Flicker in the Night

By Violet_Rain95

Hit with an unplanned pregnancy, Valentina finds herself thrust into a life she never saw coming. She struggl... More

Authors Note
Prologue
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Rangers
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Stirder
Valentina
Unknown
Valentina
Strider
Valentina
Valentina
Valentina
Author's Note!
Where I am at.

Valentina

13.2K 478 33
By Violet_Rain95

I suppressed a yawn and rolled over only to be meet with a small person in my bed. I smiled down at Elijah as he slept. Looking around the room for Strider I found him in the rocking chair feeding Amara. How long was I out? I didn't tell him I was awake yet I just watched him look down at her with such love. I can already tell that he is going to be a great father to her just as he is with Elijah. The rocking chair made soft creaking sounds every time he rocked forward.

"You, my little princess. Have your mother's nose." I watched as he lightly ran his finger over her little nose "Best believe. I'm going to have a shot gun behind the door. No boy is getting within a hundred feet from you."

I wanted to laugh he was already over protective and we haven't even left the hospital yet. He took the bottle away and gently put her on his chest and started to pat her back. I smiled when she burp. He put her back in his arms and continued to rock her. I wanted to hold my little angle again so I decide to make known that I was up. "What time is it?" I asked sitting up in the bed.

"Little passed nine in the morning." His eyes were shining and he had this breath taking smile.

He stood up and walked over to me and handed over Amara. She took a big breath in and got comfortable in my arms "she so small." I whispered looking back up at Strider he leaned down pressing kisses to my lips.

"You're small too." He teased while laughing at the face I made "The doctor said that it is normal being she is a month early. But she is healthy, we should be going home by tonight."

Wait home! We don't even have her room set up.

"Oh Strider. We don't even have her room set up. Where is she going to sleep?" I was a little panic I didn't even think of that. I was sleeping when we should have been going over what to do.

"Relax, Aiden got some of the prospects to go get the crib and other things from Franks." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in "I have everything under control. You just need to worry about taking care of yourself and our family."

Our family, I love the sound of that.

I smiled down at both my kids even though Elijah is not mine. I feel like I am. They both made me feel wanted and I have no more doubt in my heart but I have a big decision to make. Do I want to take this family business serious? Shaking my head now is not the time for that just then there was a knock on the door. As I looked a smile made it's way on my face Bri followed by her parents walked in.

"Oh look how cute she is." Bri rushed over to me pushing Strider out the way in the process. He playful glared at her but Bri paid no mind "How do it feel to finally have her in your arms. I know you been crazy about this day."

Bri lightly pushed the blanket down from around her face to get a better look. "She has your nose, ears, and eye shape because when you close your eye they look like that."

I giggle "Oh God, we are never having a sleep over again. Makes me wonder what you do when I'm a sleep." The room started to laugh with me and Bri just blushed but soon joined in "would you like to hold her?"

"I don't know. What if I drop her?" She said unsure rubbing her hands down her legs.

"Here sit in the rocking chair and I'll hand her to you." Strider walked up to me and picked up Amara. He nodded his head for Bri to go when she sat down. He handed her over "see not that hard. Just rock a little so it keeps her calm." She did want she was told.

"She so pretty honey. I have no doubt you will be a great mother." Josie said I nodded looking her over when I met her eyes they held understanding.

"Strider, will you join me for a cup of coffee? Maybe go grab something for Val and Elijah?" Alex said just my stomach growled at the sound of food.

"Babe, food does sound nice." He came kissing my forehead then my lips once again.

"I'll be right back. Call me if you need anything." I nodded as he and Alex left the room leaving us girls alone.

A few minutes passed by before Josie spoke up "Your grandpa told me he clued you in." I looked up from pushing Elijah's hair out his face "I know this is not the right time. But, I know you guys can't get up and leave when we talk about it. That's why Alex took Strider out." She pause looking out the window "I thought you should hear from a girl and not a guy."

"You guys do not have to go on missions if you choose not to. But you have to at least be trained." She looked back to us "Because another assassins are able to pick up one another. It's the way we carry ourselves. You need to be ready for anything especially you Valentina. Your mom was best in the world and from what I hear you got her traits."

That is the second time I heard that how good was my mom? I wish she was alive today so I can ask her but the best I got is my grandpa and cousins. But where do I even start? I didn't even want to think about this today!

"I don't want to talk about this today because it's not about me. It's about Amara." Josie looked like she was going to keep talking "I said that is enough. If you can't keep your mouth shut there is the god damn door!" I felt rage fill my body. Josie took a step back as if I was a bomb.

"Good, she should be scared." The little voice said in my head throwing me off a bit, when did I became so mean?

Josie gave a smirk as she talked "See the power you give off is just like your mothers. She always had such a impacting presents in a room." I did not know if that was complement or not but I guess it was a good one.

I don't know.

***

Home. I was finally home no more hospital and I was able to walk around freely. Right now I was sitting on the kitchen island eating pizza. Everyone was still asleep. So I took the time to myself the TV was low in the background. Who watches the News anymore? I took a sip of my coffee as I thought about maybe going back to work. Don't get me wrong I love being a mom. But I love being a mom where I can provide for my family. Even though Strider wants me to focus on the rest of my home studies and then college. Maybe he is right I have been neglecting my homework.

Oh well, it can wait till tomorrow.

Elijah's question came into mind. 'Can we get a dog?' With Amara here I was a little timid of being alone with both kids. We have an alarm system but I want the extra protection. I jumped when arms wrapped around my waist. Followed by soft kisses on the back of my neck "morning babe." Striders voice was still laced with sleep.

