheeks redden slightly but she couldn't say that Y/N was wrong, she would definitely miss what those fingers could do. 

"Lets not talk about that on a jet filled with all our friends, they don't need to know about that" Wanda replied, still keeping her hand in Y/N's but loosening her grip ever so slightly. 

"I'm just going to say this on behalf of the rest of the team, we've all heard, you two are not particularly quiet when you're you know, doing your thing" Sam was sat on the other side of Wanda and his comments caused the team to either pretend they weren't listening or start sniggering. 

"No need to be jealous Sam. I know it's been a dry year for you" Y/N shot back with a laugh, this time the whole team joined in laughing too. 

The quinjet rocked suddenly to one side, causing everyone to brace wherever they were stood or sat. Tony immediately up and heading to the cockpit to see Clint, it took a lot to cause the quinjet to suffer from turbulence. 

"What's going on Clint?" Tony asked as he took the second seat in the cockpit, bringing up more displays. 

"A storm, came out of nowhere, the displays were showing clear and then this" Clint gestured out the glass, dark grey clouds had appeared, flashes of lightening streaking through them as the thunder rumbled. 

Then a figure appeared, it looked like they were falling from the sky at first but then they turned and were making straight for the quinjet. Clint moved quickly bringing up the weapon systems, trying to get a lock on the figure but they were moving too fast. 

"Whoa hold on Clint. Clouds, thunder, lightening and a dramatic entrance. Its Thor" Tony said feeling relieved as he pressed the button to lower the ramp to allow Thor on the quinjet. 

"Ah my friends! it is good to see you all!" Thor boomed as he stepped onto the quinjet, "Heimdall has been keeping me informed of what has been going on. I am sorry I could not come sooner small scientist, things are unsettled across the realms." 

"No need to apologise, I get that being the god of thunder and all that can be a busy day job" Y/N smiled, before getting up and hugging Thor, who happily returned the hug. 

Tony and Steve filled Thor in on the plan for when they got to the Hyrda base, both glad to have the extra person on their side. They weren't sure what tricks Hyrda could have in store for them so strength in numbers was a bonus for them. 

"How are the ribs?" Nat walked over to where Lexa was sat at the far end of the cabin. 

"They're healing up slowly" Lexa shrugged, "Guess there are some perks to having Hyrda experiment on your with half arsed super soldier serums."

"You know you should just got and talk to her. Instead of being all dark and brooding in the corner over here" Nat said, nodding her head slightly in the direction of Y/N. 

"And have Wanda re-break my ribs for being within a foot of Y/N? I'm good thanks. I told you Nat I'm here to screw over Hyrda and then I'll be leaving. Can't move on if I have to stare my past in the face everyday. So stop suggesting I talk to her" Lexa strapped the throwing knifes to her thigh, not looking at Nat as she spoke. 

Nat rolled her eyes at Lexa's stubbornness, clearly that was a trait she naturally had and couldn't blame on Hyrda. She knew that was the end of the conversation though, Lexa wasn't going to budge on it. Nat looked round and saw that they were starting the descent, meaning they had arrived at their destination. 

Everyone started moving around the jet, getting ready for their imminent arrival. They were landing a half mile away from the western edge of the Hyrda base, it had been the least guarded when recon had been done earlier. 

"Right team, everyone knows what their roles are. Let's go make Von Carstein wish he had never picked a fight with the avengers" Steve said as the jet landed and the ramp dropped open. 

**

Clint, Nat and Lexa were the first off the jet and left immediately to carry out the first part of the plan. Lexa glanced back for a moment, her eyes meeting Y/N's for a few seconds, maybe she should have listened to Nat. It was too late now, they were on a tight time schedule to pull this off between the rotation of guards. 

Y/N watched as Lexa disappeared from sight with Clint and Nat. She hoped that they would all be okay, it was hard to watch her friends head into such a dangerous situation. Y/N reminded herself though that they were three of the best agents SHIELD had ever had, they could handle this. 

"Y/N you stick with us okay, no going off, no heroic moments, no getting caught" Tony said as he came over, the mask lifted on his suit as he looked at Y/N. 

"Don't worry none of that was on my to do list today, promise" Y/N said back with a cheeky smile. 

Wanda looked around the area where they had landed, it was a small clearing in a vast forest that from the maps surrounded the Hyrda base. As she took it in, Wanda couldn't help but feel like something was off, she just couldn't figure out what it was. Whatever it was, Wanda knew it probably wasn't going to be good. 

"We're inside. Heading to the comms tower now. Only a handful of guards at the west entrance, you should be good to move forward." 

Clint's voice filled everyones ear pieces and there was a look of relief on their faces knowing that the first step of the plan had gone successfully. 

