Moonlight Tempest (Completed)

By DrWhomever101

Kari was a soldier. She was a fighter, and she was pretty good too. She has won many battles. She's strong... More

When The Light Was Taken Away...
The Start
The Rehersal Dinner
The Intruders
A Rush of Adventure
The Counterpart
The Boy Who Waited
The Long Walk
Some New Friends And Some Old Friends
The Reunion
Back To The 'Normal' Rhythm
To Be Or Not To Be?
If You Wanna Call This A Date, Be My Guest
Unexpected Enemy
First Encounter
She's Baaaack
Am I Strong Enough?
Discovered
The Message
The Report
The First Mission
The Casualty
The Choice
The Prisoner
Surprise, Surprise
The Reality
Don't Ask, Don't Tell
The Boss
The Duel
Emotionally Unstable
His First Kill
The Assassination Attempt
The Help
The Rescue
Burnin' Up
The Invasion
The Serenity Castle
The Plan
A Day In The Life...
The Search
Her
The Kids Are Alright
Together Again
Concensus
Live Bait
Fight, If You Can
The Truth Often Hurts
Losses
The End...
...And Also The Beginning

The BadLands

19 1 0
By DrWhomever101

Chapter 4

Kari Transported them to The BadLands.

It was desolate, and all the dust it had made it hard to see more than a few feet in front of you. It was constantly dusty. In fact, because of all the dust The BadLands is infamous for its disappearances and murders. It was like the wrong side of town. Except it was a whole country of the 'wrong side of town'.

The exact destination the boys wanted to get to was still a ways away, so they hitched a ride with this truck transporting hay to a nearby farm.

On the truck, the boys introduced themselves as Samuel 'Sam' Diamond and William 'Billy' Longfang-Diamond. They were both orphans who were adopted by the same guy.

"Sam and I met in this orphanage a long time ago." Billy started. "We instantly became friends. Not long after though, he was adopted by our Dad Tom, and I was adopted by this old Cherokee woman named Blaize Longfang. She was like a grandmother to me. She took such good care of me. She taught me so many things. She was the one to discover my Time Magic. Dude, she was so amazing. But... She died a few years back. I took her name and was sent back to that orphanage, but Dad was able to find me and adopt me. Apparently, Sam here can't live without me." He gave his brother a nudge.

"He asked for you?" Kari said.

"Yeah. I didn't want to be separated from Billy, but he was adopted by someone else. When we heard that he was back at that orphanage, Dad filed the adoption papers as soon as possible. Billy is important to me. He's my brother, I couldn't just leave him." Sam said.

"That's adorable! Man, I wish I had siblings." Kari said.

"Only child?" Sam asked.

"I don't know really. I'm an orphan too. I might have a family, but I might not." She said.

"You're an orphan too? What a weird coincidence! Kinda like the fact that you're a Wizard who can Transport and from the place we wanted to go! Man, thats a lot of coinky dink." Billy said. Kari nodded. It was convenient.

"Were you adopted as well?" Sam asked. Kari looked away. She felt familiar feelings come over her. Sadness. Anger. Lonlieness.

"Kari? Look you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to..." Billy said.

She shook her head. "No, its alright. You told me about you so, I guess I should do the same." She cleared her throat and delved into her past.

"I was only 10 and I was living in a random orphanage. Before that I was under the guardianship of on old Dwarf named Hickory. He cared for me as a child here in Eladias. He had sent me to Earth when I was 4 cause it wasn't safe in the Kingdom where we lived Avolin. At that time, there was a war going on between the Ogre Militia and the Dwarf Armada. It seems that there is always some type of war going on there. Anyway, I was moved from orphanage to orphanage, and finally I had come to the one I was in last. This orphanage was shabby and the caretakers weren't very nice. I had lived here for 1 year and I had just adjusted to life there, when the old caretaker, Ms. Shads came and told me about a potential adoption. I got out of bed dressed myself up and went out there. This had been my 13th potential adoption, so I just went along like it was routine. I entered the room and sat in front of an old African American couple (late 30s or so) named Johnson. They both wore thick framed glasses, they looked kinda funny. I smiled at them- not to be polite, but because they were so funny looking. I was 10. At that point, everything was funny looking." Billy laughed as Kari continued.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

'Ms. Shads sat down next to me, cleared her throat and was interrupted by Mrs. Johnson. "What's your name child?" She said with her smooth southern accent.

"Kari Miller. I'm 10. What about you? Are you 10 too?" I said.

She laughed. "No I'm not 10. My name is Murielle Johnson and this is my husband Ernie. Kari, I want to ask you a question..." I nodded my head for her to go on. "How would you feel about us adopting you?"

"Well I don't know... Do you want to adopt me? I mean, do you really want to? Because you guys are not the first ones to want to adopt me, those people say they want me one minute, and the next they don't... So think carefully about this. Do you, Johnson's, take me, an orphan to have and to hold?" At this point, I had my whole body on the table and I was right in their face.