I looked up pecking his lips "good morning." He gave me another peck then went to the coffee pot drinking it black "So I've been thinking."

He turned his head and looked back at me "and what's that?"

"Maybe we should get a dog." He turned leaning on the sink with his arms crossed over his bare chest

His eyes wonder my body make a shiver run down my spine "What made you change your mind about that. I thought you wanted him to have a hamster or some shit?"

"I will not have the language in my house Jason!" I said using his real name to see what he would do. I bit my lip when he raised his eyebrow at me.

"I didn't know we were on first name bases, Valentina." His eye gleamed with something wicked "And that sound like fighting word." I slid off the stool never taking my eyes off his.

Backing away "Oh, I'm so scared. I'm shaking in my little space boots."

"That's it." He stated charging at me I barely had time to turn around. He had me pinned to the floor and attacking my sides.

I was laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants "Okay, okay I'm sorry." I got out between laughs.

He stopped and placed his hands above my head keeping me pinned under him. His eyes scanned my body hungrily. His bottom half was touching mine to wear he was laying on top of me. But using his arms to keep from hurting me. "You really are small babe," he started kissing my neck "without your belly swollen. I can see you small frame."

I giggle he didn't see me when I wasn't showing looking back into his gray eyes. I thought about what it would feel like to have sex now that I don't have Amara in my belly. My cheeks heated up at the thought and Strider noticed "thinking naughty are we?"

"N-no," oh great, just give it away. Stupid

He smirked and stood up so fast pulling me with him. He threw me over his shoulder and walked to our room "I fix that little problem of yours." he closed the door behind him then climbed on the bed.

"Are you sure this a good idea? I mean just had Amara yesterday." I said unsure when is the soonest you can have sex after having a baby? I remember the doctor saying six weeks. He ignored me and started to trail kisses down my neck finding my soft spot on the first try. My back arched but he used his body to push me back down.

"This is going to be the last time I go easy baby." I was lost for words my mind was in a haze that my answer came out as hum sound making him chuckle. Right when he was about to take my shirt off there was a knock on the door.

I pushed Strider off me like he was on fire "mama, I'm hungry!" Elijah's voice came through the door I looked to Strider who was glaring at the door.

I started laughing leaning over kissing his lips "later," I whispered "I'm coming baby."

I got out of bed opening the door "what would you like to eat?" I asked taking his hand heading to the kitchen.

"Umm...can we have pancakes?" His voice was joyful. I wish I had this energy that early in the morning.

"Pancakes it is," sitting him in his high chair I got to cooking. Amara started to cry but Strider said he would get her.

He came in to the kitchen with an upset Amara "I think she want's you babe." I washed my hand and turned to him. Her face was starting to turn red from crying once I got her from him she started to calm down a bit.

"She's hungry. Can you finished up breakfast while I feed her?" Strider nodded handing me a blanket once I was all set I started to breast feed her. She took fast to this, most moms say their baby complains.

"What are you going mama?" Elijah asked trying to get a closer look "I thought you were going to feed her?"

I smiled "I am, it's called breast feed love." I looked Strider but he had his back turned to us "But do not go and start telling everyone, okay?" he nodded his head and looked down at his food as Strider put in front of him.

Once we were all seated on the table. I started a conversation "so what we were talking about earlier. I want one, because I want to feel safe when you're not home when it's just me and the kids." Strider looked to be deep in thought for a few seconds.

He gave a sigh "alright, what kind are we talking here?"

I smiled I knew the answer to that one "a Germen Shepard! I always wanted one but never got around to it and they are good at guarding."

"Alright, a buddy of mine trains them. I can give him a call see if we can go look at some of them."

"Thank you." I whispered he gave a grateful smile. "Elijah honey your father and I have been talking." I looked to Strider who looked to Elijah.

"We have agreed to get a dog," he finished for me.

Elijah started scream making me laugh "Oh really!" He bounced in his chair "When do we get to go pick him out!" He looked between Strider and me

"I'll see if we can go later today. Maybe tomorrow. The boys and their old ladies are going to stop by this afternoon." I nodded pulling my shirt down when Amara was done eating.

I was sad that we didn't get to go pick out a dog today because everyone was here. They didn't leave till it was late. It would be an understatement if I said I had Amara in my sights the whole time. She was passed to one old lady after another. I finally found her when she was crying her heart out. Making my mother instincts kicked in and I took her inside. Strider laughed saying I looked a little crazy.

Crazy my fucking ass!

---------------------------------

So I decided on a dog because lets face it Elijah needs something to throw a ball at when he is outside playing right? and I'm trying to introduce Amara more into the story hopefully I do a good job..anyways till next time

VOTE,COMMENT

-Violet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9M 314K 20
**THIS IS A SAMPLE, PLEASE DO NOT READ IT IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET TRIGGERED BY THE FACT THAT IT IS A SAMPLE. THE FULL BOOK IS AVAILABLE ON MY PATREON...
2.2K 13 53
Alayna moans desperately, gripping my shoulder blades as I slowly guide myself inside of her. We're both gasping into each other's mouths, and my han...
46.9K 2.4K 51
BOOK 1- A yes BOOK 2- A Fight Innana turned back to Osmian. "Before I forget. I made this for you." Innana said and handed the multicoloured flower t...
74.3K 2K 24
From losing my mom at a young age, to foster care, and being on my own, I've always been alone. Never having anyone, but my own company to keep. I ke...