"Let's go" Steve gestured with his shield and started leading the route through the trees toward the base. 

Wanda moved to be beside Y/N, instinctively walking in a way that placed her in front of Y/N because as they all moved, the sense of wrongness swept through Wanda again. This time she couldn't ignore it and just as she went to alert Steve the sound of yelling and gunfire filled the air. 

Throwing up a shield with her power, Wanda wrapped it around her and Y/N as bullets flew past them. Everyone moved quickly responding to the sudden attack, Thor launched himself forward, sending out forks of lightening that struck the nearest Hyrda Agents, sending them flying backwards. Steve and Bucky tag teamed an agent that was using a flame thrower to try and hold them back, but was on the receiving end up of a hit from Steve's shield, followed by Bucky's metal fist. 

"I guess this explains why there weren't any agents guarding the entrance. They were waiting for us here" Tony said, everyone hearing him through their comms pieces, "Lets get them dealt with quickly, we still need to get inside and to Von Carstein."

Y/N noticed a group moving toward her and Wanda, she closed her eyes and summoned her powers, creating a large ball of violent purple energy in her hands. Releasing it, Y/N struck  the agents, they had no time to react as the energy collided with them, shattering bones as it slammed them into the nearby tree trunks. 

"Nicely done Y/N!" Sam shouted as he swooped down, taking out an agent who had tried to climb up a tree to get a shot at them. 

Wanda lifted a fallen tree trunk with her powers and sent it crashing down on an ATV that was tearing through the forest toward them, causing it to flip and crash, causing an explosion that shook the ground. 

"Starting to think we could have just sent Y/N and Wanda to deal with this" Bucky joked over the open comms channel as he dodged a grenade. 

Y/N laughed slightly but her attention was focused on the strange pulling sensation she was feeling as her powers fought for dominance against the power stones grip, it was like being torn in two different directions. Wanda noticed Y/N stop and called out for her to move as a group of agents began to move forward, deploying flash and smoke grenades to conceal their positions. 

The grenades disorientated Y/N and she stumbled forward, in the direction she thought Wanda's voice had come from. Instead though she found herself in front of an agent who lunged forward, taking advantage of Y/N's confusion and slamming an elbow into her chest, before landing a right hook. 

Rage flooded through Y/N and her powers responded without command, tendrils of purple energy lashed out, snaking around the agents throat, arms and legs, restraining him from being able to reach for his gun. Her eyes darkened as she looked at him, watching as he struggled, the tendrils just tightened as he moved. Only seeing the agent as a threat, Y/N didn't think before motioning with a flick of her wrist, causing the agents neck to snap as the tendril of power wrapped around it wrenched it to the side. 

"Uh I think we have a situation going on with Y/N" Sam said as he watched from his vantage point in the sky as Y/N dealt with the agent. 

Y/N's power grew around her, creating a storm of purple energy that completely encapsulated her, blocking out everyone around her. She could feel herself slipping away, falling back into the detached place she had been in back when she had left the compound, it was the effect of the power stone. 

"Y/N! Stop! You need to stop now!" Wanda rushed over but as she tried to push through the energy field around Y/N she found there was no way through, instead it grew pushing her further away. 

Destruction, revenge, pain. That was all Y/N could think about as the element of the power stone inside her started to twist her mind. Von Carstein, that was who was responsible for her pain, that was who she sought revenge against and it was his plans she would destroy. The part of her that could sense Wanda, tried to fight back, to tell her that she didn't need to do this but the use of her powers on the agent had been enough for the power stone to take a firm hold of her mind. 

"It ends tonight" Y/N spoke, not recognising her own voice, even that sounded like it wasn't hers anymore. 

Lifting from the ground, Y/N's powers carried her above the tree line, her dark violet eyes picking out the Hyrda base. Without a hesitation, Y/N took off toward it at speed. 

Wanda watched wide eyed, feeling the change in Y/N, feeling her slip away as the power took control of her. 

They had made a horrific mistake. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.6K 1.3K 70
fem! Reader A love story between a ordinary 28 year old woman with a traumatizing past and a 33 year old deadly assassin. What happens when she beco...
2M 94.4K 83
Half the population returned. Wanda Maximoff was labelled an 'anomaly' and an official criminal in sword's eyes. But now she's moved away to a cabin...
96.6K 3.8K 45
Book Two - A year has passed since Wanda heard Y/N call out for her at the cabin. There has been no trace or connection from Y/N since, no matter how...
10.7K 431 28
Y/n is part of the avengers, but her whole world changes when she is sent away for special training with the infamous Scarlet Witch. She focuses on t...