Shads laughed. "You aren't marrying them. Stupid kid." Mrs. Johnson glared at her.

"Is this how you treat all the kids?" Mr. Johnson said angrily, he also had a southern accent. Shads nodded her head at his question like it was obvious. "That's just wrong! You have to respect the kids and show them love and kindness. You can't just treat them badly, they are just children after all!" He jumped out of his chair.

Mrs. Johnson got up and put her hand on his shoulder. He looked at her then to me and said, "Yes. We do. We've always wanted a little girl to take care of. And we hope you feel the same way about us. We are serious about this." They sat back down and waited for my reply.

"I--I..." I sat back in my chair contemplating. I looked back at them. "I- if you are serious, then I'll go. But promise you'll take care of me." I held my pinky out for them to pinky swear. At the time, I thought that a pinky swear was an unbreakable bond. One at a time, Mr. and Mrs. Johnson both pinky swore.

"Yes!" Mr. Johnson said as he pinky swore.

"Oh my god- Yes! Ernie! We have a child!" Mrs. Johnson jumped up and she gave me a hug. Mr. Johnson got up and went to Shads, his nostrils flaring.

"Now, I want you to promise me something..." Mr. Johnson started. "Promise me, that the next time I come here, you will be gone."

Shads looked at him puzzlingly. "What do you--"

"I mean that if you don't leave this orphanage-- I'm calling the cops lady. You are a horrible person, and you should be the last person to take care of kids." Mr. Johnson said. "Now, show us the adoption papers so we can leave your putrid presence."

I've never heard any one talk to Shads like that. From then on I had an enormous amount of respect for Mr. Johnson.

~~~~End~~~~

"I lived with them for a few years after that. I also met Zing during that time." Kari said.

"That guy that was with you?" Billy said. Kari nodded.

"He's my- Boyfriend. He was with me throughout almost everything. Even..."

"Even...?" Billy said.

"Even when I found my foster parents murdered." Kari's memories flipped back to that day. Their bodies, all their blood. She shivered.

"What? You... You poor girl! When..?" Billy said.

"Last year. Around now." Kari said. The boys eyes widened.

"How....? I mean, do you know how it happened?" Billy asked. "If you don't mind telling..."

"I don't know how." Kari looked at her hands. "One day, I see their bodies all bloody and torn up on the ground. Mr. Johnson was just barely alive when I got there. Mrs. J was already dead. I tried to help him, but he wanted to be with Mrs. J. So, I let him die... I still don't know who did that and why. Their blood and bodies were still a bit warm, indicating that their murderer had just left. But, whoever did it will feel my wrath. I will find who did it and end them." Kari felt her anger build up. She was definitely going to find the person who did it. They all stayed quiet during the rest if the ride. Kari mostly looked at her hands. Sam put his hand over hers. He gave a small smile to her.

"Hey, we're here." Sam said pointing at a brown cabin breaking the silence.

They all got off and thanked the truck driver.

"So," Kari asked as they approached the cabin. "Who're we helping?"

"An old friend of Dad's. They need help with some housecleaning stuff." Sam said.

"Housecleaning? Seriously? I didn't sign up for that! Where's the action? Where's the fighting? Where's the rush of adventure?" Kari complained.

"Hey, you insisted on coming with us so deal." Billy said. Sam nodded his agreement. Kari rolled her eyes.

Sam knocked on the door. The door swung open and a severed arm came flying out passed Kari and Sam and almost hit Billy straight in the face. Billy was able to dodge it by ducking.

"What in the actual hell?!" Billy squirmed away from the limb. Sam covered his nose in disgust. "Gross!" The limb twitched a few times. "Here Kari. Here's your adventure!" Green ooze was dripping from it. "Go on, take it!" Kari shook her head grossed out by it.

"What the fuck?" Kari smelled the smell of decay coming from inside the cabin.

A figure came to the door. An old male Dwarf was standing in front of them machete in hand. He had on an apron covered in the green ooze. "You Tom's kids?" He asked with his rough voice.

"Yes sir. You must be Franz" Sam responded. The old Dwarf nodded.

"If you don't mind me asking Mr. Franz... What are you doing in there??!" Billy asked.

"Housecleaning."

---

A/N:

Hello

To be honest, I loved the way this chapter ends. I lol still when I read it.

So they will 'clean house' next chapter! So cool right??

Okay, I'll stop talking.

Vote, comment, or just say hi. I appreciate all of it.

Ciao for now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272 2 20
"He remained silent as he gazed upon her. He awaited her to initiate the conversation. If he was taken aback, he didn't show it, though a flicker of...
58 9 5
''To all the men who pretend to be gods, and all the women who will succeed them.'' Centuries ago, the world was cursed by the gods. A large tree spr...
17.9K 1K 55
Everyone has heard the story of the Beauty and the Beast. But what happens if the Beast was just a powerful Werewolf male, who is so void of love tha...
22 0 9
A voice pierced the darkness, shattering the silence of the night. It was a voice that everyone in the world knew and revered. It was the voice of Ka...